ABERRANT WEIDER STUFF: SEASON 2 EPISODE 03 - "Look What They've Done"

WS ST

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Roswell," Sean whispered, staring at the paused image of Rashoud.

She was frustrated. They found the control system, and yet the answers she had wanted to find weren't there. Plans and schematics for any number of devices, advancements, and processes, but nothing on who they were. They might have been integrated into the system as CPUs, but the system seemed to be some sort of imagination engine. The users queried the system on some development, and the system, them, determined a way to make it possible.

And here was video of one of the users. Had Rashoud somehow entered the simulation to interact with them? There were instances where Rashoud had seemed far too smug, as if she had known something they hadn't known despite it seeming she had no reason to.

And organs in the brain? That sounded like... No information on who she and her companions and the rest in the pods were. Was it because they weren't people... in their eyes? Hybrids, implanted or designed with the same organ?

"Abel, you need to come see this!" Sean repeated with strident urgency. "I think we might finally get some answers."

The remaining members of the Brain Trust watched the video logs for hours.  Everything was driven by the impetus of the Cold War.   After the crash They couldn't reverse engineer anything with current technology, so the powers that be looked for beyond the box possibilities.  Eventually the connection between the human brain and a computer was drawn, and a functioning prototype of a computer using human brains as cpu's was cobbled together.   Both of them watched in horror as Rashoud detailed the initial subjects, unwanted infants that would have been put into various orphanages.   This was enough to reverse engineer the neural interface fully, and the capsules themselves,  along with salvage from several other wrecks in the fifties.

The Infant CPU's weren't provided with their own identity programs, Indeed, the undeveloped brains didn't last all that long, showing signs of extreme psychosis and outright insanity, dying not too long afterwards.  The Second generation were however provided detailed identity programs, and according to the logs, this was what most of the Irregulars were.  A third group was added in the 60s to increase computing power, but before real benefit of this could be realized, the war broke out, and left only the few of them as survivors.  

It was something, seeing Rashoud grow older as the tapes went on, but Abel pushed those thoughts away, questioning how she'd inserted herself into the program, and why she'd taken the route of making herself an adversary.   "Seriously, why put yourself in as an enemy?"  he whispered softly.  

The final log entry was dated January 3, 1973, which mostly comprised of Rashoud revealing the war had now begun."    When it finished, Abel sat there, stunned, and reached over, putting an arm around Sean's narrow shoulders.  It was a short hug, as much for himself as to comfort his oldest friend.   They'd learned they were lies, their very identities just complex programs after all.   He pulled away after a moment, and dropped his arm back to the terminal.   The entire ordeal gave them many answers, but it left so many new and old questions.

The larger Chimpanzee lowered his rifle and stood up from behind the large planter with a loud 'Humph'  He stepped closer to the two human girls and raised his left hand palm out toward them in a gesture that was half salute half wave "Well we aren't going to shoot you either, just you startled us. I'm Cornelius, this is my cousin," he motions the other chimp to come out from cover, "Galen. And that fat orangutan over there is Vello. Come on out Vello." Vello waddles out, he is kind of fat now that he can be seen clearly

"I'm not fat I'm large boned" he says grumpily.

Cornelius shakes his head at his friend then address the humans again. "We don't often see human's in the forbidden zone. I don't recognize your markings, if you don't mind my asking, what tribe do you belong to?"

Spoiler

ok this is primarily for Jeane and Kia.... able and Sean are watching videos.

Part of Jeane laughed inside at her camouflage being taken for tribal markings and if the situation wasn't so deadly serious she'd have grinned to split her face. But her most recent memories, the ones that burned so much stronger than the legion of ghosts pressing in on her from all sides, muted the laugh and the smile. She shot Kia a sidelong glare of warning, a silent shut up burning in her blue eyes as she tried to get information *and* get these strangers away from her people as quickly as possible.

"You wouldn't have heard of us, but we call ourselves the Irregulars. We're not here by choice, and once we find out what we're after, we'll be out of your hair and into the next area," the tall blonde paused, realizing the potential insult she may have just given, "No offense meant by the hair comment... Anyway, Cornelius, you wouldn't happen to know where the nearest human tribe is, would you? Given a route to run to, we'll be gone even faster."

She strove to keep her voice low and even as she could despite the emptiness in her gut and confusion in her head. This was no street fight and she couldn't risk it escalating to a lead pipe being swung at someone's head. Not today. Not with how uncertain everything was. Get the apes gone and *then* they could see where the hell Lilly got herself.

Jeane's world erupted in black flames and droning static, focus on her breathing the only thing that kept her rooted in place as the chimp opened up his lips to answer their questions.

"Afraid we haven't seen anyone else. We saw your group crossing from the dead sea and Galen wanted to be sure where your were going," responded the lead chimp, adding, "If you wish to travel with us, there are some human tribes to the south we trade with that we'd be glad to show you and..."

Anything else he had to say was cut off by a voice that Jeane only vaguely recognized as her own, brittle and angering and shattering into rage even as the very last of her self-control exploded in all direction. "I'm sorry. If you'll give us... a moment... I need to have... a... woooord with my... UTTER AIRHEAD IMBECILE OF A TEAMATE WHO CAN'T KEEP HER MOUTH SHUT FOR 15 SECONDS! JUST HOW DUMB ARE YOU, KIA!?!!"

The black shadows rushed in from all directions, drowning everything except Kia's face and the welcome release of her hands tightening into fists and her legs carrying her forward even as a golden memory flashed in front of her mind's eye, sucked in on the backdraft of rage.

Dan shook his head and took a drink. "Look, I don't know what was said, what all happened as you heard it, but The Irregulars are heroes, and at the same time, you're all still a bunch of kids. I swear, I sometimes catch myself wondering if I woke up in an anime or something. Phenomenal powers, teenage angst, and dangers no one really understands, that threaten the whole world. Of course Keys can be dangerous, but it comes down to how a Key chooses to use their powers. Personally I am concerned with what measures are in place to Contain a Key that breaks the law, and cannot be contained with normal means."

"Yeah. That could be bad," Jeane conceded after a pull on her own sip of water, remembering the brain in a jar, "But I'm sure we could figure it out together. Given even half a chance. I mean, if it's open to Keys, some of us are going to want to use our skills in public service in some way. If the Irregulars don't work out in the next two years, even I might ask you to walk me into the recruiting station."

She looked back at her Father on that note, blue eyes gauging his reaction.

He shook his head. "I would highly advise you against that course, Jeane."It was certainly not what she was expecting to hear. "Were you a normal young woman, then yes, The Service is good for you. But As you are now, The higher-ups, They'd press you to become a weapon, one way or another, and you'd never be free."

"You who love your freedom more than anyone I know, The Service would break you, and take that from you, and I just don't want to see that future for you. I'm a bit proud that you'd even consider it, but as your Father, I would caution you against following my footsteps there."  There was a sadness to his tone, and pride. For someone like him, a Lifelong Marine, to speak as he did, was likely about the hardest thing he'd had to do.

The damning irony of that memory, here, now, with all that was happening, with the possibility that it was all a lie planted in her head some mad scientist only made her angrier, fist drawing back for a haymaker aiming to take Kia's clueless little head straight off her shoulders. She was probably never going to see him or Sam or Paul or even Mom ever again. Everyone got a verbal warning before Jeane escalated, and Kia had well and truly used up hers, first and final strike. "FIRST RULE OF THE STREETS, KIA! SHOW NO WEAKNESS TO STRANGERS!"  The tall blonde bellowed at the top of her lungs, throwing her fist forward even as the cloud of mnemonic chaos obscured her vision.

