OOC Thread for AWS Discussion

Nina

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what it's worth, Nina, I actually really liked the Project 8 idea. The project itself wasn't confusing once it was explained, the post where you introduced it was just a little confusingly written. It's different than what we've done before though, and an interesting way to get new faces introduced and give us new situations to play out.

You may spend your xp as you wish under the following guidlines.

Quantum may not be raised

Any power from the players guide or any other source must be approved by me.

you may spend your project 8 xp at this time however if you do not turn in your project 8 on time or at all I will do bad things to your character.

make sure to update your sheet in the character thread and in your signature

pm me with questions

I have not spent my project XP, I will spend it when I complete the project (to keep me motivated).  Just a heads up.

However...

It's been 6 months since Keys have been outted.  So to try and get everyone on the same page I wanted to offer up my point of view of what I think would happen to the world so we can discuss exactly how messed up things would be.  Instead of long paragraphs detailing geopolitical bullshit no one cares about I'm just gonna use bullet points.  Mind you I'm not saying any of this is AWS canon, I'm just spit balling ideas.

• A lot would be put on some sort of recruiting drive.  Once you're outted, someone's gonna want you to work for them... and extensive testing is necessary.  Lots of needles.
  • A few slip through the cracks, some idiots in our day and age would honestly believe they were honest to god super heroes and would act accordingly.
  • Religion would run rampant... some would believe them to be something they're not.  Hard core fanatics would label them as hell spawn or whatever contrived title they can give to them.
  • Laws to control Keys would become the first order of business.
  • The WORLD would be torn.  On one hand people all over would see the good Keys could do while on the other hand people would see them as menaces and we all know it'd only be a matter of time before people protested, and anti-Key rallies began.
  • In six months, at least one dumb ass (not including Ronin) would do something stupid or go super villain, labeling all Keys dangerous and Capitol Hill would be dealing with the fallout.

Opinions?  LEt's try and get on the same page, because I'd prefer us to not all be writing a different world view.  We all know there would a TON of great things that come from the next six months in game time, but there would be a shit-ton of negatives.  I wanna hear your point of view.

• 2 weeks later...

To continue spitballing here...

• Some will idolize KEYs and some will fear them. A few may see them as being spawns on the devil, but a few will also likely see them as being blessed as well.
  • The Irregulars would be hounded by companies wanting them plug their products, make toys of them and so on.
  • The media would want interviews. Lots and lots and lots of interviews. The Irregulars would likely be encouraged to give some too, just for good PR.
  • Though the public at large might not know about the alien threat facing the planet, after the UN Security Council meeting where the US came clean about the QEHs and Asheen, not only would various countries want their own KEYs for defense and such, but there would likely be a secret global initiative to prepare for the Asheen threat.
  • There would be a mad dash to learn as much about the KEYs as possible.
  • Some unsavory elements would also seek to recruit KEYs of their own (criminal organizations, terrorists and so on)

I'll prolly have more later

I wonder if the initial reaction would be disbelief. How long would it take general acceptance that they're real to circulate? I suppose official sources backing them up would limit disbelief to the 'Apollo Landings Were Faked' crowd maybe... Hmm.

an excerpt

The big reveal had taken place only four days ago. The Irregulars, four really beautiful teens and a goddess, all spiffy looking standing with the President on a stage. The band played, speeches were made, Abel and Alec had flown for the cameras, and within ten minutes Sean had been on the cover of every digital magazine and news service and her image had been re-posted a gazillion times.

While their names hadn't been mentioned it hadn't taken the media long in identifying the Irregulars through those images. Yeah the world had changed and so had Shelly.

It seemed that with the Irregulars being revealed to the world a fog had been lifted which had kept Shelly in a perpetual haze for the last four or five months. Chaos had reigned for the next day as Parents realized that their kids had been going to school with super people and had been exposed to god knows what. In short order it was apparent that the Irregulars wouldn't be returning to Shelly High. The same with Courtney and her little group except they were outed by their other school friends.

Yeah the Irregulars wouldn't be back at school,

• 2 weeks later...

Guys when making a post please use a location headliner following the format I use. we are not all in the same place and if some in a different place posts in the middle of two post in the same place it can be confusing for a reader.

HutchTxTAv_zpspfdmmiig.jpg Sara

CharlieTxTAv_zpsdqjwvz8e.jpgCharlie

LillyTxTAv_zpsmyc3zbha.jpgLilly

TeaseTxTAv_zpscoytnmdy.jpgTease

LaurieTXT_zpsbkf0crkc.jpgLaurie

KiaTxTAv_zpsxev8fuvd.jpgKia

AbelTxTAv_zpsgwo1c8dj.jpgAbel

So, in case you wanna, I decided I'd go ahead and post the text avvies I made for the Irregulars and associated NPCs I've used for it so far.  It's on you whether or not you want to use them, just thought if you liked the idea you could share in the fun.

• 3 weeks later...

I know there was a bit of a crop in communication this week on AWS. Maybe i was trying to do too much and was stuck in what i was trying to do and a couple of the characters got pushed to the side a bit.

Sometimes stuff happens.

It's over time to move on and put it behind us and get on with the story.

If anyone still has any problems please PM me and we will see if we can find a solution.

Definitely a good thing.  We used to have threads back in the day where we would CP quotes that made us laugh, were well well spoken, heroic, or villainous.  With the caveat that we couldn't quote our own stuff.  Its been awhile since I read something and laughed enough to say 'Yep, that's pretty much sums it up.'.

• 2 weeks later...

What are the PCs with Quantum 5+ capped at for attributes and skills?

At Quantum 7 our PCs should be capped at 7, I've been told in chat that we're capped at 6 but Kia is at Stam 7 / Mega-Stam 7.  Which is accurate?

As far as I know, at Q6+, skills and attributes are still maxed at 5. We all got an an Exceptional Attribute Merit at one point that let us up one attribute to 6 and IIRC, a few people bought it a few more times. Mega-Attributes maximums at Q6+ are equal to your Quantum Rating. I doubt recall KIa having a Stamina of 7, though I knew Mega-Stamina was seven.

Dunno if Nina let Kia by Exceptional Attribute for the same Attribute more than once.

At Q 6+, the mega limit is = to your q score however you must still have either a 5 or a 6 in the base stat

You can raise a normal stat to 6 if you have the exceptional merit which can be bought multiple time but only once for each stat so in essence the maximum you can get your normal mortal stats to is 6

Without the exceptional merit the max normal stat is 5

Archived