Dave ST

IC: SE: "The Dance!"

Austin took the lead and let Fisher handle Nadya.  He offered Evelyn  a polite smile and nodded.  "Yes ma'am we did.."  then he saw Rachel come out, and Nadya took her picture.   He was abit shocked, Rachel actually looked female for once, then he looked away because he really didn't want to get hit by her before the dance.  He'd reflexively turned and now faced Yokiko who looked at him and tried quite hard to mask a tiny smile at what happened.  It was abit of comedy that must have been planned, if only by a deity of mischief.  

She in turn stepped up to talk to Evelyn.   "We've all come to ask for your help in making the Dance one to remember."   Austin, who still had his head turned smiled, as Yokiko had perfectly summed up why he'd accepted the ticket, and he was happy to hear she wanted it to be a special night too.

"Speak for yourself, Yo," Nadya said brashly as she uploaded the pics of Rachel to the cloud. "I'm the one who's gonna make it a night for Niles to remember. I'm just here for a dress and a pair of shoes that will make his nose bleed on sight." She pulled her own golden ticket from... somewhere and flashed it about between a pair of fingers. "Got me a ticket right here."

Her silver-grey eyes widened at the golden motes emanating from the ticket, then she looked at Evelyn - more specifically, what she was wearing - then deeper into the shop. Trained to case a place in a moment, at her first step into the shop, she'd noticed the disparity between the size of the interior and the exterior. She stifled the urge to run through the shop to see how far it went and what all it contained. She shuffled a bit then flashed Evelyn a wide smile.

"And I totally came to the right place." Nadya shot Darci an arch little grin. "Victorian Hot Topic sounds awesome to me! Any day can be cosplay day, if you want it to be. 'Sides, Niley seemed to like it. But now, I'm lookin' for something, uh... more..." Nadya waved at the red-faced Rachel, her smile widening once more, "... That - Go with the red, Rae-Rae, but get some racier underwear. I want something elegant, y'know, but way sexy." Her hands pantomimed a feminine figure closer to Mercedes than either hers or Rachel's. "And darker, definitely darker. Blacks and midnight blues or deep green."

She couldn't but think about Niles, think about how she'd wow him and everyone at the Dance. She'd thought she'd only get to Evelyn's later, but well... it had been Niles' first time getting to second base, let alone further. Her grin deepened to one of private amusement. When she dropped him off at home, his mother had given her such a look of disapproval, she'd yanked Niles into a long, deep, tongue-tangling, breath-stealing kiss. As she'd  driven away, she'd seen his mother's dumbfounded look go from her to her son, and heard her ask, 'Is she Jewish at least?'

Nadya glanced at her Band and their plus-one's, arching a coy, questioning brow at them, clearly telling them that she was surprised they had brought others not 'in the know' while she herself had had the good sense not to. And they were questioning her ability to be circumspect? She sniffed.

"I'm surprised you guys all skipped out early," Nadya said with wry amusement. "And that's not the only thing I'm surprised by."

Rachel's eye widened as her cheeks flushed.   She screamed in horror and embarrassment, clutching both dresses to her chest in an attempt to preserve what modesty of her remained, she covered herself and fled back into the dressing room.

"Nadya!" Darci fumed, "She's in her underwear, not cool..."

Nadya shrugged, "What?"

Darci stepped forward towards the dressing rooms.  "She was obviously embarassed by," She pointed to Austin than Fisher. "Tweedle Dumb and Dumberer over here seeing her in her underwear.  You don't snap a pic of her!"

Fisher pointed to himself.  "Why do I have to be Dumber-er?"

Darci sighed, "Because I don't know Austin as well as you guys, I'm trying to be respectful with my insults."

"I appreciate that," he smiled kindly at her.

"Yeah, no problem," she smiled back and set off for the dressing room.  "Rae?  It's Darci... I'm poking my head in, don't flail wildly..."  Fisher and Austin decided to chase the rabbit.  Every man knew of the ritual women had where they spent ungodly amount of hours together in a bathroom or dressing naked or at least nearly so for reasons completely unknown.