Jeane's mouth worked soundlessly a few times, not knowing how to reply or even think about that response or the raw emotional damage she could imagine that costing him, so she went with her gut. She moved in the blink of an eye to engulf Daniel in a crushing hug of gratitude and comfort, head resting on his shoulders, superhuman reflexes covering the awkwardness of the unfamiliar physical affection and reversed scales.

"Thank you for being here, Dad. I know I yelled and complained a lot, but... Thank you for looking out for us," she mumbled into his shoulder. 

"Always Jeane."  He hugged her back with a smile.  "You'll find your place one day.  I won't tell you do this or not only advise you on such a choice.  Just consider your options, which frankly you have way more of now."

She maintained the hug, sighing as she drew upon that stability, "So if that's out, does the same hold with asking NASA about helping me with a cool thing I found out I could do today? I'm pretty sure I found one of those Earths that's not-quite our Earth while running away from the meeting. Not a nice place, but interesting and new. I don't quite feel up to confronting the others so soon, but if you don't think it'll be safe..."

"I really don't think you need to rush off tonight.    Stay here, just have a normal night in, and tomorrow, go back and Talk to Abel.  At least see how the meeting went, and that way you know where you stand."  

He chuckled.  "NASA's more looking up and out than at other dimensions, Jeane."

"Was worth a shot. It's all aliens, isn't it?" Jeane answered lightly as she withdrew from the hug.

She bobbed her head, "Okay. I'll give him *A* chance tomorrow. Umm, remember the night before they took you away? Think I can cash in a raincheck and have a driving lesson this weekend?"

"Sure,  though I guess you'll have your own money with that endorsement deal to buy yourself a vehicle after you pass."   Dan smiled, and squeezed her shoulder.  "I'm proud of how far you've already come Jeane.  Never doubt that."

The painful, searing mockery of that memory ended, leaving the tall blonde uncertain if she even hit and just as swiftly not giving a shit, madness-clouded eyes zeroing in on the smaller girl as she moved with trained instinct and aimed a booted foot at Kia's gut, "DO YOU WANT TO KILL US?! WE CAN'T TRUST THEM! THEY COULD BE *HER* CHILDREN, SOMETHING RASHOUD DESIGNED WITH OUR STOLEN LIVES TO MOCK US!  REPLACE US! JUST SO WE COULD GO DIE IN THE DARK! IDIOT! AIRHEAD! LOSER!"

Her voice echoed through the lobby and down the stairs, full of bile and hate and black rage bent on violence.

Spoiler

Full credit to Justin for providing the Daniel Hebert part of the flashback, composed during a happier time, lol.

Now for some dice. Flurry, splitting my action into a strike and a kick. The kick will be boosted with a willpower point 8/10 of that left.

Strike. 6D10E7 => 2 Two successes to hit, base 7 Bashing damage if I hit.

Kick. 5D10E7 => 2 Two successes + One Auto for 3 total to hit with a +1 difficulty from the maneuver. Base 8 Bashing damage if I hit.

Given how badly Jeane is telegraphing herself, Kia is probably entitled to some defensive reactions. Maybe. :D

She expected the chimps to grab her and stop her, she didnt know why she expected that but she did, and they didn't. She didn't know when Kia fell or how many time she kicked her fallen friend the rage was to hot all the emotion to intense. kia cried out for the younger larger girl to stop, Jeane didn't hear it didn't want to the sheer act of letting loose taking charge was euphoric, orgasmic.

It

Was

Pure

Violence.

The small form that was Kia had stopped screaming, had floded into a tight ball, the proverbial fetal position. The small Asian girl was bloody her limbs cut and scrapped flesh split where she had tried to block the blows and kicks mostly ineffectually. Jeane Stopped and looked down at the swollen misshapen features and heard the wheeze of the girls breathing, bloody bubbles coming from her moth as she tried to breath with broken ribs and nose.

"Such fury, such power. Come Jeane, you of all of them have the heart and soul of a god, Finish what you  have started and I shall elevate you."  the voice was a woman's cultured British and cold as hell.

What?

What the fuck?

What was she..? Who was that voice..?

The sheer unexpectedness of another voice flooded her mind and put out the inferno that consumed her thoughts, revealing the stark reality of what she had done, the shaking exhaustion in her limbs from adrenaline, the confusion retreating from a sheer lack of anything to feed upon. And in it's wake, guilt and shame that brought her to her knees staring down at her blood-covered knuckles and, dear god, was that flesh under her finger nails..?

She had... But Kia was always better than... Focus. Concentrate. Just... do... something, anything to make it better. That was what she was good for, right..?

She didn't know anymore.

"...Who are you? What... are you?" she asked, breath hitching as she struggled against hyperventilation and shock. Just one breath, one thought, at a time. 

1 hour ago, Jeane said:

"Afraid we haven't seen anyone else. We saw your group crossing from the dead sea and Galen wanted to be sure where your were going," responded the lead chimp, adding, "If you wish to travel with us, there are some human tribes to the south we trade with that we'd be glad to show you and..."

Anything else he had to say was cut off by a voice that Jeane only vaguely recognized as her own, brittle and angering and shattering into rage even as the very last of her self-control exploded in all direction. "I'm sorry. If you'll give us... a moment... I need to have... a... woooord with my...

Kia and the apes stood wide eyed as Jeane spoke and faded from view into nothingness right before their very eyes. All were struck speechless, the three apes looked back and forth shaking their heads in disbelief.

"Jeane!" yelped Kia. She darted forward, hands outstretched, hoping she'd just turned invisible. Her hands swished through empty space though.

She looked around and called, "JEANE!"

That must be what happened to Lilly!

Kia whirled back to look at the apes, wide-eyed. "Have you lost anyone like this?! Do you know what's going on?!"

Sean balled her small hands into a pair of tight fists at her sides and Abel could see while she was slender, she wasn't weak. The stretchy, form fitting leotard hid nothing and her body was taut and toned and wiry. Her finely sculpted facial features were tensed with smoldering anger, huge, expressive turquoise eyes hard and unflinching.

"If all this is... is real," Sean growled, her sweet, mellifluous voice cold and sharp with suppressed fury, beginning to doubt the actuality of the reality they found themselves in, "Rashoud didn't come into the system setting herself up as an enemy. That would indicate she saw us as people instead of as tools. She just wanted to see how her tools operated from the inside rather than from the outside."

Abel hadn't said anything, but she could tell what he was thinking - they had been friends over multiple subjective lifetimes, sometimes more than friends. And she'd been thinking the same thing. That someone had programmed her with such an identity crisis, that the others hadn't had to deal with. Or that the bastard in charge of her programming had changed her or his mind, or had even done so as part of an experiment. It didn't matter.

Sean turned to Abel, placing her hands on his shoulders, her slender fingers strong as wire, tight enough it almost hurt.

"We aren't lies, Abel, we aren't fakes," Sean declared adamantly. "We are as real as they are, whatever Rashoud might claim. They might have programmed the kernel of our identities, but it's just the start, a small piece of what makes us who we are. No more than anyone else's identity is informed by their parents, by who raised them. When you come down to it, everyone is just a very complex program, one that changes and evolves based on the other 'programs' and situations and circumstances - executable files, if you will - that it interacts with. They set us up, but they couldn't make up all the details of all our lives - we made our own decisions and forged our own paths."

Sean smiled with grim ferocity and Abel realized just how beautiful she was. Not with the overabundant curves and impossible perfection he could remember her having at times, but with a clear, naturally symmetrical beauty that would be remarked on anywhere by anyone.

"I know this without doubt. Because if they could have come up with every detail of our lives, they would never have needed to make a system with us as CPUs in the first place and then query us for the answers to their problems. They could have come up with the solutions themselves. They didn't."

