Deadlands: The Flood

The Story Guide

I am going to run the Plot Point Campaign The Flood for Deadlands Reloaded. It is standard character creation and if I get enough players you guys should be prepared to be split up into two smaller parties. Otherwise this is just regular Savage Worlds fast and furious fun!

Questions, comments, and character ideas are to be posted here! :)

I know nothing of the system, so I'm researching.

I will more than likely resurrect Hadicall Cerano for this since he was already designed for a western setting (Wild West Scion, back in the day).  He'll be loosely modeled off of Chris Pratt's character in Magnificent 7.

Alright, this is what I got... someone who has a character generator is welcome to go over it to make sure I got it right.  The Attributes and the Skills and Edges were taken directly from the Pistoleer archetype from the Savage Worlds book.

When it comes to equipment, I'll pay for the weapons and stuff, but I'll be honest, I'm doing a complete itemized inventory.  I'm assuming he has what he needs to survive in the west.  I paid for a horse, his two pistols and his bowie knife.  That came out to about $186 of his $250.  After that I just eyeballed the rest leaving him with a fair amount of about 20 bucks left.  So he dropped 44 dollars on random equipment that make sense (a few cigars, a change of clothes, saddle, saddle bags, etc...).  I'm the 'Oh, wit, he's got one of those, it's just not on his sheet!' kind of players.

I'm hoping someone can double check my work while I finish up his background.

Spoiler

Name: Hadicall Cerano, Human Gunslinger
XP: -

Agility d8 | Smarts d6 | Spirit d6 | Strength d6 | Vigor d6

Derived Stats (Base/Mod):
Pace 6/6 | Parry 5/5 | Toughness 5/5 | Grit ?/? | Charisma -/-

Skills:
Boating (Ag): -
Climbing (St): -
Driving (Ag): -
Fighting (Ag): d6
Gambling (Sm): -
Healing (Sm): -
Intimidation (Sp): -
Investigation (Sm): -
Knowledge (Sm): d6
Lock Picking (Ag): -
Notice (Sm): d6
Persuasion (Sp): -
Piloting (Ag): -
Repair (Sm): -
Riding (Ag): d4
Shooting (Ag): d10
Stealth (Ag): -
Streetwise (Sm): -
Survival (Sm): -
Swimming (Ag): -
Taunt (Sm): d6
Throwing (Ag): -
Tracking (Sm): -

Edges: Ambidextrous, Two-Fisted,
Hindrances: Heroic (Ma), Code of Honor (Ma), Loyal (Mi), Enemy (Mi)

Weapon: Colt Peacemaker (2) (12/24/48, 2d6+1, 6cy), Bowie Knife (Str+d4+1)
Armor: Clothes on his back, duster, etc...
Stuff: Horse, Saddlebags, Saddle, typical adventuring ammenities.

Dinero: $20...ish.

A few notes:

I'll run an OOC combat thread with combats since I'll need to do initiatives for everyone. The card system it uses makes it impossible to allow each person to deal their own (it's supposed to come out of the same deck for changing the likelihood of pulling a Joker). 

I would appreciate if people would 1) make a character profile, and 2) put their sheet in a spoiler box in the signature of said profile. It makes referencing character sheets must simpler. Also for simplicity if people could just list the skills they have, that would make scanning easier.

That's all for now!

12 hours ago, Dave ST said:

When it comes to equipment, I'll pay for the weapons and stuff, but I'll be honest, I'm doing a complete itemized inventory.  I'm assuming he has what he needs to survive in the west.  I paid for a horse, his two pistols and his bowie knife.  That came out to about $186 of his $250.  After that I just eyeballed the rest leaving him with a fair amount of about 20 bucks left.  So he dropped 44 dollars on random equipment that make sense (a few cigars, a change of clothes, saddle, saddle bags, etc...).  I'm the 'Oh, wit, he's got one of those, it's just not on his sheet!' kind of players.

That's fine as far as just gear goes (yes, you've got some ropes and pitons, or whatever), but there will come times when I get stingy on "just how much water/food do you have on you?" I'll let you guys know when I'm going to start tallying that, though and you can start out with a reasonable amount without having to penny-pinch.

This is my submission. if approved you will need to do some draws for her horse and her veteran edge. I'll do a profile and sig after approval and editing for the draw results.

