ABERRANT: WEIRDER STUFF - CHAPTER II "Sometimes Eating the Cake Just Isn't Enough"

WS ST

"Dude. I didn't say 'no'. I said 'sure'." she reminded Sandy.

"...as long as we are not gaming. We've been gaming ever weekend for a long time now. You know that." she added.

"But considering our GM is now out of state, that's pretty unlikely. So it's a longshot that we'll game." she reassured.

"So chill out You're acting like such a girl." she clearly teased with a playful, hitting his shoulder with her own.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I'm not acting like a girl Lilly, I'm acting like the guy that's trying to date you," Sandy tries but can't quite keep an edge of anger out of his voice.

"I want to be with you and that's not a game. I don't know what to do here. My heads been screwed up ever since we got struck by lightning and I can't get you out of my head. I dream of you and it's not the normal kind of dreams a guy has about a girl."

Sandy steps back  looking lost and upset.

"I don't know maybe this was all a bad idea."

Lilly blinked, obviously surprised at Sandy's reaction. She stopped and touched his arm, turning him toward her as she sighed.

< Damnit. I'm not sure how this is gonna go with Sandy, He's.. I dunno. > she thought to Kia with her potential fear, irritation and disappointment slowly bubbling to the surface of her thoughts. 

"Well, two things. First, we have been gaming every weekend almost since my family moved here. That's a long standing tradition with my friends. I'm not going to blow off all of them for a date. And if I did, then I would not be the kind of girl you want to date."

"Well, three things, actually." she said as a mild irritation surfaced in her.

The irritation was only barely about Sandy and their situation, having more to do with all of the craziness over the last few weeks, but he had the unfortunate luck of stepping in it, or at least skirting the edge of it.

"Second, we are probably NOT going to be gaming since Sean moved away and he was the GM. If we even do keep gaming, it is likely going to be on pause for a few weeks. Normally we have the night worked out well in advance, so we can work around it. Like if we are gaming Saturday, then we can go out Friday, or vice versa. Right now though, it's all up in the air. so I will have to find out. Odds are though that we are NOT gaming. So I have given the best answer I could, one that is far, far more likely than not, and you are, well, basically whining. That's not the Sandy I know. Or t least I don't think it is. And you know that if I could just blow them off, then I wouldn't be a girl you wanted to date." she said sincerely.

"Third, you wanting to be with me might not be a game, but YOU are keeping it very casual. You just ask for a date here or there, never anything more. And I have never, not once, ever turned you down. You even drag ass on just asking me sometimes. I actually DID turn down Dan, who is a nice guy to and honestly asked me first, because I was pretty sure you were going to ask me to the dance. If that doesn't tell you that I chose you, along with going to Homecoming with you, spending all day down in Great Falls with you, going to the lake party with you, letting you hold my books, hugging you and everything else, then I don't know what else to do. I mean, if you can't read that writing on the wall, then that's on you, not me. " Lilly said, her tone not angry or upset, but more frustrated than anything else.

"I've been patient and never once turned you down, and you go acting like this, trying to put it on me? Like, I know your rusty from Dating Courtney for however long, but come on. Seriously dude. I cannot make it anymore obvious without, like streamers and fireworks or something." she finished with a joke, trying to ease the tension just a bit.

<Aww...he's just scared! Be nice to him!> Kia responded via MindMail, and added with a sort of telepathic 'giggle' of transmitted amusement, <This is actually WAY better than texting!>

She paused inside the building, waiting for Lilly to catch up.

11 hours ago, Lilly Ann Pryor said:

"I've been patient and never once turned you down, and you go acting like this, trying to put it on me? Like, I know your rusty from Dating Courtney for however long, but come on. Seriously dude. I cannot make it anymore obvious without, like streamers and fireworks or something." she finished with a joke, trying to ease the tension just a bit.

Sandy heard what she was saying, his heart started beating faster and faster, he raised his hand reaching out for her and....

Sandy stepped forward and put his hands on either side of Lilly's face leaned in and kissed her and..

She kissed him back passionately and...

she reared back and slapped him and....

