Morning Training

The Morning sun was creeping over the horizon in the south pacific as Ryusei Hideyoshi  stood  on the deck of CV-99, the ship that he'd been stationed on since his Father and supervisor sent him Stateside.   Clad in a simple t-shirt and shorts, he was about ready to enter the second phase of his daily routine.  It was of course comical, at least to him.  The first thing that happened after getting stateside was being told he'd be stationed on a ship in the pacific.   He shrugged, not really having the authority to refuse this, and the next morning found him aboard the ship.   He'd already done part of his morning training, running a dozen laps of the deck.  So far he was alone.  He'd already checked with the duty officer, making sure they had no flights scheduled, and smiled.  The Captain had been somewhat skeptical of his wish to train on the deck, the dangers of the wind blowing him off or motion of the sea sending him off meant little to him.  He assured her he would be perfectly fine, and that he'd carry a radio in case he had to clear the deck in a hurry.

He placed his hand over the necklace that he guarded, smiling. Hokuto loved to be called into the physical world, and seemed to very much enjoy their training.  She had become every bit the companion that most people claimed Dogs were, aside the fact she was a 30m long dragon.   Still he felt totally at peace with her, and knew very well that she was safe.  He prepared to summon her into the cloudless sky when something tugged at him, someone was coming.

As Cat led her Fianna, those Rangers who had sworn allegiance to her under the blessing of her mother, around the aft she saw the slim Asian man looking out over the deck. She had been briefed about the scion but hadn't met him yet. She signaled a Halt.

"What's up  Sargent? We still have 4 laps to go." That was McCafferty looking at his bosses ass while everyone else was looking at the Asian Scion ahead.

" Yeah your not running laps McCafferty your chasing my ass." The young man grinned, he was a fine soldier, all of her Fianna were, But he was the youngest and least experienced and the most juvenile. "Casey, you guys turn around finish up running short laps on the other side. I'm gonna go check out our newbie."

She started toward the man ahead at a brisk walk. She measured him up as she came forward. Slim but well toned like a runner or a swimmer, Tall, long hair, very fine attractive features almost androgynous. She found him to be very beautiful for a man. In contrast he saw a woman of average height with reddish brown hair tied in a pony tail and dressed in running shorts and a half T-shirt with US ARMY on the front stretched by her large breasts and incredibly muscular shoulders and RANGER on the back.  He saw thick powerful arm and legs of a weight trainer. she was deeply tanned and her features were hard to identify as any particular ethnicity. It look as though all of her exposed skin, of which there was a lot, were covered in tattoos. Still she radiated an exotic and carnal beauty which accentuated her primal look.

He turned to face her as she approached and stopped about a yard away, he noted the soldiers who had turned around but were still watching over their shoulders.

"Good morning, sir. I'm Caitlin Morgan. You must be Major Hideyoshi. Welcome aboard." She exteneded her hand

Her voice was surprisingly a surprisingly sexy contralto but the accent was heavy and southern although he was not sure what region.

He halted his summoning, and turned to address the woman who had approached.  She was a scion, this much was obvious, and he shook her hand firmly.  "Thank you for your warm welcome, Miss Morgan.  This is a Fine ship.  I was just about to start the next part of my morning training.  I see you and your unit got tired of being cooped up too."  It was known that the scion from japan hated being confined, so he came above deck often. 

His own voice was fairly deep, moreso than most would expect given how he looked, and he gave her charming smile.  "I trust you and your team are adjusting well to living on the ship?"

She can't help but notice how well he speaks English. "It's just another post to us. We've been on carriers before, not like this one of course, and not for extended time. But yeah we're adjusting." She looks out to where she thought he had been looking and saw nothing.

"I saw you looking out there, did you see something?"

"No, I just like the view.  Between that and making sure it's clear.  I know what the radar officer says, but at the same time, I don't want anyone shooting Hokuto when I call her."  He looked at her.  "She's something most people would be very alarmed to see come from nowhere, and I really don't want her having a bad experience with the people I have to work with while I'm here."

His silver-grey eyes seemed to almost flash, and he smiled.  "Would you like me to introduce you to her?"   It seemed like he was talking about a person, more than an animal.  Of course he knew she too could "Summon" creatures, Ravens of her mother, the Morrigan.   As an officer, he'd been given packets on the other Scions aboard the ship, and he'd spent his time reading them all, to get a feel for their stories.  So far it was an impressive bunch, but aside the Captain, Caitlin was the first he'd spoken with face to face.

There was the plink, just audible over the ocean waves of what sounded like junk entering a bin. A lone girl, asian descent, with shoulder-length black hair, wearing a red vest and helmet like a deck crew member... although with how the carrier barely has enough aircraft to fill a small hobby airstrip in the backwoods, seeing someone actually wearing that was a surprise. Then again what was off was the just barely past the knee blue cargo shorts and the white with blue cuff short-sleeved blouse she was wearing showed whoever this is was either a civilian, or a member of the team off duty doing an odd job.

