ABERRANT: WEIRDER STUFF - CHAPTER II "Sometimes Eating the Cake Just Isn't Enough"

WS ST

< Well.. okay. Yeah. I did. But it was very brief and we were not talking. I just used it to snap him out of the trance thingy. He didn't even know I did it. So, like, okay, I could maybe see that giving him dreams or something, but he was also afraid of my and it does not explain the Terminator/Age of Apocalypse experienced I had when we kissed. Like, I was there.. wherever and whenever that was. I tasted the ash on his lips, but he didn't seem to taste it on mine or have the same experience I did. >

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 hours ago, Sean Cassidy said:

Sean caught the Airman's attention, calling him by name. "Excuse me, Airman Howell, but would you have an idea of how long this meeting might last? Just curious if I can hold out for dinner plans later or if I should choke down some vending machine food now."

Jan Howel, SR. Airman was a tall blond athletic young man of 22. From San Diego he had wanted more than anything to be a navy frogman one of the vaunted members of the USSF Elite the Navy SEALs, unfortunately an inner ear defect discovered in high school precluded his entry into the navy, so instead he had opted for the Air Force, primarily to make money for college. Now Jan, whose mother was Norwegian had passed on her Nordic good looks to her son and due to his extreme physical fitness his Incredible Nordic good looks (he had been compared to the actors Alexander Skarsgard and Chris Hemsworth although he really didnt have the features of either), had never had a lack of female attention and was used to beautiful women. But today was trying him beyond words.

When the Special Guests had arrived he had been confronted by no one or two but four of the most beautiful women he had ever seen, and all of them he had been warned were underage. This left him very very uncomfortable and then the tall one with the multicolored hair and the body that...Jesus just

stop thinking, he thought closing his eyes, spoke to him his body simply betrayed him.

“Um...No...,” his voice caught and he gave a little cough, “no ma'am, they didn't give me any information about that, ma'am.”

Abel was unable to block out the airman's thoughts, they were just too damned strong and even Seans when he...she realized what she was making the man go through even her amusment at the mans plight was overwhelming A hundred different minds all of them mumbling constant chatter in his head...

57 minutes ago, Lilly Ann Pryor said:

"It takes as long as it takes." Lilly chuckled as she got up, being no stranger to military timelines and estimations.

"I'm hitting the machines. I doubt I can screw up my diet now anyways." she added.

Kia popped up onto her feet and echoed, "I'm going too. I always get hungry before these long meetings are done."

•  

The mental conversation continued as Lilly stood up and Kia joined her, the two headed toward the door, when Lilly's phone vibrated. A quick check showed a text from Sandy. She contemplated ignoring it but then opened the text to read it.

*Hey Lilly, was wondering if you wanted to grab a couple of Frames at the Ten Pin, if you don't have too much homework?*

Just then a door at the back of the room opened and several Soldiers, including Lilly's father, came in. These soldiers were all dressed in the Air Forces Camouflage Fatigues, Except one who was wearing a completely different type of greenish gray fatigues with no insignia at all. The last person to enter the room was a middle aged woman also in the Ari Force fatigues. Her shoulders bore four green stars. She was carrying a thick folder of papers and was talking to Lilly's dad.

Then General paused after entering the room and her eyes raked over the sitting Irregulars, Kia and Lilly moving back into their seats. She leaned over and whispered to Col. Pryor and the other gathered officers. “My god they really are children”. While her voice was low and at that distance no one should have been able to hear the whisper, Abel, Lilly, and Sean did.

The woman General stepped up to a small portable podium two of the men had just set up awhile the rest of the officers were taking seats.

“Good evening,” the lady General began, “I am General Lori Robinson, commander of the U.S. Northern Command and commander of the North American Aerospace Defense Command, As of this after noon this facility and its personnel and it's changing mission have been placed under that command by the order of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the President of the Untied States. I am sure that I don't have to tell you that all of you are considered very special and that your country and indeed the world needs you. I suppose some of you are wondering why your parents aren't here with you tonight. There is a reason for that It is the judgment of the president and select Members of Congress that the United States is now at war with one or more extra terrestrial forces and that to date every encounter with those forces has been stopped by yourselves. You are, my scientists tell me, the only ones like you. And so with the authorization of the President to facilitate your ability to make your own decisions and judgments all of you have been granted emancipation.

You six are now responsible for yourselves. You six decide what you want to do and how you want to do it. It is the president's hope and his deepest wish that you decide to serve your country. It is mine as well because, frankly, we need you.

Right now, tonight we we are here to answer any questions and to do our part to help you, if you so choose, to prepare to defend our world.”

Lilly's dad looks shocked.

Spoiler

index.jpg Air Force ABU    Mardrake-Kryptek-Frog-Suits-font-b-Navy-b-font-font-b-seals-b-font-combat-frog.jpg Unmarked guys fatigues

Robinson-2-840x420.jpegGeneral Robinson

The barrage of thoughts was annoying, but Abel was quick to acclimate, in as much they weren't going to be something that went away any time soon.  

When the General Entered the room and spoke,  Instantly, Abel was fully on guard, his eyes narrowing, and is gaze flicking from the general, and the soldier with no id.   <The one without ID is a SEAL, or at least he's wearing a SEAL BDU.  Judging by his reaction, Your father knew nothing of this Lily, so he's as surprised as everyone else.  I advise caution here.>

When his attentions focused on the General, he read concern, and fear, but not of them, but for them.  He caught flashes of memory of her daughter and a fatal training flight crash.  He was glad in as much as it wasn't fear of them.  Perhaps she could be worked with, as Lily's Father had been.

<The good news is she's concerned for us, not by us.   Still saying that, We shouldn't rush into this.>

< Got it. That's good at least. >

"Well, General..." Lilly said as she tried to word her thoughts and then added, "Oh hi. I'm Lilly, by the way. Hm. You probably already knew that though."

"I guess on a certain level I get you and the President and others wanting us to be able to make our own decisions, as this is in all likelihood some life and death decisions we might be making to risk our lives here. And frankly, we kind of have been for a few weeks now, when it comes to this alien stuff, I guess. And I can see that you are going out of your way to not force us into anything too, by emancipating us, even if it was without our knowledge. So I get that we do not necessarily, or legally even, have to listen to or obey our parents now if we are emancipated. I think I speak for more than just myself here though, when I say that does not mean we do not want to consult with out parents, and I guess at the very least, get their advice. I mean, this is some really big stuff, and our parents are the people who have always been there for us and looked out for us."

"So, would it be possible for any of us who want them, to have our parents here if we ask for them?" Lilly asked, more of the others than herself, really, with her own father standing right beside the General."

< They are going out of their way to NOT force us and give us the choice, guys. Even if it wasn't really asked for. >

"And that aside, how would we move forward? I mean, how are you going to help us prepare and stuff? I mean, we all see the extra equipment and personnel and stuff. Hmm. Where do we go from here, I guess I am asking."

< Let me know if I am overstepping my bounds here guys, but I think I can pretty much speak for all of us on a few things. >

"I think I speak for all of us here when I say that the thing is.. and I think this is where things can get rubbed the wrong... the thing is that we WANT to help. I'm pretty sure that is obvious by now. We've fought these things twice now, saved the lives of our fellow students, purged that alien infection from the students, saved as many of the airmen as we could on the island, defeated those centaurs, brought one back for study while diffusing the others, and kept all of this hush-hush the entire time. So, we want to help. We want to protect our friends and families and loved ones and our nation and even the world... "

"But we are not soldiers. I don't think any of us even so much as planned to go into armed forces. Even me.  We know what we can do, and we have a better grasp and understand of that than anybody studying us could ever hope to have. We have a somewhat different mindset, partially because of our age, I am sure, but also because we are not soldiers and none of us particularly want to be soldiers. At least in the traditional sense."

"I probably know what you are going to say, but please just hear me out."

"We know what we can do and we already have a great deal of experience working together even though we are not all on the same athletic team or anything. You see, I know this will sound odd or even laughable maybe, but we have been gaming together for a few years now. Like, D&D and stuff. I know it's just a game and you are probably rolling your eyes, at lease internally, but we have learned to work together quite well, as a team. You cannot argue that either. I'm sure you could see that when you watched the video of us in action at the island."

"And our group, well, we call ourselves The Irregulars." 

"I think that if we all decide to help and move forward from here, then that is likely what we would be. Irregulars. And not just because of our abilities. If we want to protect our home and win, when we all need to get on the same page and work together. You need us and our abilities and with you backing us, I think it would be a force multiplier. We could do so much more and be even more effective. So, I think that we all want to help and work together, but to do so, we'd work best as a non-traditional unit and different command structure and such. Like, leave it to us to accplish an objective once it is given to us, because we can come up with ways to work together and accomplish it that your planners could never dream of. And I don't think being backed at and all that stuff, that is part and parcel for the military, will go over to well with many of us. "

"Oh, and one other thing, for this to work, you and us have to both be honest with each other. Nobody likes feeling like mushrooms. That means putting cards out on the table and everything. Because you have no way of knowing what seemingly innocuous detail or bit of info might make the different for us when we are out there."

"I hope that makes sense, General. I or we, are not trying to make an ultimatum or anything. Just trying to explain where we are coming from and how we are likely work work best and keep morale up. If we can manage to do that, then the aliens won't know what hit them." Lilly finished.

Gen Robinson glances over at Col Pryor as Lilly finishes. Then she looks back at Lilly and the other Irregulars.

"Well Lilly, May I call you  Lilly," She pauses?

"Of Course." Lilly replies immediately.

"Thank you. Lilly I do know who you, all of you, are from these files. But I have only had this information for about sixteen hours so I am sure there is plenty for me to learn yet.

As for you parents being present here or during any future operations, for the most part no. As for what you can and can't tell them," She looks at the man in the SEAL uniform, "That has not been finalized yet. So for now we would like you to treat your parents access to your information in the same way a normal military member would his or her spouse. Tell them as much as you feel comfortably with without going into specific and be mindful of classified information. You will each be briefed on how to handle that.

As for your emancipation," another look at Col Pryor. Abel can feel a sense of guilt from the General in regards to this.

"It was decided higher up that you six, for several reasons, not the least of which was your own rights as individuals but also for the security of the country, that your status as minor children be changed.