Grabbed his wrist before he made contact and with some sort of super kung fu move flipped him end over end and....

11 hours ago, Lilly Ann Pryor said:

The world snapped back into place, none of that had happened yet all of it had in Sandy's mind

Sandy visibly jerked back stumbling a few steps away from Lilly. She saw beads of sweat spring out on his forehead.

He shrugged her satchel off his shoulder and held it out for her at arms length, "I...I gotta go get my books for class."

There was something in his eyes that Lilly saw...Fear.

At Sandy's strange reaction, whatever irritation or frustration Lilly had immediately shifted to concern.

"You okay, dude?" she asked, concerned and confused.

Lilly stepped forward, closing the distance that Sandy had just created between.

"Sandy. What's wrong?" she asked, reaching down to take his hand as she placed her other hand on Sandy's hand holding out her satchel, lowering it down the bag rested on the ground.

Sean sat behind the wheel of her mother's car, parked in the student parking lot, her eyes closed and focusing on the scent and taste of coffee. Her sister had already left to join her friends, but Sean just wanted to take a few minutes for herself before she had to be her own cousin once more and become the center of attention, the new girl in school every guy wanted to fuck and fantasize about and all the other girls envied, hated, wanted to be friends or wanted to be, or some combination of the above.

She just needed a few minutes to shut out the overwhelming onslaught of stimuli and information her enhanced senses and mental capabilities provided her. She couldn't shut it all out of course. Her eyes may have been closed, but all of her senses were heightened well beyond the human range and she was completely aware of every passing millisecond. But she could focus her attention down onto a single thing, with effort and for a time, at least. The coffee in her hand helped.

She hadn't slept last night - couldn't sleep - but it wasn't the first time she'd pulled an all-nighter and she was far more capable of dealing with it now. The only thing that was dragging her into school was her friends, was Sara. How could she learn anything here when just last night, she had her hands on actual alien technology, was the lead in trying to reverse engineer an extraterrestrial power reactor and energy weapon. And what's more, the more she studied it, the more she could understand the principles behind their design.

It was heady, intoxicating, and exciting, far more than actually fighting the damned aliens. How could setting through classes she could ace with no effort whatsoever compare?

Sean opened her eyes and gave a shirt-stretching sigh as everything came back into view in superhuman clarity and a spectrum of colour that no human could witness with a great deal of tech. And overlaying it was what she was starting to think of as the Matrix, the numbers and equations behind all of reality that let her experience it intrinsically in more than dimensions than a three-dimensional human could.

She let Courtney and Chet go by, not wanting to deal with them yet. She saw Kia go inside while Lilly went over and spoke with an anxious looking Sandy. Sean slipped out of the car and started going the other way around the lot, trying her best not to overhear what Lilly and Sandy were saying. If Lilly wanted to share, she would - she hadn't been the only one pissed at Abel's revelation about his telepathy.

Overactive senses and mind catalogue every license plate she passed, memorize makes and models of each car, calculated their exact volume and mass, all as unconscious as breathing. She hadn't taken more than two steps before eyes were turning her way and she began hearing the whispered comments they though she was too far away to hear. She kept her expression friendly and engaging, but made it look like she was in a rush so didn't have time to exchange more than a word or two.

She was dressed similarly to yesterday, snug jeans, a fitted shirt with modest scoop neck, and her fleece-lined hoodie, but she had exchanged the heeled boots for a pair of sturdy, sporty hikers. She'd brought her laptop today though, which she'd idly souped up some last night as she worked on a new game app. Who knows what the Irregulars would get involved in at any time now and she wanted the computing capabilities at hand. Really, what she wanted was a great deal more, but the laptop would have to do until she could get the parts to build something better, preferably something on the order of a portable Cray computer. That was overly ambitious, but it was good to have goals.

Sean consciously went to her locker to get her school books, though it was just to keep up appearances. She'd already read them all and retained them flawlessly. Then she sauntered towards the cafeteria to meet up with her friends, making the effort to keep particularly attention on her surroundings when there was so much more that she rather be thinking about.

