The Scarred Lands - OOC Thread

Asarasa ST

Hi everyone. Finally decided to attempt to run a game here, using a setting I liked and have a fair number of books for, but never got to play in. :D

I'd love to invite more people to play, but this will be my first time running a game here, and I've been the GM for precious few games in my regular Table Top sessions, and never for long. So to start, I'll just be inviting my current or frequent GMs on the site to play. If I, and they, feel I'll doing a decent job and I think I can handle more, I'll look at expanding my game to more players.

No promises on how long this will go or how frequently I'll be able to post, but I at least wanted to make the attempt at running a game, and wanted to do something to thank my GMs for all the work they've put into games here on the site.

So, let's see how things go.

Other news or questions will be posted in this thread.

Heya folks, just like some input from the players. I've been calling the group 'The Band' as bland as that is, when referring them as a group. If you would, could you guys think up a collective name your characters might have come up with or used for themselves? As a group, though small, they likely would have garnered at least some manner of reputation among some folk, if they haven't gone out of their way to avoid it. And they'd be noted for being a band of all women, and possibly as all spellusers, even if limited in Kora's case.

Just asking, to add a little more flavour beyond 'The Band'. If you all are fine with that, I can stick with it, of course.

• 5 weeks later...

Sigurn, in one of the privy alcoves, under the bench seat in a dusty corner, you found an amulet or pendant made of what looks to be polished steel. It's slightly warm to the touch.

It looks like the image, without the writing around the rim.

Sterling_Silver_Cut_Out_Wheel_of_the_Yea

Arcana - The Wheel symbol is a somewhat arcane symbol, though old. The eight spokes correlate to the eight major schools of Magic. It was taken by the Empire of the Wheel for use as an Imperial symbol.

The pendant itself seems oddly devoid of any weathering or marring of any sort, as if just crafted, even when old or used for some time. That is a common hallmark of items that have been prepared for or have been enchanted. Its inherent warmth could betoken any number of things - an enchantment, a flaw in the enchantment, a reaction to the presence of the eldritch mosaics in the room, some quality of the metal, etc.

History - The Wheel was the main heraldic symbol of the Empire of the Wheel, which was established by renegade male sorcerers from Albadia, fleeing prosecution from the Helliann. Pendants of this sort were worn by many of their soldiers and the sorcerers who backed, who were a key component of their success in battle, having large scale, coordinated use of Magic in battle.

Archived