WS OOC

WS ST

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Nina said:

The base is a high security special forces training base, even the civilian dependents don't live on the actual base but in housing adjacent to the base.

I kept the base in this version of Shelly because a couple of the legacy charters had back grounds tied to the base and I do foresee some story plot points that could involve the base. but for the most part it's just there.

Another point....Wealth i don't mind you having wealth 1, but everybody shouldn't have it, this is a rural low income area, most of us should have no wealth edge, the richest people are the doctors and some of the people who have acquired a lot of the oil land. you can have families with money but keep it proportional to the location. Devin's dads wealth is fine because Devin's dad is a dishonest jerk and probably embezzled or scammed his money from widows and orphans and fled to this remote corner of nowhere to escape the vengeful wrath of someone. don't worry he will pay for his misdeeds. So while I don't mind the wealth edge keep the descriptions consistent with where you are

Air Force... Special Forces... LOL LOL LOL LOL... <ahem>  Hehe.... <snicker>  Sorry.  Oh, you're serious... my bad.

On a serious note, I think keeping the base is a great idea and I'm glad you did.  Frankly I think it allows for a ton of stories and interactions.  Like some evil General trying to hunt us like that dude always after the Hulk.  The Mad Scientist who wants to cut us open to see how we do what we do.  Even the opportunities for military types like Lilly's dad to be torn between orders and duty.

As for Wealth, in all seriousness I wasn't sure what to put Devin's Wealth at, I picked 3 honestly for shit's and giggles so if the Scooby Gang needed anything he could reliably (and reluctantly) be the guy who hooks them up (within reason, his parents can still pull his purchasing power).

In fact, one way for the people to go to Devin and get him involved would be to go to him for something that collectively the group couldn't afford on their own... at that point he'd prolly at least be around to see what the hell he bought, and what it's going to be used for.  Also, be prepared to receive a lot of flack from him, he'd not help without putting up some kind of insult saturated argument.

yeah the base has it's purpose but it's more of an this is off limits thing for the locals and yes the air force does have special forces

as for devins families wealth like I said your dad is a grown up version of Devin with experience and charm and a target on his back and i have plans for him

One more connection that I thought of: Lona is known around town because her dad had multiple rounds of cancer over a six year period. There were a lot of fundraisers and the like for the family, and she and Clara (Khris's character) even performed in some of them. Just another way people could know her.

Would Like to have all Character Submissions by the weekend

Characters

Dave - Devin - approved

Jeremy - Charlie - approved

Jeane - Coraline Hess -  approved

GDP - Bannon - Approved

Mala - Clara Wright - Approved

Dawn - Lona - Approved

SMax -  Cassandra Allen - Approved

Justin - Cade - approved

Nina - Sara - approved

Sean - Sean - approved

Noir - Lilly -

Spoiler

just moving it to this page

Medical Facilities

Shelly has excellent Doctors and state of the art facilities serving the region in The Marias Medical Complex which consists of Marias Medical Care, Marias Healthcare and Marias Care Center as well as Marias Regional Trauma Center. The Marias Heritage Center is a retirement and assisted living center located near the Medical Complex. The Medical Complex is the single largest civilian employer in the city and serves the complete medical needs of the entire northern part of Montana and the Blackfeet Reservation. 

details folks, details

read the spoilers I don't put them there because I think they are pretty the will always have something pertaining to the post in them which may be important or may simply be a detail your character would know about something mentioned in the post that didn't belong in the posts body or it may even be just a pic showing you what someone or thing looks like.

regardless please read them 

Request - can everyone please place their character sheet (minus the background/history fluff) in a spoiler in the characters signature.

signature can be found under setting to right hand corner where it shows what account you are logged in as. make sure you are logged into the character

thank you

Consensus seems to be go ahead, I would suggest Lona or Sean inviting Sara along. I think we have Clara and Fucking Cass in Clara's vehicle, Lilly with Lona, and Sean and Bannon in the back of Lilly's truck, Cade and Cora in Cade's vehicle, and Sara either taking the tow-truck or grabbing a ride with someone else.

10 minutes ago, Sean Cassidy said:

Consensus seems to be go ahead, I would suggest Lona or Sean inviting Sara along. I think we have Clara and Fucking Cass in Clara's vehicle, Lilly with Lona, and Sean and Bannon in the back of Lilly's truck, Cade and Cora in Cade's vehicle, and Sara either taking the tow-truck or grabbing a ride with someone else.

Lona is riding with Cade, so Charlie can ride in the cab of Lilly's truck. ;) 

6 hours ago, Clara Lys Wright said:

As far as I'm aware, Clara and Cass aren't going to The Griller? Cass isn't in the gaming group, and they've both had lunch. Max, do you want Cass to end up with the others?

What about The Griddle, where the rest of the PCs are going?

Dunno where the Griller is.

Hehe.

I have one more scene for Devin in this session then I will skip ahead to the night of the fair and party. i will be issuing xp for this session and special instructions for the next part. may not get to all of it today and I will not be available tomorrow after lunch so look for the next segment to kickoff firday.

Dave I will get your scene up after lunch today.

When it comes to party planning, I think those who are in on the action have between them enough resources, contacts and know-how to obtain booze, sound equipment and set up a bonfire pit or two.  We can off-screen the nitty-gritty-planning-committee, if Nina's fine with that?

Also, if anyone has any ideas for the party, go ahead and slap them down below.  Gives us stuff to work with while posting.

I was hoping to introduce this organically IC, but sie la vie...

Coraline's 1st offering to the party: one Kamala Drix, half-elf fighter. Sword-and-board protection style with a 50/50 mix of social fu and survival skills.  LN Mercenary child of two retired mercenaries who tries not to screw over people too badly before (insert event Sean used to introduce a new PC mid campaign, lol) happened. 

I'd have more, but the 5th ed srd is pretty awful. I do have the critical dice I'll roll for the game within the game given a chance down the line, though. :)

Friendly reminder... If you post in character in any thread related to telling our story whether it be a Session thread, a Project, an Intermezzo, or even a thread you create yourself to tell a side story. Those posts will garner XP

No one has to post in the extra threads but if you don't, don't complain when others who do have more xp.

for those who did not post in this first intermezzo thread. I will still take a post from you  if you wish to make one since I did not, when i put the thread up, explicitly say that participants would get xp. 

Remember participation will always be rewarded.

Just FYI, I posted this in discord and thanks to Bannon's excellent suggestion, I repost it here:

I'm working on the music post. So here's the deal: I'm just posting the whole damn thing.
If your PC isn't there already, they're gonna be late, and that's fine.
If your PC has a strong, noticable reaction to a song, or you want me to add them doing something, I'm more than happy to add that in.
Ditto with an NPC.
But this is a forty-minute-ish show, based on the fact that I have 10 songs. So rather than post up song by song, I'd rather work reactions in after the fact.
Or in your post, just note what song you were hearing when you came in the door. Also fine. 😃
In short, I'm willing to work with people on it.

Dawn, Very good idea

If you want to mention faces you can use pretty much any npc i have posted up (regardless of who made them) The only NPC at this time intend to have interact with Lona is Dr winters who will be there. but others may as the posts dictate :)

So, we have a few songs put up for consideration as the Game's Theme.

Glory by The Score

"It's My Life" Bon Jovi  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx2u5uUu3DE

Machine by Imagine Dragon

Live Like Giants by Extreme Music (feat. Dan Murphy)

Legends by Out Loud!

For now, other than the people who have proposed the theme songs, are people showing any preferences (hopefully after giving each song as least a bit of a listen)?

• Nina pinned this topic

Archived