OOC Thread for AWS Discussion

Nina

i was going to reply after my run but got distracted that Monster was the more obvious of the two and that i had listened to tboth while i was running and that i was wondering if you had had a more personal reason for thinking of the other and now that i have read what you said i understand and agree

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

make sure your songs are posted on your sheets please

and I have been so pleased with how much effort y'all have put into this little event that i want to be santa so the xp earned for this will be doubled!

everyone who gets their song on the sheet by midnight gets 10XP

Merry Christmas

Powers will be here soon.

And with them come great responsibility.

Joke

But you will be getting your powers soon and I wanted to take some time to cover a few things both in game and out of game mechanics wise.

Ok first up is writing. Don't let yourselves be limited by the game mechanics when you are writing your powers. As long as you power can do something write it as enthusiastically as you want. Don't let yourself get bogged down in the minutia of the game mechanics when your writing. Always ere on the side of the story. If in doubt ask.

Now on to how becoming enhanced takes place. this is mainly so when it happens you kind of know what your character is going through so you can play it out.

When your character gets his powers there is no eruption like in the default world of Aberrant.

Your characters at the appropriate time (all 5 main characters who are not enhanced will become enhanced at the same time) it will begin with a splitting head. This is the MR Node spontaneously growing. Every one at this time Including Abel who is already enhanced will receive a free level of the Node Background. If you already have the Node background you can add the free point in Node to what you already have (Node can go over 5 with this free dot) or you can take a background point and use it on something else. Choice is yours.

Once the node is fully grown the headache subsides and your will blackout. This black out will last for each charter for one minute for each quantum level your character has. So that will be a minimum of 3 minutes and a maximum of 5. The blackout is caused by your node supercharging your character with quantum. During this black out your characters subconsciousness becomes actively conscious flooding your mind (and anyone using mind reading on you) with every desire, fear, memory, emotion , dream just everything which is the sum total of your character. This is what directs the form your powers will take “Setting” your power template, including latent powers. When your characters wake from the blackout all changes brought on by your enhancement have occurred, this includes any physical changes. They have their powers and are fully aware of them and know instinctively how to use them. Latent powers are of course unknown but are there and your character will instinctively develop them as they grow.

There is no having to learn what you can do, no training period, you are from that moment fully able to use and control your powers.

OK WHILE THERE IS STILL A LITTLE RP BEING DOEN IT IS GETTING A BIT REDUDNET FOR THIS POINT. i AM WAITING ON kIA TO SEE IS SHE IS GOIGN TO RETREAT OR DO SOMETHING ELSE OVER THE BASE.

BEYOND THAT i NEED TO KNOW IF THE GANG IS GOING TO STAY AND WAIT FOR THE ATHORTIES OR IF YOU ARE GOIGNT O TAKE OFF.

LET ME KNOW IN HERE SO AFTER I HEAR FROM kIA I CAN END THE SCENE AND MOVE US FORWARD.

BY THE WAY I AM VERY HAPPY WITH EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN POSTING AND YOUR POSTS HAVE BEEN AWESOME

THANKS GUYS

Okay, looking at the posts and listening to the others ideas, Sean is willing to go along with the authorities despite Felix's warnings. But she'll still be observing everything and planning escape and how to get the others out, if necessary. Super Soldier Secret Agent protocols in effect. :P

But she's very curious and wants to see how the military reacts and what they know, and see what is going on inside Fort Bulwark.

She'll also suggest that those who haven't changed drastically could make their escape without much issue, even just blending in with the confused students. This would mostly work for Taleena, Sandy, and Felix, folks without vehicles there.

Alec's preference is to stay as well. He doesn't particularly want to go on the run or anything like that. He is decidedly attached to his current life, and as Sean has said, we've got a whole bunch of folks that *should* ostensibly go to bat for us. And even if they dont. Hey, I've always been a fan of "The Great Escape" :P.

ok I need everyone's help again

my notes for Xp aren't adding up

So if you all would please send me a log of xp that I have awarded to you I would appreciate that please PM me I am thinking that i have lost some some where. and i need to track it down.

