Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Noir

OOC: D&D 5e: A New Age - Combat, Saves and so forth

Recommended Posts

As his momentum from the swing of the fleeing zombie turns him slightly, Krusk sees Arturs cornered and Delgath starting to move to help him. The large Half-orc begins to run toward Zombie #3 and prepares for a great attack. Above all else, Arturs must not be harmed for he is both innocent and the charge of these adventurers. He brings down his heavy sword on the zombie, imbuing his holy gift from Bahamut onto the forsaken enemy.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to the effect of Shayuri's Shocking Grasp spell, #6 cannot take reactions, so Krusk moves away from #6 without it getting an attack of opportunity on him.

Krusk deals 13 Slashing + 12 Radiant damage to #3.

#3 is DEAD

#1 moves to 3B and attacks Arturs with a Slam (with Disadvantage).
Attack roll #1: 1D20+2 => (18 + 3) = 21 = Hit
Attack roll #2: 1D20+3 => 4 = Miss!
With Disadvantage (thanks to Eon's Vicious Mockery spell), it must take the lower of the 2 rolls, so it misses Arturs!

#6 attacks Rhosh with a Slam
Attack vs AC 15: 1D20+3 => (6 + 3) = 9 = Miss!

End of Round 2.

Undead recap

#1: 14 HP remaining
#2: ~ DEAD ~
#3: ~ DEAD ~

#4: 15 HP remaining + TURNED until round 11 (or takes damage)
#5: 15 HP remaining + TURNED until round 11 (or takes damage)
#6: 7 HP remaining 

#1 and #6 will be able to act/attack this round, unless they are killed before their turn.

large.battle_map3.jpg.a148bb680a1f6ec61a

Round 3 begins!

Dread is up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The giant warrior cursed to himself as one of the zombies slipped past his guard and took a swipe at Arturs.  He'd told the boy to fight defensively and, of course, what did the apprentice do?  The exact opposite.  His an angry sigh and a heave he kicked the zombie in it's right flank.  As it staggered off balance he took a swing at it with a wide arc, hid blade digging deep into it's side, shearing it's arm off in the process.

It slammed against the wall with a squishy thud, and moaned, gurgling up fluids.  When it pushed itself off the wall in a lazy gait Dread rolled his eyes.  He'd already had enough of these things and they just wouldn't quit.  He bellowed his annoyance with a shout as he threw his dagger into the shambling corpse.  It pierced its skull all the way to the hilt and when the cross guard prevented it from burying further it carried the zombies head with it all the way back to the wall, lifting the zombie with it.  The dagger lodged into the stone wall and the zombie hung from it like cloak in a homes foyer.

He was now in a position to guard Arturs from further attacks.  He swung his about his hand, looking to the others who had finally take one down.  "Should I slow down, maybe give you guys some time to catch up?  There's four of you over there... quit screwing around!"

"Amateurs."  He shook his head then looked to Arturs.  "You.  Stay put."

Spoiler

Roll(2d20)+6: 9,19,+6

Sword - Roll(1d8)+4: 6,+4 Total: 10
Dagger - Roll(2d4)+4: 3,4,+4 Total: 11 (Critical Hit!)

Dread will remain in his square to take advantage of AoO against any zombie attempting to go after Arturs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice hits!

#1 gets to make a Will save for Undead Fortitude to see if it dies or not.

1D20-2 => (13 - 2) = 11 = FAIL!

#1 is dead!

Undead recap

#1: ~ DEAD ~
#2: ~ DEAD ~
#3: ~ DEAD ~

#4: 15 HP remaining + TURNED until round 11 (or takes damage)
#5: 15 HP remaining + TURNED until round 11 (or takes damage)
#6: 7 HP remaining 

#1 and #6 will be able to act/attack this round, unless they are killed before their turn.

 

Eon is up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eon's gonna attack number 7 in the hopes of taking it out of the fight.

Thrust: 1d20+5 25 Striking with superlative style!

Follow Through: 2d8+3 16

Eon tisks in derision.

"You know, Dread. I think I understand why you have to compensate so much. Maybe if you took some of the dick out of your personality, you'd have been able to satisfy some of those poor women."

He casually steps to the side, the tip of his blade a flicker of glinting steel as it first tears the throat of one of the zombies and then pierces through the eyesocket and punches clean through the back of it's head. The zombie gives a briefly terminated groan as he withdraws the blade and it drops like a sack of potatos.

"Besides. I thought your were supposed to be awesome? Am I supposed to be impressed yet? What stories I will be able to tell. Brave and mighty Dread. OF such skill that he was overcome by zombies and needed his party to bail him out. Tisk tisk."

The derision in his voice was thick enough to be a physical thing. Could have been, if he had projected it a bit more.

"Hurt is hurt, if it makes them easier to kill, stop bitching and fucking kill them."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL!

The zombie fails it's Undread Fortitude save.

#6 is dead!

