D and D game proposal

AceWildcard

I want to run a Dungeons and Dragons game. The problem is I never ran a campaign before so I am uncertain of how I am going to be at it. I know I appear as I am not active on this site. It just that I am not sure still on which game to join at the moment. What I do know is that I am wanting to do something so here it's go.

I decided to run the Hoard of the Dragon Queen. It was the first campaign setting for the Dungeon and Dragon 5th edition. I chose it as I felt it was easy for me to start out as a dm. Even so it still has a good mix of adventure and role playing.

I am hoping to have four people to start this adventure out with me. If more people join then okay. If not then I understand. Anyways all character will start at level one at the start of the game. If the games ends with success or failure… well that is up to you.

Players will start at level one. Characters will use either the standard set score, or ability point buy. As for equipment, refer to the choices that can be made when making a character of that class. There are also two additional backgrounds features in this book, but will replace a background feature: Cult of the Dragon Infliltrator, and Dragon Scholar. Also there is a dice roll of various reasons you would want to be adventuring if you want a bit of randomness in your history. If there is enough players whom want to play im me if you feel curious about these things. Either way tell me how you feel about what I am doing right or wrong with recruiting and starting stories.

The setting of the game takes place in the forgotten realms in the region known as the Sword Coast. The road have become more dangerous as of late. Rumors of bandits raiding lone travelers and caravans have been spreading as of late. Yet that does not detract you form your destination. That destination is Greenest, for whatever reasons known only to you.

D&D is a good start up game it simple and everyone is relatively familiar with it. Running  a published adventure in PbP is not easy. especially one that most people might be familiar with. If i wern't over involved in other things I would give it a go but im just over extended too much but i wish you luck

• 1 month later...

Yeah I hopped that more people would reply. But it seems like that the idea is not popular here I guess. Either that or people just don't want to play. I always have ideas for creating new games. Just that I am very inexperience in doing them. Hopefully in the future as people get to know me and how I do things I will come back and ask again.

Archived