Thank you

also if y'all get a chance just let me know in here how forthcoming you all are with your powers when being question this is so i can guage how much the autorities actually know about you..

and just so you know everyone who deals with any of you is very professional and very concerned for each of you... probalby the most hard assed person you meet during this whole time is Dr. Lang and you ar do not have a great deal of contact with him

Also the head of the medical team who arrives on Saturday is a NASA Doctor named Anahita Rashoud. She is an Iranian American 3rd generation, and she has been in charge of the studies of the previous enhanced persons.I will provide a picture soon

Sean Cassidy

Sean will be forthcoming about her physical capabilities, her perceptive enhancement and ability to accurately judge time, distance, volume, and velocity (Holographic awareness), the depth and breadth of her intelligence and mastery in a broad number of skills, along with her Danger Sense and Far Sight. Not sure how she would accurately showcase her social enhancements, though her attractiveness is quite obvious.

Only thing she'll actively keep secret is Guildchat and her enhanced pheromones - mostly because she believes it would make people more wary or concerned, and possibly scared.

EDIT

Following Lilly's father's advice, while still revealing what I said before, Sean will downplay the full limits of her Megas and the range of her ESP, and no longer mention her Danger Sense.

Kia tells them what she knows, because she totally trusts them!

There's still stuff going on in her that she hasn't had a chance to experiment with though, and she has no real idea what the potential of her power is yet.

And because I just realized that that's a vague way to put it: she tells them that she can grow new things on her body, like arms or wings or shells...and will give a demonstration if asked.

Lilly will relay through Guildchat the advice that her dad gave her. "Don't reveal anything that will make them afraid f you. Like, really afraid. And you may wish to play down and minimize the stuff that they know you can do too. At least for now."

Lilly will relay what her dad told her to the other through Guildchat. i.e. Don't reveal anything that will scare them. Like, really scare them. Downplay what they do already too most likely.

What Lilly tells the researchers:

Lilly will demonstrate near peak human physicals "I feel a little faster, a little stronger" (two 4's and a 5), though she was already quite an athlete anyways (two 3's and a 4).

She will not reveal her megas. If it is unavoidable, she will really downplay them.

The researchers will likely have heard about her healing. She'll demonstrate it if asked.

The rest of her powers and her resistance to injury/absurd health levels, she will keep to herself.

These are what she is revealing for now, mostly on her Dad's advice, but she may show more in the future.

1 hour ago, Sean Cassidy said:

Uh, guys, don't forget someone ripped off a wall from a cabin as well as the roof, and threw a table leg through one of the wolf-things.

Yep. That 10' monster thing must be strong had a lucky throw.

Not to mention after the fact they will not know if we or the aliens rearranged walls and cabins..

• i will be putting up revised rules for teleport and Warp later, for a second time. it has required some further changes to accommodate some of the changes I had originally intended. These changes you may not like or agree with. if that is the case you may drop teleport or warp and use the points else where.

Player Question

I am assuming you have your reasons for modifying the powers, is it something you can tell us, or is it "it's to make the story better, trust me."

• Nina

My reasoning is that the powers have to work consistent with the internal physics of the world I am building. I am not going to reveal those physics because I want them to be discovered in game. So yes it is a bit of "it's to make the story better, trust me.", but it is also the following.

• If i had had a year to develop and write the world, I would have done so and written reams about how stuff works and all new rules and what have you, basically made a new game, but by the time i was finished second edition would be out and I would have had to start all over. I didn't have time for that, as soon as I suggested the game there was clamoring for it to start, and I was eager, perhaps too eager to do so, so I rushed it into production. Good or bad it is what it is

• well we are now at the point were players are about to start using powers which do things by the rules which are not consistent with the cosmology of the world as I am building it. so my choice is just not worry about it and ignore my world design or i can change some things.