It actually helped that Chloe fell into step with her part of way, giving her something to focus on the here and now. Height - 155.06cm, mass - ... Chloe seemed a bit miffed that Sean had skipped out of town just after promising to join Concert Choir next semester but Sean could tell she was genuinely happy for him - her - getting out of their small town. Sean thanked her and promised she would pass on her concern to the Sean she knew when she spoke with him next. When Chloe turned a considering look her way, Sean only said she would think about Concert Choir, no commitments.

When Chloe asked about the goings on on the field yesterday, Sean just fluffed it of a boys acting tough in front of girls, and maybe Chet being an asshole. She'd been at Shelly High for only a day and it seemed to her already that Chet was an asshole, wasn't he? Chloe couldn't contain her giggles. Afterward, with the coach freaking out about whatever and the fog rolling in, well, Sean admitted she'd taken the opportunity to leave. She was still settling into Shelly and had slowly started looking around for a job.

Chloe peeled off to head to the music room while Sean continued on the cafeteria, hoping to find Sara there, a reason to be at Shelly High at all.

44 minutes ago, Lilly Ann Pryor said:

"Sandy. What's wrong?" she asked, reaching down to take his hand as she placed her other hand on Sandy's hand holding out her satchel, lowering it down the bag rested on the ground.

Sandy watch as the bag slowly sunk to the ground mezmerized then he looked up at Lilly, god she is so beautiful.

"I'm ok maybe it's just a reaction to the shot. I should go to the nurse."  he looks at her longingly, "I'll see you later. Okay?"

< WTF? He is acting super weird. > Lilly thought to Kia, < Like, he's all confused and even afraid and sweating, but I can't find anything wrong with him. What the hell was in that shot they gave everybody at the practice field yesterday? >

Lilly could see the longing in Sandy's eyes, causing her to bite her bottom lip for a split second as she thought.

< Fuck it. Here goes... > she thought to Kia, along with a bit of trepidation.

With her hands still on his, Lilly stepped even closer, closing the distance fully, and leaned close, pressing her lips to his in a kiss.

35 minutes ago, Lilly Ann Pryor said:

With her hands still on his, Lilly stepped even closer, closing the distance fully, and leaned close, pressing her lips to his in a kiss.

Their lips met.

soft and gentle

all that either could ever want.

electricity and chemistry

Lilly tasted fire and ash, stunned she stepped away from sandy and stifled a scream.

Sandy  stood there  arms out stretched a burnt figure of carbon and ash which slowly crumbled to blow away in the wind as she watched.

Behind him the gutted structure of the school flames jetting up through it's collapsed roof, it's windows shattered, walls broken. Scattered around the burned corpses of kids and teachers unrecognizable. She spun as a series of crashing booms echoed across the sky. A sky burning red, afire with nuclear flame.

She watched as two, no, three human figures shot across the sky at supersonic speed beams of energy and fire lancing out from them trying to touch the others. She thought it was two chasing the one but they were so far away and moving so fast, zigging and zagging, jinking up and down like dogfighting jets.

Crashing noises behind her she spun and wasn't in Shelly anymore. before her lay a City in fiery ruins huge war-machines, she couldn't tell if they were human or alien rolled across the terrain crushing buildings, vomiting forth shells and missiles and lances of pure energy at each other and at human figures who shrugged the assault off and gave back in kind.

An explosion behind her lifted her off her feet the shockwave throwing her a hundred yards into and through the ruins of the a building she thought might have been The Louvre.

She slammed into the ground unhurt and lept to her feet ready for battle as a giant lumbering mech straight out of a game smashed after her. Lilly prepared to meet this threat head on when...

35 minutes ago, Lilly Ann Pryor said:

The kiss was everything either of them could have hoped for...

< WHAT... THE... FUCK... > Lilly thought to Kia, sending her some glimpses of what she had seen, as she broke the kiss and opened her eyes, blinking a time or two.

< I kissed him and saw... THAT.. and a lot more. > she added as she looked at Sandy for his reaction, wondering if he had experienced the same thing.

Kia was momentarily stunned by what Lilly showed her, then she came out of the school building...not sure what she expected to see, but just needing to be ready if anything horrible happened.

