MAGE20 - Paint It Black

MAGE20 ST

Triessa opened her mouth to argue...the whole reason she'd come this far was to NOT abandon Cheshire! But the other mage spoke with an intensity that couldn't be denied.

"All right," she said, "but if you get hurt or something from all this, I'll be very upset with you."

And then she was heading out of the hotel at a brisk pace, more than a jog but less than a run, and already fishing out her phone to dial back to the House. She could take care of that while going back to the last place she saw the others, and get it all done quick.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At The Hotel

Triessa had barley cleared the doors and stepped onto the sidewalk. pulling her phone out looking for the number for the Astrarium House when the back of her neck tingled she stopped and looked up. In the middle of the street facing her stood a red door. No one else made any reaction to it's presence and the cars drove by on either side without care. Her heartbeat raced as her eye was drawn to the ornate old fashioned door handle which was turning down. Even though she was outside and the wind blew and cars drove by she could hear the distinct click of the opening latch, slowly the door began to swing toward her opening...

Cheshire saw with the corner of her eye that Triessa had made her way outside, now she turned her attention back to the man fully. He had moved and was now directly in front of her the air around him still blurred as if she were watching him through the heat haze on an asphalt road in the middle of the summer in a desert. Yet all she felt was the cold air conditioning of the lobby.

He was right in front of her but he had not moved at least not physically because, now she saw with her true eye that he was not truly here but only present through the working of his own will upon time and space. A voice from far away spoke into her ear a voice only she could hear.

“You are so beautiful, so perfect. Who are you?” A voice full of pain, a question full of longing.

At the Bar and Grill

Naomi listened and watched the mages carefully she was surprised when none of them but the girl spoke up. She wouldn't have pegged her for the leader but then they were mages. While she might look young it was possible the DuFresne girl was older even than her. It is what it is, she thought.

With a gesture of her head indicating another both some distance away the Native American woman started to turn away. “Come on then, let's talk. You two stay here and entertain our guests.”

Kaitlin matched Terrance wing for wing. She was still getting used to New Orleans cuisine, it was more hotly spiced than she was used to, and she preferred dry rubs to sauce coatings, but she nodded her agreement with the black Werewolf. She stripped the meat from the bones with strong, straight teeth and tossed the bones on the growing pile on the side plate.

"I'm really starting to like the cooking down here," she said, smiling back, pressing her thigh against his. But when he straightened up at the appearance of the newcomers, she did too, eyeing the Werewolves as much as they were eyeing the Mages.

Kaitlin would grant them that - at least every werewolf she'd ever seen seemed to be in great shape. She highly approved. She nodded back at the guy with the tattoos, noticing his poised slouch, but the black woman's gaze made her a bit uneasy. Kaitlin wondered if she was gay, not that she had any problem with that, really. Just, other than a friend back home who had come onto to her after her 'growth spurt' she hadn't really ever had any experience with it.

It didn't concern her much though, with the werewolve's Alpha commanding presence. Kaitlin arched a brow as Terrance tried to play off their arrival as a coincidence then arched it higher when his thick accent disappeared. She had no idea why anyone would bother - was it a race thing? Trying to be underestimated? Whatever.

After her comments and gripes, Kaitlin was glad Genevieve was talking the lead on the conversation. She was a lot more... uh, diplomatic than she would have been, even if she mostly agreed with Genevieve's points. She had great respect for the Totem Spirits of a place. So she kept silent so she wouldn't undermine her when the Alpha gave Terrance a withering frown that made him scooch away from her contented herself with sliding over to close the gap, her leg pressing strongly against his, a stubborn set to her jaw. She'd fuck whoever she damn well pleased. The Alpha was a tall woman and very well built, but Kaitlin was taller still and even more built.

Kaitlin found it irritating that the werewolf leader seemed to think Genevieve was their leader just because she was the one talking, rather than just because she was the one most suited or skilled at it, but she certainly wasn't going to make an issue of it. Despite Genevieve's dour thoughts on their predicament, Kaitlin still thought things were going reasonably well.

As the Alpha and Genevieve walked over to their booth to negotiate, Kaitlin ate another two or three wings. "Friendly, ain't she?" she commented, nodding over to the other booth. Doing to a quick scan to make sure nobody looked like they were eavesdropping, Kaitlin added, "So, what do werewolves do for fun in New Orleans?"

Cade didn't have a good answer for the leadership question and didn't care enough to argue in front of the werewolves over it.  He wordlessly sat and let Genevieve go off to talk, hoping she didn't agree to something that was beyond what they could manage.   He sat there with Terrance and the others, and sighed.  Of course he'd caught that the accent was phony, it was too perfect, as damn few in new orleans actually sounded that way. 

Genevieve nodded, picked up her drink and followed to the booth.

< Her wanting to talk with me alone means she can drop all, or at least most, the alpha bitch bullshit she has to keep up in front of the rest of her pack, because it sure didn't phase me. I'll keep you guys filled in and may need somebody to make a call or two, depending on how things go. > she thought to her brother and Kaitlin.

Genevieve slide into the booth and set down her glass casually.

"Thanks for being willing to talk more. Can I buy you a drink or anything?" she said to the Native American woman.

"I am me," Cheshire responded blandly, then conversationally followed up with, "What leads you to murder three young women?" Projecting. Hmph, that's inconvenient for me. She moved herself to a corner of the lobby, anywhere a little concealed so she wouldn't garner too much attention; luckily for mages in this digital age, most people just assume you're on a bluetooth phone if you're talking to the air. While she waited for him to respond, she reviewed what magics she knew and spirits she could call upon to track him to his physical source. He had the advantage here - the sphere of Space was not her specialty. 

• 2 weeks later...