She release Abel's shoulder and then waved an arm around, indicating the abandoned lab, then pointed upward, suggesting the apocalyptic landscape. "They ended up with this. With that. Fuck 'em! They're gone now. But we're not!"

Abel smiled at Sean.  It was the same smile she could remember across dozens of lifetimes, one that had been just for her, or him, regardless.  "You're the best Sean, really."  There were other things he wanted to say, things he could remember saying to her in other lifetimes, but he didn't say them now.   He nodded his head once.  "Yeah, they fucked up, we haven't.  That's all them, but we have a chance to do better.  We're still here, and If you're anything like me, You still have all the knowledge we accumulated.   We can build something better.  We can help the people who are left."   Of course they couldn't  be so open about that, but they had to move forward, one way or another."  

"We lived all those lives, We're still us, all of us, all those lifetimes."  

He gave her a grin.  "So we've been down here awhile.  Let's find the others,  we can eat, and fill them in on what we learned, and then decide how we're going to proceed, I mean we've been watching these video logs for hours.   Kinda felt like one of those gaming all-nighters except this wasn't fun, just abit horrific."

On 12/18/2018 at 1:02 AM, Kia Mizuki said:

"Jeane!" yelped Kia. She darted forward, hands outstretched, hoping she'd just turned invisible. Her hands swished through empty space though.

She looked around and called, "JEANE!"

That must be what happened to Lilly!

Kia whirled back to look at the apes, wide-eyed. "Have you lost anyone like this?! Do you know what's going on?!"

The chimp, the one named Cornelius Kia thought, cocked his head to the side giving Kia a pondering look "Is that their name, Jeane? The one you said was in the room over here what did you call it an elevator," he asked?

Vello had turned back and was examining the elevator car. "There is no one in here and if my nose if correct, and it usually is, this room has been empty and closed up for a long time. Did you and your friends open it?

"I'm your salvation Jeane. I am the only one whom can give you all that you need, all that you desire." The tall handsome woman stepped out of the elevator car the howling apes suddenly quiet and subdued as if in the presence of someone or thing that terrified them, they crowded together hugging each other . The woman strode upto Jean and took her hand. "Now finish it." she said

Jeans hand itched and she looked at her palm and saw the red fire...

Spoiler

the woman.....cate-blanchett-height-weight-age-3.jpg

Sean and Abel made their way up the stairs to rejoin their friends and when they came to the door Sean reached out and grasped Abel's arm stopping him from opening it. Something a smell, an unheard sigh had rippled across Sean's awareness.

"What is it," asked Abel?

The chimp, the one named Cornelius Kia thought, cocked his head to the side giving Kia a pondering look "Is that their name, Jeane? The one you said was in the room over here what did you call it an elevator," he asked?

Vello had turned back and was examining the elevator car. "There is no one in here and if my nose if correct, and it usually is, this room has been empty and closed up for a long time. Did you and your friends open it?

"Lilly, another friend, went into it," Kia answered automatically, then looked at the apes. "Jeane was the one who just...disappeared, a second ago."

They don't remember her.

"You know, taller than me, blonde?"

It was more than them just not remembering Jeane, Kia realized. It was like they hadn't even noticed her asking them if they'd lost anyone too. Her mind flashed back to when she'd pestered Abel into showing her one of his 'RPG' computer games, and she'd immediately wanted to do things like pick up pots or hide in boxes that the game just wasn't programmed to even consider happening. It seemed quite realistic...as long as you didn't try to stray from the preprogrammed path. If you did...you'd find an invisible wall, blocking you off.

It's true. This really isn't real, is it?

Sean went still, her fingers light on Abel's arm, though he suspected if he tried to push pass, they'd clamp down with surprising force and intensity. The svelte and nubile young woman arched her neck, as though straining to see or hear something distant. Her nostrils flared as she inhaled slow and deep.

"What is it, Sean?" Abel repeated.

"Shhh!" Sean hushed him vehemently, her handing tightening on his arm, her huge, wide turquoise eyes blazing.

She could remember having eyes strong enough to see individual cells and to make out details of other planets and stars during the day. Auditory faculties that made hearing a heartbeat from across an auditorium trivial, a sense of smell that could discern every single ingredient and substance in a restaurant, from the food, to what constituted each patron's clothing and shampoo.

While her senses were still sharp and acute, now they were merely human. And yet...

"Sara..." Sean whispered with heart-aching yearning. She caught Abel's eye. "I can smell her, Abel. The scent of her bodywash and her shampoo and the scent that is her's alone. An a sigh, as though she's standing right behind me with her chin resting on my shoulder, her breathe brushing my ear..."

Sean's gorgeous, enticing eyes, the same eyes she seemed to have in every iteration, male or female were bright. She reached up with her free hand, as though to caress the woman that seemed to be right by her, but there was nothing there, nothing tangible.

It was a thought that she had said not to dwell on, a hypothesis without an answer, when reality and facsimile were indistinguishable. But Sean had the thought now.

"Are we still in the system or some version of it, and now Sara is trying to get us out, or communicate with us?" Sean wondered in a soft, wondering tone, the longing to see Sara again strong in her voice, to find out she wasn't really dead.

*Meanwhile in the Twilight Zone*

At that amazing, reassuring, familiar sensation in her hand, Jeane closed her eyes and concentrated, a thousand thousand weapons appearing in ordered rows in her mind. Just like she remembered. Swords. Daggers. Spears. Axes. Clubs. All of them ready to come into reality at her beck and call, her ever reliable lead pipe front and center. Instruments of her will to protect her crew, her people, from all their enemies as weakest, youngest, dumbest of the Irregulars. The whole array trembled at that thought and it was with the most bittersweet of regrets she opened her eyes to look up at the woman without taking one single weapon.

"No. I won't. You did something, didn't you? To help me win against one of the best martial artists I've ever seen. Like you're doing to them right now," she exhaled, eyes flicking to the apes as they shivered and clung to one another, "Kia can be naive and a fool, but she's one of mine, and if there is a God, I will be punished for this. You'll have to break me to hurt her more."

Surviving Key. Psychic. Alien. Mistress of yet another simulation. Didn't matter what she was facing. This 'woman' had given her the space to think, and even if she was crushed in a heartbeat for it... Well, there was a story about a young man and a serpent and a mountain... Her lips quirked bitterly at the thought, private laughter.    

Abel paused, and inhaled.  his own senses were still great, but not the inhuman level that had made molecular sciences so easy.  Still he could smell alot, but he didn't have the memories of Sarah Sean did,  or that level of attachment.

Abel sighed.  "At this point Sean, i just don't know.  We need to find the others, gather together, and compare notes.   I'm not doubting you, what you smell, taste, or hear, I just know that I cannot say I sense any of it."  She had quite a surprising grip on him, and he looked down.  "We're still here, wherever here is, and we need to inform the others of what we learned.   I'm also concerned that we just spent hours watching videos, and not only did Jeane and Kia not return, but Lilly never came out of the elevator."

"You reject me? After all I have given you?" The woman towers over Jeane and the prostrate Kia her size and terribleness growing even though she remains unchanged.

Spoiler

1971dq8ecwifbjpg.jpg

"How dare you refuse me! I am a god! I am your god! and you shall reap what you have sown here this day, I am finished wasting my time with you inferior creatures.

FEEL MY WRATH!" her voice becomes inhuman and hurts the ears and brains of Jeane and Kia. Behind the door Sean and Abel are assaulted by the sheer essence of the power and terror on the other side of the door, suddenly a hand then an arm appears beside Sean and reaches past her the hand closing on the door handle. Sean turns to face the arm and sees her lover fading into view Sara smiles at Sean and reaches up with her other hand to touch her face. "We have to fight now this is our only chance."

She opens the door.