<How did you 'see' things? Do you have one of these mind link things with him??>

Sandy opened his eyes as lilly broke the kiss, their first kiss. suddenly all his troubles and doubts were gone

"Wow, " he said looking at her a grin spreading all over his face, "maybe i should act like a girl more often if that's what it gets me," Sandy said only half joking.

"You okay?" he asked seeing her studying his face.

Lilly blinked and took a moment to try and compose herself as the different feelings, thoughts and images rushed through her mind. She shook her head, shaking it off and nodded to Sandy.

"Y-yeah. That.. that was my first kiss." she said honestly and a bit shyly.

"And it.. it kinda made me see things." she added

< No. I had one for a second yesterday, but I broke the link and he didn't even know what it was. > she replied to Kia.

< And Sandy seems to NOT have seen it. > she sent to Kia.

"Kinda hard to explain." Lilly replied, trying to keep herself composed.

Lilly licked her lips, the faint taste of ash still lingering on her tongue and the smell in her nose.

"Let's.. let's get some breakfast." she said a half-smile.

< Um.. Anybody know anything about everybody with the infection yesterday getting a shot? Sandy keeps mentioning it. Or can anybody find out anything about it? > she asked the others, opening her connection to the guildchat once again.

Abel had walked in alone, and eschewed going to the table.  After the outburst, well he knew everyone could probably use some time.   Still when Lily asked something in Guildchat, he answered.  <No, but if you want me to go look around, I can probably find out about it.   Course, if you find out who administered the shot, it will narrow the search considerably.>

He wasn't feeling up to being at school, he simply didn't care right now, with all his friends mad at him, They were what had made this bearable.   he scowled as he made his way through school.  It was the first time in a very long time that anyone saw him not smiling, or in anything other than his accustomed genial mood.

Sara came into the cafeteria from the west side and was checking out the table. She saw Alec,Talena, and Sean already seated. Lilly, Sandy, and Kia were just getting to the table and were saying hi to everyone.

Sean looked over as soon as Sara entered the room, but Sara ignored her and the table with her fellow freaks. instead she cut across the Cafeteria heading straight toward where Abel sat trying to be inconspicuous.

<Your a douche,> She started on him in guild chat so everyone could hear <Not because you kept it from us before, lord knows I have always had to keep things from my dad, my teachers everyone i have ever know for simple self preservation. I can see why you did it before you didn't want to be the freak. Been there, done that.> She leaned down so she could look him in the eye. < But we all became freaks homecoming night and you should have told us then. Maybe not to me cause we haven't been friends that long, but your owed it to them. to Sean, and Lilly, Kia, Alec to the people you spent all your time with and called your friends..>

She straightened up and look back at the table at the stares she was getting from them.

<Too many lies we have to trust each other. So you Abel, are going to make it up to them. You are going to teach us how to keep you and others like you out of our heads>

<I am not sure that can be done.  I will try.>  His mental voice was cold and robotic, a far cry from his moments ago offer of aid.  He didn't like being backed into a corner at all.  

Beneath the totally calm demeanor he was seething.   She had no clue what he'd had to endure, and she didn't care.   She just felt wronged because he had been in their heads.   Not once had he betrayed a secret from any of them, not once had he used his power for his own personal gain.  He'd still studied, and done everything he could to remain normal.  

<what happens if it's not something that can be taught, or even developed on your own?  What if the only option is to trust me to defend those of you who can't do so for yourselves in such a situation?>

<I trust you,> replies Kia, promptly, and she scoots over beside him, not too far from how she had with Lilly earlier. <You're not a douche. If you were, and you can read minds, you would have used that power all the time, to be...douchey.>

She looks across at Sara. <Think about it for a second. If you could read people's minds, wouldn't you be rich by now? Or in charge of school? Wouldn't any of us? Okay, so Abel didn't tell us right away. He was probably afraid we'd flip out...which is pretty much what we did, right? He didn't HAVE to tell us even now, you know? He could have kept it secret forever and we'd never have known.>

