IC STARFINDER: HFH - EPISODE 03- DIAMONDS AND RUST

The Great Hamisfore Theatorium, renowned throughout the Pact Worlds, the premiere venue for performers of all sorts on Starhome Station. It has hosted everything from zero-g dance troupes and laser-lit euphonics raves to the screaming theritars of the latest eyebite rock, while its stadium form fills with cheers for the local brutaris team, the Starhome Stellers, or for the best warriors in carefully regulated gladiatorial exhibitions and private security talent searches.

Tonight Evana, performed, dressed in her sexiest outfit pulling out her greatest hits, giving it her all for the three other gentle-beings, her bodyguard, the bartender, and the single waitress in the Club Sinistre, locate across the street and two blocks downspin of the Theatorium which was currently hosting an Interplanetary Slingbadroon Tournament. As the song ended and Evana held the note to the bitter end like the professional she was, she stared out across the empty club wondering how the frglaking clerb did she end up here.

The Heroes had been back on Starhome for a quarter orbit and what few jobs they had gotten had barley kept the ships fees from consuming them so much so that the crew had taken several singular side jobs befitting their individual talents. Eavana and Gorunta returned to the club scene but the competition was killer. Yseult had returned to her home world. Jexa had opened a shop doing mage work and selling technomagic trinkets. Echo and Sunshine both went to work for companies on the station, Echo as a mechanic and Sunshine as a system taxi driver. Jordayn had taken a set of inexpensive rooms that he used for...whatever it was he did. And none of them were getting rich. So a meeting had been called to discuss their future a meeting about to take place.

The set ended and Evana checked the time and sure as the sun could be seen outside the dome into the club walked Echo and Sunshine. They saw Gorunta nd made their way to him where he showed them to a table. By that time Jordayn had come in as well a blissful look on his face. His friends waved him over. Evana ducked back to her changing room and freshened up before joining her associates.

By the time she had come to the table where they were seated Jexa had also arrived. Some greetings and pleasantries were exchanged, drinks and appetizers ordered and everyone was seated.

The drinks arrived and sips were taken then Jordayn set his glass down and faced the beautiful songstress. “Alright Evana, why are we all here do you have a job for us?”

Everyone leans in closer while Evana's eyes widen then narrow.”Why are you asking me? I didn't call you guys. I thought you did.” She said looking at Sunshine.

Sunshine's head popped up and she furtive chewed and swallowed the mouthful of appetizer she had just scarfed down. She shook her head, “No I didn't call anyone I thought Jexa did?”

“Me? No it wasn't me I got a call from Jordayn, he said Echo had called him.”

Jordayn nodded

“Well yeah I called Jordayn after I got the text from Gorunta” Echo slapped a hand on the Vesk's, who she was sitting beside, shoulder.

Gorunta slid his eyes sideways at the touch and simply raised his huge taloned finger pointing it at Evana

“Evana closed her eyes then opened them while sighing with exasperation “Yes I told you but only after I...”

“Pardon me,” a tall middle aged man, well dressed in a custom suit of the most popular cut of the day with an small pin of the Abadar Symbol in his lapel, said. “It was I who called this meeting. My name is Herschwin, and I am an Executar of Abadar. I've come to discuss some...business we have with all of you.”

His approach had gone unnoticed and now they could see that he was accompanied by two other beings dressed as Abadar Interns.

“If you don't mind” he said while sitting down “Its about the Starship Solanya.”

Spoiler

An Executar is a Priest about the level of a bishop.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Theres honestly only two things to discuss, Mr. Herschwin, one: she's ours and two: we're for hire if you need a ship and a crew."  Evana's tude was cranked to eleven after doing an empty venue she was 'promised' would be packed.

She downed a shot and shook it off.  "So, which of those interests you?"

One of the interns standing behind Herschwin leaned forward and said with a quiet voice, "Pleas address his Excellency as either Executor Herschwin or Your Excellency..."

Herschwin held up a hand instantly stopping the intern in mid sentence."Quite alright Yottle, Mister is fine, after all this is a secular matter not one of the spirit.

To answer your question Evana, I am here about both." He held out his rigth hand and the other intern placed a flimsy in it which he then laid on the table, flicked it's corners causing it to grow in size until it filled most of the empty space . He then flipped it so that the Heroes could read it.