Lilly catches up to Kia a thousand questions in her mind when some one calls her name. "Hey Lilly! I been waiting for this." Lilly turns toward the voice her senses alert the voice is familiar and sends a trickle of dread down her spine.

He is standing right there closer than he should be all muscles and gleaming ebony skin. Faster than the eye can follow his fist rockets out but even as fast as he is Lilly gets her own arms up to block the blow. Still it is like being hit by a speeding bullet train. Lilly is thrown backwards flying through the air she hits the side of the school building and smashes through in a shower of glass and steel. School kid scream and flee the girl turned wrecking ball and Lilly rolls to her feet and looks up just as her foe steps into the building. "Let's see what you got, bitch." says Apollo

Spoiler

Lilly has her powers back she and Apollo are in Shelly High-school, Lilly is wearing her pam suit

The rest of you are now standing on what appears to be a sheet of ice  floating in the cosmos. you can see stars planets and galaxies all around the sheet which is about the size of a foot ball field but oval in shape. You all have you powers back. Jeane, Kia, Sean, Abel, and Sara are all there and also fully dressed in your Pam Suits. Facing you across the Ice is a Pandora and at her feet is the crumpled motionless form of Devin

surprise!

Everything flashed back into Jeane like a lightning bolt through a kite, a million familiar, welcome sensations flooding her mind and body. She locked her gaze on Devin's crumpled form, a stupid, glorious plan coming together in no more time than it took to catch sight of Abel out of the corner of her eye.

Problem #1? Pandora being too close to Jaunt for the others to cut loose. Problem#2? Ice keeping her from using her speed to get in and out. Problem #3? Teleportation probably being waaaay too uncertain to risk. Problems number 4 through infinity? Everything else she could worry about later. At least Kia seemed okay now.

"Abel, catch me?" she asked with a cocky grin, a wreathed by a cloud of red sparks as she willed a lightning spear into existence with an artistic twirl, spinning it around her once to built up momentum to drive it point first into the ice. A quick twist up and planting of her feet on the glowing shaft later, the tall girl pumped quantum into her legs, exploding in Devin's direction with a crack of displaced air, a red-and-white clad missile flying parallel to the surface of the ice. Long blonde hair flowed behind her head as she extended one arm to grab her fellow teleporter as she passed, intending to pull him into her body.

Stopping before she and Devin went flying off into space? Well, that was something she'd hopefully not have to worry about.

Spoiler

Flurry time. Action One: Summon Spear. Action Two: Plant Spear.

Action Three: Quantum Leap aiming at Devin, including Parkour bonus if applicable. Mega Dice 4D10E7 => 1 Plus Normal Dice 6D10E7 => 3 So, 5 Success total.

Action Four: Grab Devin, burning a point of willpower on this one. Mega Dice 4D10E7 => 1 Normal Dice 2D10E7 => 0 So, 2+1 Successes for a total of 3.

Full HLs. 7/10 WP. 22/26 QP.

It was like a part of him simply switched back on, his mind, his senses expanding in an instant, which seemed to stretch dozens of lifetimes.  The vast library and Archive that comprised his mental image of his mind was restored to the Order it had once been.   His thoughts raced beyond any mortal realms, and he smiled.  He could feel his friends there, He could feel their power, and Pandora's.   While she was mighty, Abel wasn't afraid.  

There was a dark undercurrent in his voice, even as he spoke, his personal shield flickering to life.   "Oh Fuck the Hell Yes."   He practically growled out, his eyes seeming to throw off an occasional arc of azure mental energy.  He'd nearly broken, but he'd remained strong, with help from the others.

"Let's end this evil bitch."  he wore a wicked smile, clearly he saw Pandora as the architect of their ordeal, and he was out to make her pay.

Twin swords of light ignited from the cylinders he pulled from the belt of his PAM suit, both a brilliant shade of blue,  and He reached out preparing to catch Jeane as she asked.   He could have simply moved Devin himself, but Jeane moved first, so they'd play this her way.   With a nod to Sean and Sara,  He'd trust in Sean to Devise a more solid battleplan, and work with jeane to run interference for now.

God it felt good to be whole again.    That thought raised its own questions, but he shunt them aside.  This was a real fight, one absolutely had to win.   Even as he took off moving towards Pandora, the barrier shield flickered into life, protecting those behind him.   He was already taking stock, taking note of anything he could use to throw at Pandora, or barring that, her reactions to these opening moves, which would let him set up the dimensional railgun attack he'd devised after working with Jeane.

Activating multitasking for the scene
Telekinesis roll  12 success
personal shield roll 7 success +21 L/B/A soak
barrier shield roll  6 successes +19 L/B soak for those behind abel, from his directional shield (he does not benefit from this shield) shield's dimensions are 6mx6m

The moment she felt the surge of quantum return Lilly immediately and without hesitation reached out with her thoughts to the others.

< Guys? Guys? Anybody there? > she tried to think to her friends while maintain her demeanor in the moment with practiced ease.

"I am pretty sure this is all just a bullshit simulation, but whatever." she shrugged. "I'd be lying if I said a part of me did not want to just break some shit right now." Lilly muttered to herself as she shook her head, tossing bits of class and other debris from her hair and body.

"We already beat your ass last time, Apollo. We can do it again." she stated simply.

"We? None of your buddies are around. This time it's just you and me." Apollo sneared.

"Nah bitch..." Lilly said, channeling Devin a bit as the quantum coursing through her body surrounded and flowed into each and every cell. "I'm never alone." she reminded him as flashes went off behind her to her left and right, angling away from her leaving her the point of a Delta with nearly two dozen identical Lillys on her left, matched by the same number to her right. 

"But you know what's the biggest difference between us? You know, aside from you being some wannabe, poseur godling who has to sucker punch a teenage girl?" Lilly teased.

"You think of just yourself." she stated as she as the other Vanguards took off. 

The other Vanguards all knew what to do, each of them having her own thoughts on the matter at the moment they were created. They spread out, but instead of surrounding Apollo, they exited the building, some forming a perimeter to keep people bystandards away and lookout for possible accidents from the oncoming fight while the rest began racing through the school, clearing it of students and faculty. Possible, or even probable, simulation or not, Lilly could not change who she was or stop being herself. She was a protector, and thought of others before herself, and nothing would change that.

"Yeah, you listened to Pandora, but that's probably just because she made you her bitch." Lilly mused as she began casually walking toward Apollo, trying to draw things out to give the Vanguard more time to clear the area as well as piss off Apollo more to get him off of his game, even if was going to hurt.

"I would say 'you hit like a girl', but considering what I can do, it would be a compliment." Lilly quipped, prodding him further.

Spoiler

Activating multitasking for the scene.
Activating Clone and spending 2 quantum for her "Extra Clones" extra for a total of [(6 Q + 2 Clone) x2 Mastery] + [(6 Q x2) x2 quantum spent] = 40 Clones

The transition from an exceptional woman into an impossible one was seamless, no sensation of physical change, simply her sense of self expanding infinitely. Any lingering disorientation faded away like morning fog. Sean could remember with searing clarity every instance and facet of the lives she had lived - whether though being locked into a manufactured simulation or forced access to other possible versions of her self, if you hued to multiverse concept of reality.

Through them all, there had been one constant. A constant she had thought lost, or at least beyond her reach. And now that constant was back. Sean wasn't particularly relieved to be empowered once more, it simply was what she was now, perhaps what she was meant to be, even as she was partly removed from the rest of humanity now. But she would have traded it all to have Sara back.

Sean smiled down at Sara, caressed her hand on her cheek, gave it a small squeeze, then kissed her knuckles. "I have something that I'd thought lost to fight for now."