<So lets just...take a deep breath and stop fighting. We need each other. And not just because Abel's going to teach us brain-fu.> Now Kia glances at Abel and nods. <Which you are totally going to do.>

And like that, his anger and resentment he had been feeling simply faded away.   He had admitted to himself he was powerless before Kia's optimism, as well as his own feelings for her.  <Thank you Kia.   I should have told you all sooner, I wanted to,  before you ever even became enhanced.  Hell I actually had wanted to tell you all before the incident at practice.  It hasn't been easy, keeping it from you.  I will do all I can to teach how I have strengthened my defenses, but I want you all to remember, twice now, I've encountered someone with more psychic might than myself.   When I told you She had reintegrated the compartments of my mind into a whole, understand, that's not something I'd ever have happened outside my control.   She bypassed all my defenses as if they were nothing.>  For someone who's power dwell within his mind, to have another able to so easily breach his defenses at will was humbling, and terrifying.

Sean sat up straighter when she saw Sara enter the cafeteria then couldn't help feel nonplussed when she barely looked at her, instead turning and walking over to vent her anger and frustration on Abel. She did note that Sara had dressed like how she usually did before their transformations and seemed more comfortable, at least about that. Sean barely suppressed a grunt, instead opting to sip at her coffee with a studied nonchalance that drew the eye as everything she did drew the eye. She might have been able to play the part of a high school girl convincingly, but others could sense that there was much more to her.

She just couldn't work up the indignation most of the other's felt for Abel hiding things from them, or not revealing it after Homecoming. But she kept quiet for now, because it needed to be worked out, because Sara was completely right about one thing - Trust was paramount. Between them and Project Stepping Stone, but especially among themselves. If they didn't have that, they had no business working together trying to stop an alien invasion.

<Well said, Kia,> Sean added. <While I'm not thrilled about having my private thoughts overheard, nothing I've seen leads me to believe you abused it, Abel. Sara is right, in that we need to implicitly trust each other, but that doesn't mean we need to reveal every thought, feeling, or idea we have.>

Abel revealed others having psychic capabilities, capabilities exceeding his own, and Sean frowned faintly. Along with what Col. Pryor and Dr. Rashoud mentioned yesterday, it seemed psychic phenomena was the most prevalent among the Quantum Enhanced, though admittedly, their sample size was exceedingly small to make any real generalizations.

<Okay, then, so lets work on learning to build up those mental walls, Abel, and hopefully, it will help ease all the noise you overhear. And if that doesn't work, then we'll cross that bridge when we get to it and figure something out. Now...> Over Guildchat, Sean's wryness was obvious. <... unless you two are about to kiss, Sara and Abel, say something out loud, because all people see are you two staring at each other, then over here. Let's not make Guildchat too obvious, hmm?>

Lilly sat down with Sandy and watched what was transpiring as inconspicuously as possible as she thought to herself and at what Abel had said.

"Hey, who gave you that shot? I mean, I don't remember anybody giving shots, so who gave it to you?" she asked Sandy

< It's not that he has the power that's the issue. It's waiting to tell us that is. I mean, I could understand waiting till we were enhanced to do so, because seriously, would any of us have believed him before? No. Or we would have been super freaked out by it. > Lilly thought into guildchat.

< But he should have told us after Homecoming. He should have, but he was unsure and a bit scared. I get that. He made a mistake. None of us are infallible and I am sure we will all make mistakes like that as some point or another. The fact is though that he did tell us. So as much as it irks me on several levels, I'm cool with that. He's shown that he keeps anything he hears to himself, otherwise he could embarrass all of us, I am sure. So finding out that my most intimate privacy invaded daily for the last few years is a bit.. jarring... and I was pretty pissed at first, I do understand and don't hold it against you, dude. >

"Sweet. French toast sticks. I mean, I shouldn't eat them, but I totally am." she said as she dripped on into some syrup.

< Frankly, I am surprised he hasn't reacted to some things we've though. My guess is that a teenage mind can be a pretty filthy place at times. I mean, I am not thrilled about you always reading surface thoughts, but if you have no control over it, then that's something we can;t blame you for. >

< Well.. I guess we could, but it would be super douchey of us. >

"Sometimes the diet is jsut a pain."