She looked over to the two and waved. "Oh hey! Sorry I didn't greet you two when you came on deck!"

She sounded happy to have company. "I'm just on deck cleaning duty. Gotta keep things organized in case someone needs to land or take off... which is next to never. That and get the random parts our vehicle pool does leave on deck back to the hangars below deck to see what's lost what. That was the last thing I've spotted." She said, taking the unmarked red helmet off.

"Always wondered what it'd be like to be a Red Shirt... not THOSE red shirts."

She was trying to make some humor. But then she finally got a good look at the two and immediately stood at attention. "Major... Lieutenant Sakura Hino, US Navy."

Sakura was still adapting to the looser protocol of the ship, as Ryusei was considered to be outranking the Scion of a young goddess. "I... hope I wasn't interrupting anything, Sir... Ma'am..."

Spoiler

The red vest and helmet in question is what would be associated with someone who is part of the deck crew, a prime example here. Except without the turtleneck and pants.

6422674-3x2-940x627.jpg.e227e985a7f25cfd

He nodded.  "Before you call them, let me talk to Hokuto first, to make sure she knows they aren't food."  It was a thing with her, she liked chasing birds.  Sometimes, she'd eat them, other times not, but these were definitely not the eating kind.  He nodded to the young Ensign, another scion aboard the ship.  "No worries Ensign, it's not like any of us here are shy."

He smiled.  "Come Forth, Hokuto!"  He called out as the Magatama on his necklace began to glow, and seemingly from out of nowhere a large dragon appeared, all thirty meters of her. She undulated through the sky over the deck and roared, but it wasn't particularly intimidating, instead it sounded very happy.  After a few moments, She came down, hovering in the air as her body moved, her massive head only inches from Ryusei, as he reached out and scratched beneath her jaw.  "Caitlyn, Sakura, Meet Hokuto, the Sacred Sky Dragon of the Furoda Shrine"  He gestured to the two female scions, and nodded.  "Hokuto, this is Caitlyn, and Sakura.  They are friends."  The Big dragon's eyes narrowed and they could feel her sniff them and she let out a little chortling chirp sound and seemed to nod. 

Ryusei didn't take her hand away.  "Caitlyn's gonna call some of her avian friends, Do Not Chase or Eat them."   The large cream and white colored dragon let loose a grunt that was the equivalent of a frown, but seemed to understand.  He looked back to the ladies and smiled. 

The size and beauty of the dragon startled Cat, not being familiar with Asian culture she hadn't realized how serpent like and colorful she would be. She had expected her to look like the dragons from the old TV show Game of Thrones. "She's beautiful. If she needs some exercise I can have my crows play with her they are pretty fast and much smarter than normal birds. Much smarter." She reaches down to her waist and pulls a pin the other two hadn't noticed. With a lick of her wrist she sent it flying over the side of the ship.

As the bird shaped pin spun away it suddenly bust into dozens of large black birds. The crows began cawing and circling above the three people and the dragon, one big crow flew down and landed on Cat's outstretched arm. It cawed loudly tilting its head one eye still on the dragon. "She is Hokuto, an ally." Cat spoke to the bird which cocked it's head to the other side. "We should see if they can communicate." She moved her arm and the bird took off. "Try to speak with the dragon but don't get too close."

Sakura smiled. "At least it's not a talking drone jet. This looks... more natural." Sakura said, bowing to the dragon. Then she spoke in Japanese. <"Hello, Hokuto, I am Sakura, Daughter of Columbia, I will be accompanying Ryusei on his missions. I'm honored to be in your presence.">

Then Sakura hears about other animal companions coming out and sighs. "Seems Mom didn't want me having any pets." She said with a sigh. "Not bad though the options everyone has. All I am is a dead-eye shot and one hell of a pilot... outside of that I'm pretty typical... for a Scion at least. I guess everyone thought that'd be just about enough."

A wolf whistle was heard as a new pair of boots thunked across the deck, and those who would turn around would see. A tall, amazonian woman with Silver hair, dressed in a tank top and cargo shorts, Oakley sunglasses covering her eyes, and her arms and shoulders were an eclectic mix of tattoos, some in Norse, some in english. And some oddly in Kanji. Though the two that stood out the most were the Eagle Globe and Anchor of the USMC on the metal prosthetic arm that jutted out of her socket, it was black in color, and looked like something out of an 80's sci fi movie. At her feet walked a massive wolf, it's fur a silver and black, and it's eyes, well. One was red, and one was gold. It walked in front of its master, the fur on it's back rising slightly. Before she whistled and it trotted to her side, sitting and looking more placated

"As I live and breathe, a bonafide dragon. Just like something out of Japanese myth... Of course, we're all something out of myth aren't we.  Chief Special Warfare Operator, Clara Sigismund. At your service" 

Sakura was suprised by the sudden appearance of Clara. She nodded with a smile as she looked over the wolf.

