WS - XP REWARDS

WS ST

How I will award XP - GDP_ST

All XP will be publicly awarded down below.  It will also be individually awarded.  There will be a minimum amount everyone gets for participating in a thread and group challenges overcome - and then addtional pts for creativity / clever RP/ entertaining dialogue / good drama and proactivity.

A short term Aspiration is worth 1XP if attained.  A long term Aspiration is worth 2XP.  PM me here or  in Discord if you believe it has been attained and I shall add it to the award for the session if I agree.

I will also be sometimes assigning projects: bonus XP will be awarded for these depending on how demanding they are and how well people engage.

When XP is awarded between sessions you may spend it at that time while between sessions. Once a new session begins you may not spend xp until the end of the session. DOTs and Edges  bought with XP may be used immediately beginning the next session, with a couple of exceptions. 

XP COSTS for Normals and Talents

Object                                      Change                                                                              Cost
Attribute                  Add one dot to a single Attribute                                           10 Experience
Edge                        Add one dot in a new or existing Edge                                    3 Experience
Edge                        Add one dot in a new or existing Path Edge                           2 Experience
Enhanced Edge     Gain a new Enhanced Edge (even if it is a Path Edge)          6 Experience
Favored                  Approach Change a character’s Favored Approach             15 Experience
Skill                         Add one dot in a new or existing Skill                                       5 Experience
Skill Trick               Add a Skill Trick to a Skill                                                            3 Experience
Specialty                Add a Specialty to a Skill                                                             3 Experience
Path                        Add one dot in a new or existing Path (max five Paths)      18 Experience

XP COSTS for Psions

Object                                      Change                                                                              Cost
Attribute                  Add one dot to a single Attribute                                           10 Experience
Edge                        Add one dot in a new or existing Edge                                    3 Experience
Path Edge               Add one dot in a new or existing Path Edge                           2 Experience
Enhanced Edge     Gain a new Enhanced Edge (even if it is a Path Edge)          6 Experience
Favored                  Approach Change a character’s Favored Approach             15 Experience
Skill                         Add one dot in a new or existing Skill                                       5 Experience
Skill Trick               Add a Skill Trick to a Skill                                                            3 Experience
Specialty               Add a Specialty to a Skill                                                             3 Experience
Path                       Add one dot in a new or existing Path (max five Paths)      18 Experience
Psi Trait                 Add one dot to Psi Rating                                                          15 Experience
Psi Trait                 Add one dot to Psi Rating (6 or 7)                                            30 Experience
Mode Dot             Add one dot to Primary or Favored Auxiliary Mode                8 Experience
Mode Dot            Raise Primary Aptitude Mode to 6 or 7                                     16 Experience
Mode Dot            Add one dot in a Standard Auxiliary Mode                                10 Experience

TWEAKS 

1) Players may tweak their character sheets in the following ways. Shift one dot from one Attribute to another Attribute or from one Skill to another Skill. At the start of a new session, a player must announce
that he is going to do a dot shift and must mark on his character sheet the Skill or Attribute he plans to change. During that session, the player must roleplay using the Skill or Attribute he wishes to increase.
This can be as simple as creating a dice pool using the Skill or Attribute.
2 ) Write a new short-term Aspiration. At the start of each session, a player can set a new short-term Aspiration even if his character did not achieve his short-term Aspiration in the previous session.

one of your Short term aspirations should always be a Player goal or desire for the character to experience something and not a Character goal.

Important Note regarding XP Logs:

Have one.  Keep it handy - update the one you already have in PM with Nina, have a google doc, whatever you want to do, but have a log.  I don't want to see any of them at this stage - I'm not going to look over your shoulders and count beans on an abacus.  But I might want to check if I review a character sheet for some other purpose and have a 'hmm' moment.  Please, please be ready to display your papers on request. ;) 

Additionally, please also make sure your Yearbook thread entry and your Signature character sheets match up.  If they don't and it comes up during a dice-roll, I WILL  require you to use whichever sheet is worse.  I trust this will not be considered unfair, given that a warning has been issued. :D

SESSION I XP REWARD  - 8/02/2019

Everyone -  3 XP

you may add this to the Project XP you were rewarded and may spend XP now until I begin session II. If you intend to spend now do not put it off as I do not know exactly when I will start II, but it will be soon.

Talents - If anyone wishes to cement themselves as a talent at this time send me a PM. Do not feel rushed there will be additional moments (but not every session) where circumstances may allow a character to become a Talent. However it is something that if you are on the fence about you need to be thinking about it. When we get to the point where Psionic powers become active Characters will no longer be able to manifest as Talents.

• Nina locked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

SESSION II XP REWARD  - 8/21/2019

Everyone -  2 XP

you may add this to the Project XP  and any other bonus XP you were rewarded as well as to left over XP form the last XP segment. You may spend XP now up until I begin session III. If you intend to spend now do not put it off as I do not know exactly when I will start II, but it will be soon.

