MAGE20 - Paint It Black

MAGE20 ST

Triessa nods at Genevieve, "That's a good idea. It's cool though, I can do it. Here..."

She closes her eyes and produces a little crystalline orb about the size of a baseball from her handbag. It was probably just clear quartz...the kind of thing that might cost ten bucks in a new age bookstore or something...but her spell took hold, propelling images from her memory into the sphere. It showed in as much detail as she could recall her encounter at the hotel. The two girls he'd been targeting. The red door with their room number. Then...the other red door.

It appeared in the lobby, with no one seeming to notice at all. Out stepped a man, his face clearly shown in the depths of the crystal ball.

Cheshire urging Triessa to leave. Her moving outside, then pausing on seeing the red door in the street. It opening, showing its dread cargo...and that hazy moment when it seemed to be pulling Triessa towards it...

The vision ended as the other mages appeared.

"Be careful," Triessa advised. "This guy's serious business."

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zay stops Kaitlin as she is pulling up the speed dial.

"There is no need to call your friend Kaitlin. And no need for a mind link or to attempt to locate the subject by any other means. Samurai Jack, along with Cheshire and the rest of his cabal are following her link to the mage in question.

As soon as Ajah returned here with Cross this afternoon we ascertained what it was that he had found on your  flash drive and for whatever reason did not find it important enough to tell you about it as soon as he had. That is one of the reasons he is no longer here.

This was to show you that things do not just happen, That destiny will find you and that you each have the capacity to do whatever it is you need to do, that there are many ways to accomplish what you want and that you must all  work together. Each of you adds to the whole.

Since You have established a Rapport with the Shape Changers. I would like you to continue to pursue this, they can be a useful source of information but be aware that they will have their own agenda.

A section of the house has been set aside for your cabal's use

If you have no further  questions Dinah will show you where."

She gestures to a thin old black woman, one of the house sleeper staff, standing silently by the door.

Cade scowled, a dark look marring the normally genial man's features.   She did this simply to make a point.  Not the best way to win over a cabal.   He allowed the magic to vanish, for reality to reassert itself and placed the drive in his pocket.  "I think that would be best."  His thoughts were dark and clearly he was angry again, but he held his peace, simply because letting it out wouldn't benefit anyone.  "Let's to see the place set aside for us, and then we can see about personalizing it before we continue on with our original tasks, unless any of you have something else planned?"  Though angry, he kept his tone civil, clearly not wishing to be around the archdeacon any longer.

Kaitlin gave Zay a doubtful look, but didn't vocally refute her assertions about Destiny. People were what they made themselves to be, and while factors in their lives and histories could help and hinder their goals, Kaitlin didn't believe in an mystical force propelling certain people in certain directions. Then again, the heart of Magick as she knew it was Belief, so who knew?

"Since this crazy woman killing wizard is already being taken care of, I guess I don't have any more questions at the moment," Kaitlin said, vaguely disgruntled. She stood up and stretched, ready to see the suite set aside for them. She gave Cade and the twins a wry grin. "I have no real plans at the moment, besides a date on Friday, and maybe getting a beer with Terrence, in the name of strengthening the rapport with the Werewolves. So I suppose continuing with the Nodes in on the docket for the next couple of days."

• 2 weeks later...

"Alright then." The tall Black woman clasped her hands in front of her and smiles at the cabal. "I will bid all of you a good night and tomorrow will be new beginning." She bows her head slightly to everyone and departs the room.

The servant, Dinah a middle aged African American woman slightly heavy set steps up. "If'in Y'all are ready I can show you to your section."

Some of the gathered mages took a few sips of drinks but then followed the woman out. They crossed through the house and out through the courtyard garden past the fountains. She led them to a ste of double doors and threw them open revealing an empty space.

The room was a two story hall with large floor to ceiling windows on the south side. The floor was bare wood the walls opposite the windows was paneled in oak. The center of that wall was dominated by a huge Fireplace with a fancy old fashioned brick mantel. At the far end of the room were two wooden door each opened into a empty 25 x 25 room suitable for offices.

The remainder of the room was bare and empty.

"I'll have Levi come by after breakfast and y'all can tell him what ya want done with the room and what type a decor y'all want."

"Y'all need anything else?"

Cade looked around and smiled.  "No, thank you.  We'll discuss what we want to do and let Levi know."   When Dinah took her leave, Cade turned to the others.  "Well there's plenty of room, really it comes down to what we want to do here, How do we want to make this ours."  

"As for me I already have a room and office, not to mention my own residence, So I've got no needs like that.  Does anyone have anything they actually need or prefer?"

Kaitlin slipped off her shoes and socks, to get a feel of the place, of the hardwood floor with her bare feet, to see if there was any give with the under-padding. It was well done and she liked the oak paneling, the grain lining up giving the chambers a sense of flow. Kaitlin had been expecting heavy, dark stone for the floors and walls, something that would have been imposing, suffocating and was pleased to be surprised.

"My office, such as it is, is my bed with my laptop on my lap," the tall, athletic woman commented as she paced off the size of the rooms with precise steps. "We could make of the rooms a communal Cabal library, maybe, so we could pool resources without running around to each person's private homes, if they have one. Mine's a tiny one by the lake, anyway. I don't have many books at the moment, but I plan on building up my research mats."

She glanced up for a moment, smirking wryly. "High ceilings here - with build in shelves, we'd still have lot of space in the middle for a research station or two, a PC, or some Force-manifested equivalent if one of us can manage a long lasting version, just to keep Zay happy. Maybe set up an area for enacting rituals, depending on our individual methods."

Kaitlin glided into the main room once more. "As for decor, I don't know all the fancy names and whatnot, but I don't care for all the steel-and-glass or mass-produced particle board crap. I like solid, hand-carved wood furniture myself - don't care if it's scratched or marked up some, that just gives it character. I'm not as good as my dad is, but with some time, and a bit of 'cheating'," Kaitlin grinned, "I can manage some simple pieces."

She nodded towards the other room. "Not sure if any of you guys have an idea for the other room. Only suggestion I have is a personal gym - sound body and sound mind and all that - but I prefer doing most of my exercise and martial forms outside personally, anyway. Maybe some place to create or store extra instruments or components any of need for our respective Magickal Paradigms?"

Archived