We aren't taking your parents and family away from you, or you from them. But it was felt that you had to have the freedom, both morally and legally, to make decisions that really no one will be capable of making for you."  Robinson pauses again and shuffles her papers, Abel who, wanting to or not is focused in on her thoughts. <We have to have a clear conscious to be able to send you into combat to your possible deaths. Dear god what are we doing they are just children>

"And as for moving forward that is why we are hear tonight.

As I stated earlier we are now in a state war. Project Stepping Stone and all of it's assets are no longer under Department of Energy, this is a military operation now.

You say you are a team," she looks at her notes, " calling yourselves the Irregulars. I think that's appropriate. But with that said we can't just have you out there acting on your own. Not without organization and training.

On that note I will hand this briefing over to Col Pryor and Captain McKeller of the Navy. I hope to talk some more to all of you in the coming days but for now, Good night."

The general and all of the officers except Lilly's dad and the Navy SEAL leave.

Will Pryor, still a bit in shock with what the General had announced moves up closer to the kids. MC Keller follows.

"Guys this is Captain McKeller he's with the Navy SEALS. He's going to be in charge of all of you for a while."

McKeller steps in front of the Col.

"Thank you Col. Pryor I have things from here." McKeller says looking only at the Irregulars.

Pryor nods and starts away but not before giving Lilly a look which speaks volumes and a nod just for her.

"You airman your dimissed."

Howell started then hastily left the room leaving the Irregulars with the SEAl.

"What Col. Pryor said is true y'all belong to me for the foreseeable future. But," he holds up his hand before anyone can say anything, "The general was right too. You are only here now because you want to be here. If you don't want to be a part of this you are free to go at any time. no one will stop you  or try to talk you out of leaving, just go. All I ask is that if you stay make sure this is what you want. Other wise your wasting my time and everyone else's  time who does want to be here.

So what's it gonna be?"

Lilly listened, considering what had been said. She did not like the idea about everybody having to keep their families in the dark, even though it was not really going to be a problem for her personally, and though not thrilled with how they were all secretly emancipated 'on their behalf' by the US Government, she did at least understand and appreciated the intention behind it.

Lilly looked just a little confused at McKeller's final statement and glanced around at the other Irregulars for a second, mainly looking to Sara.

< Are we all still in for now? He said we can go at any time if any of change our minds. >

"Umm... we, or at least I, am here by choice. And that is unlikely to change unless or until given a reason to go." she told the SEAL.

McKeller nods at Lilly's statment

"Okay. Gonna take some getting used too." He runs his hands across his mouth, then spins a chair around and sits resting his arms on the back.. "Like the General I didn't know anything about any of this, any of you  until early this morning. This time last night I was in Coronado California, Like the Colonel said I am a SEAL. And until this morning I was the commander of SEAL Training. Now I'm in charge of your training.

But you guys are not SEALS.

So I have to come up with a way to make you...I'm sorry Help you become the SEAL equivalent of whatever you kids are.

I'm not gonna sugar coat it. Your normal lives are over, whether you stay and train or go on and do what ever. It's going to come out what's happened here, what you are, and worse who you are. There is nothing anyone can do about that. The president and his people are already working on how to break this to our allies and the American people. Not today probably not this week but before longyou guys are going to be part of the biggest change the world has seen probably since the dropping of the atomic bomb."

He undoes a pocked on the leg of his BDUs and pulls out  a small tablet.

While doing that Lilly's phone vibrates again.

"This was sent to the white house this morning. It's a bout you so I think you should know about it." He passes it to Lilly since she has been doing the talking.

Spoiler

D3@tTh 0Tt3R & United States Government

Article 1: Definition of Terms

HEREBY let it be stated that for the purposes of the proposed agreement, hereafter referred to as THE BLACKMAIL, that the person of D3@tTh 0Tt3R and any and all entities originating from or associated with or currently serving the bidding of D3@tTh 0Tt3R shall collectively be referred to as THE ASSFUCK BRIGADE. Let it further be stated that for the purposes of THE BLACKMAIL, all branches, services, agencies, contractors, or entities funded in full or in part by the Federal Government of the United States of America shall be referred to as MY BITCH.

Article 2: Terms of Blackmail

WHERAS IT IS RESOLVED that:

a) MY BITCH has a tyrannical obsession with secrecy that is detrimental to the balance of power between individual and state, and:

c) (no cool shades emoji for you!) MY BITCH would find the release of secrets damaging to the stranglehold it has over the free exchange of ideas and decisions of an informed public:

d) THE ASSFUCK BRIGADE is in possession of materials that would split the sphincters of said secrets with sufficient force as to render said secrets incapable of defecation without general anesthesia for several months:

LET IT BE AGREED that:

e) MY BITCH will voluntarily refrain from any and all investigation, enforcement, surveillance or any other intelligence-gathering upon THE ASSFUCK BRIGADE, immediately upon receipt of this contract, and in perpetuity, and:

f) Any other whims such as that THE ASS FUCK BRIGADE may see fit to demand on a case by case basis.

Article 3: Penalties Upon Forfeiture

g) Should MY BITCH engage in any of the proscribed activities, or fail to BEND OVER AND SPREAD THEIR CHEEKS for THE ASSFUCK BRIGADE, the following penalties will apply, effective immediately, and at the sole discretion of THE ASS FUCK BRIGADE.

h) Immediate release of all damaging secrets held on multiple public outlets including professional media, social media, the Google homepage, and the big fucking TV at every fucking sports stadium in the fucking country. (see Attachment A)

i) Immediate release and distribution of embarrassing personal information to social media hubs and internet file sharing sites. Yes, I know about your wife's dildo, Mr President. (see Attachment b )

j) Immediate promotion of MY BITCH to the top position on my shit list, making you #1 priority for all malice and mischief. Understand that you will exist in a place that makes you beg for the tender flames of Lucifer. A deluge of flaming shit the likes of which have not been seen since the Old Testament shall descend upon your fucking 50's piece of shit candy-ass fuck-puters and not even GOD HIMSELF will answer your fucking prayers. Your voters will know you for what you are and desert you. Your enemies will have every grain of dirt that ever fell off your shoes. I will fucking bury every one of you, individually.

Article 4: Indemnity

a) MY BITCH shall henceforth and in perpetuity waive all current and future claim to legal complaints or procedures upon THE ASSFUCK BRIGADE.

Article 5: Conflict Resolution

a) MY BITCH agrees to stuff any and all complaints, disagreements or conflicts up into their painfully stretched orifice until it actually starts pushing partially-digested food back out of their collective mouths. Failure to do so shall constitute breach of contract, leading immediately to penalties as described in Article 3.

(Attachment A is the video from your post.  The document is 'signed' with a printed image of a cartoon otter's face, but the otter has clearly been 'borged' as if by the Star Trek villains. It's got metal plates here and there, and one of its eyes is a red light. Also some 'middle finger' emoji and some LOL emoji)

"So as you see it's already out there. It's only a matter of Time.

I am gonna want to get started tomorrow. Since you guys have school for now we will do our training at night. One of the Hangers is being cleared out untill we can locate a safer place. I expect you all to bether tomorrow night at 2100 hours. That's 9pm if you didn't know. Thats all I have for tonight Unless anyone has any questions.

Spoiler

if there are no questions he will leave leaving y'all to talk or go home. i will wait to see what y'all decide to do before moving on.

As Lilly reads the tablet her brow furrows in a mixture of confusion and anger.

< Oh hell no. I am not going to be used to blackmail the US Government. And I doubt any of you want to be used that way either. As much as it will suck, the Government has gotta take away their power and just release the info on its own terms. > she thought to the others, sliding the tablet over to Sean

"Well, it seems our existence is being used to blackmail the US Government by some ass or asses. So that's not cool and probably the best way to deal with it is to reveal our existence on our own terms and thereby remove the blackmail material. Or at least most of us. And hopefully we can find this douche and deal with them ourselves even. I dunno. And even if that wasn't happening, leaks and stuff happen. It's going to get out eventually, either by a leak or by us having to fight some aliens in the middle of town or something. So the countdown to info about us getting out against our will has already we started. The best we can do is release it on our, as in our and the Government's, own terms." Lilly explained to Kia with a sigh as she pulled out her phone and glanced at it, checking the text.

"Yes Mis Mazuki, eventually everyone is going to know about you . Even if this cyber criminal doesn't release it, we will eventually have to. For one thing we are facing a threat unlike anything this world has ever faced before.

And lets face you six will be a pretty good moral booster."

Sean castigated herself for the amusement she took at the affect had on the airman. It was a delicate balancing act, modulating her smiles and expressions, the tone of her naturally melodious and captivating voice, so she came across as friendly without implying or suggesting too much. Evidently, she had gone too far this time. She couldn't just consider her own qualities, but how others would react, based on their own psychologies and experiences. Even for her, it was a formidable amount of variable to take into account.

When the General arrived and revealed they had been emancipated, Sean was mildly surprised, but she understood the reasons for it. First, it at least gave them the appearance of giving them a choice in how they proceeded from here. But mostly, it made it easier for them to ask the Irregulars to kill and risk their lives while absolving their consciences. It would help the Irregulars too. A good part of the structure of the military, the chain of command, was to mitigate guilt, for the soldiers and the commanders. Without that, one or the other would balk, or burn out under the burden.

While General Robinson and Lilly spoke, Sean watched the General, Colonel Pryor, and the man identified as a Navy SEAL - his body language and the way he held himself had already suggested to her that he was specials forces of some sort already - noting their reactions and expressions to what was being said. She wasn't troubled by their parents - or hers at least - not being allowed to attend their meetings and briefings. While they could provide emotional support, they simply didn't have the information or experience to make worthwhile contributions in these situations.

When Captain McKellar asked them if they were in or out, Sean took a moment, a considerable moment considering the speed and depth of her thought processes to decide on her answer as she held Sara's hand, giving it a squeeze. She hadn't really considered public or military service when she had been a boy, rather being driven by enlightened self-interest.

She had just wanted to do well for her, her family, and friends. She had mostly dreamed of making it big in the video game or tech industry, the next Gates, Page or Brin, or Musk, or Carmack, Meier, or Morhaime, and hopefully didn't turn into an asshole with success. The closest she had come to considering future governmental service had been a scenario in which the CIA or FBI or whatever came to her to solve a problem as a White Hat Hacker, a software wunderkind.

