Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Justin OOC

The Genesic Age: Chapter 1- Hunting the Dark

Recommended Posts

Locke listened intently to Abigail's speech glad to have her along, she reminded him of so many NCO's he'd known, inspiring in their way.   When she finished, and Temple said her piece, Locke nodded.   "Sounds good to me.  General, I want to visit the other sites myself, If you would take Temple and I there, then we can assure your safety while out, and do some preliminary work there too." 

"Abigail, I'm going to leave you in charge here, do what you think is best for this investigation, once we make a circuit of the other sites, and the perimeter outposts, we'll return and compare findings."

He looked to Temple  "We'll recon the other outposts, and let you get a reading on them.  Given what I know of your power profile you should have no issues transporting me at the end.  We'll go by mundane means the rest of the time, if The General would loan us a Humvee, or even civilian jeep." 

The general Nodded.  "Take mine, once we get back to base.  I'll radio ahead and provide the maps to the gps."

Locke looked to the others.  "Normally I'd bark more orders but you're all adults, and know your power and skillsets best.  You've seen the basis of what we're dealing with, and I trust you to act accordingly, and mind your own safety.  Remember, no one goes anywhere alone, always at least in pairs."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sonja was well aware of her presence and profile as a celebrity and the tendency of others to seek her opinion on any matter, regardless if she had any actual applicable knowledge in it. So she stayed mostly silent and lets those with more experience talk and ask questions. This wasn't her first assignment with the CRRD, but the towering, world-renowned woman was under no delusions about why she was here: Public Relations, Publicity - for both her and the CRRD - and Muscle.

She hadn't ever met anyone stronger than she was yet. She'd been thankful for Abigail's help in kitting her out, though she'd supplied her own weapons. She had a H&K HK21E GPMG fitted with a drum magazine over her shoulder, the grip modified for her size, and the rate of fire greatly reduced for her more limited skill so she didn't spray bullets everywhere. There was a sword at her hip, the size of a Highland Claymore on anyone else, but looked more like a Viking Sword in design, obviously meant to be wielded in one hand, the metal holding the distinctive organic appearance of pattern-welding. It looked more like a prop sword, though Sonja assured everyone it was not - with a tungsten-carbide edge and titanium alloy core, it was more than serviceable and wouldn't warp or deform with her full strength applied to it. And lastly, she had a bag with several baseball-sized ball bearings made of lead, her heavy weapons, she claimed.

Sonja listened while Abigail revealed some of her background during the flight, nodding attentively and asking some pertinent questions about the way she did things. She couldn't help but mention with a bit of punching up, Abigail's background would probably make a better movie than G.I Jane, which admittedly, wouldn't be very hard.

When on the ground, all Sonja asked the General was for the talking points when speaking with the Media, what he was willing to let them know and what had to stay classified or unmentioned, a public dance she was well acquainted with. The others knew what questions to ask better than she did - she was just here to look good, draw attention, and supply the heavy muscle where and when needed. She still wasn't sure how her agent had talked her into getting involved in this.

The General's claim there was plenty of space made her snort. Rarely did that apply to someone almost eight feet tall and not a toothpick with it. While being transported to the latest site of the attacks, she had to sit on the bed of the truck, instead of the seats, having a surprisingly in-depth conversation of the Heavy Metal genre with the soldiers riding with her. And yes, signing a few autographs and letting take a few selfies with her.

At the site of the attack, Sonja whistled. She'd seen the aftermath of a dinosaur rampage - this looked similar, but different. Less... trampled, and not over as big an area, but the damage was more deliberate, focused. She nodded at the mangled Jeeps.

"Some strong ones here, not just heavy. Those don't look rolled, but rather... torn," Sonja said. "I could do it, but for a dino... maybe in its mouth. A T-Rex?"

Abigail's speech was pretty decent, Sonja privately critiqued, especially for an extemporaneous one. She'd known plenty of actors who would need to have it written and then spend several hours to rehearse to deliver one was good. As for witnessing the sites, well, she'd lived through worse on the set of Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, and some directors went through long lengths to get their stars into the right frame of mind for certain scenes or movies - she could handle it.

"Just tell me where you want me, Abigail," Sonja said with a hint of self-deprecation. Before being super-sized, she'd usually been telling people what to do and where. "I don't want to tromp on anything you guys need to look at and there's no Media to intercept at the moment."

She was in no way a hunter and had not trouble admitting that. The first dinosaur she had killed had nearly made her vomit, but she could handle it now. It hadn't been so much actually killing it had bothered her, but the way its viscera had slithered out like they were alive themselves, that and the smell. She hadn't been prepared for the smell.

