Jump to content
STARFINDER GM

OOC: HfH Combat Thread

Recommended Posts

Post your intuitives in this thread and let me know how you wish to do combat

! we can do the combat with you all just posting your action in the main thread (with pertinent rolls in a spoiler) and I will add results to your post the way Dave is doing it in the hero high game

or

we can do it the way we did it before with everyone making their posts and fluff here in this thread and i will combine them into one post for each round.

Majority decides

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jexa's Initiative roll: 1D20+2 => (16 + 2) = 18

Jexa's Initiative = 18

The only issue I have with the way Dave does it is that it is easy to miss that a post was edited and had the results added since there is no notification or anything. I do not care really which way we do it, to be honest. If I absolutely, gun to my head, had to pick one, I would prolly vote the latter of the two options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Initiative order is

 Gorunta -20

Jexa - 18

Echo - 16

Jorday - 8

The lashunta - 8

the rest  - 2

post actions and such here and i will compile when the round is done

remeber Echo you can set off your glitch spell before gorunta goes if you wish for this first round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Echo twisted the icon and attempted to dive into the holography unit in the starport lounge...only to encounter an unexpectedly strong firewall! It was the sort of thing that could be bypassed, but not without spending a little time on decryption. Time they didn't have in a fight! Shit!

She grimaced and the armor over her right arm slid open, revealing guide rails that ejected her arc pistol from its concealed compartment into her hand.

"Old fashioned way it is."

Amplified Glitch: 1d20+15 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That figured. At least the drawing of the gun made anything afterward self-defense. But still, this being a very public place, Gorunta knew it wouldn't hurt to refrain from killing blows. In case of biased law enforcement, which he'd seen enough times. So he didn't touch his sword but just charged for the lashunta, being the one most on the ball and thus dangerous.

The Veskarium had a good many martial arts styles, and Gorunta had mastered a number of them. His most preferred was Ferra Mur, a hard style which prioritized defense over offense, and physical resilience along with solid powerful strikes. The downside was that initial strikes like the haymaker he started with were somewhat telegraphed when taking the initiative, and thus easily evaded.

Spoiler

Unarmed Attack, pulled for non-lethal.
Unarmed Attack: 1D20+7 = [4]+7 = 11

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jexa walks in with Jordayn, pleased at their escape from the trio that had been shadowing them, only to see a lashunta pull a pistol on Gorunta.

< Shit! Get some cover! > she thought to Jordan as she moved to acquire cover as well. With a swing of her arm Jexa's trusty arc pistol slide from the hidden storage compartment and into her hand with the capacitor humming to life. She watched as the Vesk swung at the lashunta, noting the reaction of the half-orcs who were obviously up to no good. And today half-orcs were working a nerve with Jexa. 

< Fuck'em up! We got your back. > she thought to Gorunta as she took aim at one of the half-orcs and squeezed the trigger. The capacitor released the stored up charge and the two-pronged crackled with electricity for a spit second before sending a small, crackling ball electricity across the bay and right at the half-orc.

Spoiler

Jexa is shooting one of the half-orcs with her Arc pistol. 
Attack: 1D20+5 => (16 + 5) = 21 to hit
and if that hit....
Damage: 1D6+4 => (5 + 4) = 9 Electrical damage (non-lethal) + Mystic Strike Feat "Your melee and ranged attacks count as magic for the purposes of bypassing damage reduction and other situations, such as attacking incorporeal creatures."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<This day is going sideways very fast,> Jordayn replied as he unholstered his arc pistol and dashed forward for cover behind some cargo crates. <Must mean we're on the right track.>

Jordayn peeked around the edge of the crates, judging the distance to Gorunta and his attackers (or was it his victims?). It was near the limit of the range of his mystic blessings, but he believed he could reach them. He and Jexa seemed to have arrived just as hostilities started. Gorunta looked to be in a fine fettle for a fight, but it wouldn't hurt to give him a bit of an edge.

Jordayn sang a quick prayer to Arshea to lend him a bit of her divine light and pointed at the Lashunta woman. A ball of gold and blue light appeared around the Lashunta's head, the will'o'wisp darting about, harrying and distracting her.

"Anyway we can talk about this before things devolve any further?" Jordayn called out, peering over the edge of the crates so only his eyes were visible?

Jordayn casts Wisp Ally (Core, p.385) and assigns it to provide Harrying Fire on the Lashunta (next attack on her before Jordayn's next turn gains a +2 Circumstance bonus). Spell lasts for 4 rounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"No!" Gorunta interjected. Really, the moment the lashunta pulled the pistol when he approached, that was too late for words. At least Jexa and Jordayn were around to help. Not that he needed it, but it was a sign of good character all the same. This time, with the lashunta thug distracted, he had his opening, grabbing the shooter by the arm and hauling in for one very painful headbutt.

Spoiler

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Covering Gorunta's back, Jexa squeezed off another shot from her arc pistol, this time at the baton wielding half-orc 'woman' that was already attempting to engage the Vesk, sending another tiny ball of lightning through the hair, leaving a faint scent of ozone in it's wake.

 

Spoiler

Jexa is shooting the half-orc with the baton with her Arc pistol. 
Attack: 1D20+5 => (11 + 5) = 16
and if that hit....
Damage: 1D6+4 => (2 + 4) = 6 Electrical damage (non-lethal) + Mystic Strike Feat

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Starfinder (D&D, Pathfinder) when you attack, you move on.  I roll to hit, I roll damage, if I hit or miss the games moves on.  So posting here for combat is fine with me.  The reason I'm doing it like I am in M&M is because every time you attack, there a resistance roll that needs to be made before that action can be resolved.  That one small mechanic makes it a little less smooth than a standard Starfinder combat action.

