Mission 1 - Mud on the Boots

Sailor OOC

Solomons, Malaulalo Island
0730 Hours local time
Weather: Rainy

The LCAC was for it's amenities a home away from home. When the 99 couldn't pull up to the island due to underwater terrain, the LCAC proved itself as a amphibious vehicle. The mission was simple. Head to Malaulalo, investigate strange sightings of a creature that has scared off tourists visiting the island, and return home knowing you've taken care of a growing urban legend.

Of course The start to all this is the fact it is raining cats and dogs. It has been for the past week. At least tourists have vanished to the more populated islands in the Solomons chain, but why would JTF-0 had been summoned to investigate a simple urban legend?

The LCAC was all set up for all sorts of mission parameters, kit for SCUBA gear, kit for exploring a jungle, tents, rafts, rain gear, whatever could be wanted.

What was up to the group is how they wanted to go about things.

Commander Petrona, the CO of the team was even scratching her head, looking at the beautiful jungle... or what would be beautiful considering the fact if it was sunny it would be a nice chunk of Eden.

"Well this is a mess. Luckily I can keep the engine running and not raise a ruckus with the sound baffling. Fuel's no issue. But this..." She complained, looking quite uncomfortable under her jungle-pattern camo poncho, as she looked over the group who seemed to have made better choices in waterproofs. Particularly Sakura.

"Ain't you uncomfortable in that poopie suit, Sailor?"

Sakura brushed off some rain water from her dry-suit like flight suit. "Commander... I'm dry. That and it's sort of what I need for my talents."

"Not like you'll be doin' any flyin'"

"Keep reminding me of that, Ma'am... Then again I wouldn't fly a Harrier or any other Jet in these conditions..."

Commander Petrona turned to the others. "So... suggestions on what to look at first?"

Okay, Welcome to Mission 1. Here's the situation currently. You're on a large beach, currently stationed in the LCAC. It has more than suitable defenses here, but to investigate the rumors of a "creature", you're probably gonna have to head into the Jungle and say Hi.

The rain is keeping the bugs down, but things are getting muddy. Also it's a heavy rain, so hearing is effected, as well as visibility. It's also cooler than you'd expect for the locale, due to it being in a tropical locale. There's a large lagoon some distance to the Southwest, a smaller one to the south east. They're actually deep and open to the ocean so they're salt-water. The SE lagoon has a few abandoned wooden and inflatable dinghys on shore from various cruise ships *(saw that on the most recent intel), but no other obvious signs of something at least from the landing location.

A note is that there currently have been no fatalities, but one person seemed to have contracted a sleeping sickness that knocked them out for two days. Someone investigating the strange mucus-like discharge that hit them also ended up out of commission for a day...

Other than quick glimpses, there is no real description of the beast other than a sense of extreme terror, and a beast at least 3-4 times the size of a Crocodile or Alligator. In terms of height at the very least. Wither this is just people over-reacting or a actual height is up to debate...

Post what your character is doing, and input ideas on how to proceed.

For Ryusei, this was almost a waste of time.  He initially wanted to simply call Hokuto and have her take him up into the sky, but with the rain as it was, it'd be impossible to see anything from her back.    He looked to the rest of the team.  "Let's split up, we can cover more ground that way.  Caitlin, come with me, Sia,you too, we'll go inspect the larger lagoon to the southwest.   Clara, Sakura, You two are going to the one in the southeast.  Take only what you need, and travel light.  Remember, Red Flare for dangerous encounter, green for all clear."

He had a machete on his right hip and a service pistol on his left, with one of the sawed off Browning semi auto shotguns across his back.  "stay along the edge of the forest if you can, if you get too deep you'll get lost, and that's a real pain in a storm like this."

He looked at his two "teammates" and nodded.  "You two got everything you need?"  He noted it was a first, in that they'd not brought any support staff, it was just the scions on this trip, and he knew Caitlin was used to operating as part of a much larger team.

Sia nodded to the Major. Not particularly liking his orders, or wanting to follow them. But once again, that wasn't her job. So she nodded to the tattooed American, and glared at the Japanese Major before strapping her knife to her vest and collecting her gear, her Punisher, her MP7, and her USP, making sure all were secure before she stretched and fixed her Boonie hat. Glancing left then right before following the Major.

"I'll bring up the rear. Best if you two get shot first"

Archived