Now, as a woman, an extraordinary and superpowered one at that, Sean had new priorities. She actually had a girlfriend that she cared a great deal for for one. For another, there was a Goddamned alien invasion coming. While she wouldn't serve the US for its own sake - it needed some much needed changes, in her opinion - she would serve if it provide her and everyone there best chance at repelling the invaders.

The US and its military had colossal resources and manpower at its disposal. Even still, Sean wasn't sure it would be enough. It would need to be a concerted effort with their allies, and perhaps, even those who were not.

Taking the tablet Lilly handed her, Sean glanced over this D3@tTh 0Tt3R's ultimatum and the video attachment, then snorted. She may have just provided the US Government the impetus to work more closely with its allies, by forcing the existence of QEH's and the alien threat out into the open. Surprisingly, Sean didn't feel concerned or anxious about the revelation getting out, but rather, something more like a sense of relief.

She would undoubtedly be talked about the most, but at least she wouldn't have to lie anymore about who she was.

"It's not just our and the aliens existences that are being used for blackmail, but the secret proclivities, antics, and actions of other politicians," Sean amended, lips curving wryly. "Never discount simple self-interest." Sean tapped the iPad against her thigh. "Assuming this person is Allison Bigby, or the person assuming her identity, at least, dealing with her may not be so simple, since it seems she can teleport and appears to have an 'enhanced' facility with computers and machines that goes beyond mere hacking. Lots of cameras in New York, and lots of people, making her hard to find without forewarning her. We can probably incapacitate or eliminate her."

Sean frowned at how calmly she had just mentioned killing someone, not an alien, but a human being. But she was being a thread, potentially a devastating one, and a distraction from what really concerned Sean, the aliens. She had seen their tech, they could destroy the planet, easily, and it was the only one humanity had...

For the moment. There were the portals and an awfully big galaxy. Possibly a retreat or haven could be arranged as a contingency...

Sean closed her eyes for a moment, took a deep, steadying breath, then continued. "It any contingencies she's made that we have to worry about. Lots of things that you can program to go off due to any number of circumstances or events and she seems devious and smart." Sean paused and tilted her head slightly. "Actually, if she was really smart, she'd just have disappeared - from what I can see, she would be able to do it without much effort. Instead, she's backed the government into a corner from which they have no other option but to respond. And even any enemies of the US won't be a haven for her. She could sell secrets, I'm sure, but after this, they wouldn't be able to but to see her as a threat to themselves as well."

Sean turned her penetrating eyes on Captain McKellar and handed him the iPad. "It's to stop people like this, strewing chaos when the actual world is literally at stake, and to figure out a way to end the alien threat, that I'll agree to join up. As long as I see this as our best way to make it happen, Captain McKellar."

<Backs are against the wall, and it isn't just ours. We all have to make our own choices, but I'm not walking away from this. I can't.> Sean turned entreating eyes on Sara, hoping she would understand. Her lips quirked self-deprecatingly. <Fuck, being bullied by Chet and Courtney seems like such a minor, petty thing now.>

Lilly looked back to McKeller and waved a hand just to get his attention.

"I get that things are going to change and we are going to start training and all that. And I think you kinda already understand this, but, I dunno... I guess.. this is what I was trying to explain to the General. You see, you volunteered for service, just like my dad. And that is something I have great respect and appreciation for. You even chose to go to SEAL training, BUDS I think it's called, and made it though, which is one heck of a feat. Those are things you chose to do and wanted to do. You were not forced to join or anything." she explained and took a split second to quickly compose the rest of her thought as best she could.

"And, like, yeah we are given a choice, but let's be honest here, though we are not being forced into helping, like the Government is not holding a proverbial gun to our heads or anything, this is still less of a choice for us and more of an obligation, 'cause one would have to be a colossal douche, like, on a cosmic scale, to have the abilities that we do and NOT use them to help fight these aliens." Lilly said, with a typical teenage over-expression about how big a douche one would have to be.

"So, we're here, and we are helping, not because we dreamed of service or planned on signing up, but because it is the right thing to do given the situation. We are fighting these things, protecting our home, country and even world, I guess, and risking our lives because, though we might be 'kids' to many, if not most, we are all good people and are doing what's right. I mean, yeah, we are making a choice, but it the only choice a decent, moral person could make... One that might get any or all of us killed at some point. So yeah, we are here by choice, but we did not have the luxury of making the same choice you made, not really, I guess is what I am saying." she explained, as best she could, speaking with sincerity and a straight forward bluntness and honesty.

"I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job. I am sure you are one of, if not the, best in the world at it. But we are not 'recruits' in basic or the volunteers going through BUDS you normally deal with, and not because of our abilities, but because of our motivation, I guess is the way to put it. And I think you get that, and we appreciate that. If you can though, I dunno, just try to keep that in mind, if you can, when we are training or some issues or something arises." she tried to explain, trying to get her point across without stepping on toe or offending McKeller.

"Sorry. That was kind of rambling." she added with a sigh.

McKeller gives the  brunette a smile, the girl football player if he recalls correctly. This is the Colonel's daughter, a girl in a mans world through and through. More shit to get used too.

"Look, Lilly isn't it, Like I said I got this dropped on me this morning, and I know from the rather thin material they gave me about you, that you guys have had this for what two to three weeks. Nobody knows what to do here. I certainly don't but if this threat is real and all evidence points that it is, in the short term you six are all we have.

I know your not recruits, I know your not really volunteers, but you are here because you do feel that obligation. If not all of you would have hit that door without letting your feet hit the ground. One of you already did that. But you six, you took up the call when nobody even considered calling on you. You six came.

Call it Obligation, Call it Duty, call it whatever you want. It the same thing that makes a SEAL go in...every time. That's something I can work with. Something we can work with.

There's only six of you, seven if we count the kid that bailed on , which I don't. Eight if we count the Death Otter character but i consider her an enemy. Then there's all these others that got enhanced before you guys. They will get training too. But you six, you six we need to hone into a unique and serious fighting force. and when I say we I don't mean the Air Force, or the Navy, or even the US government.

I mean Us, you six very special people and myself," a pause a look of consideration crosses his face, "and maybe the talking dog, I am intrigued by him.

But I'm not here to command you, or break you I' am here to help you, to borrow an army phrase, be all that you can be."

Lilly snapped her fingers and pointed.

"Duty! That's the word I was looking for."

What McKeller said certainly put Lilly at ease. He seemed to already get what she was trying to explain and seemed to honestly be here to help them. Yeah, there were likely going to be time that it might not seem like that in the moment, but she felt his heart was in the right place.

Only one thing he said bugged her.

"I know that it might be cut and dry to you, but please stop saying Felix 'bailed' on us. He didn't. He's our friend and he didn't bail on us or anybody. We didn't ask for these abilities and we all had to or have to make our choices about what to do with them. He chose a different path and he had his reasons." Lilly asked, sticking up for the missing Irregular.

"And Blitz should totally be a part of this. He's awesome." she added with a smile. 

"Oh. And I'll let you know when the State Championship is. I'm the starting QB, Alec is my top Wide Receiver and Kia cheers, so we won't be able to train that night probably. Or at least, it would have to be later than normal. I mean, I did not lead that team, before I was even enhanced, through the entire division just so I could NOT play in the Championship game." Lilly said, likely catching McKeller off guard.

Lilly tapped at her phone quickly when she finished. 

*Dude. Chill. ::smiley face w/ sunglasses:: My hand and eyes are not glued to my phone 24/7. ::smile::*

*That sounds good. Or you can get us some burgers and stuff at Bunny's and we can meet some place to chill by ourselves. ::wink::*

Inwardly Abel cringed.   He knew he could have done something to stop this, but it would have been something he couldn't undo, a point of no return.   "Damn."   He sat there quietly for a moment after that, nodded.  "Blitz should be brought in on this, I imagine he'd be fairly insistent upon it if we're being honest.   Sapient as he is, he is my dog still."

Looking to Lily, he sighed.  "Much as I want to tell to you to play that game, If you do, and that video goes out, It will invalidate the win in the minds of many, and could easily cause a massive backlash against everyone.  Which really really sucks because I want us to win that game too.  It won't be easy without you or Alec."

<I bet you ten bucks chet still plays, and I know you don't want to be lumped into the same group as him by the general public.>

He looked over to McKeller and nodded.   "Train us how you need to train us.  I doubt we'll need long on fundamentals, but at the very least, it would be good to learn the whole course."  He looked at the others.  "Enhanced as we are, That's not to say there's not some method for negating our abilities, and in such a situation, it's paramount we be able to survive and fight another day."

McKeller listened to these kids who really sounded nothing like kids. It was astonishing.

"I'll make sure Blitz is there then.

As for the football thing, while I do agree fundamentally with what your saying Abel. I don't think right now is the best time for any of you to stop what your doing. Changing your activities will just draw attention to yourselves. Right now even though there is going to be a lot of attention on this base in the coming weeks It will be best to keep the six of you out of any spotlight or scrutiny until the higher ups have their plans in place for any fallout.

In other words, play football run track, cheer, and play your games on the weekends. Keep to your normal routine as much as possible"

Kia raised her hand, then somewhat abashedly lowered it again as she realized that wasn't really how this worked.

"Um...how does this...I mean, what about my dad? Dr Mizuki. Is he still...involved?" she asked, a little timidly. She'd seen Lilly's dad around, but the absence of her own father seemed ominous to her for some reason. If he wasn't on the project anymore...was he even still supposed to be on the base?

"I really don't know Miss Mizuki, I'm not involved with the project. But as one of the lead scientist I'm sure that unless he has a problem with the military that he would remain involved." The SEAL gives Kia a reassuring look.

She nodded and managed a half-hearted smile. "I guess we're not going to have much social life for awhile now. Maybe after we save the world or something."

Attending school, doing cheers and games, AND doing military training? Kia was under no illusions about how -that- was going to be. But things would open up a bit after graduation, she figured. And who knew? Maybe the invasion would have some kind of awesome movie-style weak spot that they could just smash or blow up and it would chain-react and kill the Queen and stop them forever?

That'd be pretty cool.