Temple's reveal though made Sonja frown in concern. She'd grown up in LA, a block over from the Playboy Mansion. Men had been looking at her since she was twelve, and she was a fashion model gracing covers by the time she was fifteen. After nearly twenty years, she was a world famous celebrity - more people recognized her face than the President's. Finding someone who didn't know who she was would take more effort than it was worth.

All that is to say, Sonja Bahaar has had precious little privacy in her life and now this girl wanted to invade one of her few sanctums, steal through the few secrets she actually had? Yes, she didn't want to make her job more difficult, or put the rest of the team into greater danger, but it was still asking a lot, even of someone who seemed to have practically all she could ever want.

Sonja took a deep breath, then gave Temple a tight nod, leveling a very firm look down at her. "I'm not at all comfortable with this, Temple, but if you need access to do your job, I'll reluctantly allow it. But I am very much keeping you to your word and trust me, you better not go around prying in there or make any of it public. I assure you, I can afford very good lawyers who can make your life very difficult, teleporting mind reader or not."

As Temple left with Locke to look at the other sites and do her scanning thing or whatever, Sonja shivered. Being in someone's brain when they died, no wonder the girl seemed to have issues. Though Sonja couldn't help but be a little envious. While she was freakish strong and extremely tough, and had a magical, infinite wardrobe on command, she couldn't do anything fantastic, like teleport or turn invisible or fly. Even the extensive access to clothing she had already practically had, with many top designers on speed dial and knowing them on a first name basis.

Sonja tried to stay out of the way, using her strength to move rubble out of the way of those knowing what they were looking for. She sighed - here she was, one of the most powerful people in the entire entertainment industry, and she was essentially doing the work of a set dresser.

It was a strange world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fiona didn't need to tell Abagail she approved of her speech, only to do her job.

"I'll check the tower... to be honest it's a more defensible position than a tree, and easier to come down from. I'd rather not have to jump into an area and not see where I'm landing if it's a forest. We should use this spot as a base camp, perhaps after I and CJ secure the tower, I can start moving stuff to provide cover. Although I'll need your help on setting up the most advantageous blinds, Abigail, as You're a military type... even basic tactics will do against an animal."

She started heading to the damaged camp's building. "Good call though on making Doc our highest priority. In face we should have one word call-signs to quickly alert someone to any impending danger. Yeah... codenames... lovely iddn't it and we don't get spandex." She said, sticking out her tongue. "And thanks for setting up your psychic friends network. If there is an emergency can you TP someone to your location?"

She looks over to CJ. "As for us... one question for ya, you think it's a good idea to have us both in one spot, or have it set up where we are providing cross-fire? I used to have a partner who liked that strategy as we could watch each-other's back. Dunno where she is now, she got a bit... miffed when we broke up."

She opens the case she had slung over her shoulder and starts assembling what looked like the mother of all anti-tank rifles. It's metal was black and dulled, to reduce it's reflectivity, surprisingly it only had a basic scope and other kit. She loads a magazine into it, and takes some more rifle ammo from her backpack and loads it into her vest as well as some pistol ammo for her sidearm. "I'm willing to mod to your plans though, Abigail."

 

Edited by Fiona Warner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Fiona if I can find you i can come and grab you but usually my priority is getting everyone to a safe spot, and im limited on weight. I can generally take a person and some gear but ususally  I make you drop your gear." She looks a CJ and Sonja. "CJ your gonna be borderline, Sonja Your too Heavy, sorry."

As she is getting into the Humvee with Dr. Locke and General Stane she qucikly and quietly Scans her team mates to make sure she can locate them if she needs to. then She sends a thought to Sarge.

<Sarge, I am establishing a telepathic link with you and i will try to keep it connected, don't worry im not probing just want to make sure we have a communication link I cant even hear what  you talking about. If you need me just think about me>

And leaves with one more word to Sonja. "Ms. Bahaar I will do everything I can to get you out, but like I said If i can't I won't leave you alone I promise."

Then she settles in as the vehicle pulls out.

