ABERRANT WEIDER STUFF: SEASON 2 EPISODE 03 - "Look What They've Done"

WS ST

In the midst of the madness, Kia exploded.

At least, that's how it looked for a moment. Fragments flew off of her gigantic draconic body in all directions...seemingly small, but really that was just compared to how big she was. Each one was bigger than a person...and as they cascaded out, each unfurled little wings and clawed legs of their own. In the center of that expanding sphere of vicious little living things was the mother of the brood, Kia herself. No smaller or less fierce for her swiftly-birthed armada.

She launched herself up, wings sending a scattering of gales every which way. As she rose her spawn gathered into formation ahead and spread around her. They surged ahead towards Pandora, leaving a path open for Kia to come barreling in just behind. A storm of talons and fangs, large and small, that filled even the endless sky of this place outside of places.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now existing on the quantum level of reality, Sean's expansive awareness and perceptions burned and tingled as they reassessed and readjusted to her place in it. In a place were distance and time were mere suggestions, Sean had all the time she wished to consider the revelation of Pandora suborning of Sara and her deception.

A constructed fantasy or not, Sean didn't believe all those other lives they witnessed were simple fabrications from Pandora's ancient, stagnant imagination. Not when they stood on the threshold of the multiverse, a new dimensional timeline spawning from every potential decision they could make. She smiled sadly.

They stood amidst the physical manifestation of the uncertainty principle, where the precise value of distance, velocity, time, mass, light, magnetism were indeterminate. Or rather, they were only determined by the will and perceptions of one observing them. This was a realm of concepts and ideas, the fundamental substances that composed actuality. It was a realm of will.

Sean might not have had the direct destructive power of the others, but in a place of raw will, in which she was second to none, her will was just as potent.

Pandora appeared as pure prismatic light, a composition of quanta that behaved as both waves and particles, diffuse even condensed into a sphere by Abel's dimensional lock. But even light had mass, infinitesimal though it was, and where there was mass, there was substance. With substance, solidity.

Pandora would not escape the vengeance, the justice, of the Irregulars by existing in a state ephemeral, ethereal.

Sean pitted her will against that of Pandora, who had to contend against them all, instead of only one. After epochs of astrological time, in a place where time was but a concept, Pandora's experience meant little, only will did.

Sean imposed order on the structured chaos of light Pandora was composed of. The many-coloured lights glittered, splintered, then congealed, solidified into a panoply of sharp-edged prisms, fracturing the light to make of Pandora something crystalline, but clear and empty itself.

Something hard, but brittle, fragile. Something that could be smashed, shattered, by all that assailed it. Something that could be destroyed beyond recovering. Something that was once timeless forced to face the end of eternity.

"She has no more excuses, Jeane," Sean said, the crystalline entity that was Pandora seeming to shiver under the resonance of her melodious voice. "Because in the end, she knows them all to be empty."

Spoiler

Not sure exactly what to roll, if anything, so rolling Willpower, and spending a point of Willpower for an extra success.

Willpower to Impose her own Will on the Quantum Realm: 18d10t7 10 +1 success for a total of 11 successes.

The Irregulars struck, crystal energy fractured, were burned, cut, dissolved the coherence of Pandora failed, its pattern unraveled, the secrets of the universe poured out, the end of creation witnessed.

Pandora died.

The subatomic realm quaked. Sean's perceptions found the epicenters, the other titans. Sara blazing pointed the way, Jeane carried them. The Irregulars struck.

Again and again and again. Six times.

Six titans joined their sister in oblivion.

The Titans were gone. The universe was safe.

The young teens looked at one another, all of them were there. Abel, Sean, Lilly dragging the beaten and defeated Apollo, Sara, Kia, and Jeane. They stood under the Canadian mountains nearby an young Native Tribsman and a docile bear stood watching them.

The ordeal was over.

"Oh. Hey, Pete," greeted Jeane with a confidence she wouldn't have been able to muster during their first meeting, starstruck with the team and enamored with him that she had been, still was if she was honest, "I really need your number or some way to reach you so that we can hang out, okay? You're cute; I'm awesome. It could be fun."

Then the smile fell off her face as she took in their surroundings and the bear and everything that meant about the potential truthfulness of Pandora's claims about what she had done. She flopped backwards to the pine-needle studded ground, running her hands down her face and groaning.

"Damn it. Before someone checks a calender or starts spouting quantum technobabble, could you please delete all these other Jeanes from my head, Abel? I really don't want to face the prospect of doing *all* of that work I did setting my life up *again* with a whole peanut gallery up here. My node is killing me, God damn it."

They'd won, Undeniably, Utterly.   The Titans were gone, Leaving the Irregulars victorious, though Devin would likely never recover from what Pandora had done to him.  He had no way to fully assess the damage immediately, but with a little time, he could at least keep him alive, and work to help him come back to them.  

He moved to Kia's side, and casually slipped an arm around the petite shapeshifter, a smile on his face.  He'd had a thousand different sappy romantic comments to make, but in an instant, Jeane snapped him from the reverie.  "That sort of thing is really best done at home Jeane, just in case there's some sort of backlash.  We should all get some rest, and then if any of you want me to do as you just asked, I will."   He didn't care that he was admitting he could actually do something like that, They were his friends, and if anyone should know what he could potentially do, it should be them, as they'd have to stop him if he ever went too far.

He planned to keep his own memories, now that he could process, sort, and store them all without going insane.  There was a danger, but getting to experience so much, so many lifetimes, was something it would take him some time to ever duplicate.  He looked to each of the other Irregulars, and smiled.   Quietly, he opened his senses to the world, testing everything he knew about the real world against where he found himself, using every means and metasense at his disposal, reaching out and touching minds he knew well.

• Nina locked this topic
  • Nina unpinned this topic

Archived