Triessa had barley cleared the doors and stepped onto the sidewalk. pulling her phone out looking for the number for the Astrarium House when the back of her neck tingled she stopped and looked up. In the middle of the street facing her stood a red door. No one else made any reaction to it's presence and the cars drove by on either side without care. Her heartbeat raced as her eye was drawn to the ornate old fashioned door handle which was turning down. Even though she was outside and the wind blew and cars drove by she could hear the distinct click of the opening latch, slowly the door began to swing toward her opening...

"Well then," she murmured. "Looks like this isn't something I'm just going to be able to walk away from."

Triessa put her phone away. She didn't think she'd have time to waste looking through its directory for a number, dialing, and then speaking. But maybe there were other ways to get a message through?

As she stood, watching the door start to open...wondering what would be on the other side...she tried to reach out with her mind to touch the consciousness of another. Someone who was far away, but never far from her thoughts...

(Going to use Mind magic to try to send a short telepathic message to my Mentor! Message reads: "Found a rogue mage stalking and killing girls; me and Cheshire caught his eye. We're at the Marriott. Might need a hand." )

Ana was slicing olives for a garnish when she felt a familiare twinge. She closed her eyes, breathed deep and opened her mind to her firiend and student. Her smile turned to a frown and she dropped the olive and knife, grabbed a dish towle and was wiping her hands as she hurried from the kitchen to the main Hall.

She saw a young student and inquired after the Arch Deacon, the student a slight girl of 12 with red hair and freckles swallowed hard and pointed to one of the side hall, hoping fervently that she had done nothing wrong.

Barging into the study hall she saw Moore sitting to the side observing the lesson Alphonse was imparting on a handfull of students, several of which looked up at Ana as she entered. She caught Moore's eye and sent a mental message to him. <Triessa just contacted me and sent this "Found a rogue mage stalking and killing girls; me and Cheshire caught his eye. We're at the Marriott. Might need a hand." > Moore digested the mental replay <Where is the rest of the cabel? Nevermind that, grab Samurai Joe and go, I'll follow up with Zay>

Nodding Ana left the hall to find Samurai Joe. Moore also left and retreated into the inner sanctum of the House where the Great Astrarium stood, there he found deacon Zay. Observing the new cabal.

She had tow observation portals opened one showed a bar or resuraunt whith most of the cabal and severl other persons the other was of the lobby of a hotel. Zay looked up at Moore. “Is something wrong?” He quckly filled her in and had her focus in on the Hotel. She manipulated a few cristals which sat on a chalk board resting in her lap and the hotel lobby grew in size and clarity. “There's the two girls I don't see anyone threatening them” Moore nodded “Keep focused on them I sent Ana and Joe, What in the world possesed them to go off on their own and why the hell did the rest let them?”

At The Marriot

“Kill them? I don't kill them,” he laughs, “I save them, just like I'm going to save you and your friend.” The man smiles at Cheshire a smile that reminds her of a shark that she saw on the television a few days before.

While the man spoke she subtly summoned forth a spirit of chance with it connected to her she cast it unseen into the unknown mages spell if luck were with her it would find his physical body and then they could track him to his lair.

Out side people bustle past Triessa as she stared at the opening door. Inside she saw a kaleidoscope of colors which all were black and floating in them were symbols each unique as a snowflake. Their beauty was unparalleled and each she knew was a spark of life, a soul trapped in a purgatory of the mages making.

At the Bar and Grill

Naomi and Genevieve settled into a booth across the restaurant from the rest of the mage's and werewolves. Naomi shook her head at the offer of a drink. “No thank you. What do you want? Why have you come here if not to take back what never belonged to you in the first place?”

Genevieve notices that there seems to be a lot of pent up anger in the woman, but she seems to have relaxed since sitting with Genevieve.

Across the restaurant at the table full of mages and werewolves the waitress is refilling drinks and taking orders from the new arrivals. Terrance encouraged by Kaitlin pressing her leg against his and her flirtation leans closer placing his hand on her thigh “Dat all depends on what kinda fun choo looking for, Sha”

Cross swallowed the last of his third drink , or was it his fourth, this was all bull shit who the fuck did Jasper think he was I beat his ass once I can beat him again. “Fuck this shit were wolves and fucking kids Fuck all of this.” He rose unsteadily to his feet. Everyone was staring at him as he made his outburst. The two new werewolves straightened up and tensed. Terrence oblivious to everything but Kaitlin leans in close to whisper in her ear, intoxicated by her scent...

Cade looked up at Cross, and sighed.  "Go then, Xavier.  you know where to find us when you calm down and remember what we've been tasked with doing."   His voice never raised, he didn't seem to care much at this, mostly  because he could do the rituals as well, and if Cross wanted to go, there really was no keeping him there that wasn't going to cause issues later.  he looked to the two werewolves, once Cross had made his exit, and nodded.  "Sorry for my colleague's outburst, he's fairly eccentric, this isn't the first time I'm told that he's done this sort of thing."

Triessa realized she was holding her breath, and had even taken a step towards the doorway before stopping herself. She reached out with her magic senses, but quickly found that these disembodied souls had nothing for her strongest powers to work with...they were not 'alive' in the sense that her magic needed them to be. She could sense the spatial pocket they were kept in, and could discern their spiritual state...but didn't have the knowledge she'd need to try to work a spell on them and perhaps release them.

Cheshire was right. They needed help.

She was fairly sure that the 'crone' had heard her message...she wanted to tell the others, but they would be busy with their own problems too.

Still. She didn't have to place demands on them. Just let them know what was going on. Then they could decide what was most important.

So Triessa concentrated again, reaching out for the minds of her coven...the other mages she was working with.

Guys, me and Cheshire found out what was threatening those girls. A mage, one working outside the Chantry. He seems to be kind of a serial killer who's trapping people's souls inside some kind of magic doorway. I think we're okay for now, and I've let the Chantry know what's going on too. Just wanted to fill everyone in. Hope the situation with the ritual is okay. See ya soon.