Abel smiled.  "We will make time.   After all, it's what we're fighting for, and no one wants us to lose sight of that."  He gave her shoulder a reassuring squeeze. Privately on a link with just her.  <I may be able to help there too, given my powers.   I'm going to try some things first, but It could be useful.>

"Do they plan on briefing you fully on the project?   I could certainly help with that, As could Blitz, and I think if you're going to train us, you should know.   I know what the dossiers they have on all of us say, but that's not even scratching the surface of what's happened."

Lilly's phone vibrated with another text.

*OK I'm chill I'll meet you at Bunnies 8 sound good?*

McKeller stands up.

"I think that covers enough for tonight. I have some planning to do. I'll send you all where to meet here on base once I know which Hanger they are setting up for you.

So you kids have a good night and I will see all of you at 21:00 tomorrow.

Good night guys"

He nods at everyone and exits the room by the same door he came in from leaving the Irregulars alone in the room.

< Sooo... That actually went a bit better than I had expected. > Lilly thought as she tapped away at her phone.

*How about you grab us something for us from Bunnies and meet me at that little pond west of Airport Road? I would kill for a chocolate milkshake right now.*

"So I am gonna meet Sandy and see if I can figure some stuff out maybe." See you guys tomorrow she said as she got up, pulling out her keys.

Sandy listened to the rhythm of the country song playing on the Radio. It was the Res Station the only one that could reliably be picked up unless you had satellite radio, which he did not. He turned onto the dirt road leading to the pond, the smell of the food from Bunnie's making his mouth water. He hadn't eaten any dinner when he got home so his stomach was empty of but full of butterflies.

Every since school had started this year he had been drawn to his companion quarterback. At first he had been reluctant to pursue her in any way but the draw was just to strong and the longer the season had gone the more he realized how special she was and how unsatisfied he was with football. She had made him realize just how much of a change he needed in his life to find that happiness his folks always said they wanted for him. And he felt that Lilly needed to be part of that change, He wanted her to be a part of it.

He just hoped she wanted to as well.

He pulled up beside her truck, parked with the back facing the pond, Lilly sitting on the tailgate in the cold night air seemingly bothered by the crispness of the chill.

She looked beautiful.

He grabbed the food and the shakes and hopped out of his truck and smiled broadly at her.

"Your feast has arrived Ma'am, Bacon Cheeseburgers, a basket of Bunnie's famous onion-rings, and  double chocolate shakes." He sketched an exaggerated bow before joining her at the tailgate.

Lilly drove from the base and out to the pound with the window of her truck rolled down.It was cold, but she had always liked it a little crisp. Now though, the cold did not phase her at all. She knew it was cold, she could feel it, but it did not bother her like it might have a few weeks ago.

Lilly pulled in by the pond and made a sharp turn to make sure the bed of her pickup was facing the water, She hopped out, folding the seat forward to pull out two old plaid blankets she kept back there, and tosses them into the bed of the truck before walking around, lowering the tailgate and taking a seat on it. She sat there, her swinging feet dangling off the ground, as she stared out at the water, thinking to herself. She was not exactly sure what she was going ask or say to Sandy. She had an inkling of it, and she figured that is why she wanted them to be alone, away from prying eyes and ears, so she though of the pond. 

Lilly had found the pond by accident not long after she bought her pickup, the result of a getting a bit lost. She had always liked it though. It was secluded, north of town, and was one of the little, idyllic spots you could so easily find on Montana. A small pound, nestled between some hills, with a trio of large pines growing together near the shore.

If she were being honest with herself, Lilly was a bit nervous. Or maybe that was just the growling in her stomach. She had not eaten to speak of since lunch and her raiding of the vending machines had been halted by the arrival of the General. Huh. Here she was, just a teen, and now talking with one of the highest Generals in the Air Force. The President even knew who she was. That was an odd thought, though in a way it was something she had hoped for one day. But in that dream, it was due to the President welcoming the US Olympic team and congratulating them on their medals.

"You can't keep dwelling on it. It's gone now. Drop it and focus on the issues at hand." she told herself aloud with a sigh, which quickly faded with the sight of approaching headlights.

Lilly sat there, waiting for Sandy, and gave him a smile.

"Mmm.. a girl could get used to this." she said as she let Sandy sort out the bag while she grabbed one of the blanked behind them and unfolded it until it was just folded in half, and threw it across their laps.

The burger,certainly not the best she ever had, certainly tasted quite good right now. So did the onion rings and shake, and she tore into them, eating a bit more like a guy, as opposed to taking the dainty bites of most girls. After several bites, an onion ring, and a few sips of her shake, Lilly tilted her head, resting it on Sandy's shoulder, and lets out a small, contented sigh.

'THIS' she thought to herself, 'This right here I why I am doing what I can. To preserve these moments and make sure times like this continue. That people can continue with happy lives.'

"Thanks. I needed this." she said before taking another sip of her shake.

"Things have been... Well, you know how things have been for everybody since the lake. Kinda odd. How have you been? Okay? Anything weird?" she asked and then took another bit of her burger.

Sandy watched Lilly dig into her food with obvious gusto and watching her eat made him feel good, which was odd, he thought, that he felt happy watching her eat the food he had brought her. Courtney had never made him happy when they went out she always had managed to find something to complain about. Lilly was nothing like that stuck up bitch and thank god for that.

"I don't know, it has been a weird couple of weeks. But Things are looking up and I have you to thank for that."

Lilly paused a second then slowly finished chewing the bite she had just taken, swallowed, "How so," She asked quieter than she had intended before taking a sip from her shake keeping her eyes' on Sandy.

Sandy looked off across the pond, saw a fish leap out causing ripples in the placid water.

"Well ever since the lake things have been foggy really , i don't know how to describe it actually, it's like I've been underwater all this time. But, I know this is going to sound, I don't know, girly , I guess, but when you kissed me this morning, it was like, I suddenly broke the surface and could breath the air again and everything just seemed so clear and sharp."

He look over at Lilly, smiled that lop sided grin.

"I think your good for me."

"Laying it on a bit thick, aren't you?" she teased with a smile, pushing his shoulder with her own.

"Yeah, what happened at the lake was... weird. Strange night that was." Lilly said, thinking back to it.

"You know... I want to tell you some stuff, but haven't, because I thought you were better off not knowing. Like, ignorance truly is bliss sometimes." Lilly said and took another bite, chewing and gulping it down.

"Like, I want to tell you, but I want to protect you too. I know that sounds weird, coming from a girl, but protection is more than just physical. You can protect somebody by keeping a burden off their shoulders and stuff too, you know?" she explained, having picked up her milkshake and used it to gesture as she spoke before taking a sip and setting it aside.

"You kinda know something happened or is weird with me and my friends since the lake, and I don't want to keep things from you or lie to you. I kinda have for a few days now, but it was because I was protecting you. So.. I want to tell you, but I have to know that I can trust you. I mean, I feel like I can, but I have to be sure that if I tell you about it, that you can keep it to yourself, because this is some heavy stuff." Lilly said as she lowered her burger, holding it with both hands and letting it rest in her lap, atop the blanket covering their legs.

She looked at the half-eaten burger and then looked up to Sandy, her eyes a mixture of remorse, hopeful and pleading as she nervously bit her bottom lip lightly.

Sandy kept his eyes locked with hers for a few seconds then looked off back over the pond.

He was thinking, hard, Lilly could see, and when he looked back at her there was something new in his eyes, in the way he sat up a little straighter, the set of his lips.

Not a smile now, not a frown either, just determined.

Sandy gave a slight nod. "I know." That was all he said

Lilly blinked. Sandy's response was certainly not what she had expected.

"You know... what... exactly?" she asked, unsure of exactly what he meant and certainly unsure about what all he actually knew.

He looked sideways at her as he took a long drink of his own shake.

"That something happened at the lake. To to all of you guys, You, Alec, you know your gaming friends.

I mean come on I was in the same cabin as the rest of you yet only Talena and me ended up in the hospital in Shelly, the rest of you, and only you guys, were in serious enough condition to be taken to the base hospital. Come on Lilly, everyone around here knows that the base doesn't even have a hospital, you guys have a clinic.

And then there's the fact that the military basically took over the lake and have fenced it off. All the helicopters, planes ," he laughs a little bit, " hell, Alec grew about four inches and put on about 50 pounds of muscle in a week. All of you have been acting strange. And it's not just you guys. Everyone knows something happened, just no one talks about it.  It's just all weird."

He looks at her straight, "But none of that matters to me, just us being here right now, that what matters to me Lilly."

He looks off again. "You know everyone talks about Sean's...cousin," a hint of sarcasm as he says that, " about how beautiful and sexy she is,"  he shifts to face her again his eyes searching hers. "She's not as beautiful as you Lilly, not to me."

Sandy leans in and kisses her.

Lilly returned the kiss with a small smile, and enjoyed the moment. She had no idea what the future would hold... how many more moments like this would have or when the next one would come, so she savored it.

She let out a soft sigh when the kiss finally broke and thought for a moment.

"You know.. Finding me prettier is kinda of relieving, if you knew what I know." she teased.

"And, well, you know electricity can make muscles contract and stuff, so maybe Alec got like a year's worth of workouts in a split second or something from the lightning strike?" Lilly suggested, totally grasping at straws.

"Not buying it?" she asked with a half grin.

"Yeah, the story is pretty flimsy too, but it had to do. I really didn't want to lie to you, or anyone, but we hard to, though I tried not to as much as possible. I know you're no fool, I was just hoping the confusion would do enough to let things slide. And I guess, forthe most part, it has with most people."

"And you might not remember much from what happened at the lake, but I do, and you were very brave. Very, VERY brave." she said, placing a hand on his and giving him a kiss.

She took his hand, interlacing her fingers with her own as she looked at him, looking into his eyes with a faint frown/smile.

"And, to be honest, I am not supposed to tell you about this stuff and what happened, but I can't keep lying or hiding things from you. And frankly, there's not really much they can do to me anyways. I just hope.. I dunno.. that when you hear it all, that you'll forgive me and remember I am still the same girl that I have always been..." she said with a mixture of uncertainty and hope.

Never taking his eyes from her's Sandy took her hand as well.

"Nothing is going to change the way I feel about you, Lilly."

"Really?" she asked, though she didn't wait for a response.

