Nova Praxis: RULES

SETTING RULES

Blood & Guts

Characters can spend Bennies on damage rolls! Use this rule when you really want to up the carnage.

Critical Failures

This rule works well for very dark or very humorous games. When a character rolls double 1’s on a Trait roll, he can’t spend a Benny—he’s stuck with the critical failure.

Gritty Damage

This variation on damage works well for settings such as gritty detective scenarios or “realistic” military adventures. It can be very lethal so use it cautiously.

Treat Extras’ wounds normally.

For Wild Cards, count wounds as usual and go through the normal steps for Incapacitation should he accumulate more than three wounds.

In addition, every time the hero suffers a wound, roll on the Injury Table and apply the results immediately (but roll only once per incident regardless of how many wounds are actually caused). A hero who takes 2 wounds from an attack, for example, still only suffers one roll on the Injury Table.

Injuries sustained in this way are cured when the wound is healed. (Injuries sustained via Incapacitation may be temporary or permanent as usual.)

A Shaken character who’s Shaken a second time from a damaging attack receives a wound as usual but does not have to roll on the Injury Table.

Multiple Languages

Some settings feature characters and cultures who typically speak many different languages. If this Setting Rule is in play, your hero knows his cultural or national language plus an additional number of languages equal to half his Smarts die.

INITIATIVE

Due to how Initiative is handled in Savage Worlds with the drawing of cards. I will be making the initiative draws myself so as to trake Jokers and any other special card

CHARACTER CREATION

Character creation follows the standard rules found on page 134 0f Nova Praxis andpage 16 of the Savage Worlds rule book.

In addition your characters will be starting as Seasoned. Therefor after initial CC each charter will receive 5 free advances. How advances work can be found on page 47 of the Savage Worlds rule book.

In addition each character will receive one free edge chosen by me.

Once your characters are finished send them to me along with their backstories for approval. If there are no edits needed I will give you instructions for posting you Characters Bio in the Character thread which will be provided.

HOUSE AFFILIATION – Only Houses Silva, Tsarya, and Kimura may be chosen for PCs at this time.

At this point there are going to be two Story Threads running concurrently. I will assign each character to one of these threads.

STARTING GEAR

You begin the game with a number of free pieces of gear, such as weapons, armor, and other items.
First, gain a Two items with a Cost equal to (or less than) your choice of Assets or Rep- Rating, +2. You will then gain another 2 items with a Cost equal to (or less than) either your Assets or Rep, +1. You may then continue to gain items, one each only, with a Cost one lower than the previous: +0, -1, and so on, until the Cost of the free item is 1. Within reason, you may have any number of items with a Cost rating of 1 or 0, though the GM may apply some limits.
Unless you have the Licensed Edge (pg. 152 NP), the maximum number of restricted items you can gain for free during character creation is equal to your Assets +1. Restricted items that come free with others,  such as the free unit of ammo that comes with a firearm, do not count against this limit.
Items not selected during this step may be purchased later. See page 248NP for more on purchasing items. Restricted items can only be purchased after character creation with Assets unless you have the  licensed Edge.

• Matt changed the title to Nova Praxis: RULES
  • Nina pinned this topic

Narrative Combat

Sometime during this game the characters will be put into situations where they will have to use force or force will be used on them. Usually when this happens we will  go into combat rounds and procedd on a turn by tun combat with initiative and dice rolling and so on, until the encounter is finished.

However there will also be times when I will initiate combat for simply dramatic purpose. In these cases the outcome will never be in doubt and instead of going into turn by turn combat  I will call for a Narrative combat post.

In a Narrative combat post I will set the scene like normal then I will in a spoiler list each players order along with any special instructions for how I want the scene to unfold. in that order you will make a combat post playing out the scene without resulting to turns or dice rolling.

• 3 weeks later...

WEAPON RANGES

Slight change to this to make our narrative more smooth. I have arbitrarily changed yards to meters this is not an exact conversion but for our purposes it is all we need. The only ranges you need to know are the final "real world" range of your weapons.

Range: This lists the weapon’s Short, Medium, and Long range. Ranges are listed in inches so that you can use a ruler to move, shoot, and fight on the table-top with miniatures. For our purposes each inch is equal to 2 meters in the real world distance, so that 5” is really 10 meters.
Weapon ranges are “effective” ranges for the table-top. If you need to know the real world range of a weapon (for battles that don’t take place on the table-top, for instance), multiply each range bracket by 2.5.

Since we are not using table top scale, we will be using the real world ranges so make sure you multiply the listed range by 2.5 then convert to meters. For example a heavy sniper rifle has a long range of 240" it's real world range would be  600 inches which converted to meters is 1200 meters

Again to find the range of your weapon take the range band you wish to convert x 2.5 to get real world range then x 2 to get weapon range in meters

Archived