So, Marvel's Doctor Strange...

Sprocket

loved it, thought it was one of the better films they have done and visually it is the most magnificent of all of them. I will admit that unlike any of the other films I had very little exposure to the actual comic version of Dr Strange so it was all fresh to me.

It was excellent, and like all the other Marvel films thay did a grewt job of adapting a character that works on a comic page to a live action motion picture. Amazing effects, some great acting, and as always just a bit of humor when needed and, of course, heart.

Yeah, he had that same sort of, "I'm antagonistic, but still kind of a cool guy" thing going.

I can't find it in myself to complain about that though.

I have a couple of other little complaints, but pretty nitpicky and a little too spoilery to bring up here. Overall I was very happy though.

I' ve always been a fan of the character even back in his pre-retcon days so take this with a grain of salt.

Doctor Strange is awesome. One of the best Marvel movies to date. It's charming, humorous without the humor being out of place, painful where it needs to be and the CGI is perfect for what the movie was doing. I think the cast was wonderful and wonderfully perfect for the roles they were taking on. The casting of Wong bothered me a bit at first but I found myself warming to the character by the second encounter in the library.

Mordo was a surprise on many levels. He was affable, dedicated and  the voice of reason I wouldn't have expected going into the movie based on what I knew of the character. I wish his development had been spaced into the next movie but the evolution made sense. Mostly. You'll see what I mean if you check out the movie.

Really good movie. I would recommend it.

14 hours ago, Jacqueline Frost said:

Don't forget to come back and let us know what you thought about it once you have a chance to see it.

As requested... :D

Marvel Studios has done a bang-up job once again. The effects were excellent, the characters exciting and they did away with the unfortunate cliches that the comic was burdened with when it began in the late 1960s (IIRC). Making Wong into a Drill Seargeant Nasty was an especially wonderful revision. The humor was snarky and sharp, like a really good espresso shot. Will certainly be buying the blu-ray once it comes out.

I am happy to hear you liked it so much!

The good doctor should be appearing in Thor: Ragnarok next year and I understand the sequel has been green lit but not sure when it would be released. It doesn't seem to be on the official list of phase projects for Marvel. Ah, the wait. It will be hard but hopefully worth it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2016 at 10:32 AM, Sunstar said:

Saw it.  My response is this:  It must have been Amazing to watch while High.

I can third that opinion. When I went to see it, there were a few folks who had indulged in the audience. No freakouts from bad trips thankfully, but you could tell how trippy they were getting. :lol:

Archived