"We'll, in a nutshell, I am a superhuman, covert operative for US military working to thwart an alien invasion from six galaxies." she said, realizing just how absurd it sounded and fully expecting Sandy to laugh or just look at her confused.

Sandy blinks.

"So..." 

He blinks again looks out over the pond reflecting the clouds and moonlight, then nodding faces her again.

"So then that's what happened at the lake, to all of you.

But how?  Why?"

"Why? Nobody is sure why" Lilly shrugged. 

"But the night, during the storm, after we all got in the cabins, these aliens came through these portals and started attack everybody. Like, tranquilizing them and wrapping them up to drag back through the portals."

"We fell unconscious when it started and when this big, dog-sized alien scorpion/bug-thing beat down the door to try and get us, without hesitation you jumped to our defense, trying to fight off the thing, and for your troubles you got stung and tranquilized. Then we all woke up, with these abilities, and started fighting the aliens. We killed them all and saved everybody. So nobody was killed and taken through the portal. Then the troops from the base showed up. The tranquilizer in the bug's stingers seemed to wipe everybody's memories for the last bit, so nobody remembered what happen. We were taken to the base and they came up with the cover story about the lightning strike."

"And then, at practice, I could sense this infection in.. you see, I can like heal the human body and purge infections and stuff... anyways, I checked out some people when they were staring up at the skin and found this alien infection in them, probably from being stung. So just to be safe, I snapped you out of it and then went around purging the infection from everybody. And then we all hard to leave because more aliens arrived. So we fought them and saved a bunch of soldiers and the day again.

"More aliens are coming, or at least it is considered to be really, really likely, so now we are all being trained to fight them, but that will be like late at night. That is why I've had difficulty committing to doing anything at night lately. It wasn't because I was avoiding you or not wanting to see you, I just was not sure if I'd be able to and I didn't want to have to bail on you if I got the call that more aliens arrived."

"I didn't want to lie to you, or mislead you. But, this is seriously major stuff. Like Double Ultra Top Secret. If it were to get out in an unplanned way, it could cause worldwide panic. Hopefully we can nip it all in the bud before anything even gets started."

Lilly sighed and looked down at the half-eaten burger in her hand. 

"I'm sorry dude. I didn't want to lie to you and never thought you were a fool." she said and then blinked.

"Wait. You just believe me.. that I am superhuman and fighting an alien invasion and all that.. just like that? Just 'cause I said so?" she asked in surprise.

He laughed again a nice warm laugh. "To be honest Lilly you 've kind of always been a bit superhuman, not weird or anything just strong and very very talented. And not just for a girl but for anyone.

But really the reason I believe you is because I believe in you. I know  that if you didn't tell me you would have a good reason."

Sandy raised his hand holding hers and looked at. "So my girlfriend is a superhero. That's pretty cool."

"Well, everything before the lake.. all the football games and track meets and wrestling matches and stuff, those were all me, because worked hard and busted my ass training. I always had a goal to work toward. I've never cheated though, and I won't. I can even, like, turn off my abilities. Well, mostly at least, to a point that I can hold back just a little and be back where I was before, so it's fair. If I don't feel it's fair, then I wouldn't play, even in the Championship game. I'm no cheater." Lilly proclaimed.

"I didn't want to burden you with this stuff, but I didn't want to lie to you either. You just have to keep it to yourself and not tell ANYBODY though. I'm super serious. I don't want to see something happen to you." she cautioned sincerely, looking into Sandy's eyes.

"I have to say, you are taking this better than I expected. Or maybe it hasn't all set in just yet. I mean, you really haven't see anything I can do." she said honestly.

"Wait. Aren't you curious about what I can do?"

"Your still Lilly," Sandy shrugged, "and I have seen all the movies I read comic books. We clone animals and probably people too. It's really not that big of a stretch for us to have superheroes. And i guess if your not a religious nut who thinks we are the only intelligent life in the universe Alien's aren't much  of  shock either.

Plus you already said I saw them so maybe deep down inside I know your telling the truth because I already know.

As for what you can do, yeah I'm curious but I'm not gonna bug you about it. You'll tell me when you want too and when you think i need to know.

I meant it when I said this wouldn't change how I felt about you Lilly."

Sandy brings her hand to his chest and pulls her closer then kisses her again, longer this time, more insistent.

Lilly returned the kiss without hesitation, and since they were both eating the same things, so breath was not an issue. Lilly enjoyed the kiss, her eyes closed and her body relaxing a bit as she felt his heartbeat. When the kiss finally broke, she lowered her head, resting against Sandy's shoulder/chest and lets out a soft, relaxed sigh.

"That is my biggest worry, you know. That people will see me different or as somebody.. or something.. else. Despite all I can do, or maybe even because of it, I'm still me. The same old Lilly I was before the night at the lake. I can just do some other stuff now too." she confessed as she rested against him, listening to his heartbeat.

"So I haven't been trying to avoid you or anything. We've just had meetings and examinations stuff as they tried to figure out what happened to us, how it happened and what to do about the aliens. They just told us tonight that we need to keep living our normal lives as much as possible though, so that means playing football, hanging out and all that, and also means more time to see each other."

"We're still probably gonna game too. I wasn't lying about that at all. You can come play too, you know. You should. I know is sounds corny, but it's way more fun than you think." she encouraged.

"And it's more time to be together." she added, lifting up Sandy's other hand to steal a bite of his burger with a smile.

Spoiler

This was written by both Nina and Noir.

The next few days go by without incident. School and home life are adjusted to the new realities of being secret warriors for the government.

Even reluctant Sara falls in line and with comforting support by Sean, starts to get into the training.

As for the training, McKeller opts to forgo the usual SEAL emphasis on physical extreme training to instead focus on team work and tactics. He asses the Irregulars with a critical eye and begins to devise programs and problems to task the individual abilities of the group. Time is also made for Alec, Abel, and Sean to work with the scientists on the various projects as well as them being given access to what was denied material and information.

Before the kids know it Shelly High Schools return to the football field for their first playoff game arrives. Their opponents are the Huntley Project Red Devils and it is an away game in Worden about 330 miles away from Shelly. Due to the distance involved the game will be held Saturday afternoon.

WORDEN MONTANA

Saturday October 29 11:30AM

The bus is bouncing along down the road after leaving the interstate, it has been a tedious trip for Alec and Lilly. For the last five hours they have been cramped in this smelly bus with a bunch of kids they really have even less in common with now than they did before. The only thing keeping them sane is the existence of Guild Chat.

Kia is in the Cheerleaders van a much more comfortable ride than a normal bus and about half of the cheerleaders like her more than longtime head cheerleader Courtney so there is a pretty even divide in the van with the two cliques ignoring the other.

Abel, Sean, Sara, and Talena are in Abel's jeep following along behind the buses carrying the team, Cheerleaders, and the band.

Spoiler

This is just a set up post more will follow but i need some information. first Alec, Abel, and Sean I need to know what it is you three have requested information wise and what scientific project you will each be working on. let me know this asap by posting in OOC please

i need to know if the gang held a gaming session the night before the game (friday)

if anyone needs or wants to make a post for something they did during the remainder of the week before the game go right ahead but do it as a flashback. Once I have the above informaton I will continue in current time but i will also respond in any flashbacks as needed.

Lilly's Bedroom

Thursday Night-Friday Morning

Lilly finished changing into her cami and boyshorts and turned the teddy bear back around on her dressed. She walked over to her bed, pulled the sheets back and slipped in. Though sleep was no longer requirement for her, it was still something she tried to do. She was used to it, and the more 'normal' things and routine she could keep to, the better she thought it would be for her mentality.

On a cold night it felt so nice to be in bed and under her comforter. Cold no longer affected her to speak off, figuring it was a side effect of the lack of pain she felt too now, but still, she endjoyed the feeling of being in a warm bed, and quickly Lilly drifted off to sleep.

She had enjoyed being able to spend more time with Sandy. She was afraid that being honest with him might tear them apart, but it anything, it only seemed to bring them together. He was incredibly trusting and understand, more than he had any business being, really, but Lilly appreciated it. The pair has become slightly more physical since that night at the pond, kissing and holding hands, but the teenage mind could not help but wander a bit.

Lilly found Sandy attractive, and though that attraction was certainly more than just physical, she did find him physically attractive as well. Lately though, she had found other thoughts drifting in her head. Seeing Sean and Sara together had made Lilly consider things in the back of her head, thought she was uncertain about. Though not specifically attracted to Sean or Sara physically or otherwise, aside from friendship, she could not help but notice the girls around her. She found them attractive too, and that confused her somewhat. It didn't change what she felt for Sandy, nor diminish her attraction though. She simply appreciated the female form more than she had before.

The thought were nothing new. She had been having them for many months now, but they were very minor and something she did not pay much attention to, or so she thought. But then after the night at the lake, when they had become enhanced, they almost all changed physically. Sean was the most changed, of course, swapping from one gender to another, but what had caught Lilly off guard were the changes in her own body. Everything was a little more toned and tighter, while still balancing that femininity, but most of all, she had noticed a change in her chest, and she did not expect that. She thought she was happy with her body, but their enhancement brought with it some level of wish-fulfillment, and with that came a slight change in her proportions, keeping her incredible level of fitness and physique, while still making her somewhat more feminine and her proportions more pleasing. Though bra shopping with Kia, since her enhancement, had been interesting.

All of that had led to her mind wondering as she slept, drifting from Sandy to thought of girls, though nobody specific. It was more of just dwelling on the figure and female form, the dream permitting her a level of freedom she would not dare normally. She found herself snuggling and caressing some other girl. She could not see her face, but she was fit too, like Lilly, as physical fitness was always something she found pleasing to the eye. She enjoyed the feeling of the girl next to her, the smell of her hair and her sensual touch. The dream was so vivid, easily the most 'real' ream she had ever experienced and she the other girl caressed and snuggled. The result was something more sensual than sexual, but it was pleasing none the less, leaving Lilly panting softly.

Then came a knock at the door.

"Lilly, honey. Time to get up." her mother's voice came drifting through the door.

With a faint smile on her lips from such a pleasant dream, Lilly's eyes slowly blinked opened... and looked into her own eyes.

"What the hell?" she said... well.. they said.. in unison, sitting up slightly.