"This is the then prince's lease agreement for the Solanya. As you can see in section 3 part 3 subsection 4 A, 4B, and 4Bii, while the then prince had an option to purchase once the lease was over he did not in fact have the legal power to transfer said lease and his so doing nullified the lease contract. So actually the ship is the property of AbadarCorp.

But you are in luck. You and your associates are not in actually violation of the Law since Sunshine," he gestures toward the small Ysoki sucking her drink through a straw, "Is the registered pilot of the vessel and is still working her penance and thus technically an AbadarCorp associate."

Spoiler

The flimsy (electronic paper) is in legalese but looks proper and seems to say what he says it does. if you wish to make a knowledge roll you may do so DC16

Echo, face somehow managing to be both stoic and supremely unimpressed, held a hand out.

"Lemme see that."

When the Executor placed the electronic paper in that hand, she took a moment to read it over; her eyes tracking rapidly across the page as her finger flicked across the bottom to turn it, over and over.

(OOC - Not sure if Culture is the appropriate skill, but it seemed reasonably well suited...)

Jordayn's satisfied grin faded as the Abadari Executor made himself known and revealed the status of the Solenya. He gave the flimsy spread out on the table a casual glance, but left the ladies to huddle over it. Being a priest himself, if of a considerably less extensive faith, he was well acquainted with the Church of Abadar, even his clergy were more corporate executives than clerics. Jordayn was sure the legalese of the document stated just was Hershwin claimed, with enough florid pontification to shame the most blowhard of preachers, though there might be an clause they could exploit. The arch-executives dressed damned well, though, Jordayn had to admit, straightening his crimson stole.

"I'm not so sure about our luck," Jordayn replied dryly, arching a brow at the executor. "Sunshine's previous association with AbadarCorp aside," he commented, cocking his head questioningly at the ysoki, "we had thought ourselves owners free and clear of the Solenya. If the document is as you claim - and if we don't decide to contest it on the basis that your contract was with the Prince and not us, we acquired the Solenya in good faith - perhaps you'd deign to tell us why you haven't initiated repossession proceedings already? You have another offer for us, I presume?"

Herschwin gave an appraising glance at Jordayn before returning his attention to the ladies with the flimsy. "Your Jordayn the priest of Arshea, aren't you? Not the sort of company one of your ilk would be expected to enjoy." He said almost as an after thought before allowing his gaze to travel once more around the table lingering on the women and settling on Gorunta. "But I can see the possibilities you might envision as well.

As I said I am here about the ship and business. It has not escaped our attention that your little cadre here has advertised through various back channels that you and  'your ship' are for hire. Let us put aside the ownership of the vessel for a moment and discuss the possibility of AbadarCorp...engaging your services."

"It's probably best if you get on with your sales pitch, sweetie.  You're currently one poncy, passive-aggressive insult away from me asking this man," she patted Gorunta on the shoulder.  "To remove Yottle's smarmy head from her own ass and shove it up yours instead."

She downed another shot.  Normally the diplomatic core of the group, they could all tell that tonight, Evie was apparently in rare form... and already half drunk.  "So, what is it you need from us?  And someone please make a note that if that document is binding, then we have a prince to find and put the boots to."  Her lip curled into a devious smirk as she downed another shot.  "I've just the pair too."

As she reached to pour herself another one, Gorunta slid the bottle away from her.  "Let's hear what the man has to say.  Then we can decide whose head is going where, hm?"

The ice haired diva sighed, disappointed.  "Fine.  Mister Herschwin, how can we help you?"

At being called a AbadarCorp associate, Sunshine made a point to slurp her drink loudly, as an act of minor rebellion. Then she put it aside, and sighed.

"I keep telling you people, it was an entirely accidental desecration. I take religion seriously but surely there's gotta be a point where it's belaboring a penance." She pulled a small shrinkwrapped package of yipi stix out of her mouth, unwrapped them, then stuck them back in. Off everyone's stares, she grunted. "Well, I'm not gonna eat them with the wrapper on, now am I?"

She bit the snack sticks in half, and swallowed them in one bite - those who knew her well knew that she ate that quickly when she was nervous or upset. "Yeah, what Evana said, are you going to tell us exactly what you want out of the crew and technically-my-ship?"