Name: Rebecca “Becca” Towne, Human Gunslinger        index.jpeg

XP: 20

Agility d8| Smarts d4 | Spirit d8 | Strength d6 | Vigor d8

Derived Stats (Base/Mod):
Pace 6/6 | Parry 5/5 | Toughness 6/6 | Grit 3/3| Charisma -/-

Skills:
Boating (Ag): -
Climbing (St): -
Driving (Ag): -
Fighting (Ag): d6
Gambling (Sm): -

Guts (Spirit): d6
Healing (Sm): -
Intimidation (Sp): d6
Investigation (Sm): -
Knowledge (Sm): d4

Knowledge (Occult) (Sm): d6
Lock Picking (Ag): -
Notice (Sm): d4
Persuasion (Sp): -
Piloting (Ag): -
Repair (Sm): -
Riding (Ag): d6
Shooting (Ag): d10
Stealth (Ag): -
Streetwise (Sm): -
Survival (Sm): -
Swimming (Ag): -
Taunt (Sm): -
Throwing (Ag): -
Tracking (Sm): -

Edges: Veteran o' the Weird West, Hip- Shooting, True Grit
Hindrances: Grim Servant O'Death (Ma), Wanted (Mi), Illiterate (Mi), Vengful (ma), Heroic (ma)

Weapon: Colt Peacemaker (12/24/48, 2d6+1, 6cy), LeMat Revolver/Shotgun (12/24/48, 2d6, 9cy) (5/10/20, 1-3d6, 1)Winchester '76 (24/48/96, 2d8, 15)
Armor: Clothes on his back, duster, etc...
Stuff: El Cheapo Horse, Saddlebags, Saddle, Boots, Duster, Good Blouse, Work Shirt (2), Trousers, Bedroll, Canteen, Cigarillo (5), Box of Matches, Mess Kit, Rope 50', Gunbelt, Quick Draw Holster, Regular Holster, Rifle Boot, Stetsen,

Dinero: 3.25

Hindrance Points 4

4 points to raise 2 Attributes (Spirit and Vigor) by 1 dice each

Advances: 4

1 advance to raise spirit to d8

1 advancement to raise riding and Intimidation by 1 dice each

1 Advancement to gain the Edge Hip-shooting

1 Advancement to Gain the Edge True Grit

BACKSTORY

Becca Towne was the daughter of a frontier lawman who caught the ire of a particularly ruthless and brutal bunch of outlaws. When she was just 11. these outlaws decended on the Towne homestead and slaughtered her parents, brothers, and sister after brutalizing the women, including her, and torturing the men. They burned the home and took the livestock. But they made a mistake. They left her for dead, but she wasn't.

She was found by the townsfolk and saved. Her Folks buried she stay with the local Reverend who was a hell and brimstone preacher. She would sit and listen to his fiery sermons and let her own thirst for vengeance simmer. After a little more than a year after the slaughter of her family Becca, lit out with nothing but the clothes on her back her dads old lemat revolver which the outlaws had missed and 10 dollars she stole from the preachers wife.

Over the years Becca sought her vengeance on the outlaws, the band split and gone their separate ways she has tracked them all over the west becoming a merciless spirit of vengeance in her own right, Her vow to her dead family to send each and every one of them screaming down to hell.

Yet even with a heart as black as those she chases she has the kernel of light nestled deep inside wich can be roused by the plight of the innocent or the helpless. There was no one there when she needed someone so she will be damned if she lets someone, anyone, suffer the same as she had.

ty

I rolled a 8 - Evil Deeds: An insidious manitou convinces the hero that someone or something is evil, and must be stopped. Each time the character gets this result, his madness is more pronounced. At first he may only talk
badly about his “enemies.” Later on he might attempt to ruin or even kill them.

let me know if that works or if you want to choose one yourself.

The books says you can only take 1 Major + 2 Minor Hindrances and you can take more beyond that, but get no points for them.  So are we allowed more than the 1 Major + 2 Minor Hindrances, or are people just taking extra ones as pure RP fodder and not getting points for the extras? Because of the PCs so far, one has 2 Major + 2 Minor and the other 3 Major + 2 Minor Hindrances.

Tabitha Charlene "Charlie" Whitman

large.Tabitha.jpg.6b4c6cdc63876eef373407

Background:
Tabitha is an only child, but not by her parents' choice. You see, her ma died given birth, leaving her pa alone, with a newborn baby girl. The Whitman's were good folk, and never did nothin' to nobody to deserve this. He got some help from some of the womenfolk in town after they heard of the tragedy, but in the end, it was up to him to raise his little girl. Her pa didn't know nothing 'bout raising no girl though, so he did the only thing he could do. He raised her like a boy.  He took to calling her "Charlie" from time to time too. He did the best he could to raise her right though, teachin her to be a good person, charitable, and have faith in the good book. 

He also needed help on the ranch though, a ranch that one day would belong to her, so her taught her how to ride, rope, live off the land, shoot and even fistfight to protect herself, and boy did she take to it like a duck to water. She could rope with the best of cattle hands, track down rustlers, and pick off wolves with her trusty Winchester while riding at a full gallop.