Kaitlin was obviously a very fit and solid woman, but Terrence's eyes still widened at feeling just how firm her muscular thigh was. He could barely make the faintest impression, his fingers pressing into tanned skin before being stopped by steel hard muscle. He found the possibilities offered by this northern Mage Babe intriguing.

Kaitlin smirked, noticing his discovery. She been with several men since her forging, and while there had been no doubt which of them were the stronger, with the exception of her wolf-friend, she hadn't been able to reveal the true limits of her strength, stamina, and agility. But being with a werewolf, someone who worked in a similar world, she wouldn't have to hide her capabilities. She liked Pascal, had fun with him, but what Terrence could offer was very enticing. Her grin widened.

"I don't know 'bout the others, but I'm a physical girl," Kaitlin replied flirtatiously. "So I'm looking for something active, fun, and at least a little dangerous."

Kaitlin only quirked a brow at Xavier's outburst, but didn't add anything after Cade. If he didn't want to be here, there was no point in forcing him. She thought things with the werewolves were going reasonably well and they were young, why shouldn't they flirt? It's not like they had corporate jobs and had to act like every meeting was in a boardroom. Maybe he had too much to drink? Kaitlin was very aware of her own physical limits, but was finding it harder to understand those of others as hers continued to grow further and further.

"I's got'choo, Sha," Terrence said, taking in her scent. "I knows just the thing..."

Listening to Terrence's suggestions, Kaitlin's amber eyes widened as a new mental voice spoke into her head. Much more of this and she'd have to set up a mental call-waiting system in her head.

<Give us a ping if you need back-up> Kaitlin answered Triessa, naturally assuming she and Cheshire could take care of themselves or would ask for help if they needed it. <No ritual here yet, maybe none at all. Still confabbing with the werewolves. Looks like they and a totem spirit, Grandfather Thunder, claimed the node in the aftermath of Katrina. Astrarium House might have to look elsewhere to power their spells and wards and whatnot. Doesn't look like we're heading towards a fight though>

"Let me give a little more detail. Some of this you may know. I'm not really sure." Genevieve said as she glanced over at Xavier and his outburst for a moment, rolling her eyes before returning her gaze to Naomi.

"The Katrina Memorial is a, shall we say, 'place of power'. Before The Storm, before the Memorial was built, that spot was nothing special. There was a 'place of power' very nearby though. And that place was protected by us and aided us in opposing those who seek to turn the world into a stagnant, static, unchanging place devoid of vitality, imagination, change. Anyways, The Storm hit, bitch slapped them and more or less reset the board. In so doing, our link to that place of power was severed. We are getting our house back in order and came seeking to re-establish our link with that place once again only to find out that it had moved and your pack, or kind, or community, or whatever, was watching it and us. So here we are" Genevieve recounted as she relaxed in the booth, talking very casually, though was certainly not lacking n confidence.

"We're not looking to step on toes or pick a fight or anything. We've been at peace for some time now and hope to keep it that way. If you control, or guard, or whatever, that place now and tell us to take a hike, then we will. No harm, no foul. You see, from our perspective even if we cannot re-establish our link with the place then at least your kind controlling and protecting it is a damn sight better than our enemies getting it." she explained.

"Another option is us cooperating and possible sharing the place. That would mean we both benefit from it and it would have a more varied group of defenders. Who knows, it might even lead to further cooperation between our kinds in other areas later on. I can't image that being a bad thing." she offered.

"At any rate, it is really up to you, or you and Grandfather Thunder if that is case, as to want you want to do. If it helps, there are those among our number who can interact with spirits too, so offerings or whatever could be made to possible make amends and appease him. I dunno, I am not terrible skilled in that area. I mean, I can see the ones that have been following us, but spirits are not my forte. I'm just saying that we respect Grandfather Thunder too."

"So what do you say? If you need to talk with your pack, or Grandfather Thunder, or your elders or something, then that's cool too. This does not need to be absolutely resolved right now. Some resolution, one way or the other, would be good fairly soon-ish though, but not pressure." Genevieve said with a shrug as she took a sip of her drink.

At the Marriot Hotel

Anna and Samurai Joe stepped out of the maintenance closet down the hall beside the elevators, no one paid them any mind. It took them a only a moment to locate Cheshire in the middle of the lobby and the complex Correspondence spell she was interacting with. From where they were they couldn't see much of the spell just a black morass that looked like a tall column that was filled occasionally by flashes of even blacker lightning. Joe began slowly working his way around the lobby to get into a position to see what Cheshire was seeing at the same time Anna headed for the Lobby doors to find Triessa.

Cheshire concentrated on her spell and the mage confronting her. “I and my friend are not in need of saving and I'm not sure those other girls do either. What are you trying to save us from?” She saw Joe out of the corner of her eye and recognized him from the Astrarium House. She did her best not to draw attention to him.

Outside Anna saw Triessa in the middle of the street where she had moved dangerously close to the mystical construct She called out alarmed. “Triessa!”

The voice cuts through Triessa's reverie and with a start she steps back. How did she get so close to the door? She didn't remember moving from the sidewalk...

At the Bar and Grill

Naomi leaned back putting one arm across the back of the bench as Genevieve spoke and looked her up and down appreciating what she was seeing. The blond hair and the sensual lips, the promise of a perfect body beneath the clothes that hid even as it accented what it was hiding. The sorrow in her eyes. She surreptitiously glanced at her Twin across the room and saw the same thing. Naomi found herself getting a bit excited at the scene playing out in her head and had to bite her lip to bring her attention back to what the girl was saying.