• i have decided to change,modify, add and subtract things to make them fit my vision of the world because if i have to ignore my world design then whats the point

• there are likely to be further revisions and some things may even disappear or be added I will however promise you that if a power has already been used i won't change it. (caveat, if something happens in game that alters the way a power works this may necessitate a change at least on a personal level)

• But in the end It is the world I am designing and it is my world you all are playing in. if you wanted a strict by the book game you shouldn't have joined. I was pretty clear about this being an original setting and my stance on the rules, if you didn't know already, is that if they conflict with the story the rules don't matter.

All that being said I am now going to be a little bit blunt and selfish.

• We have a handful of games being run here by only two people. Noir and myself. This is a lot of work and speaking for myself I need to get some satisfaction out of doing this.

• I love all of you as friends and players and enjoy my time just sitting in chat talking. But I want to enjoy running my games as well and being honest this is the first game that I have thoroughly enjoyed running. I love the world I am creating for AWS building this world with you has been the most fun I have had here. But I have a vision for this world and I while I want to share it with all of you, in the end it is MY VISION.

i would rather cancel the game than have to change my vision for this world which I am creating with your help.

• Sorry if I got preachy and i'm sorry if I offended anyone but I wanted to make myself understood after the last few days. I hope we can put the little hiccups behind us and move on and have fun and build this story so that we will be talking about it for years to come.

Nina

Dear fellow gamers,

I am not going to be long with this. As per the gm wishes, I am to quit this game immediately. I am not going to discuss why as to why I am quitting as that is between me and the gm. You do not know the range of emotions I am feeling over the past few days, nor do I care to give them out. I feel like it's pointless at this point to do so as they will not change a thing. I do hope that you all will have fun and joy even as I am not at the metaphorical table with you all.

With the best of wishes,

AceWildcard

• 4 weeks later...

1st question

Do you wish as a character and as a player to continue with highschool or would your character forgo highschool to concentrate on his/her new life as a government agent.

this is to gauge which direction i need to take some things.

I need answers to this ASAP please

As a player, I'm fine with Sean pursuing either. As a character, Sean would escape high school to work on real stuff. Hard to take computer or science classes when she knows she can write code that would make Google weep and design new power plants that could potentially make energy abundant, cheap, and clean.

What would make Sean stay in school, at least for a time, is being there for her friends.

My slight preference is to continue with High School (we still have the State Football Championship to win, duh! And it would suck to have done all that stuff with Sandy and finally start to get somewhere just to now forget about him, unless you have some way to keep Sandy and Taleena included) , but I am okay with either option.

I'm with Lilly on this one. Moving to a wholesale military game seems like it would cut out a lot of time with Sandy and Taleena out. My preference is to remain in the School but I won't mind too much if we don't attend anymore. Between his own intelligence and quick learner, Alec probably already outstrips what High School can offer him and what he doesn't know can be learned at a frightening pace.

Oh oops, I didn't read back far enough.

Kia would want to stay in school. She's about to graduate! It would be a bummer to just disappear. And she has other friends there, on the squad and so on.

But if the decision is made to take her out, she would understand.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently, I think Sean will be working on advanced Power Sources and Computing Systems, reverse-engineered from the alien tech and/or technical leap forward of current or potential technologies, more powerful and efficient foundation technologies to run future advances and developments. Hopefully, can also be used to upscale current devices and vehicles to some degree with modification.

Info that Sean requests will be any and all they have on the portal technology and what they have learned about the cause and effects of the Quantum Enhanced Humans phenomena. Mostly with an eye towards developing some manner of ranged scanner to detect they location or appearance.

As for a Gaming Session, Sean isn't opposed to one, but would rather have someone else run it for now, just for a change or a break.

Other side projects Sean will be working on will be helping Sara, and herself, adapt to their changes and powers, like control of them despite heightened emotions or overwhelming perceptive abilities, teaching Sara to swim, and working on a simple gaming app, no microtransactions to keep overhead and oversight on it down.

Archived