Good thing she could fight too, because that girl wasn't afraid of nuthin, and despite her father's lessons, she had a vengeful streak in her a mild wide. She would help folks out and never abandon a friend, but if you done her wrong, then she was gonna make things right, and was stubborn as an ass to make sure it happened too.

Despite their best efforts, the herd and ranch began to decline over the years from the weather, predators, rustlers or whatever. And then came the raid. They wurnt sure just who it was... rustlers, braves, outlaws, cattle barons or some sorta critter.. take yer pick, but they fought like hell to protect their land and herd, but it didn't do no good. The to of them barely got out of their with their lives and in the fight her pa got hurt. And it wurnt no normal wound neither. The doc in town was outta his depth, so they had no choice but to seek proper medical care in the city.

Now with her pa gettin some help, Tabitha is on her way her way out west, hoping she can use what her pa taught her to seek out some very profitable work to take care of her pa and hopefully one day start a new ranch. She didn't like trains much, but time was a wasitn', so she bought a ticket, stuffed her last ten dollars in her pocket and hopped aboard with her saddlebags over her shoulder and her horse in tow...

Becca - I have your Evil Deeds:

Those foreigners in Shan Fan, they be up to no good. They're not just settlin' the west from the west (which is messed up and backwards anyways - or at least sideways), but by God they've got to be why the Weird West is so dang weird! I mean, jus' listin' them funny words they use and look at the way they dress. Now, that's not to say all o' them are in on it, but how ya gonna tell one of the few good 'uns from all the bad 'uns?

Personal Information

Identity: Wei Fang

Marital Status: Single

Living Relatives:  Keung (father), Lien Hua (mother), Shen (eldest brother), Peng (second eldest brother), Delun (third eldest brother), Jian (maternal uncle)

Allegiance(s): The Jade Dragons

Physical Traits

Weight: 105 lbs

Height: 5’3”

Apparent age: late teens

Eye Color: Brown

Hair Color: Black

Handedness: Right

Appearance and Personality

Personality: Charming and spoiled in turns, Fang is a bright, cheerful young woman. She has never known a day of need or want, and she in turn tends to be generous with what she does have out of a surety that there’s always more where that came from. As the only daughter, her mother treated her as a small doll, dressing her in fine silks and decorating her from birth.

Philosophy: If Fang has a philosophy, it’s that life is wonderful. She is protected from much of her family’s criminal acts, and while she’s aware that it is a crime syndicate, she has no idea of the misery her family contributes in their daily operations for the Jade Dragons. She has a very rose-glasses view of the world and especially her place in it. The only place she’s ever strived for anything not already in her grasp is the training her uncle has given her. At her father’s insistence, Fang has been taught to defend herself with gun and blade and hands, despite her ever-present guards. Though it’s very real and serious training, Fang sees it as a game.

Appearance: Small like her mother, Fang is delicately framed with long black hair and large doe-like eyes. She usually dresses in fine silk cheongsams, adorned with jewelry and perfumes. She speaks softly and demurely--until she is in the dojo with her uncle. There, she fights and sweats and shouts like one of her father’s men, much to her mother’s distress.

History

Keung came to America in his teens, with only the clothing on his back and his wits. He rapidly ingratiated himself to the most powerful of the Triads ruling Shan Fan, the Jade Dragons. He became a trusted lieutenant in the organization, and solidified his base of power -- and his wealth. He sent back to China for a wife, getting a quiet, demure, pretty woman, Lien Hua.

He courted her and they fell in love. They married quickly and she was soon pregnant and determined to be a proper wife. Though Lien had first pleased Keung, now she bored him. She gave him three sons and a daughter, while he kept a mistress on the side for excitement. Lien accepts this as normal, if somewhat unpleasant state of affairs. She focused on her children, watching as the boys grew up and joined the Triads, helping their father maintain the family’s position. Fang was solely hers, aside from Keung’s insistence that the girl be capable of defending herself.

When she turned eighteen, Fang asked her father for a trip to the East Coast of the United States. She was curious about the rest of this continent but he didn’t want her to go that far away. He refused, and she begged. Everyday for an entire year, she plead with him to be allowed to go. When he asked (with no small trepidation) what she wanted for her nineteenth birthday, she said only a trip east. He finally relented when he realized she’d never stop asking.

Fang left Shan Fan by rail with three companions and twelve guards. Her trip was a mix of fun and frustration; for the first time, she saw the depths of racism in her homeland, but she also met good people and saw amazing sights. After a couple of months on the East Coast, she reluctantly boarded a train headed west...

Archived