As Genevieve spoke she couldn't help but notice the change in the woman's demeanor or the way she was looking at her. As she finished speaking both women's attention was drawn to the table across the restaurant where their companions waited and the disturbance that the oldest mage, Cross, was creating. As he left the table there and stumbled toward the door, Aja stood and pushed his chair in in picking up his laptop. “I'll make sure he gets home safe.” He slides the flash drive across the table to Kaitlin. “Here just plug it in to any computer I mad some adjustments so you can make sense of what it shows, I'm not sure this is really my kind of thing. I'll see you guys back at the house.” He gives a wave and goes off after Cross calling for him to wait up.

Naomi shakes her head.

“Looks like you are having problems with your pack. I can see why you are the one speaking for them. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders and not just a pretty one. By the way my name is Naomi and I hope I wasn't too, rude, before.” Naomi dropped her arm from the back of the bench and scooted forward leaning on the table getting closer to Genevieve waiting for the younger woman's reaction.

Across the restaurant Terrance looked on as Aja and Cross exited. “Looks like this party is breaking up.” He leaned over and putting his hand on her leg, sliding it up between her thighs as his mouth comes close to her ear. He is oblivious to the rest of the people at the table or just doesn't care. “I got a sweet game rig back at my place that you can use and maybe we can, you know, play a bit.” he whispers his hot breath tickling Kaitlin's ear.

Spoiler

I never did say what kind of action :P

Triessa looked away at the call of Anna's voice and jumped slightly. Goose pimples dotted her shoulders as she realized how close she'd gotten. The door, and the lights within, were so fascinating to see. Their movements almost...hypnotic?

She quickly trots back towards the hotel, towards Anna, glancing to and fro to make sure something as mundane as a traffic accident wouldn't be the fate of her as she did.

"You made it! Whew, that's a relief. Look!" Triessa waved a hand towards the door in the road. "Just...don't look too long. It kind of snaps you up it seems like."

Kaitlin shrugged a taut shoulder as she slipped the flashdrive into a tight pocket of her shorts, even as her smirked widened at the feel of Terrence's hand between her muscled thighs. "We're a new pack. Still working the kinks out is all."

She watched Aja and Cross leave for a moment, still not sure why Aja had made a fuss about not telling her what was on the flashdrive in the first place, then leaned against Terrence, her shoulder pressing against his. She snaked one of her own hands between his legs and gave him a hard, quick squeeze.

"That sounds like a great idea," Kaitlin said, then dropped her voice to wicked murmur. "When I play, I play hard. I hope you do too."

Completely ignoring everyone else at the table Terrence shifts his hand higher and his warm breath and tongue tease Kaitlin's ear as he whispers "Dame baby you got me so..."

The pained howl full of anguish and rage shatters the air as a huge figure of dark grey fur and muscle, fang and claws explodes into existence over the table. Glasses and dishes are thrown everywhere as the enraged Garou in full crinos lunges out of the ether, jaws and talons reaching for Terrence and Kaitlin!

Spoiler

It is initiative. use the combat thread everyone's initial shock allows the intruder to fully materialize even the werewolves are caught offguard

Genevieve lashed a half grin and shrugged, brushing off any possible tension after Naomi's apology, showing she thought nothing of it.

"Thanks. And no need to apologize. You were doing what you needed to do, I am sure. Burdens of leadership and all that. It is tougher for a woman to be leader anywhere. And not that I am expert on packs or anything, but I would imagine that is true for a pack too, maybe even more so. I think we have more in common than you might realize." Genevieve assured.

"I do appreciate it though." she added.

She then glanced over at the disturbance Cross was making and rolled her eyes. She lifted her drink, now little more than ice cubes, and pressed the chilled glass to her forehead as she closed her eyes for just a moment, enjoying the cold.

"Don't worry about him. He's... whatever." Genevieve sighed, brushing a hand dismissively.

She sat her glass back down and fished an ice cube from it, cradling the slowly melting crystal in her hand as she ran it along the back of her neck, almost letting out a soft moan at the sensation. She then plunked what was left of the ice cub back down in her glass and brushed it aside as she rested her elbows on the table and leaned forward slightly.

"Anyways... Why don't we..." she halted mid-sentence as the obvious werewolf appeared at the other table.

"Oh goddamnit." she sighed.

Before the words had passed through Genevieve's lips Naomi had sprung into action. Genevieve's breath caught in her throat as the older woman levered herself up on to the back of the booth and launched herself like a missile across the great distance separating where they sat and where the monstrous threat appeared as if from thin air. Genevieve was awestruck and stunned the part of her mind which was pure human wanted to shrink from what she saw and crawl under the table and hide as primal fears wormed their way into her living mind. If she had been wholly human that is exactly what she would done For what she saw evoked a memory so old and so ingrained that all humans even those who scoffed at the thought of the supernatural would have had the same reaction as Naomi flying through the air changed. He skin rippled and stretched her bones seemed to flow as her size and mass nearly tripled as the woman gave way to the beast. But Genevieve wasn't wholly human and so she stared and saw with eyes wide and mind aware as two of mans oldest nightmares joined prepared for battle.

Time seemed to slow not from magic but from perception as those who could all acted in the flash of second almost simultaneously Namoi changed faster than any garou any of those who knew of them and had seen which showed her skill and power. He sleek and muscled form Black fur gleaming, tribal scars flashing their silver hue her roar freezing the blood of all and carrying the words in the language of the Garou “Intruder Submit!”

As the Grayish Red werewolf crashed to the top of the table the rest of the persons around scattered out of the way.

Kaitlin had been all ready to get out of there to play some 'games' when the furious werewolf appeared out of thin air, lunging at her and Terrence. With smooth alacrity, she rolled out of the booth into a defensive stance and began pulling on her chi, at first thinking Terrence might have had a mate who was pissed with his flirting.

At the same time Cade had spun out of his seat, drawing Lawgiver in a single fluid motion, and aiming it coldly at the rampaging beast.  His first instinct, naturally would have been to call for silvertip ammunition.  The fact he'd not been drinking anything allowed him just enough foresight to NOT escalate straight to silver weapons. The looks of shock on the faces of the other garou there were enough to clear them of immediate suspicion of an ambush, they'd not seen this one coming either.