Sara at her side, Sean followed the others through the door. If she was surprised at finding the Irregulars on a field of ice hanging alone amidst the stars, facing an incensed Titan, she gave no sign of it, her exquisite face calm and cool, taking everything in in a single casual glance. With a controlled exhalation, Sean extended her awareness of the cosmos, senses attuned to the quantum field.

On 12/22/2018 at 10:52 AM, Lilly "Vanguard" Pryor said:

< Guys? Guys? Anybody there? >

<'Here' might be relative term at the moment, but we're here, Lilly,> Sean replied, and in the crystal clear, silken mental tone, Vanguard knew it was Savant instead of merely Sean. <We have a pissed Pandora to deal with. Are you okay?>

<Fine, fine!> Lilly answered in rising tension and excitement, and in the mental echoes of her thought, Sean could hear that Lilly had formed her clone-sisters. Many, many clone-sisters. <I'm back at Shelly High. Or a copy of it. Gotta put down Bitch-ass Apollo.>

<Whoever puts down their mob first helps the other,> Sean said, not hint of doubt that they would succeed, or that they'd be able to find each other again, despite where they might stand in relation to each other. <Careful if you make it here, a step off the ice will be a long one.>

Jeane was already diving forward to recover Devin and Abel was putting up his personal and public force fields as he lit up his pair of azure plasma-swords. Sean was not the hardest hitter among the Irregulars, but she could figure how best to apply that force. Unlike just about every Superhero movie, she didn't think defeating Pandora would just devolve down to a slugfest with the big bad. With an entity as long lived as Pandora claimed to be, there had to be something else to end her existence, or at least end the threat she posed.

Sean strode forward with dangerous, inhuman grace, her integrated boots growing short cleats for extra tractions, the field of battle slowing down in her regard as mental processes accelerated to near incalculable levels, giving her so much more time to consider and act. She activated her own plasma-sword, the blade slightly longer than Abel's pair, glowing like the most vivid dusk. In her other hand, she held her heavy Havoc pistol - it would have looked quaint in regards to what they were facing and where they stood, if Sean didn't handle it with such assurance and capability. She knew at best it would be a minor irritant, that was all it was meant to be in this situation.

<Start hitting the immortal cunt with what you've got,> Sean send to her companions, <so we can find out how she responds and I can figure out what will actually stick to end her rampage.>

With each step Sean took, her presence seemed to grow more formidable, her ineffable beauty more searing and eye-catching. The glossy curves of her black PAM suit reflected the light of distant stars and galactic phenomena. Long hair that held all the colours of dawn and dusk lifted and flowed as though touched by a stellar wind.

"We stand on the age of forever, Pandora," Sean declared, her rich, melodious voice seeming to resonate with the pulse of the universe itself, reaching well beyond the bounds of their glacial field of battle. "And yet, with all the options available to you by eternity and experience, you have reduced your options to but this."

Sean encircled the battlefield with a gesture of her incandescent plasma-blade, her tone holding strong currents of pity, disgust, regret. Her fathomless turquoise eyes didn't leave Pandora's. Pandora towered over them all, wreathed in the power of her aroused fury, yet in her cool, calm defiance, Sean seemed to stand on an equal footing.

Sean focused her cosmic awareness as singularly as she ever had on the terrible being before her and tuned her sense for personal danger to glean what she could of Pandora's likely manner of response and attack. Through her mask of resolve and defiance, she scrutinized every aspect of Pandora's quantum field, looking for a weakness, a crack, a seam to exploit that will end Pandora in truth.

"We never wanted to be your enemy, Pandora. But you fear our potential, you who have never experienced potential having been... accreted into existence being all that you are. Never realizing growth, becoming greater than you are, better than you are. In studying us, working with us instead of only seeing a threat to your unchallenged dominion, you could have felt that, learned from us as we learned from you."

Sean sighed, the gorgeous, compelling sound hold hints of melancholy, wistfulness, resignation, and determination.

"Alas, all you'll learn in this moment, is that all things end. Hopefully, what begins after will be better for us all."

Spoiler

-Activating Cognitive Overclocking [1qp] and Multitasking for the scene [3qp]

-Activating Cosmic Awareness and Female Intuition (generally always active, but focused on the this specific situation), Quantum Attunement [1qp]

-Analyze Weakness [1qp] (I know Analyze Weakness doesn't strictly work this way, but she's looking for some weakness in Pandora's quantum field/quantum integrity, assuming a pure physical beat down won't be sufficient to end Pandora.) and Hypercognition [1qp] to consider all she can see and decipher with her other perceptive abilities even faster.

Analzye Weakness Int Roll; Mega Int Roll: 6d10t7 2 6d10t7 6 = 8 successes total.

-Activating Obscurement for the scene [3qp], and using Natural Performer, Seductive, The Voice, Persuader [1qp], and Awe-Inspiring [1qp], to make her words and presence even more impressive, even if some aren't effective on empowered... things or are directly applicable to the situation.

-Calculating the Odds pool: Luck Pool: 5d10t7 2 = 4 Successes

-Extra actions reserved for Defensive actions and Movement.

-Also, if you need any other rolls, Nina, just PM me or hit me up in chat.

Apollo tensed prepared for the onslaught of dozens of Lily's only to be surprised when all but the original darted off to save the students and faculty.

“So you don't even think this is real, but still you care so much for these humans that you will limit yourself when facing me , how pathetic.”

With a leap Apollo was inside the school building facing Lilly his fist flying raining blow after blow at the girl. Lilly used all her skill to fend off the barrage of attacks and was about to give some back...

Spoiler

None of his blows connected so lilly is unhurt

Pandora let the insects move. This had gone on long enough, time and space meant nothing to such as her, each action by the insignificant Irregulars was monitored by a separate point of her vast intellect. To the perceptions of the heroes it was as if Pandora became multiple versions of herself each stepping out of her form then back superimposing themselves upon her.

Six great spider-like arms burst from her/it's back, each a dozen yards long and tipped with a metallic razor sharp scythe-like blade. Three of them struck at the flying, spinning Jeane and her fragile cargo, but Abel, using his powerful and precise Telekinesis had caught them to keep them from sailing off the platform and now as he pulled them back he weaved and dodged the attacks of Pandora.

The other three legs struck at the still prone Kia or rather not at her but at the ice around her. The blades slid into the ice as if it were cotton and the three arms defying physics twisted and sliced a circle around the still stunned girl, and as the arms withdrew the circle of ice upon which Kia lay fell through the ice into space.

At the same time Pandora (or some form of her, for she could plainly be seen standing where she had been never once moving) flew at Sean only to be intercepted by Sara who burst into searing blue flame and rained blast after blast at that which was attacking her Sean.

“I am the thing which has spawned the nightmares of your race, “ her voice reverberates through the vacuum of reality each of the irregulars feels it in their bones their souls, “This universe is ours this galaxy and all in it mine. You are nothing and how can nothing hope to prevail against everything!”

Spoiler

Jeane you are safe where ever it is that you wanted Abel to put you down at. Kia you must make a Dodge roll as your defense or fall into the hole, Sean make a strategy roll keep track of your success it is a multi round task.

Abel discarded his initial railgun idea, she'd never let him get that much setup time, and there was going to be far too much going on.   Sean The teleportation abilities hurt her because it cut her off from the other dimensions..  Do you think if we used a boosted dimensional lock we could cut her off from them, or force all of her here, and take her down that way? he sent via guildchat

In the meantime, he dove in slashing at one of the arms that met him, but the move was a feint, as his real attack had been to grab the spear Jeane had left and then accelerate it at Pandora with all his telekinetic might.  He was already moving away dancing back from her at inhuman speed, mindful of the effects of his followup.    The accelerated spear was a veritable streak of light as the  air ionized behind it and there was a great crack of thunder as it shattered the sound barrier.

