STARFINDER GM

IC STARFINDER: HFH - EPISODE 03- DIAMONDS AND RUST

The elven apparition narrows its eyes at echo and the steady thrum of the engine dies abruptly. "Your's? You are here on my sufferance which is at an end. Farewell 'mechanical'.  Solanya placed great emphasis and a goodly amount of derision on her last word. Then faded from existence.

The ship drifted

Spoiler

all engines have ceased operation and main power production is off line. computer queries are met with error messages. the ship is adrift and at the mercy of space. get with me if questions

Clevus was intimidated no doubt about that, but he had no real answer for the hulking Vesk.

"It's an alien ship... your android pissed her off. What do you want me to say? I told I know where you can find answers that implies that I don't know those answers." Says the cat man throwing up his hand in consternation.

Sunshine, to her credit, processed all of this - magic ship with magic elf AI - relatively quickly, though this might have been motivated by the fact that they were dead in the suck and getting the ship moving was a priority.

So she tried a different tack - she tried speaking to it herself. "Hey there, Solyana. Sorry about my co-worker. It's me. You remember me, don't you? The little mouse who's been flying you for a while? You have sleek moves. You're one hell of a ship. Thanks for all the times you came through for us, and sorry I didn't know that I could speak to you before." She thought, and amended. "And that you'd speak back."

Sunshine jumped when the voice spoke again this time beside her

"Of course I know you Sunshine, after all we have been companions for sometime and I am quite fond of you." The tall translucent elf was standing beside her. Sunshine looked around and could not see where the hologram was originating from.

"I'm fond of you too, the ship i mean uh..."

Sunshine looks a little startled, but quickly composes herself. "It's a relief to find out I wasn't just talking to myself. Ah, sorry about that time I cussed when the stick slipped out of my hands. Heat of the moment."

Sunshine continued to be friendly and conversational with the Solyana, thinking less and less about the need to get the ship going, and more and more about how fascinated she was by the living ship, and how much she wanted to get to know them.

Jexa sat back, calmly listening to the back and forth. Almost right away a single word stood out to her. Her curiosity peaked, she made a small gesture and a translucent blue ribber of energy extended in front of her eyes. She casually looked around the room, letting the HUD of the visor highlight objects before slipping from her seat and out of the room. She began to walk the halls of the ship, passing through common areas, hallways and maintenance corridors alike, always looking around as she listened in to the conversation through her comms, finally returning to mess and taking her seat again..

"Joy." she muttered and reached into her pocket, pulling out a small stone which she held at about head level and let go, allowing it to float and slowly circle her head, just in case the ship decided to open the airlocks. It was bad enough that they knew so little about the ship, but now to discover it was sentient and apparently a bit sensitive? There were enough egos to deal with on the ship already, without the ship having its own.

Jexa sighed and shook her head.

"So how did you come to know so much about the ship?" she finally asked the felinoid as she rocked back in her chair.