Star Wars: d6 or d20?

Noir

Is there a preference for d6 or d20 Star Wars here?

I was putting together stuff for a Star Wars game (before my compy started getting wonky), but it would use WEG d6 system (super easy system and I can help people with a copy of the revised rulebook too) set either right before A New Hope, sometime during the Ep 4-6 era, or shortly after Return of the Jedi.

The thing is though, would anybody be down for it or is everybody all for d20 Star Wars?

the generic d6 system is available for free on drivethru rpg all you need to download is D6 Space and you have the meat of the original star wars rpg minus the setting and fluff.

I have never played it. so i can't really make anything but an opinion, but i am not impressed with it.

I am personally a fan of the current Fantasy Flight version of Star Wars. I find that aside from the dice issue (for online play) it reflects the Movies better than the D20 version Which I have played and did not care for.

However if i would not be adverse in playing whatever system would be used as generally system should take a minor role imo.

I told Noir I preferred d20 in chat, but I'll restate that here. Honestly, I think I'd rather do SW in M&M. I know it doesn't have the "flavor" of the Force built in but that should be part of the setting and immersion of the game, not inherent to the system.

I would not be adverse to using some other system but I really dislike d20 SW and I have only ever made one character in M&M and never even made a dice roll, much less combat, so I just do not know the system well at all. Hell, in my old group we even adapted SW to use the basic L5R system, so I have used other systems before.

Yeah, I have the LoGs PDFs. The GM section has plenty of examples to help show you the game flow. Probably, you can reskin/add new attributes to the main list, and making SW tech isn't hard with the equipment system. I say it could definitely work.

So who is seriously interested in a D6 (or possibly diceless) Star Wars game, and what period would you prefer to start in? A few years before Ep 4, sometime during Ep 4-6 or some other era?

Force sensitives (be it jedi very early in their training or partially/poorly trained or other force adepts/schools) would certainly be permitted as well. 2-6 players ideally, but if onyl one person wants to, I can do some solo fun too.

I am asking to know if I should actually write up a proposal or if it is just moot.

Archived