Abel is taking 2 additional actions,  thanks to neural acceleration he may take a total of 6 actions this round.   He moves in for his first action, his slash is at -1, his tk attack at -2, moves away along a different sight-line to keep attention on him, and he is holding the remaining 2 actions, which are at -2 each

Slash attack  11 successes
 Telekinesis attack 10 successes  

Defense 1 15 successes
Defense 2 11 successes

Jeane's world was a kaleidoscope of flashing blades, alien stars, and whirring ice as she was taken in the invisible hand of Abel's TK. She had many gifts and skills but few of them helped particularly much if she couldn't push off against something, and she couldn't take Devin with her even if she wanted to risk teleporting. She bit her lip and pulled him closer, counting heartbeats until they were deposited back on the ice behind Abel's shimmering forcefield.

The thunder of her spear breaching the sound barrier was mostly background noise as she shifted Devin over her shoulders. Good. He was breathing even if he looked like he was bruised all over and bleeding all over her pam suit. Still, what was that quote about being mostly dead meaning he was partially alive..? Some old movie her Dad used to make them watch. Whatever. Her rescue, her responsibility, so she had to keep Devin that way.

The tall blonde focused on making a solution to her mobility issue, reshaping the soles of her pam suit bodyglove into a pair of ice skates. The subtle upward shift of perspective as the morphic fabric complied brought a smile to her face. Still got it. She took off with a sharp shh-shh-shh of those blades, blue eyes alert for the threat of those flashing limbs and her fellow teleporter secured over her shoulders.

Spoiler

Splitting actions three ways.

Action One: Style Rolling up some ice skates with a willpower burned  4D10E7 => 3 So 4 Successes.

Actions Two and Three reserved for Potential Dodges. Diepools of 4 Mega + 8 Normal and 4 Mega + 7 Normal  respectively with a penalty of -3 on any success Pandora scores due to Jeane's 

Ultralight Musculoskeletal System.

Full HLs. 6/10 Willpower. 22/26 QP. 

"The thing with nightmares is when you wake up, they fade away," Sean countered, her captivating voice flowing with the rhythm of reality instead of reverberating against it. She continued her sensuous, dangerous glide forward, not flinching or slowing in the least when an aspect of Pandora flew at her, having full confidence Sara would take care of it. "And we, Pandora, are waking up. From nothing, we can be... anything!"

Though it seemed she moved barely faster than a normal human, her superlative grace was deceptive, her every movement in harmony with the superhuman alacrity of her mental processes. With subtle, fluid shifts, Sean flowed around Pandora's terrible, infuriated attacks, the plasma-sword in her hand like a shard of the sun flicking out to slash at her when she got close. Seeming almost independent, her other hand fire her Havoc pistol, quick, blurring, not so much meant to injure but to deflect or disrupt attacks on Sara and the rest of her friends.

All the while, the major part of her attention was on Pandora and the battle itself, studying the ebb and flow energies and manipulation of reality itself between Pandora and her friends, analyzing Pandora's reactions and means of attack.

On 12/30/2018 at 5:07 PM, Abel Cross said:

The teleportation abilities hurt her because it cut her off from the other dimensions..  Do you think if we used a boosted dimensional lock we could cut her off from them, or force all of her here, and take her down that way?

<Possibly. It might be the only way to make sure that when we defeat her - here - she stays defeated,> Sean replied, her mental voice as cool and calm as her apparent demeanor in the face of the outraged Titan. <I'm adding that and the feasibility and capability of us being able to accomplish it into my analysis. When we end her, it's not just for now, but forever.>

Spoiler

Action #1 - Tactics/Assessment Roll - Tactics Roll - Mega-Int 6 first: 16d10t7 7 - Applying Luck Pool = 11 successes
Action #2 - Splitting action, making 3 attacks with Plasma-sword (-1, -2, -2), if Pandora sends any part of herself close enough to attack.
3 Attacks - Mega-Dex 6 first: 18d10t7 23 17d10t7 10 17d10t7 8
Action #3 - Splitting Action, making 3 attacks with Havoc Pistol (-1, -2, -2), at anything manifested attacking Sara
3 Attacks - Mega-Dex 6 first: 18d10t7 12 17d10t7 10 17d10t7 7
Action #4 - Splitting Action, making 3 attacks with Havoc Pistol (-1, -2, -2), at anything manifested attacking anyone else
3 Attacks - Mega-Dex 6 first: 18d10t7 6 17d10t7 6 17d10t7 10
Actions #5 & #6 - Reserved to move out of the way of area attacks
Action #7 - Dodge - 15 successes
Action #8 - Dodge - 15 successes
Action #9 - Dodge - 8 successes
Action #10 - Splitting Action, making 3 Dodges (-1, -2, -2) - 7 successes, 15 successes, 6 successes

With active Enhancements (Situational Awareness and Obscurement), there is a +3 difficulty to attack Sean, and Attacks suffer -5 dice to Attack Sean. Also activating Blind-Fighting and Ultraperipheral Perception.

Kia yelped in sudden panic as the attack sends her sailing through the void! In midair her shape suddenly twists and bloats, expanding out into a vaguely draconic thing; a long serpentine body with a fanged maw at the front, with a pair of membrane wings at the neck and tail that beat in steady rhythm and a centipede's array of legs capped with hooked claws. The whole of the creature covered with thick plated shell-like armor.

With a thrash of her long body and frantic flapping, she managed to gain control of her hurtling motion and spare herself a trip down the hole to whatever lay beneath!

(OOC note - Unless 5 successes on Dodge is not sufficient, in which case I will revise this :) . Action for the turn is shapeshift.)

Dodge 5 successes

Dodge (1st dice mega): 9d10 48

Shapeshift 14 successes (doubled from mastery)
Dodge (1st dice mega): 9d10 48

Growth 5 successes
Armor 5 successes
Flight 4 successes

The bolts from Sara did little to harm the being they knew as Pandora but it did momentarily distract her from rending Sean from this reality. Then with the sudden transformation and resurgence of Kia as a monolithic dragon the distraction was complete. Pandora spun away from Abel's feint and almost casually swatted the spear out of the sky with one of it's obsidian tipped spider appendages, but it's full attention was on the dragon.

The remaining bladed arms struck at Kia as twin beams of ruby lasers shot from her malevolent eyes and her mouth opened widening into a huge maw from which radioactive fire spewed at the Dragon-shaped Kia.

Spoiler

I need kia's lethal soak

Jeane barely had enough time to start cursing the dismissive ease with which Pandora negated her small contribution to this battle when the raging titan went full offense on Kia, someone who *did* possess the tools needed to hurt her. Or at least more likely have them anyway. And she did owe Kia a little for being a grumpy, meathead bitch.

"Heh," she breathed in wry amusement at that understatement before crouching and letting quantum boosted muscles drive her upward at a solid percentage of the speed of sound, letting Devin fall to the ice as she did so. Her target was a point between dragonoid Kia and the leftmost beam of death. A ghastly smile lit up her face as she blurred near the burning light, washing everything red. If she could divert even some of the damage long enough for the others to get in the killing blow... It would be worth it. They had Devin back anyway, so it would be fine if she went the way of her namesake. 

Spoiler

Attempted intercept via Quantum Leap

Athletics roll. Spending a willpower for a success... Mega Dice 4D10E7 => 3 | ones: 1 Normal Dice 13D10E7 => 9 | 10s: 1 Huh. So 16 success with a -3 penalty on the target number from her Ultralight Musculoskeletal System Body Mod.