As the Gray landed on the table and slashed toward a stunned Terrence The Black Fury slammed into the slightly smaller grey the force of the impact exploding the table as they hit the floor the Black had maintained her hold and twisted the gray onto it's back her jaws inches away from his throat. “Submit” she growled again...

Suddenly the reddish-Grey fur and the markings on the first werewolf sent waves of recognition and her brows lowered angrily, as it dawned on her who this was though she didn't drop her defensive stance – She was unsure of the black werewolf she screamed as loud as she could to be heard . "Calm the fuck down!" Kaitlin then flicked her eyes around at the others before returning them to her Wolf-Friend and the black she thought must be the packs alpha. "Everyone calm down, I know him."

Cade who had seen Garou before although never this closs pointed his gun first at the grey then the Black then back to the grey while this wasn't the first time seeing the huge wolf man form it was the first time he had ever heard one speak and this kind of shocked him but he didn't show "You can stand down, or be put down."  His voice was calm and even, not wavering even in the face of such brutish might.

Everything stopped The grey turned and looked at Kaitlin while the black looked at Cade and the gun.

Kaitlin, glared at Billy. He'd always been playful and they always had fun together, but he certainly looked dangerous now. And in danger. She'd never seen him like this before. "I thought I'd caught your scent around. I'm glad to see you again." Her smile was brief and before her lips tightened. "But if this is a jealousy thing, then fuck off. Who I fuck is no concern of yours, unless you want in on a Devil's Three-way."

Everyone looked at Kaitlin.

On 9/29/2016 at 8:57 AM, SalmonMax said:

Triessa looked away at the call of Anna's voice and jumped slightly. Goose pimples dotted her shoulders as she realized how close she'd gotten. The door, and the lights within, were so fascinating to see. Their movements almost...hypnotic?

She quickly trots back towards the hotel, towards Anna, glancing to and fro to make sure something as mundane as a traffic accident wouldn't be the fate of her as she did.

"You made it! Whew, that's a relief. Look!" Triessa waved a hand towards the door in the road. "Just...don't look too long. It kind of snaps you up it seems like."

Anna reached out and gently pulled Triessa back away from the doorway. "This isn't safe, child come with me." She led Triessa back into the lobby where they saw Cheshire still talking to the man and Samurai Joe coming up behind him.

"What is this? Uninvited guests? I never knew there was such beauty in this world. but i don't care for audiences. Fear not beautiful one I shall come and save you soon" The man and his red door vanish.

Samurai Joe mutters a low curse. "Did you learn anything?" He asks Cheshire as he takes her by the arm in a mirror gesture with Anna and Triessa, then leads them all outside to the parking garage.

Chishire doesn't like being led but she allows it as she is still trying to sort out what had just happened. "He said he isn't killer that he saves them I think he is deranged. I sent a spirit after him hopefully it will be able to locate him and let me know where. He said he would be back to save me."

"ok that was good thinking." He pauses fishes in his cutoffs pockets and pulls out a electric key and flicks the button in the distance they here a car horn respond.

Triessa look puzzeled "You drove? How did you get here so fast?"

"no" answered Anna, " Zay put the car here so we could get you back to your cabal."

Cheshire stopped and half turned to go back "Those girls they may still be in danger."

Joe and Anna exchange a look then he flips her the key. "Give me an image of what they look like I'll stay and watch after them while Anna gets you two back where you belong"

• 2 weeks later...

Cade sighed.  "We can be peaceable about this or it can get rowdy, I think though calming down and sitting down for drinks might be the best course."  He looked to Kaitlin and shook his head.  Proposing a threeway to two garou, well some women had their kinks and if that was hers, who was he to judge. 

"Can we continue our negotiations, or do we need to be concerned with anything else appearing out of the Umbra attacking us?"

Kaitlin glared back at the others, completely unabashed. "Since I don't have any immediate plans to fuck any of you, it ain't none of your concern either."

She crouched down and locked eyes with her wolf-friend, trying to affect a casual demeanor, which wasn't easy with the even bigger, blacker werewolf looming over him. "I think she has you, Billy. So why don't we do what Cade suggested and, uh..., collect ourselves and talk this out, hmm? Things were going pretty well before, I don't think we need any blood on the floor to finish it."

Kaitlin straightened up and looked over to right the table, but it was little more than kindling now, so she just moved the debris out of the way and sat down. "Y'know Billy, if you had wanted to talk, or just to shag, it wouldn't been a lot easy if you'd just shown yourself instead of lurking about in the wherever it was. We got along fine, I thought." She shrugged, then nodded at the huge she-wolf. "Now you gotta make things right with her. Her house, her rules, as it were."

She grinned wryly at Cade. "Well, this is my only old lover who can something like this, far as I know. If another pops in, it's on someone else."

The other werewolves have all backed away except for Terrence who seems to be in a state of shock. The big Black Stares with hot yellow eyes as Kaitlin talks, then she looks back at Cade and his big gun. Her muscles and fur ripple and her shape changes not to how she looked before not human but something between human and the monster she was. Billy tenses and her head snaps back toward his throat her jaws and fang seeming to grow in an instant only to recede as he freezes. Billy has also changed and looks more human and in another instant he is fully human.

Naomi still in near human sits up straddling the young indian teen he places a clawed hand at his throat. She addresses Kaitlin with a  voice that is barely human but the words are understandable. "You have mated with this one?"

Kait is a bit shocked to be asked that especially since she had just said that they had, she feels Billy's eyes on her pleading.

Seeing the garou no longer in their hulking warforms, Cade lowered his gun and nodded wordlessly.  Whatever dominance play was going on here, he had no stake in. There was no mistaking that he was on his guard still, even as he holstered Lawgiver smoothly.  Clearly they'd have to resolve Billy's intrusion first before they could return to the matter at hand, if it could even be discussed still.