Undead recap

#1: ~ DEAD ~
#2: ~ DEAD ~
#3: ~ DEAD ~

#4: 15 HP remaining + TURNED until round 11 (or takes damage)
#5: 15 HP remaining + TURNED until round 11 (or takes damage)
#6: ~ DEAD ~

Okay. This is round #3 and the last two undead are at 115 HP and turned. I know full well you can just curb stomp them as a group,since you can all attack one before it acts, and then do the same with the other, so no need to play it all out. By the end of Round 4 at the latest, they are all dead, or double dead or whatever. Heh.

This was to get a feel for combat and so people could see how it goes. Good job everybody.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sorceress cries out in surprise and alarm when the boy lunges at her! She recoils and lashes out in a counterpush that probably wouldn't have worked against a foe her own weight or more...but against this much smaller opponent she's able to shove him aside, causing him to stumble past her rather than grab onto her!

Dex Acrobatics: 1d20+6 23

Even so, he's not startled or disoriented...in a heartbeat he's recovered and whirled around, ready to try again!

(On her turn)

She casts a spell, and lightning dances around her right hand. With a quick twist of her waist, Shayuri makes a lunge of her own! The boy is small though, and quick. Most of the fury of her spell is wasted, but a lick of electricity arcs from her hand to the creature. Though it does little damage, it still causes the boy to momentarily convulse and spasm...giving the sorceress an opportunity to fall back!

Shocking Grasp: 1d20+7 19 1d8 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Krusk is paralyzed for a few moments and then looks around in surprise. He is bewildered and unsure what to do in this situation. Nothing like this has every happened to him before and his training was lacking in anything similar. As the woman whips her head back and hisses, Krusk pushes his hand and the woman's away and takes a few steps back, slightly on his back heels. He draws his weapon.

 

Constitution Save = 16 + 3 = 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not going with a map for this skirmish unless requested. The room is small, 15'x15' or so, roughly square with an unlit silver incense brazier in each corner and the floor is covered in a large rug. Delgath, Shayuri and Krusk are in the room with the rest of the PCs in the hall.

 

We will try something a little different for this initiative. Since almost all the PCs (except Krusk) have roughly the same Initiative bonus (+3 or +4), post in whatever order you like to establish initiative order, but the 'woman' acts 3rd, while the 'boy' acts 5th and the 'girl' 8th.

In order of action:

1) 
2)
3) 'Woman' - AC 16, 25 HP
4)
5) 'Boy' - AC 14 with 16 HP
6)
7)
8) 'Girl' - AC 14 with 16 HP
9)

The woman and the kids all suffer half damage from Slashing damage and are immune to Piercing damage, Sleep, Charm and Paralysis effects.

If the woman or either kid touches a character, they must make a Con save vs Paralysis. If a character has already made a save from one of them, then they do not need to save again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With my lower Dexterity, it makes sense that I would probably go closer to 6-7 or even 9 so I'll go in whichever one is left open by the group.

 

As the witch hisses at Krusk, he is taken slightly aback as he draws his weapon and points it toward her crouching form. "This will be the last time you fool someone. How vile and terrible of a creature are you to abuse the sanctity of a person's good nature? No more... and now..." he lunges toward the witch with the large sword... "time to end you".

 

Attack Roll = (7+7) = 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A litany of curses spewed from Dread's mouth, 'whore', 'harlot' and several others that would have been enough to make a Celebrant of Sharess blush.  In a dizzying blur he kicked at the witch, which she dodged only to end up leaping in the direction of his blade as he swung the heavy steel directly to impede her escape from him.  It was a decent enough feint on Dread's part, but he knew she wouldn't fall for it a second time.

"Cursed whore!" he belittled her as his blade bit deep into her flesh.  "Back to the Hells with you!"

Attack: Roll(1d20)+6: 17,+6 Total:23
Damage: Roll(1d10)+4: 7,+4 Total:11

I'm operating on the assumption a 23 hit, if not then some minor editing will fix the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah. For once Krusk got initiative. Heh.

The woman is taking the Attack action and will claw at Dread with both attacks.

Attack #1: 1D20+2 => (12 + 2) = 14 vs AC 16 = Miss!

Attack #2: 1D20+2 => (5 + 2) = 7 vs AC 16 = Miss!

 

Order of action so far...

1)  Krusk
2) Dread
3) 'Woman' - AC 16, 14/25 HP
4)
5) 'Boy' - AC 14 with 16/16 HP
6)
7)
8) 'Girl' - AC 14 with 16/16 HP
9)

Shayuri, Rhosh, Eon and Artus still need to act. Artus will likely go last, assuming you guys know better what to do than him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a week and a half since anybody posted, so I guess I just have to assume that Shayuri, Eon and Rhosh just stand there, stunned unless they post today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Look out!" Shayuri warned. "We need to thin this group out before they can start freezing us!"

She summoned magic, and exhaled a torrent of flame that swept through the room! All three ghouls...and Delgath...were in the cone of devastation! But knowing that she had an ally in front of her sapped the sorceress of some of that vital will to do harm, perhaps. The flames were relatively tepid in temperature as she held back her worst.

Burning Hands: 3d6 7
(Dex save DC 15 for half)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boy and girl attack Shayuri.

