IC: S1:E1 - Welcome to Hero High!

Dave ST

Interesting. Curtis filed away that display, even as he suspected Cosima's spoiled behavior was going to get Steele's ire again. "Well, it's not onto me to explain to the interim Headmaster as to why your bed is out there. But then, you do love to talk, so I shan't worry about that." It was time to make a break from her aura of vacuousness, so Curtis promptly left and headed for his room.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was precisely as they anticipated, the rest of the day flew by in blur, but the boredom was a constant.  There was only so much talking, goofing around or getting to know one another a single group could do.  In the end the ladies went for 'girl talk' and to help the drama queen move her things in, while the guys went their way for some bonding and to get their own affairs in order.  Either way they didn't have much of a choice since they weren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Oh, well... at least their first day was a blast!

Director Steele's office...

The twins stood in front of Director Steele as he glared at them menacingly.  "...and your appraisal?"

Teres took a deep breath, considering her words carefully.  "Dey'are a good group.  Keiko is... a bit of an exuberant soul but I do not believe she means any real harm.  She's also lying.  Her eye may not work, but she can 'see' perfectly.  I do not know how.  Cosima is a Prima Donna, but she seems to possess a decent soul.  She was kind and charitable to her classmates, even if dey'were a bit overwhelmed by her lavish comforts.  Connie appears to be still going through some culture shock, being here in d'United States, but she is wise beyond her years.  Tatiana... much like Keiko, doesn't seem to mean any harm, but carries a constant ship on her shoulder... had hardly a pleasant thing to say aside from seemingly being a fan of Cosima's... 'acting'.  D'Riley... triplets?  Sweet girls, pure as the driven snow, almost to the point of boring.  Ms. Evermore is a treat, I must say.  She seems quick to friends and was not only polite, but inquisitive about my brother and I.  She seems very concerned with establishing relationships, and that is good."

"I see."  The Director took some notes and looked back at the pair.  His deep voice made the large office seem small and stuffy.  "Anything else to add?"

"No."  Teres said softly.  It was not hard to tell that she was intimidated by the massive guy sitting across from where she stood.

"So I don't have another batch of Astoviks on my hands?"  Steele asked, raising one of his eyebrows up.

Teres shook her head, but Tomas decided to speak for her.  "D'Astoviks are terrible people, nothing we can do will change that.  D'ere powers didn't make them that way, d'ere father and d'ere lifestyle did.  But d'ese new students?  D'ey are good people."

"That remains to be seen.  Took them all of an hour to break every rule set before the entire school."

"With respect," Tomas boed his head with witty smirk already forming.  "D'ose rules are stupid.  We are teenagers, with powers... you can't expect us not to use d'em, or get into trouble with d'em from time to time.  D'is is how we learn.  We are kids.  We have to make d'mistakes before we can learn from them.  Has Teres and I been there, we'd had done d'same thing.  D'ose people needed to be stopped."

"Duely noted."  The Director replied with a dead pan expression.  ""Stupid.  Got it.  And were you normal teens, I'd agree, but normal teens don't level entire city blocks when they decide to throw a temper tantrum."

"No, we sit by and watch d'adults toss nuclear weapons on one another, drive bys, organized crime, human trafficking... but hey, you grown ups got it all figured out, so who are we to judge."

Director Steele sighed at the young man's defiant tone.  He diced to simply let it go, the argument would get them nowhere.  "Your report on the others, Tomas."

"D'boys are rather ordinary.  Rick is quiet, and a bit aloof.  I do not see him being an issue.  Sebastian is a momma's boy, raised on a farm and has to remind us every moment what his 'Pa' or 'Ma' used to say.  He is a good soul, but seems to have confrontational streak a mile wide.  He doesn't back down from perceived wrongs.  Danny played his part perfectly, managed to rile up Sebastian pretty good.  The group was rightfully offended, and Teres played it off well enough, but she was fearful that Sebastian may start a brawl."

"Mhm, go on."  Steele scribbled more notes, but didn't look up from his paper.

"Mister Shane, he is... hard to pin down.  He is highly intelligent, we know d'at much, but I do not believe d'ey have a name for d'spectrum he is on.  His ability to socialize and empathize is practically non-existant.  Not to imply... but if pets start missing, I'd wager we start with him.  He seemed more concerned with people's powers and capabilities d'en with d'people themselves."

"A spy then?"  Steele looked up from his notes now, sternly looking at Tomas.

"Definite possibility.  We have enemies out d'ere, d'at is t'be sure."

Director Steele sighed and nodded softly.  "Very well.  Thank you, both of you.  Dismissed."  The twins left and the door closed behind them.  He took a few moments to jot some more lines of notes down and picked up the phone.  He dialed a number and waited.  "Steele, Marcus, 772 Echo Zulu 91453."

"I wish to file my report."  He said firmly.  "There is a new batch of kids here.  We may need to look at starting a file, their scores are... impressive to say the least.  Of course, patch me through, I'll hold."

Somewhere dark and shadowy later that night...

With a hood pulled up and over, it was difficult for anyone to make out the gender of the figure looming in the shadows not far off the grounds of Claremont.  They were only a a quarter of a mile outside Peter's Wood, but that didn't make it any less creepy.  Most people didn't even come this far now a days since rumors of monsters living in the wood had spread almost all through Emerald City.

"Right on time, I like that."  Came a voice from a far.  "Did you get what we asked for?"

"Not yet."  The hooded figure replied, looking around for the source of the voice.

"Pray tell, why not?"

"Are you serious,"  the figure in the hoodie replied.  "It's the first day.  People were everywhere, new students were coming and going... we all had to do the typical syllabus and meet and greet stuff.  I can get what you want, but it will take time.  Quietly takes time.  I can do loud, if you like."

"Quietly is what we asked, you shall have your time.  We will contact you later for an update.  Do not fail us."

"Yeah, yeah..."  Hoodie waved the voice off.  "Just have my payment ready."

Spoiler

Episode 1 is complete.  YAY!

• Matt changed the title to IC: S1:E1 - Welcome to Hero High!

Archived