So yeah, doing it like this is cool with me.

Just do me a favor and skimp on the fluff (and I'm not implying anyone has).  We should be making sure that Nina's job is a easy as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Arshea's sigh, that's going to hurt," Jordayn commented to nobody as Gorunta hauled the Lashunta in for a headbutt. A healer and Priest-Companion of Arshea, Jordayn himself was no pacifist, though he did prefer that everyone was able to get back up afterward. Life was change and death was so very final... most of the time.

Following Jexa's lead, Jordayn readied his own arc pistol and aimed a shot at the half-orc, trying to level the field for Gorunta's tussle with the Lashunta.

 

Attack Roll; Damage Roll: 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20


1D6+2 = [6]+3 = 9

20 to Hit, for 9 Electrical Damage, Non-Lethal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Echo fiddled with the holograms hovering over her left arm, and the gleaming blue image formed into a kind of 'socket' type interface. She lined that up with her arc pistol, and there was a sudden flare of light as the holograms brightened, and the indicators on the pistol simultaneously lit up. A little warning buzzer on the weapon started to sound. Echo grinned.

She leaned out from behind the wall and her exocortex kicked in, highlighting the four hostiles and feeding targeting information back as she focused on the Lashunta that everyone seemed to have a hate-on for. Yeah, no brain-fuckery today, thanks.

The sound of the arc pistol charging for its shot was much louder than normal, and little sparks and twists of electrical discharge spun off the weapon and grounded in various objects near Echo. When it finally went off; the guide laser burning an ionized path through the atmosphere for a bolt of lightning to follow, it was like standing in the middle of a thunderstorm. A blinding flash of light. A thunderous clap. The smell of sizzling ozone.

A whole lotta pain for whoever got hit.

SHOOTY (with overcharge): 1d20+8 19 2d6+6 13

(Move action to target with exocortex, standard action to overcharge attack pistol. Pistol is set to stun, not lethal; if lashunta is already down, she'll target one of the other three, no particular preference...I guess the closest one)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Initiative at the ship will be

Jexa

Echo

Ninura

Jordayn

Gorunta

thugs

First round (probably the only round) is surprise round

you can start after my next post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if I held things up! With the holidays and such, I totally lost SF.

So where is Jexa on the ship? On the Bridge? Trying to figure out what she could do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jexa raised an eyebrow in surprised at Ninura's sudden, apparently aggressive, appearance.

"What the hells is your problem?" she said to the four-armed woman as she readied herself to dodge the poodu that was about to hit the oscillator.

(Holding action until somebody attacks.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lets get this going guys so far only Jexa has replied with action

Initiative is as follows below,  you have surprise

Jexa

Echo

Ninura

Jordayn

Gorunta

thugs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the cockpit, Echo turns the ship's defense grid on as well as the external PA system. The goblin and his crew see a turret slide out of a recessed port on the belly of the ship and swivel to point at them. A bored-sounding voice emerges from speakers near the airlock doors.

"Stand down and play nice, or I will blow a new crater into the spot..." she yawned, "...you guys are standing."

Intimidate: 1D20+2 = [4]+2 = 6

(Attempting to 'demoralize' the goblin, but I doubt that'll do it. :))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ninurna freezes claws raised to slash and looks up at the ship, her eyes wide with fear, directly into camera which makes it look like she is looking directly at Echo. Then with a deft move she spins and makes a series of cartwheels away from the ship and the three native thugs.

need jordayn and gorunta's actions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jordayn mentally facepalmed himself in frustration, then paused for an instant, making sure he hadn't actually done so physically. What had been going well enough had just turned sideways with the gods looking down in amusement. All for the sake of a genetically engineered pet. Arshea, what do you have in store for your priest?

"I apologize, as you can see, my companions are rather... agitated at the moment, justifiably, I think it should be clear," Jordayn said, trying to smooth things over, itching with the strain of keeping his hands from his stun-pistol and a prayer from his lips, though he hardly thought he could exacerbate matters worse than they already had been. "Just take your colleagues and go, and we'll do the same."

"Gorunta, get our unwanted visitors and toss them out of the ship before things go supernova," Jordayn whispered insistently into his comm-unit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Hoisting them up, pointy-ears." Gorunta replied as he worked on hefting and carrying the out cold forms of the hired muscle. "Unless you'd like to bravely add your delicate constitution to the task?" Though in truth Jordayn had his point - it shouldn't get so ridiculous, making the swap-off without causing a scene. What had gotten into Ninura anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a series of tight escapes, running through alleys and close calls, Sunshine and Evana approached the ship.

"Well, that was a heck of a series of tight escapes, running through alleys and close calls, but I think we're - home free." She paused, at the scene. Then she leveled her blaster at any still-extant hostiles.

Spoiler

Holding until Sunshine is sure she has to fire.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Oh, by the bloody Hells..." Evana grumbled as she took in what she was seeing.  She balanced a hand on Sunshine's head as she tried to slip her shoe back on.  "Because why, for a moment would I assume anything on their end hadn't gotten all mucked up."

She looked as the alien girl did cartwheels away from the ramp.  "I'm not being paid enough for this..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Action/posting order is as follows

Jexa

Gorunta

Jordayn

Sunshine

Evana

Bad guys

there are seven thugs  all are EAC 13 KAC 12 HP 12 all are armed with plasma guns

 then there is Clevus EAC 17 KAC 18 Hp 24 armed with a laser.

The Drow is not a combatant and the Mummy Priest is not in range/combat as of yet

After my post commence rounds. Post your actions in order in the main thread. Make sure your posts take into account the previous posts. I will let you know when the boss enters the combat until then any attacks at the boss or attempts to get to the boss will fail automatically so at this point concentrate on the thugs and clevus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...