Herschwin raised an eyebrow at the diminutive star pilots claim. "Alright then. AbadarCorp is in the business of expanding, both secular and Holy, With the opening of the galaxy by the gift of the drift engine a host of new worlds were discovered many which can use our services and guidance And so we send out missionary's whose purpose is to establish banking and legal embassies as well as to spread the word of Law.

As there are many such missionaries resources can become tin. We often hire outside functionaries to safeguard and help establish our representative while the ... details are being worked out.

AbadarCorp would like to rectify our little problem concerning the Solanya with just such a mission."

"Translation, you'll drop any claims to our ship if we do a bodyguarding job for you." Gorunta said. "AND payment, I trust?" They did need money, and if Mr. Herschwin was stupid enough to try and press this without credits... well, he'd never actually shoved a head up an ass before - the vesk thought he could pull it off.

Herschwine pursed his lips as he regarded the hulking Vesk . "Indeed we are prepared to release the title to the Solanya if you sign a contract with AbadarCorp for the Duration of a specified Mission to be named later. The ship will be in addition to any other compensation required by the missions parameters."

His smile was like that of a vicious ocean predator.

Jordayn's return smile was that of a whore who knew the authority was trying to fuck him - not in a sexual way, or at least not only that - and was playing along to see just how bad. "I'm sure something can be arranged with such a generous offer as that," Jordayn said wryly. "With an amendment or two. A specified duration or definite end to the mission rather than one so... nebulous. I'm sure you wouldn't want to inadvertently consign us to indentured servitude for an indefinite amount of time. And two, at least some details of this specific Mission to be named later."

The handsome priest shrugged with feigned apology. "After all, we might find that the ship and the additional compensation that may or may not accompany it isn't worth the danger we're contracted to throw ourselves in."

Left unsaid was that Jordayn, for his part, wasn't sure about aiding AbadarCorp's expansion. It was as all encompassing and voracious as any of the Outer Gods' cults, if not as out and out destructive and evil.

"You know, Abadar doesn't really own the ship," Echo said. She wasn't actually sure of this, but had a feeling about it. "You own the debt. You could call it in, repossess the ship, but that's a whole separate process with its own legal proceedings...and once you start it'd be hard to stop which means you'd get what you don't want. A ship with no crew and no...whatever you want this mission for."

She worked a crick out of her neck, then nodded.

"So I think we can do business, but lets not overstate your position here. As holders of title, we have certain rights that you have to recognize."

Herschwin frowned Echo, "You mean this title?" He raised his hand palm up and the other intern placed a flimsy in it, Herschwin set it on the table. "The Prince never had Title what he had was alease agreement which he passed on to you. However said lease was not transferable.

He gave a short sigh.

"And not to belittle your value, crews are not in short supply."

He reaches back out and slides the new flimsy all the way across the table top to Echo.

"AbadarCorp is the Church of Law, if we make a contract you can be assured it is proper, legal, and ironclad.

Now about other compensation, that is something we will have to negotiate after your agreement and the signing of NDAs. The specific mission is of a ... sensitive nature that requires secrecy and well non disclosure to those who are not associates."

Spoiler

those with good preception may notice (DC18) the quick glance herschwin's eyes make at sunshine

< Okay. Time to check this fool and level the playing field. > Jexa thought to her companions as she waved the flimsy, getting Herschwin's attention.

"I have an idea. How about let's all enter this negotiation is good faith and a level playing field? I am sure you 'suit & contract' types like to enter into a negotiation with at least a figurative gun the other party's head, but nobody, especially us, likes to talk with a gun pointed at them. So I will do you a favor and make my compatriots more amendable to negotiating with you and save you the embarrassment and loss of face by having your ass kicked in court by our little rag-tag group." she said to Herschwin.

Jexa glanced back at the flimsy she had been perusing while the other talked and then back to Herschwin once more.

"You see, if you want to really get down to it, " Jexa said as she leads forward, raising up a hand and holding it beside her mouth to shield in a mock whispers, "...and I am sure you do, " she said before dropping her hand and relaxing back into her chair, "...then I'll point out that the prince didn't transfer shit. He's loaned us used of the ship, as you can see by it still being in possession of and piloted by the pilot of record, little miss Sunshine here." she pointed out, holding her drink toward the ysoki and nodding to her before downing her shot.