Evelyn, after the antics approached Nadya and cupped her chin, twisting her head from side to side making her lips pucker.  "Oh... oh, you poor dear...," she released her face and folded her arms, looking at her attire.  "No, sweetie... this," she pointed a digit and waved it up and down to signify everything that was... well, Nadya.  "Is not what love looks like.  No.  Not at all.  You need to get your house in order, girl.  Come dear, and you too little awkward Japanese girl."

She pointed down the way to a narrow hallway.  "Go speak with Sylvia, she's a sylph, can't miss her.  You wan't black?  Oh, I specialize in black, honey.  For you," she pointed at Yokiko.  "Something a little more traditional, she'll get you taken care of."  She spun about and glared at Austin and Fisher.  "You two... are mine.  Go find Tweedle Dumbest and meet me in the men's section.  By Dagda's Cauldron... you're bumbling around outside of your league, you don't deserve these women, but that's not for me to judge... least I can do make you look... less like you are now and something resembling 'presentable'.  Well, go," She shooed them away.  "Men's section, after you've found little Angel Face Billy."

"Hmm, perhaps the champagne," Evelyn said to no one in particular.

Fisher blushed, then had his eyes bug out when Rachel screamed. Circumstances or not, that was so the last thing one would think of her doing. Then the awkward moments subsided and he followed Evelyn's instructions. He spun on a dime, completely turned around and marched away, like Orpheus leading Eurydice out - and he knew far better than to look back at all.

When they found Billy: "Hi, Billy. Evelyn wants us going straight to the Men's Section, Billy." Before Billy could make any comment: "She's in that 'Compliance is Mandatory' mood, Billy."

Austin was right there with Fisher in both surprise, and embarrassment.  He didn't care for Darci's insult but it's honestly not like they intended to see what they saw, and he did look away.  Once Fisher finished speaking, he nodded.  "He's right.  This was more an "Order You Don't Refuse."   with both of them there, Billy asked "What was that scream about?"

"Nothing that concerns you man.  Nadya did something really dumb, let's leave it at that and get a move on."  came Austin's quick and utterly credible reply.   Without another word, the only normal guy there fell into step with the two young heroes, making their way to the men's section.

"Un-freaking believable." Rachel said to her reflection in the mirror. She was angry now. Angry at Evelyn and Marius, at Mr Syracuse for not solving her problem, at her dads for grounding her, but mostly at herself for ...reasons." She drew her fist back and was about to slam it through her own face in the mirror and by default through the wall beyond, but she stopped, fist clenched so tight  her hand was  white from the restraint of the blood flow. Slowly she dropped the fist and unclenched as she took deep breath after deep breath.

She could here her friends outside. "This is stupid" she muttered as she proceeded to get dressed back in her jeans and t-shirt.

A few minutes passed and Rachel exited the dressing room and went to find Evelyn where she was helping Nadya. "I'm going with the Champagne dress, please" she said  as she handed the dresses to one of the helpers, "We're all here now. And the dress is beautiful and I am very grateful, but I want to know why. Mr Syracuse said that most likely it was you that instigated all of this. Why? And why have Marius whom we consider an enemy, make the invites? Why didn't you do it yourself?"

Nadya squirmed as Evelyn cupped her chin, long nails prickling her skin. She could out-bench anyone on the football team who didn't have a God's blood running in their veins, but Nadya had the distinct impression that if she tried to jerk out out of Evelyn's grasp, she'd be leaving her jaw behind.

Who said anything about love? Nadya privately replied to Evelyn, then asked herself, Who said anything about love? "My house is just fine, thank-you!" Nadya muttered, voice slightly slurred by Evelyn's hand mildly squishing her face. "Sure, it's a bit messy, but I know where everything is."

Evelyn gave the Romani girl an exasperated glance as she let her go and just pointed down the hallway again. Nadya gave her a look of bemused and completely feigned innocence then trotted off down the almost cramped hallway. She eyed the racks and displays of clothing and shoes with interest and want, hands reaching out greedily before she pulled them back.