"Okay, birds, wolves, and dragons. Why can't I get a normal pet like everyone else." She sighed, her tone was intended to be humorous, and her comment was more a joke than anything.

"Anyways... now it's four of us." Sakura says with a stretch. "No insult to your companions, of course.

Hokuto cocked her head at the sudden appearance of all the crows,  and let out another series of chirps.  It did get the bird's attention, but understanding wasn't apparent.  He looked over at Caitlyn.  "I don't know if they understand each other, I know she understands me.  I'd consider taking you up on that if not for knowing that birds are her second favorite, after fish."  Ryusei offered Clara the same smile.  "It is nice to meet you, Clara."  he couldn't help but notice the bionic arm, it was obviously not standard issue.  While he could not read the runes, he could read the Kanji.  "So does your friend have a name as well?"

Waiting for her to reply he looked over at Sakura.  "It is quite a menagerie, both of pets, and of Scions.  I wouldn't be too saddened, I'm sure your parent arranged for you to have what you need most to journey at your side."

Sakura smirked. "It's all gadgets and training, Sir." Sakura said. Resting her free hand on her hip. "You'd think they'd put that large stealth-drone in the hangar under my care, but Vigilance has this "I work Alone" vigilante complex. Sort of endearing, but not really something to easily warm up to. So, I get my choice of whatever is in the hangar. Luckily there's a Super Hornet as that's what I'm most certified in. I don't mind using the Harriers though, Nice that we're getting some use out of them."

It was noticeable Sakura's protocol slipped... She could be easily opened up after all... at least by her teammates. She then decided to let the others talk for a little as she sat down, looking at the wolf. She started to wonder what it's preference in diet was...

"Well" Clara began as she looked at the dragon, cocking her head to the side as her wolf did the same. "This is Jager, I'm not very creative. So I figured I'd call my wolf hunter as that's what she does" Jager of course continued to look stoic. And wolf like as her human compatriot talked. "Oh, so you're one of those fly anything fighter jocks? I'm only rated on MH-53s. However, I prefer to be on the ground, get some more use out of this" She said as she flexed her metallic arm. Showing off it's rather human like traits. And the engraved "tattoos" once again in Norse. However, those who could read kanji would note the. "Stone on her left shoulder, the "Cherry" written across her chest, and the "Firewind" written on her right hand. 

Cat listened to the interchange then held her hand up and gave a shrill whistled. The crows flew around and then in a tight formation spiraled down as a funnel to her hand at full speed. as each bird struck her hand it collapsed into  the pin which appeared when the first struck.

:It would have been convenient if the could have talked but i guess we can't have everything." She gives everyone a nod ."It was nice meeting you all and i look forward to working with you, but I need to get back to my men and finish my laps."

With a last smile tossed to the major , cat turned and took off running to join her team.

Seeing Caitlyn leave his smile faded slightly.   "Guess she needed to get back to running her cohort."  He looked to Hokuto who grunted, and lowered her head, nudging him more forcefully than before. "Someone's ready for her morning Training.  Clara, Sakura, it was a pleasure to meet the both of you, I look forward to working with you in the future."  He climbed up behind her head, and she rose up much like a cobra, before diving down and taking off, soon rising into the sky at a speed most would find amazing.  Slower than a plane, it was certainly more stylish.

Sakura sees one run off, and the other fly off.

In a way she wasn't too surprised, she had walked into their conversation.

"So, Clara... wanna head to mess?" She said, nodding towards the bulkhead of the bridge. "Since there's no official mess time for JTF-0, we can order up whatever we like, and I'm off duty until 1330. Could use some breakfast." She said with a smile. "Or are you getting a run in too? If you're not interested I might actually burn some time in one of the Harriers or something then eat later before my shift starts."

Clara shook her head at the Pilot's offer. "Yeah, I'm going to be needing a run. Don't get these legs by doing nothing you know?" She of course gestured down to her legs before kneeling down to tighten the laces on her boot before she clicked her tongue a couple of times to get Jager to stand up. "I mean, if you want to go show off fly girl, go on ahead. I'm sure cross training's hard." 

And with that, she took off running after the group on the deck, doing her best to fall in with them as they did their laps. 

"And here I am... alone again."

Sakura sighed as a crewman rushed up to her. "Sakura, Ma'am... the Commander wants to see you. She has a mission."

"Well... let me get suited up."

Sakura always worked out, but usually keeping to the gym below deck... sometimes she feels just slightly left out. But this... this makes it worth it.

She heads back into the ship... breakfast'll have to wait...

Archived