She grimaced for a moment as it went down and slammed her shot glass back down on the table.

" You see, there isn't anything about loaning the ship out, which could be construed to be covered under the fair use section of the contract, which in turn means that it could be argued that the lease wasn't violated by the prince at al,l and is, in fact, still in effect since according to the contract there are still two years left on the contract." Jexa said with an obviously face smile.

< So suck it, you Abadar prick. > she thought to her companions.

"Now,, that might be a 'technicality' or whatever, but it's that kind of shit that gets off lawyers and judges and stuff even better than a nude spread of Evana would." Jexa said, miming a masturbatory gesture with the curled up flemsy at first before pointing to Evana with the flimsy.

"Not that you ever would do such." she added to Evana with a grin and a wink, before bringing her attention back to Herschwin.

"So how about you approach us like the fine, upstanding professionals we are, level playing field and all, and have this negotiation in good faith? You can toss in the title of the ship as part of the payment, but you're not going to hold it, or anything, over our heads or try and force us to do shit."

Jexa then nodded to Herschwin, adding, "And you're welcome."

Spoiler

Jexa has at will, short range telepathy. She can talk to others and they can talk to her, but any telepathic communication using her telepathy between the rest of the group would have to be personally relayed by Jexa. It's not full Guild Chat. Sorry.  :(

Herschwin sits back his face blank as he levels a stare at Jexa, the kind that professional gamblers wear in the highest stake game. Then he grins and raises his hands and quietly applauds. "Bravo, Jexa Brae, bravo. I knew you were the group for all of this. You are correct the lease was never in question. In fact The prince had notified us of his intentions to transfer the ship even before the outstanding service you did for him and offered to pay off the lease before  giving you the ship outright. I am an animal lover myself so your deed was especially moving for me. Very well done." He beams at all of the Heroes in turn.

" Therefore AbadarCorp Has voided the original Lease," the first intern lays a flimsy on the table, "and with our lords blessing  we are gifting you with the Solanya no strings attached," the second intern lays a new title flimsy with all of the names of the Heroes listed.

"I am sorry for the slight deception but it was incumbent to make sure that you were as focused and capable of seeing the fine details and putting two and two together to come up with four so to speak. I hope my litle play acting hasn't offend. But the mission we wish to hire you for is very very sensitive and.... well... irregular."

The Lawyer/Priest leans forward and lowers his voice, "A lost world, ancient ruins, monolithic structures, a recalcitrant colony of highly individualistic colonists who quite frankly wish to be left alone, valuable resource that some wish to take from those colonist, the simmering ingredients for an interstellar war. Basically lawless chaos that we wish to do our best to bring order too."

Herschwin sits back, "and make a profit of course."

"Being a god of both law and goodness, Abadar, and by proxy his men and women of the cloth, serve as a shining example of what all of us should strive towards: spread civilization, foster free trade, make a little dosh on the side."  She narrowed her eyes as she listed the three main tenants of Abadar's faith.  "But to contractually bind an individual... well, not only does that sound more like what I would expect from Asmodean cultists, I would hate to think our poor Sunshine is being forced to work for AbadarCorp over and over... without a fair wage, back pay, or any obvious means of releasing herself from your employ.  Keeping in mind that 'indentured servitude', contractual or otherwise, is still technically slavery and illegal."  She pursed her lips, as if to imply that she doubted that Mr. Herschwin was really an Abadar employee and could possibly be a Hellknight in disguise.  "I mean, with hellish practices such as those, which I'm sure you've had nothing to do with... how can we place our righteous faith and services in a company that would exploit people in such a way?"

"That's my way of saying, that I'm willing to consider the job, but not signing a damn thing AbadarCorp puts in front of me.  I'm not ending up bent over, cheeks spread, waiting for His Holy's golden fist like our friend over here."  She gestured to Sunshine.  "If I say I'll do a job, the job will get done.  You'll just have to take my word for it.  Considering that so far I've more credibility that you in the honesty department, it'll have to do."

Herschwin leans back again and sighs, "I see. Well then, Sunshine, by my authority you are hereby released of your contractual obligation to the AbadarCorp. May your life be fruitful."

A flimsy comes from behind and he passes it directly to Sunshine. He then stands. "Good luck in your endeavors ladies and gentlemen. Enjoy the ship."

He abruptly turns and walks away from the table the interns falling into step behind him.