Boy Attack #1: 1D20+2 => (5 + 2) = 7 = Miss!

Boy Attack #2: 1D20+2 => (6 + 2) = 8 = Miss!

Girl Attack #1: 1D20+2 => (16 + 2) = 18 = Hit!

Girl Attack #2: 1D20+2 => (18 + 2) = 20 = Hit!

Damage
1D6+2 => (5 + 2) = 7 slashing damage

1D6+2 => (1 + 2) = 3 slashing damage

Total of 10 slashing damage to Shayuri

 

Order of action so far...

1) Krusk
2) Dread
3) 'Woman' - AC 16, 7/25 HP
4) Shayuri
5) 'Boy' - AC 14 with 9/16 HP
6)
7)
8) 'Girl' - AC 14 with 9/16 HP
9)

 

Krusk, you are up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Krusk moves his sword over his head, all the way so that the tip of the blade comes close to hitting the ground. He loses his focus for a moment, becoming angry and feeling hatred within him for the woman in front if him.

"Stop moving and just die already!" he screams to the abomination.

Attack with Greatsword = 7+7 = 14

Frustrated at himself and furious at the mockery of life that the evil being in front of him presents, he roars to the woman.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The gout of flames seared past Dread, his skin reddened and his teeth clenched to fight off the pain, but still he moved on to the task at hand.  The pain only stiffened his resolve as he entered the fray with new found vigor.

With violence in his eyes he spun about and lashed his sword downward across the back of one of the ghoulish children that seemed to have something against the sorceress.  No, he and the Sorceress had some words to share, and no one was killing her until then.  "This kobold is not for you, children..."

The little bastard slipped swiftly beneath the arc of the swing skittering about the floor with speed and agility that was beginning to irritate the swordsman.

Spoiler

Roll(1d20)+6: 6,+6 Total:12

Miss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The woman is taking the Attack action and will claw at Dread with both attacks.

Attack #1: 1D20+2 => (10 + 2) = 12 vs AC 16 = Miss!

Attack #2: 1D20+2 => (11 + 2) = 13 vs AC 16 = Miss!

 

Shayuri is up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shayuri cursed softly as the flames of her spell were relatively ineffective. She was in precisely the wrong spot for this fight...wedged in among monsters while the warriors stood impotently behind her. Time to reposition.

She waved her dagger around, fending off the ghoul-children's claws as she backed up away from them and up the hall a bit...making room for those more inclined to get their hands dirty.

(Taking Withdraw action and scooting back away from the ghoulies, up the stairs as far as I can so other folks can charge heroically in)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My hero...

By the gods, you have a dagger, use it!

Eventually Dread will stand aside and demand others begin holding their own.  There is no written law that says Sorcerer's can't roll around in the muck and fight.

Dread was impressed with your use of fire... now he is rolling his eyes.  Hang your head in shame Kobold!  SHAME!  SHAME!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Shayuri's defense, she IS getting double-teamed, whereas Dread and Krusk are double-teaming a single enemy.

There are no stairs though, just a narrow hallway that leads to this rather small room.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The boy snarls and turns his attention to Dread.

Attack #1: 1D20+2 => (3 + 2) = 5 vs AC 16 = Miss!

Attack #2: 1D20+2 => (15 + 2) = 17 vs AC 16 = Hit!

Damage: 1D6+2 => (6 + 2) = 8 Slashing damage.

 

The girl stays focused on Shayuri

Attack #1: 1D20+2 => (13 + 2) = 15 = Miss!

Attack #2: 1D20+2 => (19 + 2) = 21 = Hit!

Damage: 1D6+2 => (4 + 2) = 6 Slashing damage (Supposing Shayuri does not weasel out of the damage. :P )

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moving into melee range does not incur an AoO. Moving out of melee without disengage manuver doez though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ghoul child leapt up on to the mighty warrior, its massive talons dug deep into his flesh as it clamped to remain a hold of him.  The great warrio bellowed in pain as all sense and reason fled form his eyes and they were consumed with the intense desire to crush his enemy.  Its fanged mouth opened wide to bite into the flesh of his throat and as its head lashed forward a mighty fist kept it from it's mark, slamming ito it with the force of a battering ram.  The pale creature cocked to one side, shaking off the impact with a childlike moan and a shake of it's head to get its bearing.  It lunged again and a mighty fist punched it a second it a second time.  It shook off the blow with several blinks of its eyes to shoo off the dizzying spots.

The child's eyes swelled up with fear at the realization that the large man had a grip on its ankle.  Dread winced and screamed in agony as he tore the child undead from his body and proceeded to slam it all about.  The walls, the floor, the ceiling, no direction was safe from the violent flailing of the indomitable champion.  Sated that the fell beast had had enough he savagely flailed it against the floor a few more times and threw it down, stomping on its head with a primal grunt.  Gore splattered as the wound made the foulest of sounds.

Spoiler

Attack: Roll(1d20)+6: 19,+6 Total:25 (Critical Hit)
Damage: Roll(1d3)+4: 2,+6 Total:8 (x2 = 16 damage)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...