Willpower 6/10 Quantum 21/26 HLs 50/50 Lethal Soak 13

Kia had time to roar before the energy of Pandora's attack struck her dead on. The blades clanged uselessly against Kia's armored hide. The laser beams annihilated her on contact, burning through scale and flesh and bone, slicing the dragon unevenly wherever it tracked across the serpentine body. Kia peeled away, sliced in a long wavy line until it finally cleaved through the other side of her, letting the two 'halves' fall apart.

...and then ropes of flesh flung out from the two 'stumps,' of her, grasping each other in midair as they fell. More and more, thicker and thicker, they quickly sealed the two halves together again. Still regenerating, the Dragon Kia roared as she pulled out of the uncontrolled dive and arrowed straight at Pandora!

Though her claws missed, the tendrils extending from the end of her tail, almost like the bristles of a lion's tail but fleshier, managed to drag over Pandora as she flew past. The casual touch was enough. Kia was ready for it, and immediately concentrated on her senses...attempting to 'feel' the quantum echo of Pandora's powers in her own body.

(Used Cellular Persistence to 'dodge' all but 1 HL of the attack, using Quantum Imprint on a touch attack to attempt to duplicate powers!)

With preternatural awareness Sean observed... everything.

She saw the monstrous dragon Kia had become pull herself back together, organic detritus falling from her still writhing and twithing. She watched Pandora deflect Abel and Jeane's hyper-accelerated spear with a casual flick of a stabbing appendage. She witnessed how Sara's blasts of raw energy did little damage to Pandora, serving as little more than distractions. Her eyes narrowed slightly. Perhaps those blasts were doing more than little.

The impossibly beautiful woman spun lithely just out of the way of coruscating attacks that could obliterate her out of existence, her expression cool and hard in the face of certain death. She fired her pistol at darting and rending appendages, the hypervelocity rounds seeming so banal and pathetic on the other worldly battlefield.

There was something anomalous to the way Pandora reacted - on the quantum level - to their attacks.  Pandora was taking little in the way of effective damage, but that didn't mean she wasn't being affected. She was just being affected in a different way. The entities like Pandora were multidimensional beings. This manifestation was her, but not all of her.

Sean was about to tell Abel to coalesce the dimensional anchors to try and lock Pandora in place when her eyes widened, suddenly seeing the situation in a new light. This was just manifestation, not Pandora's true essence, that essence was elsewhere. The dimensional anchors might cut off the manifestation from Pandora, or cause it to disperse entirely, but it wouldn't affect Pandora herself- or more accurately, itself.

<Abel, don't form the dimensional anchors!> Sean projected to the Irregulars as she dashed around the field of ice, somersaulting a death beam as she slashed at a piercing talon with her sun-like plasma-sword. <Think of this as epic-level D&D. This is an Avatar of a God, not the God itself! To kill a god dead, you have to do it on its own realm on the Outer Planes.>

<What?!> Jeane mentally shouted in response to the nerdy terminology.

<To really get Pandora, we have to Ant-man this shit!> Sean replied <We have to go the quantum level of reality directly to face the core being of Pandora. And you are going to get us there, Jeane. With Kia's help. We're going to the Quantum Realm!>

Sean might not have been able to bend and break reality as easily as most of her friends, but few could perceive it as deeply and expansively as she could, or see it in so many distinct spectra. Jeane could get them to the Pandora-Core, and Sean could interpret what Kia experienced trying to emulate Pandora's quantum field, to determine the precise resonance or frequency so that Jeane could get them to the right place.

<Kia, show me what you got,> Sean commanded, anticipating what Kia had really been trying to accomplish by dragging her tail across the Pandora-Avatar. She studied the assaulting plethora of information Kia projected to her from a different point of view in a fraction of a nanosecond, then sent the key piece of information - dimensional coordinates in effect - to Jeane. <This is it, Jeane. You want to end this bitch, get us there!>

Still recovering her mental balance after getting hit with something *less painful* than one of Abel or Kia's punches, Jeane slid to a halt on the ice, reflexes having saved her from slamming face first into it. Nerd speak aside, it was seriously odd she had gotten away with her stunt with nothing worse than maaaybe a light tan. Still if Sean expected her to take the team to this quantum realm, terrifying as that sounded, there was one small problem.

<Ahhh, Sean..? Actually, I can't...>

Couldn't take anything more than a few pounds with her when she jumped. Or felt safe jumping blind. Or have the juice in her node to pull off a stunt like that. That third train of thought made her pause. Maybe..? She forced herself to nod, adjusting her red-tipped scarf with one hand and sucked in a breath.

<I have a stupid idea. Get close, keep her from killing me, and I MaY HavE a WAy tO GET us aLL tHERe.>

The tall blonde's mental voice fractured with poorly repressed nervousness and distraction as she pushed her node faster and harder than it wanted it go, just another muscle like Lilly had told her what felt so long ago, just like Abel and Kia had shown her how to do once with the dire promise to never do it, only do it when it really counted. The crimson sparks of one of her signature flashy teleports began to dance and flare over all over her skin, costume, and hair, growing more intense of as she started to crumble from the inside outward. Arcs of darkening lightning screamed and spun around her in an ever growing dome of rippling, purple distortion that engulfed everything in a 25 meter radius of the youngest Irregular. She burned like a shadow puppet in it's center, two white lights for her eyes and her node a red evening star just behind them vomiting bolts of barely constrained quantum. 

It hurt. Why was the field so big..? Her node didn't want her to do this and was driving nails into the rest of her brain to remind her of that fact over and over and over. Still, among the struggles to keep her balance atop the quantum fire, she mustered a spare thought for the link. <Devin. Bring. Please?>

Spoiler

Maxing for a teleport next turn. minus one WP and three quantum points.

Abel moved within her range and set about his own task.   He'd have to be ready the instant they appeared in the quantum realm, Simply because Pandora would be at her strongest there, and if he couldn't cut her off from everywhere else it would be for nothing.  using his tk to grab Devin to bring him along, he prepared to defend them both, hunkered behind his shield, as his own eyes blazed with blue light, as he began preparations to create dimensional locks powerful enough to isolate a God, and bring her down to their level.  For that he also took from Kia, seeing the actual quantum signature of their foe in a way that made sense, So he could attune the locks to only effect her.

splitting actions 1 for tk, 2 defenses and power max matter creation   7 quantum 1wp used   3 successes rolled

The red and purple sheet of flaming lightning spread across the ice landing where they fought. Jeane screamed with the effort as the energy engulfed everyone one the Ice including Pandora. The scream of the young girl grew into a piercing wail as the energy twisted and writhed in and about itself  seeming to consume each of the Irregulars and their solitary

It was unlike anything any of them had ever experienced, witnessed, or even imagined. The fire invaded them cell by cell and they dissolved into that fire becoming one with all of creation for a split instant of time.

The universe was noting a point of mass then it was expanding, they were expanding the reality they witnessed became and they were transported to the origin.

It was light and dark at once the sound was everywhere and silent. Each Irregular stood upon a disc of force which responded to their mental commands for movement. There was no up or down, there was everywhere. the young heroes were scattered in a  circle so far apart they could barely see each other yet they were each within touching distance of one another.  The horizon was galactic, the near was all the universe and in the center an Amorphous mass of many colored light.

This was Pandora.

Spoiler

Jeane's knees nearly buckled as she reassembled from nothing back into something, the beginings of a migraine behind her eyes and the urge to heave up the non-existent contents of her stomach dancing through her gut. And that was before she tried to make sense of what she was seeing and gave up before she gave the migraine even more ammo to play with.

Shit. Okay. hopefully this was the place, and she didn't just land them in the hellverse next door to the hellverse she was aiming for...

First things first. Weapon. Abel could chuck it at the cloud, and if that hurt, she'd have four, five, shots to help contribute to the battle... Yeah. That made sense.