Kaitlin was very still. Yeah, Billy had kinda messed things up at the moment, but she was more than fond of him. She was stronger and faster than human, but the pack Alpha or whatever was still kinda... wolfy, and had claws on his throat. Kaitlin wasn't sure if she could intercede in time before Billy paid too high of a price.

She quirked a brow at Naomi's question, who asked with an intimation that she didn't quite understand. "We didn't have a kid or anything," Kaitlin admitted cautiously, her brows lowering over her sharp, amber eyes, "but we've been intimate more than once... Why?"

Naomi stares for several seconds at the young mage then back at Cade nothing that he had put his gun away. She looked down at Billy and in the tongue of the Garou said something only those with Garou blood could understand.

Billy began to shift again becoming more animal like shifting into a wolf at the same time Naomi shifted to full human form. "He is a wolf, will-worker, wolves mate for life."

Kaitlin... blinked, utterly flummoxed, her poised stance loosening in surprise. She didn't seem to know what to do with her hands, placing one on a hip, then closing them into fists, finally settling on crossing her arms and she tried to process when Naomi had said. Her thoughts seemed to keep short-circuiting and she had to start over.

"Huh." The single almost-word was drawn out in wondering acknowledgment. The tall young woman looked at Naomi, then gave Billy a longer, almost accusatory glance. "And what are wolves thoughts on open marriages?"

God save me from this nonsense....   Cade's thoughts at the almost highschool drama playing out before him were not totally hidden from everyone else.   "This is certainly not how I expected this day to go."    Taking a seat once again he mused idly.  "I wonder how the others are doing."   The truth was he was of a mind to actually check, but had a feeling it was unneeded, and he didn't want to split his attention.  He might miss something that was actually important here.

"This may be a bit of a misunderstanding. I think my compatriot means they have had sex, but are not actually mated." Genevieve sighed from her seat at the booth, hoping to clarify.

< Seriously? I mean, I am not one to judge. Whatever floats your boat, and all that. But please tell me you are not actually mated to that werewolf. And if you are mated, then it would have been really great to have shared that with me before I walked off to negotiate with the alpha. > she 'thought' across the mental channel tat she held open with Kaitlin and her brother.

Naomi and Billy growled at each other pretty much ignoring everyone else for several moment. Then she stood up and ran her fingers through her hair. Billy shifted back into human form and looked embarrased he wouldn't meet Kaitlin"s eyes.

Cade had found it difficult to follow the conversation between Naomi and the Naked boy but the gist of it that he understood was that Naomi had asked about the boys Tribe and as far as Cade could read the answer wasn't a very good one.

Naomi spoke. "The boy will come with us. His breed is Lupine but he is Garou he will learn." He gestures to Kaitlin. "You did not understand you are young too and not knowledgeable of the Garou. you and he can come to your own understanding, if he elects to stay. If you do not wish to have anything to do with him after this display I will see to it." To everyone. "We have a place close that is more private where we can conclude this. I have a proposition."

Some time later the whole group has moved to a run down apartment build several blocks from the Node. All the were wolves leave Naomi alone with the mages taking billy with them.

"Your not going to hurt him are you?" asked Kaitlin as they Garou led her young lover away.

"The boy? No. It is not his fault nor yours. The spirits have told me your story. Of how you came to know him and how you thought he was a member of the pack that saved you from the Dancer. You were wrong He was not a member of the pack or any pack. He had not been brought up properly. We will teach him what he needs to know. Then you can make peace."

She takes a seat on a ratty old couch.

"All of you sit, please. I will give you a proposition. The Garou did not hold this place it was seeded over to man and the wyrm a long time ago. The old guardians slept. As in many places where your civilization flourish in these modern times the Garou left and so too the other changing breeds. The great storm you call Katrina came but it was no normal storm, you know this but you misunderstood it. All around the world the spirits fought to bring balance back to the world your kind upset. You think the spirits brought Katrina. You are wrong. Your kind stole Grandfather Thunders power and brought it here. It was not part of the spirits cleansing it was a declaration of war.

In the chaos that followed I was called, my name is Naomi Chastain I am also Ohoyo La Taniampi, woman who goes to war. The spirits bade me to come here to take back the caerns to put packs in place and to take up our sacred duty once again. I have done what I can but we are few and our foes many.

Grandfather Thunder thinks you may be worthy allies. He has told me that he knows of your house of stars and its needs. he has told me that he will let you have the place of celebration and sorrow you claimed today, and he will let you have the place of torture and death that was once yours as well. But you may not have the shrine.

However he has told me to take you to two other places which will give your house what it needs to live. These he will let your house claim, but only through you.

This is what he will allow for things to remain peaceful between us. But if you gathered her will ally with me and join in the protection of those who have been hurt by your war and the wyrm. He will give more."

Cade listened intently, but a part of him was still processing understanding the wolf-speak.   There were little snippets of memories, being around wolves from long ago.  Still he had presence of mind enough to hear the offer Naomi made, and considered it.  It was so neat and tidy, they lost their original objective, but gained the power from two lesser sites they needed, and an alliance with at least this pack of Garou, and their patron Grandfather Thunder, in return for fighting creatures of darkness, essentially.  It really did seem too good to be true.

As he wasn't part of a mental link with the others, he simply turned to Genevieve and nodded.   He'd back them however they chose to jump on this, but he still felt there was more they weren't being told.   Aside from that, how would the chantry react to their cabal making side deals with another faction.  They were very new, and any deal they made certainly wouldn't be binding on the others.  Still he could think of worse allies than the Supernaturally powered Lupines, and the massive patron spirit they served.

Inwardly he felt two halves of his mind at war.  One that was far from trusting, the other that simply felt this was right.