Laying in bed with her, facing her, with a hand on each other's hip, was another Lilly, identically dressed with their hair tied up the exact same way. And then it began to dawn on her. I hadn't been a dream.. or maybe it had, but in the process she had manifested a new ability. She could make duplicates of herself, identical in every way, including enhancements, though she knew that they could not duplicate themselves.

"I.. That was.. I mean.. I'm not..." she stammered, her head still swimming.

"I know. Me too..." the other Lilly said as she looked at Lilly, "But maybe I.. or you... I mean... maybe we..."

"What is up with my life." Lilly groaned and buried her face in the pillow as the other Lilly lay her head right beside her's and rubbed her back.

"I know. This is... weird." she soothed.

Slowly the other Lilly seemed to fade away, the bed shifted, no longer supporting her weight and Lilly could remember the thoughts and experiences of the other Lilly too.

Weird indeed.

SATERDAY IN ABEL'S JEEP

ON THE WAY TO THE GAME

The backseat of the jeep was fucking uncomfortable and Sara, who hated long car trips to begin with, was unable even to nap. Eversince the change her stamina and lack of fatigueand just her overall toughness and fitness had grown and now she was never tired, never hungry, the hot or cold didn't bother her, hell not breathing didn't even bother her anymore as she found out late the night after Capt. Mckeller drafted them....

TUESDAY NIGHT

AFTER THE MEETING AT THE BASE

They had mingled for only a few minutes after the meeting, then Lilly rushed out to meet Sandy, followed by Kia and Abel taking off to spend a little time together, leaving Alec, Sean, and Sara standing there outside the building in the middle of the base.

I'm meeting Talena at her house...homework,”Alec says kind of shyly, “I'll see you guys tomorrow, bye.” He looked around real quick to make sure noone was nearby to see and then he just wasn't there at all anymore.

Not sure I will ever get used to that.” muttered Sara as she took Sean's hand and led/pulled her around the side of the building where she embraced her and launched her and her lover into the sky.

Later after getting Sean home and making out for a good hour it was time for Sean to go in, she had things to talk to her parents about and wanted to get it done before they went to bed. They said good night and Sara flew off, Sean was a little worried about how caviler Sara was about displaying her power but wasn't ready to say anything yet.

Sara floated trough the cloudless sky it was cold and dark the waning moon resting on the horizon seeming to beckon like a siren calling ships at see. Without thinking Sara turned and shot off at her fastest speed toward the crescent so far far away.

She flew faster and faster higher and higher just enjoying the thrill of flying then she realized she couldn't feel the rush of the wind as it peeled away from her like usual when she flew. That brought her to a stop and she hovered looking down at the incredible sight below. She didn't know how high she was but the earth curved away from her and she could actually see the were the atmosphere gave way to nothingness, and she was above that.

She wasn't breathing, hadn't been for sometime she realized ,she felt the extreme cold and it didn't phase her at all. She should be dead but she wasn't.

<Sean! Baby I'm in space!> Her thought full of wonder and joy shot out and Sean could see what she was seeing through her eyes.

It was a glorious moment of revelation for both of them.

SATURDAY IN THE JEEP

Sara smile at the memory then she leaned over and put her head on her lovers shoulder and closed her eyes.

She was at peace, bumpy road and all.

SATURDAY
IN ABEL'S JEEP,
ON THE WAY TO THE GAME

Sean spent part of the trip designing a personal vehicle in her head. She couldn't keep borrowing her mother's car, and if she was going to get her own, it should be a super car - she was a super woman, after all. She had already tuned-up her mom's car, so it was running better than new. With the right parts and some time, she could make a car - or maybe a motorcycle, that would be badass - that would make a Bugatti weep in inadequacy and have James Bond talking with Q.

Sitting in the back seat with an arm around Sara, her head on her shoulder, Sean, smiled in remembrance, knowing what Sara was thinking about it. It must be stifling to Sara, compared to the freedom of flying so fast and so far. I need to make a spacesuit... But there were things she could do to ease Sara's discomfort. She unbuckled their seatbelts and with effortless ease, she pulled Sara onto her lap and angled herself to the side somewhat, giving her long legs some extra space.

"Here, I've got some extra padding to share, hon," Sean murmured with a grin, looping her arms around Sara's waist and holding her close. Sara could feel Sean's full breasts against her back with each breath she took. "Lean back and relax, it's not that much longer. Abel, put the music back on."

Her drastic transformation had eased or eliminated some of her anxieties. She wasn't self-conscious about her looks anymore, far from it, and was more demonstrative and okay with public displays of affection now. But one of things she enjoyed the most was no longer being concerned about sounding like a girl. She had actually liked singing before, but had stopped when her voice started sounding more feminine than masculine.

Now, she sang along with the radio far more frequently and wasn't as concerned if there were people around to hear. She had always had a great voice, though few had known it. Now, as she sang along with the music, the others realized it was beyond compare, and Sean exulted in her voice rather than being ashamed of it.

WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON
THE CASSIDY RESIDENCE

Sean hummed along with the radio as she sashayed about the kitchen cooking dinner for her family and Sara. Sara couldn't help but smile at the dichotomy of a woman that looked like Sean wearing an apron and doing something so domestic as cooking dinner, but Sean also looked very natural doing so as well. Cooking and baking was one of the few things that Sean had always enjoyed doing that many would consider a feminine activity. In this, Sara could clearly see the Sean she had first met.

Her vision had increased the most, but all of Sean's senses had increased beyond human levels and seemed to be incrementally expanding even more at a constant rate. She found herself spending extra effort when she cooked now, far more aware of the interactions of tastes and flavours. It gave her a greater appreciation for the creations of top chefs and she was finding enjoyment in making her own, even if it just was homemade pasta and spaghetti sauce.

True, learning that Sara didn't need to eat anymore had something to do with it too. If she didn't need food, Sean at least wanted to make her something she could enjoy. She had a surprise for her after dinner to celebrate the revelation Sara had made last night.

Sean had spoken with her parents yesterday about the meeting with the General and the situation the Irregulars found themselves in and they respected what Sean and Sara could talk about. Laurelei was not so circumspect, eagerly pestering both of the enhanced girls about what they could do. If she seemed a bit jealous about their superhuman abilities and her former brother's superhuman looks, she was also genuinely happy they had found each other and their relationship had endured their transformations.

She still wasn't ever going to go bra shopping with Sean again though, or allow any boyfriend she had come anywhere near her new sister.

After dinner, they cleaned up, Sara helping with the dishes, then Sean led her to her room/workshop in the barn. This was one of the few others that seemed little different from the old Sean, except for even more monitors hooked up to her PC set-up. One corner of the barn now held a bed, Sean having moved down from the pile of pillows in the loft after hitting her head on the low, sloping roof more than once.

"I got a small surprise for you, Sara," Sean said in a playful, lusty tone. "It's not everyday a girl makes it as an astronaut. I'll be right back."

Sean dashed back out of the barn. Sara spent a few moments looking around. One computer seemed to be a video game, either one Sean was playing or programming, she wasn't sure. Most of the others were too technical for her make out, and set on a font she found uncomfortably small. The last one drew her interest - it looked like a blueprint for an ambitious expansion to the barn, turning it into a full-fledged bungalow with a loft.

Sean returned carrying a dome-covered tray and a pair of plates in her hands. She slid the door close with a deft motion of her foot then swayed over to the cleared gaming table and set down her surprise and beckoned Sara over with a finger. She had always been proud of her baking and was especially pleased with how this creation turned out. She hoped Sara would like it.

She sat Sara down then stood behind her, her hands kneading her shoulders as she leaned over. "You have no idea how good it felt to feel the sheer wonder you felt last night, flying beyond the bounds of Earth," Sean admitted in heartfelt empathy, giving Sara a kiss on top of the head. "Here's just a little something to celebrate the achievement. An achievement more impressive and worthy of acknowledgment than a mere birthday."

Sara lifted the dome and revealed a gorgeous cake, decorated like a galaxy that was now within reach of her will.

Spoiler

0dab4034ce9558347c5b1b7e1bb1981f.jpg

WORDEN MONTANA

Saturday October 29 11:30AM

On The Bus Heading To The Game

The bus ride was long, and mildly tedious, though Lilly knew that even at her top speed it would take her an hour to run the distance. So the ride was not so bad with that in mind, and considering she got to sit with Sandy. It was at the same time enjoyable and difficult, because though the rest of the team knew they were dating, the bus trip on the way to a playoff game was not the place to be showing much affection, so the pair contented themselves by letting their legs touch and occasionally holding hands underneath the binder as they went over plays, especially the couple of new trick plays the coach had added to practice.

< These away game bus rides suck. At least we're almost there. It'll be nine or ten o'clock before we are back home though. Bleh. Thanks for coming though, guys. I, and the team, appreciate the support. > she thought over Guild Chat.

WORDEN MONTANA

SATURDAY BEFORE THE GAME

The buses pulled into the stadium parking lot followed by the small group of supporters cars that had made the journey with the team. The kids and coaches and other riders of the buses disembarked and unloaded as fast as they could not leaving much time for the kids to mingle with friends or family.

For Alec none of his family had come all of them had been busy at work but his friends were there and the one he most wanted to see was running to him right that instant.

Talena had looked back in the jeep at Sean and Sara and it filled her heart with joy to see the two of them at peace and in love, it made her think of Alec and her feelings toward him...

SHELLY HIGH SCHOOL
WEDNESDAY MORNING

Talena had slept soundly and dreamed again Raven had come to her and playfully chided her about her romance with the Knight of Light then Raven took her to see Bear. Bear frightened her, not because he was mean or menacing or because of anything he did. In fact Bear was the most gentle and kindly, not at all like Wolf. But Bear told things that laid darkness at the door and made shadows claw at the windows.

When Talena awoke she shoved the memories of her dream deep down and readied herself for school, Alec would be picking her up soon.

At breakfast all her friends were there and she could see that Sara and Sean seemed very happy much more so than they had yesterday. Something Bear had said came to mind unbidden but she kept her mouth shut.

Once the were all seated Lilly began talking about gaming and when were they going to start back up then she suggested that Sandy wanted to join them. This stopped everyone cold as they all looked at both Lilly and Sandy until Sandy spoke.

Yeah Lilly told me about the game and sold me on giving it a try. Who knows maybe some of the superpower stuff will rub off,” he grinned and the continued much more quietly, “So Lilly told me pretty much what she could do, so what about the rest of you? Can any of you fly?”