Sure, she had a golden ticket, but there was a lot in this place that was catching her eye and likely Evelyn wouldn't miss a piece or three. On the other hand, Nadya wasn't sure what the property taxes were like on a Tardis-shop.

When the hallway opened up into another area filled with dresses, Nadya stopped and stared. She wasn't entirely sure what a Sylph - she should probably read more of the old Greek books Archie kept suggesting - but there was not missing Sylvia, presuming this was her.

Pale as milk, hair the colour of snow, with lips a faint shade of lavender and eyes a light shade of grey, Sylvia was quite the sight, almost as tall as Rae-Rae, but Abercrombie & Fitch thin, dressed in black, ripped jeans and tanktop. From what Nadya could see, she was inked in tattoos of black and dark blue all over her arms, legs, midriff - and likely more - and she swore, whenever she looked away and back, the tattoos were slightly different.

Oh, and Sylvia must've had five pounds of metal piercing her face - and definitely not only there. Nadya had a nose-stud, a small eye-brow ring, and several piercings in each ear. Sylvia had more than that just in the bridge of her nose. She looked like Heroin Hellraiser Barbie.

"Yeh?" Sylvia said in a bored, disinterested voice, arching a doubtful brow that chimed with all the metal in them. Her accent was sort of a mix between something Irish or Scottish and a Southern drawl.

"Evelyn said I should speak with you," Nadya replied with a wide grin as she swaggered forward to the countered Sylvia was slouched behind. "She said you could help me with a dress - and shoes! - for Prom. Black."

Sylvia made a show of straightening from her lackadaisical slouch, giving Nadya a contemptuous, smirking once-over, then sighed. Her snow white hair seemed to move more than it should, as if gusted by a light breeze that touched only her hair. "Ya nid tha'elp'."

While Nadya tried to parse what the Hades the supposed sylph had just said, Sylvia snapped her arms over the counter and grabbed her pigtails, giving them a sharp yank. There was a puff of pink and blue sparkles from Sylvia's hands. Nadya reached up and pulled her pigtails into view - which seemed a good deal longer - then stared at Sylvia again.

"Did... did you just pull my highlights out?" Nadya stammered.

"Th'all dinnae doin' ya any favors, girl," Sylvia drawled, walking around the counter then circling the shorter girl, looking down her nose at her. "Lessa sea wha wi be havin' ta work wit'."

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

When Rachel found Evelyn and the girls, she found Nadya out of her ridiculous Harley Quinn getup and wearing a revealing, gossamer dress. There was a distressed look on her face as a tall, pale, stainless steel pierced woman behind her had a vicious, delighted expression on her face as she tightened the integrated corset.

Spoiler

Dress looks like this:
996042be2e79144f79b56c6e0d462983.jpg

But has an integrated corset that looks more like one of these two (both dark blue instead) - if anyone has a suggestion
a4717dbf7d1c3aa49fd0ba3c9d89bef8.jpg

3d8e345ae38be73553228fe826e1d08a.jpg

"Oh-ergh!" Nadya gasped/grunted around a smile. "Hey, hey, Rae-Rae," she greeted her friend. There was something like a twang that she hoped wasn't one of her ribs. "I was just teasing - you'll look great in either dress. And I would never post pics of online."

Not without a good reason. Sylvia finished torturing her and Nadya flipped her ponytail over her shoulder - a single tail, smooth and straight that almost reached her ass - and glanced at herself in the tripartite mirror. Her trim waist looked almost half again as small while her boobs looked half again as big, and her legs looked nearly as long as Rae-Rae's or the sylph's. Okay, not really, but with the strappy, spikey high heels, they still looked hella long.

Niles isn't going to know where to stare. "Awesome," Nadya murmured, twisting on a heel, to quirk a curious brow at Rachel when she questioned Evelyn's motives, then shrugging. "Who cares why, if we're getting sweet swag like this, Rae-Rae."