< Anyways, we're a team and a team is greater than the sum of its parts. That means that when one of us fumbles, the rest are there to pick up the ball. We cover each other and look out for each other and, most of all, trust each other. So we're cool, dude. I know you wouldn't have done that to us intentionally. >

< Now that aside, I know I have some sort of defense already. I noticed it.. I dunno.. 'come into being', or whatever, yesterday on the practice field. My guess is that you can't hear my surface thoughts anymore, but haven't noticed because of all the noise from everybody else's thoughts. So maybe that can help us all too. I dunno. >

< And we need to find the skaters and.. whats-her-face. So that Alec or I can check them out to be safe. >

Taking Sean's advice about talking Sara blurted out some nonsensical stuff and told Abel to come back to the table that all was forgiven, apparently. She then proceeded to go to the aforementioned table and sit next to Sean while Lilly was giving her speech.

<really. why the kissing comment?> She shot down her direct link to Sean.

Then in guild chat, <I wasn't paying a lot of attention last night, but has anyone even mentioned Courtney and Chet to Dr Rashoud or Dr Mizuki?>

<Because the way you were glowering down at him, not saying anything, it totally looked like you were going to either deck him or kiss,> Sean joked over their private line, but her mental tone turned more serious, yet more sultry a moment later as she sneaked a hand onto Sara's thigh. <But honestly, when I see you, kissing you is just one of the first things that I think about. It's far from the last.>

It was a line, but a smooth and honest one. To Sean, if felt like social dynamics came down to mathematics and equations, and like most everything else, she had an incredible awareness of their dimensions, and the principles behind them. She could sense the wall, the distance that had grown between them since her transformation, and she understood the reason for it.

In most ways, she had changed the most among the Irregulars, and not just physically. Still, it hurt. Sean knew she could find Sara's buttons, manipulate them just so and ease the tension between, like a magician. Sara wouldn't even know. But she would, and just the idea she could have considered doing something so coldly pragmatic to a friend made Sean feel ill. She slipped her hand from Sara's thigh and covertly looked away as she made idle chatter about what the Irregulars knew about the school singing club while spinning out anecdotes about the other schools she had attended.

<While I hadn't forgotten about Chetney - I can't forget about them, nor will I forgive them - I have to admit, last night, I had been far more interested in the alien and its tech than in Courtney and Chet. I didn't mention them to Drs. Mizuki or Rashoud. An oversight. Anyone else?>

< I mean, I have issue telling my dad or the Docs about them, so they can keep an eye on them or something, but we have to consider a few things about telling them about 'Chetney'. It seems she's become fairly manipulative. Well... even more so than before. So do we want to expose the Project to her? I doubt she will be as responsible with her abilities as we are. Also, do we want to risk them trying to be shoehorned into our team? We all know how well that would work. So I have no issue telling them so they can be watched or whatever, but I worry about possible damage if they do anything more than watch them. > she thought to guildchat as she dipped another french toast stick and took a bite.

"Shot?" Sandy who had been staring dreamily at Lilly, suddenly furrowed his brow as her question registered. "Oh the shot that doctor gave me. I think he gave one to everybody last night, something about the fog. I had forgot sorta I mean I remember the shot but I don't remember exactly what it was for.

My damn memory has just been wonky every since we got hit by that lightning."

He puts his hand over Lilly's on the table. "At least it didn't do any harm to you That would have just drove me nuts if it had."

<Huh. You think they're drugging them to keep them from remembering?>

Kia frowned a little and ate another bite of her lunch. She was kind of terrible at pretending to talk while carrying on a mental conversation. She just wasn't in the habit of saying and thinking different things.

<I think we should invite Courtney and Chet to join up. If nothing else, we have to tell our dads. I didn't even think of it before though...too much going on!>

< We do not invite them. At best we tell out dads and they decide what to do. > Lilly replied.

"Well, they were afraid that it did. That's why some of us were rushed to the little medical center on base. It looks like we all got lucky though. 