Spoiler

You may respond in this flashback

WORDEN MONTANA

SATURDAY BEFORE THE GAME

Abel drove on, the ride honestly didn't bother him.   He loved his jeep, and how it drove.  It had a character all its own. His radio worked rather well, and he turned it on at Sean's request. <I don't mind the drive really, gives some quality time together after a fashion.   And Of course we'd all come.  We gotta stick together, and even without powers, I know we'd still be here, to show our support for our friends.>

The last few days, mostly of teamwork training and  research had been something of a blur.  He spent all his time awake studying, researching or training, and it was already working.   Still, he found time to spend with Kia, even if it was just walking or in one instance, watching a movie.  A part of his brain railed against the illogical usage of his time, and the rest countered that You had to Live life, not simply exist moment to moment.  

SHELLY HIGH SCHOOL
WEDNESDAY MORNING

Abel sat there, and gave Lily a long hard look. Maintaining secrecy was important, and telling him what she could do was certainly the opposite of that.   Still it was done, and in part Abel figured Sandy might remember some of that fateful night.   "I can.   I can also generate a protective field.   That's what I used that night at the cabin to help keep everyone else safe."

WORDEN MONTANA
SATURDAY BEFORE THE GAME

Sean climbed out of the Jeep and stretched, arms above her head and up on her toes. She might be tougher than the greatest heavy weight boxer, but it still felt good to stretch after staying in one position for an extended amount of time in a confined space. She could have claimed shotgun and the extra leg room in the front seat, but taking the back seat with Sara had been much more enjoyable.

Eyes turned towards the tall, incredibly gorgeous woman. Sean was fully aware of her looks, and clearly unabashed about them, delighted in them even, but in the last few days, her friends had noticed a change. Sean seemed to feel far less need to flaunt her looks like she had soon after her chrysalis, to tease with them, to see what she could get away with or what effects she could cause. Instead of a new toy to play with, her looks were just a part of her, and conversely she seemed to attract even more notice now.

Sean waved at her sister, who seemed relieved at finally escaping the confines of the cheerleaders' van, standing closer to Kia than Courtney, subtly revealing which camp she had thrown in with. Her eyes narrowed slightly on Courtney. Then she twined her fingers with Sara's, unconsciously noting who started whispering or making comments and what they were saying.

"Wanna go grab something quick to eat while they get set up, instead of subsisting on stadium food?" she asked Sara and Abel, then sent out over guildchat. <Lilly, Alec, you want us to pick you guys up something too?>

SHELLEY HIGHSCHOOL
WEDNESDAY MORNING

Sean arched a brow at Lilly and Sandy as she took a sip of her coffee. She didn't have anything against Lilly revealing things to Sandy, she was just mildly surprised. It would make things easier and less awkward if Lilly pursued the relationship with him, if Sandy himself could handle the revelation and its ramifications.

"And what else Lilly told you, Sandy?" Sean asked lightly, amused, but there was an intensity in her flashing turquoise eyes.

"Um, yes, she didn't actually need to tell me, uh, how alike you and your, er 'cousin' are, Sean," Sandy admitted, blushing slightly, unable to stop his gaze from noticing how well she filled out her fitted, tailored shirt. But to his credit, his eyes went right back to Sean's face, even if it seemed to take a bit of effort. "It's really kinda obvious, when you just look and pay attention."

"Um-hmm." Sean nodded in acknowledgment. It had only been meant to be a stopgap measure, not a perpetual deception anyway.

<What else did you tell him, Lilly?> Sean asked the high-school football star and superhuman. <Just asking so we don't mention something you rather go unsaid for the moment or want to tell him yourself? Does he know about Guildchat?>

"No, no I can't fly," Sean said equally softly, lips tugging up in a small grin. Under the table, she teased Sara's leg with a deft foot worked free of her shoe. "What powers do you think I have, Sandy? And before you answer, know for the most part, super girls are physically stronger than super guys."

SHELLEY HIGHSCHOOL
WEDNESDAY MORNING

14 minutes ago, Sean Cassidy said:

<What else did you tell him, Lilly?> Sean asked the high-school football star and superhuman. <Just asking so we don't mention something you rather go unsaid for the moment or want to tell him yourself? Does he know about Guildchat?>

<Nothing really specific, that i could heal and that I was superhuman, I kinda indicated that I had to hold back when I played football. That's all I told him.> Lilly thinks back quickly.

19 minutes ago, Sean Cassidy said:

"No, no I can't fly," Sean said equally softly, lips tugging up in a small grin. Under the table, she teased Sara's leg with a deft foot worked free of her shoe. "What powers do you think I have, Sandy? And before you answer, know for the most part, super girls are physically stronger than super guys."

Sandy blinks and looks at Alec and Abel with a questioning look.

Abel just nods and Alec looks at Talena and the rest then leans forward and almost whispers so as not to be heard by the other nearby tables.

"I can heal like Lilly, as well as control light in a lot of different ways, and I can teleport," Alec's grin grows bigger as he tells Sandy as if saying it out loud makes it more real than everything they have done in secret so far has.

Sara almost spit her coffee onto the table when she felt Sean's very dexterous foot running up the leg of her jeans. She gave the Sexy woman a look of warning coupled with a very wicked smile. Across the table Abel coughed as the very strong thoughts from Sean and Sara overload most of the other thoughts clamoring for his attentions. Sara shot him a suddenly dark glare before grinning at him, after all it wasn't really his fault.

Abel heard that thought as well <it isn't his fault> <it isn't his fault><it isn't his fault it isn't his fault><itisn'thisfaultitisn'thisfault>

Memories cascade as chambers and rooms in his mind open releasing  those memories. Memories of breakfasts and lunches of games in close quarters at his house and at Sean's, Memories of years and months, Days and Weeks in the presence of his friends Alec, Felix, and Sean for the longest then Lilly and finally Kia. Their minds open to him constantly and his roaming through theirs never deep at least that what he tells himself but his memories tell a different story. Then Sara even though they were never really friends they had classes together and she always thought of her songs and that gave his mind ease so he always listened to her mind closely when they had classes together.   <it isn't his fault>

But now he realized that it was.

Sara laughed out loud took and bite of toast slathered with real butter and strawberry jam. Sandy looked at the blond who had a huge grin on her face.

"Well I can tell you that while Sean can't fly she certainly isn't afraid of flying." giggled Sara "I fly Sandy and I command the elements, And as the newest member of the Irregulars let me be the first to welcome you to our little club."

WORDEN MONTANA

SATURDAY BEFORE THE GAME

Lilly hefted her bag of gear off the ground, her upper body leaning sharply away from the bag to counter the weight of it. She looked up and her parents in the parking lot, close, but not wanting to interfere with all of the activity around the bus. She smiled brightly and waved, which prompted a smile and wave from the both of them. As Lilly turned to head to the locker room, her parents turned to get a good seat in the bleachers.

Lilly was happy that they were not only both at her game, but had even made the long trip out to support her and the team. Her smile grew even more when she saw Talen running so enthusiastically  at at Alec. 

"Don't take too long." she teased Alec and then headed to the locker room.

< Thanks, but we don't have time. We have to hurry up and change and get warmed up. They didn't allow much time. Besides, I think about your only option in town is chips or jerky or something from the gas station. At least what we eat doesn't seem to impact our bodies much. Heh. > Lilly thought back over Guild Chat in reply to Sean's question.

Maybe we can go to Billings and celebrate. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised Coach has something planned and I am sure that, if he did, that the boosters and such would be welcomed too. > she added.

SHELLY HIGH SCHOOL
WEDNESDAY MORNING

Lilly looks a bit surprised by Sandy's question, with an eyebrow raised as she still held her fork in her mouth. He had not shown such interest in their abilities the other night at the pond, so this was a little odd.

< But nothing more than that. Like, he didn't really ask me what I could do. > Lilly added to her previous thought and then continued, < It actually wasn't a big deal to him, and to be honest, he had figured most hings out on his own already and when it all happened. Like how he and Talena were in the same cabin as us, but we were taken to the base... which does not even have a hospital. And the lake is now fenced off and stuff and guarded. How Alec put of 50 lbs of muscle and several inched of height, even though he slouches to try and hide it. And he was not fooled by the lightning strike story and especially not by the 'Sean's cousin thing'. Other stuff too. He's pretty sharp. He didn't pry or bug me about though, so I'm a little surprised he asked you guys, honestly.>

"Dude. Chill. Not the place." she teased Sandy, hitting her thigh against his and took another bite of her breakfast.

<Oh! And now, I didn't tell him about Guild Chat. It was my understand that none of use tell anybody about it. Though we might want to talk at some point about telling McKeller or still keeping it to ourselves. > she added.

WORDEN MONTANA
SATURDAY BEFORE THE GAME

<Okay, Lilly, just thought I should ask,> Sean replied. <We'll take a look around and see what we can find. No worries, we'll be back before kick-off. Good idea about Billings. We should do that, even if the Coach doesn't have anything planned.>

"C'mon guys, I'm starving and I need a coffee," Sean urged Sara and Abel. "Let's see what Worden has, hopefully something more than a 7-11 or Gas Station. You can pick Kia up something while she preps with the cheerleaders."

Giving Sara's fingers a squeeze, Sean continued holding her hand, linked her other arm with Abel's and started walking down the street, trusting in her overactive senses and city organizational statistics to lead them to where they wanted to go. Besides, despite having the Highway passing right through it, Worden was even smaller than Shelly.

They drew eyes, almost as much as for not being from Worden as for Sean's height and looks, or being a group of two girls and one guy, or the way the two girls held hands that suggested they were more than mere friends. Sean wasn't annoyed by the attention, even if she was by a comment or two she overheard, or reveled in it, but just accepted it for what it was.

"This'll do, if it isn't too busy," Sean declared, stopping outside a building, a sign proclaiming it the Dark Horse Saloon & Eatery. Worden didn't seem to even have a Subway, but this place appeared to be Worden's version of Bunnies, the place the locals frequented.