Genevieve took a seat on the couch, her arm outstretched along the back of it and her back resting against the padded arm in a very relaxed posture. She was not thrilled about the lovers' spat, or whatever one wanted to call it, but the matter seemed cleared up for now and maybe the reaction of her cabal to it all might have helped ease Naomi's fears. Either way, things were going significantly better now.

She listened to Naomi speak, making eye contact from time to time and nodding to show her attention as she also took in her surroundings and gauged the reactions of the rest of her newfound cabal, or what was left of them at least, to Naomi's words and offer.

"Your compromise is very fair and it shows that you find peace between our kinds just as important as we do." Genevie responded as she noted Cade's nod to her.

< She is more reasonable than I expected, based on the stories of werewolves. As long as we are not pissy about the Memorial, we get two other places. What about her offer of a pact between us? Cade seems in. It is more or less doing what we were going to do already, and we get some allies and more nodes out of it. > she thought to Kaitlin and her brother.

< I am okay with it. > Kaitlin replied.

< You know I am with you, whatever you choose, but I suggest caution, sister. > 

< I see where you're coming from, brother. She was given a near impossible task and is doing the best she can with very limited resources. She does not have the... manpower? Wolfpower? ...to protect all of these nodes. A node in our hands is at least protected and not in the hands of their enemies. She is making the best of the position she's in and trying to get something out of it if she can. That's a good sign, actually.And technically, only the four of us in this room would be bound by the deal, not the whole cabal or chantry. >

"We are not here to step on toes, so we have no issue with giving up the shrine. Yes, it would be of use and benefit to us, but it is clearly of great importance to you and Grandfather Thunder, and we respect that. The offer of the two other places shows your willingness to work together, and so it is accepted in the spirit in which it was given." Genevieve said as she offered a handshake to Naomi to seal the deal.

"I see little reason why we cannot further this newfound friendship as well. So yes, we here will ally with you as you have offered." she added.

"Like I said before, I think you will see that the goals of our two kinds are far more similar than not. For one, neither of us want to see any of these places of power fall into the hands of our enemies. You may unfortunately lack the resources to properly use and protect these other places Grandfather Thunder speaks of, but in our care though, they would not only be out of the hands of both of our enemies, but will strengthen us as well. And the stronger we are, then the greater aid we can offer our newfound Garou friends." she explained with the effortless charm that came so easy to her and her brother, as she gave Naomi an easy, genuine smile.

<We were... friends of a sort, growing from adolescence into teenagers and things took their course, so yeah, we fucked. We were each other's firsts, far as I know.> Genevieve felt a mental shrug, Kaitlin didn't seem ashamed of the admission. <Homelife wasn't the best after my mother died and I liked having a secret friend. Don't think it makes us mated.>

The revelation that Billy wasn't part of the Pack that had gifted her the Glade struck Kaitlin with surprise. Thinking about it, had he ever actually said his name was Billy, or had she just started calling him that? For the first couple of years after they had met and played around the Glade, they hadn't even bothered with names at all - it hadn't necessary. What did she really know about Billy?

She knew some about werewolves, she thought, but not enough to make the distinctions between Lupine, Garou, and Dancer (?!) that Naomi mentioned. Kaitlin thought that like people, some werewolves were just assholes, some of whom needed to be put down, like the one that had murdered her mother. She'd have to ask what was different between Lupines and Garou, when she got the opportunity to do so discretely. Kaitlin had to admit, Naomi having a spirit about to give her a run down on things like opening a Wiki page seemed pretty handy. Her own avatar was rarely so direct.

Following Naomi to the apartment, her eyes lingering for a moment on Billy as he was led away, instead of taking a seat, Kaitlin leaned slouching against a doorway, arms folded. She had to force herself to listen to Naomi's proposal, her thoughts wanting to focus back on the puzzle that was Billy. The deal seemed far enough, two Nodes instead of one, even if they were likely weaker, and an alliance of sorts with the werewolves.

It looked good to her and she signaled her agreement to Genevieve over the mental link they still shared.

The car bounced along the rough streets all three women silent pondering the matter of this new threat. Anna drove with Triessa beside her while Cheshire sat in the back her eyes half closed. Anna broke the silence about halfway to their destination.

“Tri, what on earth possessed you girls to go off on your own like that. How many time have I told you that there are dangerous things...”

The radio which had been off blared to life and the voice of the Archdeacon came over the speakers. “Anna, a change of plans. The cabal has moved. Take Triessa to rejoin them then bring Cheshire back to the House. The coordinates where they are now has been sent to the gps on Triessa's phone. Triessa your cabal needs to be careful werewolves are very dangerous and have their own agenda. This is the first contact any of the chantries have had with this group of them and as far as I know they are not part of the covenant. Be careful.”

Triessa nodded to the radio then realized the Archdeacon couldn't see her...or maybe he could but anyway. “I'll warn them. Is there anything specific I should tell them or we should watch for?”

“No. the werewolves have chosen to reveal themselves to your cabal it's not like they couldn't have approached us or any of the other chantries. For some reason they are talking to you, we will honor whatever your cabal decide.”

Within a few minutes Anna pulls to the entrance of a run down apartment building. A couple of elderly black men are sitting ant a folding table playing dominoes a couple of younger men in there twenties sitting by watching the game.

Anna puts her hand on Triessa's arm as she opens the door to exit the car. “Be careful hun. Don't let these creatures spirituality fool you they are deadly thing and prone to horrible acts of violence. Watch yourself”

Cheshire from the back seat leans over and touches Triessa's shoulder. “Tell them I'm sorry” then she sits back and looks out the window away from the building. Anna watches her in the rear view mirror Triessa is puzzeld by that but she gets out her cabal... her friends are waiting inside a dangerous place.

When Triessa got out of the car one of the younger men got up and went inside.