The tall blonde dove into her mental armory, unaware of the quantum realm imprinting the floating shadows of her rejected implements in split-second flashes, diving deeper and deeper for something worthy of her opening shot by proxy in this battle. Her powers were smarter than her, smarter than any one person maybe, but she had done her self-assigned homework, digging up famous names of famous weapons and the pictures of what they might have looked like. She had found a half-dozen different Excaliburs by now, Muramasa and Masamune, Zulfiqar, the frankly silly Norimitsu odachi, but spinning past all these and more... She knew what she wanted as soon as she saw it, and grabbed it, a crude sketch traced in glorious 3-d by her power.

She snapped back to awareness in her body less than a heartbeat after she left it, deadly ghosts vanishing from around her even as lightning crackled into her hand from her node into the form of an ornate, transluscent spear. She held the weapon loosely in one hand, ready to let go in a heartbeat if Abel tugged at it, planting her feet, even as she mentally prepared to dodge.

"Someone's idea of Rhongomyniad, the spear of King Arthur, literally slayer spear if you translate the name, Pandora," she offered conversationally at the cloud, running her freehand along the sparking length of the weapon, "Just to start me off. Buuuuut... Ya know, far as I know, you haven't done me and mine any permanent harm that Sara can't fix, and you and your brothers are pillars of the universe, and I'm sure something will go 'clunk' if we kill you, no matter what Sara claims about your evilness. How about you go your way for twenty years, we go ours, and pick up this conversation when everyone isn't feeling fried?My head is full of shit memories right now, and judging by how little that laser of yours actually hurt me, you're not 100% either. I'm sure you can find some nice tropical planet in the dimension next door to get a tan in. Give us Lily back, and you have my word I won't try and look for ya before time's up. Deal?"

She grinned, all brash youth and optimistic heroism in red-and-white fabric, scarf knotted around her neck and trailing behind her like a cloak. Every bully got one warning from Jeane 'Traceuse' Hebert before she escalated. This was Pandora's.

Spoiler

Three way action split.

Action one. Summon Quantum Weapon.

Actions two and three: potential dodge rolls if needed. 7 dice plus 4 mega and 6 dice plus 4 mega respectively with -3 successes from Pandora's to hit total due to body mods.

49/50 HLs. 6/10 Willpowers. 12/26 QP Soak 13L/16B soak

Abel's mind was focused on the task at hand, even as he took in the reality of Pandora.  

All the designs he'd made and refined to near perfection the quantum overflowing from his fingertips as he brought forth the Dimensional lock from his own mind.  There'd be no escape for her, and finally, they could end this so they could prepare for the other Titans, if they were even real.   

Motes of quantum became light, as the lock took shape in his hands, and then light became hard matter, all the components coming into being just as his mind willed it. The quantum dimensional matrix at the center radiated blue light,  It was more intricate than the others he'd made, for it was meant to contain something more.  This lock was targeted just for Pandora, to force all of her into one plane, to make her mortal, and give them a chance.   

As he felt the cool metal grips in his hands, he pushed them closed together, activating the device, and Doing all he could do to seal the Evil titan with them.

Channeling my inner nerd, and Abel's, so yeah it's exactly what you think it is

375px-Matrix.jpg

The Pandora entity exuded mirth, the Irregulars could feel the laughter in their minds “Nothing you know is what is truth child-god” The entity was focused on Jeane, the light of it's essence bulging out in her direction the rest of the Irregulars could feel that focus shift from them as Jean occupied the dimensions of Pandora. Abel, unnoticed concentrated on his creation, Sara burst into white hot flame and soared into the sky burning brighter ever tick of the sub-atomic clock.

“Behold this truth!”

In their minds the saw Sara zooming through the sky only to be knocked from it by an energy field and as she plummeted toward the ocean below the Light of Pandora engulfed her and then there were two Sara's and one engulfed in the multi-colored light was whisked away while the other continued to fall.

Images of Sara followed each showing how the Pandora/Sara manipulated and twisted things eventually culminating in your capture at the battle of the Great Bear where all of you with the help of an unknown Key who could dampen powers, were folded into a dream world of Pandora's making with the essences of the Irregulars trapped. How your release came about when the other Key's power began to fail from the strain of holding the Irregulas and the mental construct that Pandora had created scrambled to correct the errors that were cascading into the fantasy prison, resulting in your release which led to this confrontation with the real Pandora!

And your annihilation!

The Pandora essence expanded, prepared to engulf Jeane to rend her sub-atomic particle from sub-atomic particle when Abel activated his creation.

Pandora spun to face him surprise and shock radiating as the energy sprung from the device and threw bands of intangible force across the glowing thing pulling her into a condensed ball cutting her off from every other plane, every other dimension, Locking her into the prison of herself. Her mental wail of anguish reverberated across their minds. Then Sara unleashed her own vengeance as beams of Quantum energy poured from her brighter than the sun drilling into the entity of Pandora.

“Hit it with every thing you have!” yelled Sara

Holy fuck. Jeane had a moment of doubt as the amoeba-like blob of glittering Pandora expanded in her direction, a primal animal reaction of terror that she only beat down when Abel's distraction proved very impairing to the would-be goddess. Gibbering waves of fear were replaced with vindication and a trace of pitying smugness, the blonde cocking her head to one side and chuckling, tapping her lance against her shoulder to a crackle of sparks.

"And that's why you always run with a Crew, Pandora. Never know when someone is going hit you in the knee with a two by four," she mocked, grin widening as she considered the 'revelation' of Pandora's self-insertion into their lives, barking in laughter once, "And I'm calling bullshit on your story. Abel can probably make me think he made us all from hamsters without breaking a sweat. Sean can, and did, make me vote to make Keys extinct. You? You just packed my head with a few dozen mes who all consider you a childish bitch. I *am* a child; what's your excuse?"

Nothing she had in her toolbox could effectively hurt Pandora. Probably. Well. It was worth a try once. To Keep Pandora's attention on her at least.

She exploded into motion with a trilling of further laughter, shifting to a two-handed grip on the weapon. Get in. Stab the bitch. Get out and be ready to let go of King Arthur's lance if Abel wanted it.

Spoiler

Splitting my action three ways assuming I'm in move action range of Pandora Blob.

Free action move close enough to stab.

1st action. Stab. Normal Dice 9D10E7 => 2 Mega Dice 4D10E7 => 0 Two successes to hit. Nine lethal damage with armor piercing if that hits.

2nd action. Move away from Pandora.

3rd action saved to make an intercept attempt if Pandora targets anyone else. 4 mega plus 7 normal dice pool with a difficulty of -3 should it come up.

Abel once again danced into close range with Pandora, energy sword ready to deflect anything that came his way, already planning to accelerate the weapon Jeane left for him previously, hoping a second round would have better effect.  Still if it didn't he had another trick.  

With one blade he defended himself, the other he shifted out of material phase, and shoved his shield wrapped fist within pandora, and then released the lit energy sword, causing it to re-enter  reality lit and within her body, even as he dashed back out from close range, knowing the shockwave from his TK railgun should be damn impressive.

it was a brutal attack and impossibly fatal to pretty much anything else.  While he didn't expect it to kill her, he did expect this attack to not be so painless as before.  Even as he cleared the way, along with Jeane, The streak of light that was the telekineticlly accellerated energy spear left a burning crimson streak seared into the image of the quantum realm as the projectile continued to accellerate towards the trapped titan.

splitting actions 3 times
move, phase in saber and release, move out, TK  railgun,  2 defeneses
tk attack 18 success
defense 1 12 success
defense 2 11 success

• Nina locked this topic
  • Nina unpinned this topic

Archived