At this point I am once again offering the Talent Option. This will be the last time your character may become a talent. One this XP segment is closed Characters who have not chosen Talent as their weird will be locked in as Psi.

Bonus XP and personal story instructions will follow in PMs

Session III is going to be a long session so instead of trying to keep track in my haphazard way over several mini-sessions and making one big xp dump at the end I am going to award XP at each min- session conclusion. 

every body

+2 xp for Mini-Session 

If you believe you completed an aspiration during this mini session let me know in a pm

do not spend XP at this time.

look for bonus xp in PMs

• Nina pinned this topic

XP COST FOR PSIONS HAVE BEEN CHANGED SEE FIRST POST

SESSION III Final

+3 XP Story

+10 Xp for the Project (whether completed or not)

If you feel you have completed an aspiration send me a PM here not discord

Talents - Receive 1 Free Dot in an Edge you do not currently have.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Going into the next arc, I am awarding 1 dot in one of your character's existing Paths.  This can include Psion, which everyone (Except Cade) has at 0.  You cannot use this dot to take a new Path, however.  Enjoy.

For Project #5 so far, we have:

Cassandra (Salmonmax) - completed, 5 XP

Autumn (Vivi OOC) - completed, 5 XP

Sean (Sean) - completed, 5XP

Cade (Justin) - completed, 5XP

• 3 months later...

End of Episode V XP

These awards will also include awards for participation in the Rumors Project.  Character names will be added here as their wrap-post is posted on the Ep. V thread.

Kat Barras:  6XP for the thread + 3XP for writing/roleplaying/participation (First thread, and Kat's introduction, which she took to very well and the player put effort in despite not having a computer for a lot of the time) + 2XP for Rumors project = 11XP

Jauntsens:  6XP for the thread + 4XP for writing/roleplaying/participation (As usual, great characterisation, fun dialogue, gets involved and proactive) + 2XP for Rumors project = 12XP
- Devin:
  Two Short-term Aspirations achieved -  Make out with Lona.  Take someone somewhere with his powers. +2XP
- Marissa:

Two Short-term Aspirations achieved - Confide in someone, make a friend. +2XP

Charlie Cole:  6XP for the thread + 2XP for writing/roleplaying/participation (Decent quality and portrayal of the character.  Room for improvement and player initiative) + 2XP for Rumors project = 10XP

Cade Allister: 6XP for the thread + 2XP for writing/roleplaying/participation (Room for deeper emotional context - some was seen this time.) + 2XP for Rumors project = 10XP

Autumn:  6XP for the thread + 4XP for writing/roleplaying/participation (Excellent writing, real effort made to interact with and include other characters as well as maintaining continuity) + 2XP for Rumors project + 1XP (Aspiration: find practical use for powers) = 13XP

Cassandra:  6XP for the thread + 3XP for writing/roleplaying/participation (Good writing, nice characterisation, and plenty of pluck.  More proactivity and it'd be a 4-pointer) + 2XP for Rumors project +2 XP (Aspiration: Find out what happened to dad) = 13XP

Sean: 6XP for the thread + 3XP for writing/roleplaying/participation (Good writing,  solid posts with plenty going on.) + 2XP for Rumors project +2XP Aspirations ('Speak with Dr Cook about his project and whether his own genetic quirks have any bearing on him possessing psionic powers' and 'Trace the Surveillance coverage in Shelly') = 13XP

Jason: 6XP for the thread + 4XP for writing/roleplaying/participation (Decided by majority vote.) + 2XP for Rumors project + 3XP Aspirations (Get on the inside of Doctor Cook's black-budget project. Figure out what Courtney's game is)15XP

• 2 weeks later...

Intermission and Side Fic Awards (Completed Fictions only)

Marissa:  +3 XP for Intermission; +2 XP for The Fishing Date; +1 XP for Short Term Aspiration; +2 XP for Comparing Notes
Jason:     +2 XP for Intermission, +1 XP for Short Term Aspiration; +2 XP for Coming To Jesus; +1 XP for Bitter Roots; +2 XP for Comparing Notes; +3 XP for Into The Woods
Kat:          +3 XP for Intermission, +1 XP for Short Term Aspiration; +2 XP for Comparing Notes; +2 XP for Lone Friday; +1 XP for Ride
Sean:       +3 XP for Intermission; +2 XP for Comparing Notes
Devin:      +3 XP for Intermission, +2 XP for Short Term Aspirations; + 2XP for Coming To Jesus; +2 XP for Comparing Notes; +2 XP for Date to New Zealand
Cade:       +2 XP for The Fishing Date; + 3 XP for Intermission; +1 XP for Comparing Notes
Charlie:    +2 XP for Intermission
Cassie:     +3 XP for Intermission; +2 XP for Comparing Notes
Autumn:   +3 XP for Intermission; +2 XP for Comparing Notes; +3 XP for Into The Woods;

Archived