< So Sandy said that they all got shots from a doctor because of the fog. Can you find out anything Abel? > she added.

Abel followed back to the table and sat down.  <Remember, we already know there is another entity with their own enhanced.   Who's to say they aren't part of her stable as it stands?  I trust all of you, I know not to trust Either of them.  Observe them, as with the others we know to be enhanced, but I really think we should keep this circle at the size it is, for now, until we have alot more information.>

He looked at the others at the table and smiled.  "Good to be home."

The mental image of himself he let the others see was of him smiling.  <had to get a football reference in didn't you?   Still you're right.   We are a team, and none of us have to carry the burdens we all face alone.>

Once he'd said his piece, he reached out mentally, searching for the Doctor who'd administered the shots to the students and adults who'd been present.   Quickly he Found his target, Dr. Ballard, from the Air Base.   as he'd been asked to find out what he could, he Delved deeper into the man's mind, looking for the contents of the shot, and what they did.  What he found didn't make him that happy.

<Guys, we have an potential problem.   The shot they gave everyone makes induces short term memory loss and leaves the target open to suggestion.   It seems our Doctor was acting under orders from a security chief for the Project named Grant to cover things up as much as they can.   He administered the shot and passed off the effects as a toxic side effect of the fog.>

< Of course I had to make a football reference. Duh! > Lilly mentally joked.

< I thought that might be the case. At least it is better to find out it is the Project trying to cover for us than somebody else doing something nefarious. Though I cannot say I like their means to that end. > she added.

Sara couldn't believe how good it made her fell when Sean had put her hand on her leg, only to have that feeling dashed when she jerked it away.

She reached over as The rest of them were doing their mental back and forth, and took her hand twinning her fingers with Sean's, she pulled their hands to her lips and kissed the back of Sean's before setting them on the table.

<if we are going to do this,> She shot down their private link, <I am not going to hide this. I'm Gay, and I had to hide that for years and pretend I was something I am not and it fucked me up, and it took me years to un-fuck myself. I will not Hide who or what I am or pretend I am anything other than who or what I am. That's how it is going to have to be.> She made contact with those beautiful turquoise eyes hoping.

She had been following Guild chat as well and asked <But do we tell the project people? I'm not sure we should.>

42 minutes ago, Sara Hutchins said:

She had been following Guild chat as well and asked <But do we tell the project people? I'm not sure we should.>

< I'm pretty much on the same page.mWe can tell them any time, but for now, we all know about them and can keep an eye on them. > Lilly thought to guildchat.

Sean turned back to Sara, her eyes widening in surprise before she could suppress the instinctual reaction. While she thought of herself as a woman, felt like one - admittedly one with a unique perspective - and intellectually knew she would be considered homosexual now, that fact hadn't quite clicked in til now, when Sara made her decree.

<Is that what you think I'm worried about?> Sean replied back to Sara, giving her fingers a squeeze. There were always eyes turned her way - though Sean wouldn't have been surprised if there were still some boys who wouldn't recognize her face - and Sara's gesture hadn't been missed. Already, the whispers and gossip were starting, Sean could read it in their body language, even hear some of them over the noise of the cafeteria. Part of her was calculating sound propagation waves, amplitudes and frequencies that were enabling her to hear the other students through the noise. <It's nothing like that, I promise.>

She might be pretending to be her own cousin, for convenience sake, but she wasn't going to conceal who she was entirely. And while she might have had her own baggage, her feelings for Sara weren't part of it. Let's give them something else to whisper about, then! Sean slid free hand up Sara's back, them leaned over tilted her own head down and gave Sara a quick kiss on the lips. It didn't come across as an ostentatious public display of affection, but as something casual and affectionate, belonging to a pair who have been a couple for years.

A demonstration of her proclivities wouldn't stop most guys from hitting on her, would even encourage some, for the titillation of fantasizing about being with a lesbian or bisexual, or believing they could 'cure' her or that she just simply hadn't found the right boy. But that wasn't why she had done it. She had done it simply because she had wanted to, and as a small act of rebellion against the fiction she was playing at school.