SHELLY HIGH SCHOOL
WEDNESDAY MORNING

Sean's luscious lips curved in a slow, satisfied, enigmatic, and very feminine grin at Sara's reaction to her playful contact and her comment about her breathtaking flying abilities. If anything, her smile widened at Abel's embarrassed cough. Sean wasn't embarrassed about what she was currently thinking about. And while she now made a concerted effort not to leak mental noise for Abel's benefit - to variable degrees of success and failure - he would have to live with whatever he overheard.

<Gotcha, Lilly, thanks for the heads up,> Sean replied, taking a bite of her bacon and egg on a cinnimon-raisin bagel sandwich, then casually brushed crumbs from her chest. She had heard her sisters talk before, but it really seemed true that boobs and cleavage went out of their way to catch food. <Let's keep Guildchat as our ace in the hole, for now, just in case.>

Sean nodded her welcome after Sara. "Hope you don't come to regret it, Sandy," Sean added with a small grin, "though I have to admit, you seem to be talking it all in very well. Quite commendable. Lilly's right and we should save the Q & A for later, but since the others shared, let me say, think of me as Captain American, Black Widow, and Iron Man, all rolled into one, minus the Shield, Power Suit, or infinite money."

WORDEN MONTANA
SATURDAY BEFORE THE GAME

Walking arm in arm with Sean and Sara was a novel experience, something that would never have happened two months ago.   Still he allowed them to  lead on, he'd pick up something for Kia, knowing her tastes, and bring it back.  "It should be fine Sean, even if it is.   We have abit of time."  in Guild chat he teased  <try not to rile the locals too much, we don't want to miss the game.>

SHELLY HIGH SCHOOL
WEDNESDAY MORNING

Abel's eyes narrowed, and the rest of the world seemed to pull away from him.  His expanded intellect quickly ran through all the facts, and the assertion was solidified in his mind.     <It is my fault.>  He'd never even known that he had left this small compartment of their thoughts, and secrets.  He sighed and tried to collect his thoughts.   He locked away everything from them so he wouldn't know, but now, here it all was.  More than that, he could still feel them through the link.  < After the game, that's when I'll tell them.  Nobody needs this potential distraction until then.>

All the color had seemed to drain from his face, and he looked down, glad he'd finished eating.  He wasn't hungry anymore for once.  A small smile curled his lips as he heard Sean's self assessment of her abilities.  "Yet."  he added

SATURDAY BEFORE THE GAME

WORDEN MONTANA

The three young adults stepped into the Dark Horse Saloon and Eatery and back in time. At least that's how it looked. The building had been built in the 1920's and truth be told was not much different than it had been back then. To say that the Saloons was rustic and vintage was an understatement. The only thing making them believe they were still in the 21st century was the ATM machine by the restrooms and the large plasma screen along one wall by the old fashioned bar. The saloon was quiet and empty and for a moment the kids thought that maybe it was closed then a handsome woman, maybe in her late fifties early sixties, with white hair cut short, wearing jeans, boots and a western style shirt came out from what the kids guessed was the kitchen

Spoiler

Dixie.jpeg

“Thought I heard the door,” said the older woman as she picked up a order pad, “ ya just made it, was, fixing to close her up. Gotta big game in town, but seeing as I don't recognize any of ya, I guess you know about the game already.” She looks the three of them over noticing that Sean is holding Sara's hand, but doesn't seem overly bothered by it.

“Oh we're sorry ma'am, we didn't know you were closed we can go some...” Sean said apologetically before being cut off.

“Non-sense, I can whip up some burgers for ya if that's what you want, just grab a seat and look over the menu while I get you some waters.”

AT THE STADIUM

Lilly felt good but while changing in the locker room she came out and saw Chet talking with his buddy's on the defense, whispering to them, actually. He saw her looking at him and grinned at her.

“Looking good Pryor,” He made a little kissy face as Sandy came up beside her and gave the defensive end and all around asshole a glare.

Chet threw up his hands in a I surrender motion. “It's all cool Sandman. All you guys gotta do is make the plays and we'll keep em in the dirt.” Chet says with a wink at Lilly before clapping his guys on the shoulder and moving off play locker room grab ass.

“What was that all about? I don't think I have ever seen Chet that excited about a game usually he's a nervous wreck.” Sandy shook his head

IN FRONT OF THE STANDS

The Cheerleaders were gathered in front of the stands warming up as their supporters trickled in to take their seats. Kia recognized Col Pryor and his wife and smiled then grew wide eyed when she saw her own mother and father joining them as well as Dr. Rashoud. She was so surprised that she hadn't even noticed Courtney coming up to her until the taller girls was standing right in front of her blocking the view of the stands.

“Are you ready to start Mizuki or do you need some more gawking time,” asked Courtney with dripping sarcasm.

BACK AT THE DARK HORSE SALOON

The had sat and looked over the simple menu then order a bunch of burgers and fries to go. The Lady who had introduced herself as Dixie, had gone in the back and was cooking up their meal. Sara and Abel were talking about Sara's new character in the new game Abel had introduced them to the previous night when he took over game mastering from Sean. They had started up with character generation and Sara had been exceedingly wishy washy about what she wanted to play.

Sean was smiling at listening to Sara talk animatedly about the game, Like a real diehard gamer. She reached out and picked up her glass of pop and her eyes were drawn to the condensation on the plastic glass.

The drops glistened and swirled as they rolled down the surface and a feeling of uneasy awareness itched across the back of her neck. In the individual she saw fire and explosions, death and destruction and then her eye was drawn to the wet ring where the glass had sat and she saw a vision of horror matching anything she had ever seen in a movie. A city burning a city on earth, she recognized the Sydney Opera House. It wasn't just a vision it wasn't a fear she knew that she herself was in danger, that somewhere things had been put in motion that would directly threaten her very existence and could lead to the destruction of a major metropolitan city.

Kia blinked in surprise and looked up at Courtney, then broke into her bright, infectious smile.

"Totally ready! Excuse me a second."

She stepped around Courtney and gave a big wave across the field to where her folks were sitting.

"I like knowing where my family's sitting. Helps get me all psyched knowing they're watching. Don't you think?"

With that, Kia headed back towards where the rest of the squad was doing their warmups, already going over the routine in her head. She'd noticed in the course of the weeks since getting powers that even without taking some other shape she was still a lot stronger than she had been. It was unclear to her just how much stronger, or if it was 'superhumanly' strong or just strong 'for a girl her size.' Kia was pretty sure she wasn't as strong as, say, Lilly...but that left a lot of room for uncertainty. She hadn't really tried to test herself yet.

It did, however, give her thoughts for cool cheer moves that would have been beyond her before though. She wasn't sure if there'd be time to work something out that was impressive but not too obvious before the school year was over, was the thing. Well, there was always college.

Assuming, of course, they could stop this whole alien thing over the summer. Damn, that'd really SUCK if they had to skip a year because of it!

He nodded politely when she offered to remain open to quickly make them something, deciding on simple hamburgers and a soda.  Suddenly he could feel the wave of emotion wash over Sean, and while he couldn't see what he saw, he'd let Sean show him, if she wanted to, He reached out mentally.  <Sean, what's wrong?  Another of your visions?>

While he had been "listening to Lily and Kia as well, he did smile as they both handled things well.   The decision for him to run the game had been something he talked over with Sean, and while not quite as good at it as Sean  (due mostly to a lack of experience) he did well enough and avoided killing anyone through action or boredom.

While Sean had grown more demonstrative in her affections and feelings since her beginning her relationship with Sara, and especially after her transformation, she had also grown far more adept at concealing her anger, upset, or irritation, if she desired. Training with McKellar and their first gaming session since all this started had shown Sean to be a superb performer and actress, award winning even.

So despite being assaulted by a vivid premonition from an unknown source, after a moment of sightlessly staring at her drink, Sean took a sip of Pepsi, then set her glass on the scarred surface of the table. But Abel couldn't help but be aware of the emotions flowing from his friend before Sean stomped on the leak with an effort of will and a wall of technical mental noise.

And though Sean might be disturbingly good at concealing any tells, or indeed, affecting false ones, Sara was growing good at noticing the cues, or the lack of them, when Sean was disturbed or concerned about something and didn't want to worry her with it. Sean was inhumanly still, her chest not even rising and falling with her breath, not blinking, not even a flicker of an eyelash. When she did move, there was an almost mechanical precision and smoothness to it. Sara noticed this in her girlfriend now as she trailed of dithering between two options for her character.

Sean released a deep breathe she hadn't even known she was holding, then gave her head a shake. She blinked gorgeous turquoise eyes and refocused on her long-time friend and her girlfriend. She used her other senses, mainly hearing, but scent, and even touch to judge the flow of air about her to judge where the store owner was to make sure she couldn't overhear, though she kept her voice subtly soft just in case.

"Not a vision, exactly," Sean amended, not using Guildchat for the moment. There was nothing to be done about it at the moment, no sense of when the something bad would happen, so she didn't want to worry the others and wreck any enjoyment from what should be a thrilling and fun time for them. "Vivid, but more still a sense of.... probabilities calcifying."

Her perfects turned down in a slight frown. She could strip down and rebuild an alien energy reactor, but trying to explain superhuman senses to those who didn't have them, especially when they seemed to be continuing to grow and expand was still extremely difficult. Is the danger actually targeted towards Sydney, or was the Opera House just a place holder for any landmark indicating a major Metropolitan area?

"Okay, you know the saying about a butterfly flapping its wings and causing a hurricane on the other side of the world? The Butterfly Effect?" After sharing a look, Sara and Abel looked back at Sean and nodded. Most people took it to mean that big events were caused by and could possibly be predicted by small events, when in actuality, it was a Chaos Theory principle about small events changing the shape of the big events, but it was an academic distinction. "Well, I just a butterfly's wings flap. And it might mean soon, we'll be taking a trip to the Down-Under."

Sean pulled out her phone and using an App she had written before sprouting boobs but had optimized afterwards, set up notification alerts on Social Media and News sites for anything odd coming out from Sydney or Australia. It was broad in scope and possibly to early to show up on the net, if the first rock rolling down the proverbial hill was terrestrial in origin, but she could read about ten times faster than a regular person.

"If you guys can, try to keep this between us for now," Sean asked, giving Sara's leg a squeeze under the table. "I want the others to focus on the game and having fun, rather than worrying about something we can't do anything about at the moment, 'kay? I'll tell them what I know, and give the Colonel and Captain a heads up, afterwards, I promise."

Archived