"Let'em go. This is probably a lame tactic to gain the dominant position in the 'negotiation' by making us chase after him. It sounds like he needs us more anyways. If so, he'll be back. And if not, we still got the clean title to the ship and Sunshine's freedom. Either way, we still came out ahead." Jexa commented. Though she was not overly loud, it was pretty clear that she didn't really care if he could hear her not.

"And I agree with Evana here. I mean, seriously. Do we really look like 'sign on the dotted line' types? He came to us and claimed to have tested us and knows we can be discrete and get the job done. And besides, he had no reason to release Sunshine just to turn and walk away. So yeah, I'm betting this is another 'test' or some shit, now that I think about it."

Jexa shrugged and picked up the new flimsies that had just been set down before Herschwin departed, looking them over.

Echo shrugged. "I'm a little curious about what else was in the offer for us, if he's really going to throw the ship at us for nothing. But whatever, I guess. I'm definitely not going running after him begging him to give us work."

She stood up.

"So. Who's got dinner tonight? I'm prepared to grease palms for noodles."

"Thanks, everyone," says Sunshine softly, sounding genuinely surprised. "No one's - ever - thanks."

She looks over what was left behind, ysoki curiosity taking over. "It'd be nice to fly that ship on something other than a milk run, I'll admit. But yeah. Deal smelled like old cheese..."

Some of the eyes followed the Lawyer Priest and his interns as they walked away, waiting for them to stop and turn back and those eyes followed them all the way to the clubs entrance and watched them disappear through it. At just that moment a robotic waiter stepped up to the table bearing a tray of pale blue Motranian Ice Champagne, sparkling in tall flute giving off the tell tale cold mist the drink was famous for.

"From the gentlebeing across the way there. He said to say it is a peace offering." said the robot

Almost as one the heroes turn and looked toward where the robot indicated.

A toothy feline smile greeted them from across the room as Clevus raised his own glass in salute.

Jordayn watched the Abadaran priest leave, then sighed. He took a contemplative sip of his drink, shook his head, then regarded his companions. "Though we typically have similar tenets to follow, all priests don't worship their god in the same exact manner. He might have found the terms of the original contract with Sunshine abusive and having the power to rectify it, did so as a sign of good faith when trying to hire us. And he did resolve any potential issue regarding the Solenya."

The handsome half-elf tossed his head to shake pale blond hair from his face, finished his drink and gave a shrug. "While I've had some fun dalliances and assignations on the station, I'm more than ready to get back out there and see some part of the galaxy I haven't seen before. What Hershwin was offering sounded intriguing, as it did to several of you, it seems. And did doesn't look like anyone else has had any big prospects on the station. If no one else is going to bother or is willing, I'll follow after him and see what more he's willing to say. I'll even sign the contract if he insists and you all are still worried about it."

He quirked a wry grin. "After giving it a thorough read, of course. Arshea might not be as uptight at Abadar, but scripture in any faith or philosophy can get as convoluted and tricksome any as legal document. Do try to let me keep my end of the contract, hmm? At least for a few days."

Then the robot arrived with its tray of Montranian Ice Champagne. He arched a brow. "Wonderful. I might not be adverse to socializing with pirates and mercenaries, but I'd rather deal with the Church of Abadar than with that guy." Jordayn stood up, straightening his coat and stole, intending to go after Hershwin. "Anyone with me, or would you rather hear what the feline has to say?"

"Let him walk." Jexa said, waving a hand toward the door dismissively.

"Chasing after him is either playing into his hand or showing that you're not the type he wanted to hire in the first place." she shrugged.

Jexa looked over the flemsies, double checking the wording as she continued to speak.

"And for the record, he didn't resolve a damned thing with the ship. He had no claim, just like I showed him. All he really did was save himself some time and face. Oh, and Sunshine's contract is rectified. She's is out of it and free to do as she will. If he wanted to do it as a gesture of good faith because he felt bad about it and thought it was abusive, he would have done it on his own, without our prompting.." she said with a shrug.

"The fact that he even thought us..." she said, gesturing to the collected crew at the table with a wave of her hand, "..all of us, would even sign a contract put forth by them is laughable. Like Evana said, our word is our bond. If we say we'll do the job, then we'll get it done. The only reason for that contract is to either screw us over, or screw us out of shit. Either way, we get screwed."

