D&D 5e game moving here & looking for more players

Noir

I am looking for one or more players to come into a D&D 5e game that I had just started elsewhere, but am moving here. Several players had to drop out, but two of the original players are going to be coming here as well. The game has barely started, and rather than restart from the beginning, I will just give a little backstory and you guys will start, ready to go.

PCs start at 4th and there is currently a Dragonborn Rogue and a Half-Orc Paladin. I will post character gen if there is interest.

The basics of the setting is drawn from a couple of different sources, mainly that these demons/monstrosities started showing up more and more, and we more and more powerful, feeding off of negative emotions. The dragons shared with people a way to build shelters underground and ward them for protection, essentially denying the monstrosities their food source in order to wait them out. Generations have past inside the shelters and now people are re-emerging into a new world, radically changed during their isolation. Some left their their shelters years ago, , months ago, days ago and some even still sealed.

So the PCs are young, soon to be heroes in this new world that must be explored and reclaimed as the survivors try to peace it back together. It is not exactly apocalyptic with vast wastelands (or at least not that anybody has seen), but rather the world is rejuvenated with nature (and monsters) having reclaimed the land and changed it. People are scared, having come out of such extended isolation and are badly in need of hope.

Somewhat, yes. Mostly in so much as they have to explore the world again and rebuild and so on.

People are scared, as living outside and above ground is totally new to them after living in the shelters for generations. The land is strange to them, and there are many new and terrible threats. So the people need hope and heroes and brave souls to explore and map and so on.

It is totally not because it allows me to make up as we go either. Pfft. Who would even think that?

Heh. 

The majority of NPCs are Commoners, with people having an actual class being kind of standouts for their skill/training/power.

D&D PHB races and classes to keep it simple.

I shall make a Yuan-Ti Mystic!

what?!

Hehe, kidding of course.

I'll wait and see what other folks are doing before I commit, I think. I don't have a strong preference, though a monk is something I haven't played before and it could be interesting.

Is the dragonborn rogue focused on stealth, or...what's his deal?

Despite my noted antipathy towards DnD as a whole (ask Noir. I've been colourful in my distaste for the system. :P), I'm certainly interested. I need to read over the book to see if anything actually jumps out at me, though.

Hey all. I'm playing the dragonborn rogue (Rhosh Lixis) and went down the thievery path. I originally built him as an assassin with the charlatan background, but I couldn't see how a dragonborn was going to make good use of a disguise kit, so...one thing led to another and now he's a thief with the criminal background. So far all we really know about him is he can't handle too much alcohol, he has been known to look for his missing tail while inebriated, and he doesn't like to pay for his own drinks.

As for the story, Noir has a great tale with a touch of murder mystery feel to it. We have been able to recruit an NPC roughly level 0.75 to be our guide so I am personally really pumped to see what happens next!

I'm considering this, I won't lie.  I'm on the same playing field with Kao though, I quit D&D for Pathfinder.

For now though, considering a Human Champion... LN... basically a Two-Weapon wielding Madmartigan.  And if you have to google Madmartigan... we can't be friends.

Lemme know what sort of caps your looking for in terms of players and whatnot, hell, I might just stat him up just to make a 5e character.  Never done one before.  If the Fighter thing don't work out or you need a change of pace, I can play a Wizard/Sorcerer.  I can't do Clerics... it's hard to play a character who worships a god knowing that I am one.  It's awkward.

Champion dual wielding fighter, valor bard, paladin, rogue

We appear to need more dakka.

A bard can do buffs and healing reasonably well.

Perhaps some arcane firepower is in order via sorceror. Or I could do a light cleric and do party support AND blast spells.

Hmm...

I am in the process of discovering what I like. :)

I kind of like everything, ya see, so I always try to get a feel for where I want to fit into the group.

Very melee-heavy party means I can make someone who hangs back and engages from range. Powerful spells are wise. Sorceror and cleric both fit that bill.

Considering ideas now.

Archived