OOC Discussion Thread

This is the official out of character chat, if you have questions for the players or the storyteller that can't be asked in character then this the place for it.  Also, anything else that should be out of character, humor, complements for good role-playing, jokes, etc.   Lets keep the rules Basic courtesy and not being a jerk as guidelines to behavior in this thread please.

Alright, so it stands to reason that at least one of you is aware of the greatness that is me.  So, the question is: which one of you milk drinkers is the soul lucky enough to have had the honor and privilege of basking the in the glory that is Delgath.  I will school you in the ways of crushing bone and rending flesh.  We will drink to the glorious chorus that is the wailing screams of our enemies.

There will be beer.

((Translation for those who do not speak Delgath... "I'm gonna do an intro fic here pretty soon, which one of you, if any would like to guest star?  We'll kick ass, spread our name around and party afterward.

I plan on drinking, a lot."))

We'll get together later this week and plot something out for our independent masterpiece, featuring me and my trusty sidekick Gary.  Keep an eye out for awesome merch.

Oh, I edited my Blood and Steel post to include, well some intro music, because I totally deserve intro music and fixed a lot of issues that result from trying to post from a phone.  It reads a bit more clearly now.

Just so folks know, I'm going to be rather busy the next few days, so my availability will be erratic, though I will be checking in and out, if you have any questions for me, either send a PM or ask them here.

On a different note, as a gift for meeting the requested 14th date, and encouragement to meet requested times later, all players who posted a character in the character thread by the 14th, which means Dread, Tanith, Sigil, Gary, Kamala & Maia:  Gain +1 dominion. 

For those of you who didn't, or were just a touch late, no worries, there will be other opportunities.  Also, fitting music, Dread, which brings mind another point.  Mark any threads involving backstory as such, these will have the opportunity to gain Experience or Dominion... let's encourage creativity, folks.

Not to shake off what Aurea said to Dread, but she wandered off to talk about the stone, so I considered her words more 'casual' than 'conversation starter'.  So I chose to simply let her words stand and move on, maybe revisit them later.  Didn't want it to feel like he simply ignored her, because he didn't.  I just moved the moment past her words and into the moment with the stone and possibly leaving before the monsters came back.

Oh, and those playing the home game, Dread was abandoned in the wastes when he was 6 and never given a formal education... so expect his ideas of what the world was like 24 years ago, before the Apocalypse, to drastically different from what so called 'historians' say.  He's seen all the archived footage about the laser sword knights and the dinosaur theme park, and those 'Avengers' guys...

Don't believe their lies... it was all true.

Actually, its fair that many folks wouldn't believe the history pre-catacylsm.  Only a god of Knowledge could be sure of it, and even then.. what might have been going on in the 'shadows'?

Also, folks have until this time tomorrow, at which point I'll be making the next post, moving things forward.

• 2 weeks later...

Just so you know, the Trials of the Dawn are presently only open to Aurea and Sigil, though if that remains so.... ;) well, it depends.  Time wise, everything within the trials happen between one instant and the next... Fairy and Time have an interesting relationship.

On a note, folks, Tanith's player is withdrawing from the Game, she's going to depart in my next update and you folks will find yourselves back at the city, with a bit more information due to the outburst, if anyone wants to respond to the changes before that, you have until Thursday, then I'm moving things forward.

• 2 weeks later...

At Krul's request, here is a map with the approximate range of the PV Arcology (Sota's) network at the moment, after a year of growth (approx 360 mile radius). 

The network expands at a rate of 1 mile radius per day. Setting-appropriate tech such as satellites, landlines, or wi-fi transmitters simply come into being, seamlessly integrated with existing hardware and passing unnoticed by lesser foes in the area, who will believe they've always been there. The network requires no maintenance or external power.

dbmuzs.jpg

The network already reach to the old cities of Las Vega, Reno, Phoenix, Tucson, Provo, Sat Lake City, San Diego, and Los Angeles.