A soft knock interrupted Naomi before she could continue . "What is it?" called an annoyed Naomi toward the door. Kaitlin stood and moved aside as the door opened and Janisha stuck her head in. "Sorry Nay, I think another one of theres just showed and was dropped off." Cade looks at Kaitlin and nods.

Kaitlins reads his unspoken message. "I'll go with you and check it out"

Kaitlin and Janisha walk in silence to the entrance, but Kaitlin can feel the werewolves eyes roving all over her. She sees Triess standing in the parking lot a car with Anna and cheshire in it at the entrance. When Triessa sees Kaitlin she waves back at Anna and the car drives off.

They greet in a hug  and fill each other in with whats been going on in both places, as Janisha leads them back to the meeting.

"So you agree to ally with us with out even knowing what it is we want and what it is you will get in return. How very white of you." Naomi Woman who goes to war, crosses her arms and looks at the assembled mages.

"Your alliance is just with our cabal, which isn't the sum membership of our home.   Just as your pack isn't all that dwell within the area.  We agree that the terms you've set out are agreeable, and hope that in good faith, you will tell us what exactly you expect from us to uphold our end of this bargain.  We have, after all been honest with you on our needs."

"I for one would much prefer an alliance over bloodshed between us, as that only strengthens our enemies.  There are so many other things to concern ourselves with, I would hope that you and your pack, and what you are here to do are not among them.  Perhaps it is time for you to say formally what you expect from us, what aid we can render you in return for what's been offered to us."

Naomi smiles at Cade."Yes, this pack is not the only pack that resides in New Orleans. The Garou share responsibility for looking the other way, for allowing bad things to happen, so we have returned. It is a new age.

And yes the agreement is only with those in this room. How you deal with the rest of your people is your affair but if you have need of our aid I and my pack will help. But all of those Garou here will follow me I am the Elder here and as far as you are concerned all of the packs here and as far as Grandfather Thunder can see answer to me.

There are four soup kitchens that we have opened in the city. They supply meals for a great number of homeless and disadvantaged. We do not have the resources to supply them as they should be and we may have to close a couple which will put many people without a place to get a decent meal. I want your People to donate two thousand dollars a  month to each of these soup kitchens to keep them running and make them better. In return for this we will let you harvest the physical magic, I don't know what you call it, from the holy spots through out the city and the surrounding areas that we protect. If you agree the spirits will guide you to these places."

Cade nodded, managing to hide his surprise.  Money?  They want money?  God if It were always this easy.  "Very well.  That is a noble aim, it would be our pleasure to help you provide for those who need aid."   His own father had been a charitable man, he himself was evidence of this.   What was more, her revelation about her place in the local Garou hierarchy was telling.  This was not a garou to trifle with.   He'd put up the money himself, eight thousand a month, while steep for most, was nothing measured against what his father had left him. 

:

Genevieve stared at Cade as he suddenly decided to interject into the negotiations, several times, despite Genevieve having stepped up to speak for the cabal. Cade doing something like that in front of their alpha carries with it the implication that he believes Genevieve to be incompetent, and at the very least would cause the Naomi to lose respect for her. Why he would possibly do that utterly baffled her. 

< Are you fucking kidding me? He's going to undercut me in front of their Alpha? I was the one who stepped up to speak for us and since then the werewolves have calmed down, relaxed, offered us other nodes in compromise, offered to ally with us and Grandfather Thunder is cool with us now. And NOW is is going to fucking undercut me in front of their alpha, trying to make me look incompetent after all of that? Seriously? >

< I'm fucking done. I am not going to keep fighting with these guys just to fucking help them and save them from themselves only to get undercut and then disrespected and made to look like a bitch in front of their alpha after I do the fucking legwork and while we are still negotiating. I don't need this shit. I'm out. >

Genevieve took in a slow, deep breath and rose from the sofa, shaking her head, not really bothering to veil her disappointment, irritation and general disgust from Cade.

"You know Naomi, we came to you offering respect and friendship. We agreed to ally with you as you asked to 'join in the protection of those who have been hurt by our war and the wyrm.' That was good enough for us, so we agreed, showing our trust in you. We didn't need anymore clarification than what was given in order for us to offer that trust, and in return you come back with a petty, racist snipe? 'How white of you' Seriously?" Genevieve said, almost in disbelief..

"That's disappointing." she stated, shaking her head.

"And unfortunately, that's not the only thing to disappoint me today." she added, looking Cade in the eye as she walked past him.

"I am fucking done with this." she sighed with disgust as she walked over to her brother and took a seat beside him, leaning against him.

Naomi's eyes flashed yellow and she tensed but but relaxed. then she stood. "You did not come to us, little girl, to offer respect or friendship, you came as your kind always does, to take that which does not belong to you. Grandfather Thunder saw something in you. I must go ask if he still sees this." she turns and walks to the door, pausing to let Kaitlin and Triessa move aside.

"If you are here when I return we can... resume negotiations. If not, do not come upon our territory again. it will be plainly  marked." she points at Kaitlin, "This one knows the signs to look for."

Then she leaves the room closing the door behind her.

“Tri, what on earth possessed you girls to go off on your own like that. How many time have I told you that there are dangerous things...”

Triessa gave Anna a smile and a squeeze on the shoulder, "We did it because Cheshire saw that those girls were going to die, and no one else was going to stop it. It's not the same as them dying of natural causes. They were being hunted by something they couldn't possibly have protected themselves from. Their lives were worth the risk."

She sighs. "But...afterwards, I did feel bad for leaving the others. I don't...it's hard to juggle what I feel like I need to do with what other people need from me. I'm not really used to this yet, you know?"

"I'll try to do better."

She gets out of the car, and bears witness to the somewhat stormy conclusion of negotiations.

With a questioning tilt to her eyebrows, Triessa looks at the other mages and says, "Well, looks like that went okay...?"

Archived