Matt

Site Functionality

37 posts in this topic

I am going to be making some site updates in the near future and would like to get some feedback from the community.  If there is anything that you can think of that could improve the site please post it here.

A note on the new chat, does it come with the ability to change the color of the text bubbles?

On 11/17/2016 at 7:50 PM, Sailor OOC said:

A note on the new chat, does it come with the ability to change the color of the text bubbles?

The chat does not come with the ability to change the text bubbles. 

I have currently paused the beta testing of the chat.

On 11/17/2016 at 10:09 PM, Nina said:

is there another chat you are looking at Matt?

I am also looking at another chat, but it is not available for testing yet.

hi matt I am unable to changes pages in amy thread including PM threads. I have tried on a couple of browsers and not luck

If that ever happens again you can still open the link in a new tab or window. 

4 hours ago, Matt said:

I have currently paused the beta testing of the chat.

Aww, I actually liked that chat. Oh well what's the other one you're looking at?

The new chat that we are testing is currently active.  This one is a little more bare bones but hopefully has less issues.  One difference is that this chat allows it to also be placed in the sidebar area.  I currently have it there instead of the shoutbox.  I also have recent status updates just below that so that people can place personal comments there that can be seen for a longer duration.

There are a handful of features that are coming soon with this chat (tabs, dice, etc.).  The nice thing about it is that it is being developed specifically to be used with our community software.

33 minutes ago, AceWildcard said:

Yeah what was the cause for the page problems?

There is a file that loads the new page without changing the url.  During an upgrade the file didn't get completely uploaded.  I turned off that function in case it happens again.

Firefox is having a problem with the site.  I have temporarily removed the site's SSL certificate until I can resolve the issue.

Okay, not sure if it's a Firefox thing or just something on my end, since Nina said she is using Firefox, but currently in chat, I can't see the emojis, I just get the text command for them, regardless if I try to post one from the drop down menu or someone else does. Nina said she can see and display them fine.

I have to install an update that will make the old chat unusable.  The new chat will be the only option going forward.  Please let me know if you have any issues.

I have set up a dark theme for the site.  It can be changed at the bottom of the screen.  It will affect the chat, along with everything else on the site.

I will be working on a dice option soon.

Hi matt is there anyway we can see who is online in chat on the front page like we used too?

It may be possible to add this.  My original thought was that being able to preview the chat in the shoutbox would provide more information than a list of people that are logged in but may not actually be there.

Hey Matt sinc ethe update you did today we are unable to log into our alternate accounts using the quick log button.

I could yesterday (Tues) but not today. When I ry to use the 'characters' button for quick swap to a different account I get this:

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX0

Asa said he can still directly log in with a different account, just can't swap too.

Same issue here. I'm unable to hotswap the account that I'm using with the Character menu, but if I log out of the site and log in using my other characters, I am able to log in that way.

I think I have this fixed.  Let me know if you still have issues.

Can no longer use the drag and drop or choose files feature in Private mails.

still works everywhere else

That functionality has intentionally been disabled.   People were misusing it and it ended up costing me a lot of money.  I don't think the functionality will return at any point in the near future.

You'll need to upload content to google drive or someone where else and provide a link in the PM.

Hmm, anyone else having trouble with chat at the moment? I can login in, pop chat into it's own window, but whenever I try to write something in the text box, after I hit enter, it tells me 'Babble is not connected to Node Server and to contact the Site Administrator.'

Nevermind, issue seems to have resolved itself!

Or not. Not sure if there is something up with my connection or the site.

I'm fine now, yes. Not sure if it was something with my connection, ISP, or what. But everything is fine now.

it wasn't just sean It was happening to me yesterday and this morning

Happened to me too. Once I closed my tabs with the site and chat and opened new ones, things seemed find though.