Aberrant comic book - copyright issues?

Sprocket

Apologies for my long silence, RL issues have kept me offline for quite a while.

Have any of you noticed that Action Lab Entertainment (with Half Evil Comics & Rising Spirit Entertainment) has published an Aberrant comic book? There are 2 issues out as a digital release. The indica states that the copyright is held by Rylend Grant & Brainchild Enterprises, LLC (2018). Onyx Path is not mentioned at all AFAICT.

WTH is going on here? Is this legit, or are they claim-jumping the Aberrant brand from Onyx Path? I'm very confused here, not to mention quite worried about how/if it will impede getting the Aberrant 2.0 RPG off the drawing board and published.

doesn't look like it has anything to do with the Aberrant game and setting. Looks like they just have the same name.... the comic seems to be a militray action thingy, didn't see anything about superpowers or stuff.

Shouldn't have any impact on the game i would think.

5 hours ago, Nina said:

doesn't look like it has anything to do with the Aberrant game and setting. Looks like they just have the same name.... the comic seems to be a militray action thingy, didn't see anything about superpowers or stuff. 

Shouldn't have any impact on the game i would think.

I'm afraid you're mistaken on the first one, friend. It's got superpowers, aberrations and a whole bunch of covert ops/conspiracy madness going on. I've read both issues, they were pointed out to me by a friend.

As for the second? If Rylend Grant & Brainchild Enterprises decide to lawyer up and enforce their copyright, it could delay the reboot indefinitely.

Archived