Sean's eyes were bright and she was smiling, but there was a serious undertone to her thoughts. <Come over to my place tonight and I'll try to explain. Don't know how well I'll do, but it's something you should understand, if you want to pursue this relationship.> With me...

"It's already starting to feel like home to me," Sean commented to Abel, with a small, satisfied smirk. "Just need a nasty fight to break out during Thanksgiving about lifestyle choices and it'll be perfect."

<Agreed, about Chetney,> Sean added over the general channel. <I may hate their guts, but they don't deserve being roped into the same situation we are, if they haven't done anything to earn some real oversight. Watch and learn for now. But speaking of oversight... Sounds like Sandy and company got hit by some cocktail of ketamine or rohypnol, and I don't like the ramifications of the Project resorting to such methods. Lilly, when you get home, could you ask your father about this? I want to know if this Grant guy is working at cross purposes to the Project and us, at the behest of higher ups off base.>

Sara warmed when Sean kissed her it wasn't passionate but it filled her with passion. < that's not it and yes we do need to talk, You and me and then all of us away from the adults and the Project.>

Talena smiled when Sean Kissed Sara, she was happy for her friend, she knew how badly her sister had broken her heart. But Sean was perfect for Sara It was so nice that all her friends had some one. She put her arm thru Alec's and leaned in against him.

"Hey now that Sean Sean is gone, what are we going to do about the games?" she asked her friends sitting here at the table.

Lilly elbowed Sandy lightly in the ribs.

"See? I told you." she said to him before offering her two cents to Talena. 

"I don't know. I guess one of us would have to run it now. I think Sean said he left some notes though, so somebody can likely pick it up. That, or we start something new. I don't think I would be all that good at running it myself though." she said with a shrug.

< Sure. I'm not even sure my dad knows about it, so I'll talk to him about the shot and Grant. > she replied

Alec wrapped his arm around Taleena. He had mostly been lost in his own world this morning, thinking to himself, only really seeming to pay attention once she leaned up against him. Shaking his head slightly to clear it and focus on the here and now, there was a little half smile tugging at his lips as Taleena made herself comfortable against him.

<It's probably for the best. We just need to be careful with it. If they are like us in any way, odds are good it can blow up in our face really easily. Keeping track of them could be a pain.>

"Damn. And I was enjoying my Bard. At least we sort of reached a decent stopping point." he pauses for a second "Well. Sort of." Another second. ".... I hate cliffhangers. Gonna drive me nuts till we see what's on the other side. But yeah, someone would need to talk with Sean if we really wanted to continue DnD. Maybe something else while we break?"

Of course, he was still unhappy that his thoughts weren't as private as they should have been, but much like Sara, the thing that had infuriated him beyond all was that he had waited even once the rest of them had become obviously enhanced. But he was trying to let that go. It may take a while, but he'd get there. His entire family had something in the way of long fuses, but once they got legitimately angry about something, it was something to behold. His ire would burn itself out in time.

Talena stifled a little giggle as she cuddle closer to Alec, then she leand forward and across so she could see Sean.

"So new Sean,"She grinned a little twinkle in her eye," Do you play D&D?"

Sara snorted and coughed as her diet DR Pepper went the wrong way.

Sean grinned right back, cocking her head to the side slightly in mock ignorance while giving Sara's back a small pat, in case her cough turned to choking. "D&D? That's that thing nerds play with all those funny dice because they can't get a date for the weekend, right?" She feigned a sniff of condescension, holding a hand to her chest. "Do I look like I play Dragons and Dungeons? I had much better things to do, and besides, I moved around a lot. Though to be fair, you lot don't much look like what I picture when I consider who plays this silly game."

She chuckled, flicked the hair from her face with a toss of her head and finished off her coffee. "My cousin was into that, eh? I saw all those books in the barn, many with scantily women almost as well endowed as I am on the covers. Nope, never played. You guys will have to show me how, sometime. Just go easy on the newb, 'kay?"

<This could be fun. I loved running the games, guys but it'll be nice just to be a player for once. That is, if we aren't too busy fighting off aliens and monsters for real.>

Archived