The Network Greater Gift 'Web Weaver' is a constant gift, extending a continual network around the holder of the of that particular gift, in essence, Sota is a huge server and wireless access point.   Also, Godbound, Paragons, and other supernatural beings know it's happening, ordinary mortals however, just know that they can get web access from anywhere in that radius, and it seems normal to them.  On a flip side, that means that both the good guys and the bad guys can do it.

Yeah, I was wondering that... Sota just magically gave every psycho, mad man, ad raider tribe an instant means of organizing...

Shoulda focused on the Arcology first, then moved the network outwards as we vanquished the baddies and 'civilized' the land... but oh well.

9 minutes ago, Dave ST said:

Yeah, I was wondering that... Sota just magically gave every psycho, mad man, ad raider tribe an instant means of organizing...

Shoulda focused on the Arcology first, then moved the network outwards as we vanquished the baddies and 'civilized' the land... but oh well.

Damn. You're right.

If only Sota had a word like "Network" or something, that could give her awesome control over the network to make sure it is a good thing and not used in a way she does not intend.

Oh wait. She totally does have the Network word.

Not to mention, unless "every psycho, mad man, ad raider tribe" are running around with functional, charged and activated laptops/smartphones/tablets/so on, that they actually know how to use too, they will not even know there is a network to access. This long after the cataclysm that is super unlikely.

So no, Sota did not just give "every psycho, mad man, ad raider tribe an instant means of organizing".

1 hour ago, Dave ST said:

Awesome!

But...

Why?

Putting these arcs', especially those with paragons and godbound at them, into contact with each is a major step toward cooperation and reclaiming/rebuilding the world.

The network has put the PV Arc' in contact with the Los Angeles Arc' about four months ago, which are now two of the half dozen or so major arcs'/powers on North America. So the network has opened communication, trade and so on between them. Within two years it will reach Seattle and the arc' there.

Other, friendly communities who are within range of the network, but did not know it was there and/or lacked the means to access it Sota and others can provide a means of accessing it as they spread out from the PV Arc', making contact with them.

Don't let festivities stuff slow down the thread, Krul.  If you want to move past all that and fast forward to the search for the Genesis Seed, I'm cool with it.

Dread won't be spending much time at the Arcology anyway, he needs Dominion, which means there is conquering to be done.

The game plan is simple.

Dread needs dominion to invest in his power structure.  He won't actually be a war god until 3rd level, when the Word becomes his.  Once this whole Genesis Seed business is taken care of, he will go to Eden, Arizona.  If occupied, he will conquer it.  Once there he will rename it to Warrior's Rest and begin scouring the land in every settlement for the bravest and most skilled warriors and women and men who have the potential to be great.  He will gather them at Warrior's Rest and begin training them to be an unstoppable army.  The city will expand and more will be trained, until there is no one qualified to train (eliminating weakness in his people, and among the populace once the conquering begins).

Once he hits 3rd level and acquires the Word of War he will begin to sweep across the country side, moving West first, conquering every settlement, village, and 'kingdom' that he and his forces encounter.  Those who do not wish to fight will be given the option to include him as part of their worship, or have it be done by force.  Until everyone, everywhere recognizes him, The Rider, as their war god, he will not stop.  He'll sweep up the west coast, conquering everything in his path and eventually sweep East until the entirety of North America wholly understands and accepts that his teachings and his writings on war and combat are the penultimate faith when it comes to warring and efficient destruction of one's fellow man.

Warrior's Rest will eventually be upgraded to 'New Sparta', a city where only the finest and most blessed of the Delgathian faith are permitted to reside.  A place where every citizen is a soldier, and when called upon to do battle is the most capable fighting force in the multiverse.

Profit.

Repeat as necessary upon other continents until Dread is love, Dread is life.

So, been a hectic work week for me, but I have time in the next few days, so I will be posting to main thread in the next day or so, and the last thread for our faery queens.  [That means today or tomorrow is the plan]

Also, lovely roleplaying everyone, enjoying reading your responses.

Archived