Aberrant Character Ideas/Builds and Exp over nova points in the long run

Red Ghost

Hello everyone im new to the forums.:) So i would just like to Hear any of anyones character ideas to builds that they've done that they have enjoyed or think would be neat, also i would like to hear in the long scheme of thing whats better to spend on powers on Characters,..ExI have 30 nova points and 50 xp if i wanted to buy powers and other things things which of the two would be more efficient to use to get the most out of it.

In almost every cast, it's more efficient to buy attributes, abilities/skills, powers, etc using Nova Points rather XP, unless you are getting considerably more XP than nova points, like three times as many or more.

Many of the characters I've made tended towards having good Mega-Physical Attributes along with physical-type powers, like Armor, Body Modifications (Extra Health Levels and others), Claws, and Hypermovement. I finally made a character I've been meaning to with maxed out baseline attributes, a wide spread of Mega-Attributes and a metric ton of skills and am quite enjoying it.

Neat concepts I've considered but never got around to making:

-Poltergeist: Density Decrease 3-5, along with Invisibility (Enhanced Effect Extra) and some other power to affect others while Intangible, like Telekinesis, Holo, Mirage, or the like.

-Mindshadow: Domination (Parasitic Possession Extra) and Telepathy (Channeling Extra) - lets the character possess someone from almost anywhere on Earth, and can even Teleport after a fashion, from jumping into a targeted mind and then stepping out of it and coalescing again.l

-Using The New Flesh Fan Sourcebook, making someone with a whole hell lot of Body Modifications to make a Mermaid or a Cthulhoid horror with tentacles and spines and too many teeth and limbs.

-Depending on power levels and house rules used, making someone with a Permanent, Mental-Linked Clone power to make someone who is one mind in multiple bodies. Combine with the Mindshadow concept to make a Nova who is essentially a mental virus.

Aberrant isn't the best or most flexible system around, but there are any number of character ideas available, sometimes you just how to consider the powers in a different light.

And welcome to the site, Red Ghost.

Thanks for the reply and listing some of your own character ideas. I was just asking cause im a little new to the game and just want to make sure i try to get the most out of character creation and what other people thought and there ideas for characters:D

Welcome to the site, if you want to actually talk to some of the players, and have time, you'll find a fair number of us in chat at any given time.

As Sean said, aberrant isn't the most flexible out there, especially if you stick with the game's canon content.  You'll find most games here do not do so, and allow for far more variety because of it.  

I do agree that spending NP on abilities and attributes gives you far more bang for your buck than using experience would, and indeed I tend to do that myself.  I've often debated starting a game with say 30 np, and then 50xp as character generation rules, to allow for some wiggle room for the players.

Archived