"Besides," she added, "to hire us he wants us ALL to sign. Just one of us will not do. So your willingness to sign is moot."

"Something will come along, maybe that's what he wants. He saw us kick the crap out of that avatar and a fuck-ton of mummies,  and ruin that ritual, so he knows we can get shit done. Hell, he might have even used those Abadar douches as his intermediaries. So, as much as I want to empty my arc pistol in his face right now, maybe one of us should go see what he wants." Jexa suggested as she collected a seasoned nut of some sort from the dish and tossed it into her mouth.

"Doesn't Evana and a relationship with him?"

"I wouldn't call it a 'relationship'," Evie said, sobering up a bit now that the frustration of dealing with the Church as well as her bombed show was over with.  Although, she was still buzzing pretty good.  "He tried to kill me along with all of you... is it strange that I find that to be kind of a turn on?"

"No, but it makes it obvious you have terrible taste in men." Gounta smirked.

"I know, look who I travel with," she quipped back with a smirk of her own to the priest and the merc.  "Ugh, give me a few minutes to compose myself and I'll go see what he wants.  I'm still caked in sweat and frankly, I feel filthy," she looked around the table as everyone silently glared at her.  "Oh, sock your gobs, I mean the un-fun sort of filthy."

As soon as Jordayn stood everyone else at the table except Jexa seemed to forget he was even there with a sigh and a shake of his He headed off after the Abadarian who had already passed out of the entrance. Across the room Clevus downed his own drink and stood with a grin that belied his own tenseness wich his jerking tail betrayed he swaggered of toward the table where the remainder of the heroes sat, his hand kept well away from anywhere a weapon might be hidden.

"Good evening folks, it has been a while. Hello Evana I liked the show very...moving." He smiled a toothy smile just at her and sketched a little bow, "So I couldn't help but notice your little tête-à-tête with the Executar. From his imperious exit I suppose you all told him to get stuffed. Fortuitous my being here, looks like you folks are out of work and...heheh... out of favor."

Jordayn stepped out into the night and looked around it didn't take much looking to see the priest standing at the curb of the throughway with one of the interns, the other was nowhere to be seen and Jordayn figured he was fetching a conveyance. He approached the Priest.

"So has Arshea coaxed you to come and attempt to woo me back to the negotiating table? Or are you here," Herschwin said without looking at Jordayn, "for your own reasons?

6 hours ago, STARFINDER GM said:

"Good evening folks, it has been a while. Hello Evana I liked the show very...moving."

"I'm sure," Evana said dryly and with a tone of suspicion that was half way between flirtatious and dismissive.

"Oh, come now, surely your not still angry about our last encounter?"  His smirk shown a hint of his fangs.

"No, no, honestly I'm over that.  I can't speak for the rest of the table, but I can't fault you for being you.  You, Clevus are dishonest, and a dishonest man we can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It’s the honest ones we want to watch out for, because we can never predict when they’re going to do something incredibly," she glared across the way at Jordayn who had followed the Executor. "…stupid.”

"But, water under the bridge, as they say.  You're despicable and you wear it on your sleeve like a badge of honor, I can respect that.  I prefer those who can wear their faults out in the open and embrace them instead of hiding behind honeyed words.  Doesn't hurt that you have designer sleeves, either."  She quirked a brow upwards and tilted her head to express her point.

"Says the starlet who prides herself on honeyed words," Clevus was quick to point out.

"Well, obviously it doesn't apply to me.  I'm the one being the judgmental tart," she pointed at herself while she sipped the drinks he ordered for them.  "And don't think one drink is going to excuse the fact that you tried to kill me... I mean, us.  Oh, no, you'll be buying rounds from now until the Rapture.  So, toss us your pitch and if you head ends up in someone's ass we'll know Gorunta wasn't impressed."

Clevus's eye's narrowed at  that last part and he tilted his head quizzically.  "I''m sorry, what?"

"Nothing."  Evana said swiftly.  She spun her finger in a loop, signaling a forward motion.  "C'mon, tall, dark and broad shouldered... spill."

"Hehe" Clevus reaches back and grabs a chair some is already sitting and yanks it out from under them.

"Hey"  yells the unfortunate patron as they crash to the floor. Clevus shows that mouthful of sharp teeth in that persons direction, "Sorry" As he sit at the table scooting the chair as close to Evana as she will allow.

"Right you are doll face, but I think I can do you one better than a night of cheap drinks." Clevus places his big paw ontop of Evana's hand looks her in the eye and she can swear later but his eye twinkled, then he glances around the table at the rest of the gathered misfits.

"I can give you all the treasures of a lost world, the same lost world that stuffed shirt was trying to hire you to help him and his take over. Interested?"

19 minutes ago, STARFINDER GM said:

"Right you are doll face, but I think I can do you one better than a night of cheap drinks.

"Reeaally now?" She said, completely no believing a word he was saying.  "More than cheap drinks?"  She mocked innocence and surprise, placing her fingers over her open mouthed expression of shock and surprise.  "Why... why Clevus... I'm not sure I'm ready for that sort of commitment.  I mean... what's next?  All I can eat buffets, your treat?  You're quite the catch..."

Clevus chuckled.  "Smart ass."

Evana chuckled in kind and retrieved her hand from under his.  "Busniess, now.  Play later.  Frankly, I'd love nothing more than to steal a trove of treasure out from under those snobby Abadarians."  She looked to the crew.  "C'mon, guys, I mean sure he tried to kill us and sell an entire planet to a mummy-lich-thing... but it's not like we're any better."

"No, no... pretty sure we are."  Gorunta nodded his head matter-of-factly.

"Alright, barring his speckled past-"

"Speckled?"  Jexa asked with tone that called Evie on her B.S. before she even could begin to start stacking it.

"For lack of a better term," Evana pressed on, swiftly.  "We've been the good guys, and it pays next to nothing.  Let's balance out our Karma, do a little dirty... get paid.  All while sticking to those Abadarians."

"You mean the Abadarians who released Sunshine from her contract and respectfully backed off when we had doubts, right?" Echo asks tonelessly. "Lets conspire against them with the insane cat cultist who tried to murder us."

She rolled her eyes. "Sure. Lets go with that."

Clevus picks something really tiny, cold be a bug or a speck of dirt, off the table top. "Ok first of all the Mummy was a job, that's all. And it was canine extermination, I mean really who cares." He rubs his fingers together crushing what ever it was and wipes his hands on his trousers. "I'm like all of you. We are sort of self-interested mercenaries. Nothing more nothing less.

As for Sunshine here, the Executor didn't release her from her contract out of good will. He did it so he can excommunicate the lot of you and make you enemies of the temple and the bank.

So really you guys are screwed. And I am your only way out of this predicament"

He reaches over and picks up Jordayn's glass and finishes it off then raise the empty summoning a waiter.

Jordayn laughed lightly. "Arshea largely allows her priest-companions to find their own path. Passion and love find their way back to Arshea, no matter the path one takes. No, I'm not here to woo you back to make your offer once more, not yet at least." He shook his in wry amusement. "Though I do wonder at you thinking those who work, shall we say, in the grey areas of society, would be amendable to signing contracts and NDAs."

He sighed, glancing about station. It was quiet at the moment, lights muted. Completely artificial, the station was designed to give areas of it the illusion of being planetside. "I'm here on my own. I'd like hear more on your proposal, see if I can sell it to my companions. Since at the moment, I'm more interested in what you might have to offer than what that sharp-toothed mercenary inside has."

Jordayn shrugged his shoulders, stretched, then gave the Executor a scrutinizing glance. "I have to admit, I'm curious. Seeing how you Abadarans generally are more concerned with the letter of your laws and contracts, I'm a bit surprised that you released our pilot Sunshine so readily."

Herschwin turns to face Jordayn "Sharp-toothed Mercenary?"

Jordayn catches the flick of the mans eye to the Female Intern who steps back out of his peripheral vision but whom he can hear moving away.

"Most of you are criminals albeit with a semblance of conscience. Abadar held out his hand offering you a place and way out of the chaos your lives have become. Offered you order. Such offers come rarely to those of your kind."

"Let's see. Right now, we only have your word that it's what he's going to do and that you're the only way out." Gorunta ticked off on his claws. "And you were with the cat cultists who tried to kill us all. That you would consider a job with the likes of those means you're not like us. We have our honor - well, I do. We certainly have better sense than you. Unless you have proof, leave now."

Archived