Scan Rolls -
Nina *rolls* 6d10t7: 8,1,1,2,9,9.  Successes = 3. Add three i forgot it in the dice roll for 6
[Nina] 2:41 pm: CJ
Nina *rolls* 6d10t7+3: 6,1,2,2,3,9.  Successes = 1. Plus 3 auto successes.  Total = 4.
[Nina] 2:41 pm: fiona
Nina *rolls* 6d10t7+3: 3,8,8,5,1,10.  Successes = 3. Plus 3 auto successes.  Total = 6.
[Nina] 2:42 pm: Sonja
Nina *rolls* 6d10t7+3: 10,1,7,5,8,7.  Successes = 4. Plus 3 auto successes.  Total = 7.
[Nina] 2:43 pm: Keria
Nina *rolls* 6d10t7+3: 8,10,2,9,10,3.  Successes = 4. Plus 3 auto successes.  Total = 7.
[Nina] 2:43 pm: Sarge
[Nina] 2:44 pm: if you would be so kind as to witness for me
[Lobby]: Rebecca OOC has entered at 2:51 pm
[Nina] 2:52 pm: wb reb
  [Noir] 2:58 pm: Nina - Yep. I see the roll, btw
[Noir] 2:58 pm: *rolls

Edited by Temple Faire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<Acknowledged.>

"The fact the fence has not been trampled down or torn open suggests that whatever came in her could leap the fence or was flying, unless we find evidence of burrowing, which is unlikely."

Abigail looks back to Fiona and CJ and shakes her head.

"No crossfires. You two stay together when you get up there and do not forget to keep an eye on the sky. And 'together' means maintaining LoS and If you are father apart than two normal people could talk without raising voices, then you are too far apart. That goes for everybody. Stick together in at least pairs." she clarifies.

"First we clear the building. Once it is clear, we can look around at our leisure. I'll take point. Keira, you're with me. The rest of you, stay close and by our entrance," she points to one of the man-sized holes, "and keep an eye out. This'll just take a sec." she says as she moves to Keira.

"Just rest your hand on my shoulder and draw your sidearm. Keep your hand on my shoulder at all times." she instructs and waits.

As Keira rests places a hand on her shoulder Abigail concentrates. For a split second their forms looks like a blizzard is blowing across them, but the snowflakes are transparent and any part of their body they pass over are invisible behind them until a split second later they are both gone without so much as a sound or even scent.

A couple of minutes later they come walking out of the building and Abigail nods.

"All clear. Now let's have a closer look. Any of you with extra or heightened senses, put them to use if applicable, like seeing if you can pick up a scent, CJ. Fiona and CJ, you first. We'll stand guard out here. Once you are done and up in the tower providing overwatch, then we will have a look." Abigail instructs.

 

Attuning Keira and their gear

[Noir] 5:09 pm: lemme roll for invisibility. Wits + Invis + (Q successes).
Noir *rolls* 5d10t7: 10,5,9,5,9.  Successes = 3.
[Noir] 5:11 pm: 3 rolled successes, so she will also cover their scent, sound and... I dunno... taste
3 rolled successes + 3 auto successes for a total of 6 successes

Witnesses by Asa, Nina, Long

Asked GM befoe post and was told that the building would be clear.

Edited by Abigail Boyde

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

<Ah, crap. Control  yourself. She could be your daughter.>

<…And Sonja would probably hurt me..but it might be worth it.>

<..Here I am with beautiful women all around me, like the damn set of a cheap movie. >

<FOCUS!> 

 

“I am game for whatever it takes to make us more effective as a team. I gotta pile stuff in my head that may or may not be classified, but most of the governments it’s about are gone or too weak to care.”

Casper clears his throat.

“There also might be some, uh, embarrassing things in my head too. I never been surrounded by beautiful women. A lesser man might find it hard to focus on the job at hand.”

 

"All clear. Now let's have a closer look. Any of you with extra or heightened senses, put them to use if applicable, like seeing if you can pick up a scent, CJ. Fiona and CJ, you first. We'll stand guard out here. Once you are done and up in the tower providing overwatch, then we will have a look." Abigail instructs.

Casper adjusts his gloves then readies his Heavy assault rifle.

“I’ll flank the tower from the left side of the door. You take right Fiona, no more than 30-40 feet from each other.”

Casper begins walking toward the tower. When within about 50m he slows a bit with as much stealth as he can muster, keeping an eye, and all other senses focuses on anything non-human.

 

I don’t know how to roll dice here but Will make a Stealth roll and Awareness roll as applicable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abigail points to the tower atop the building.

"It's clear. Keira and I just cleared it. Sonja, Keira and I will remain out here on overwatch while you two go in." she reminds CJ.

"Take a look around inside first before you head up. Maybe you will notice something or pick up a scent." she instructs once more.

"And on a side note.. What kind of bat-eared people did you grow up around? 'Together' means maintaining LoS and If you are father apart than two normal people could talk without raising voices, then you are too far apart. That's well under 30 feet. I am sure you know this stuff, CJ. Don't start getting sloppy now."  she says with the slightest hint of a playful smile.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fiona looked over to Abigail. "As if I didn't know what you meant. I'll keep an eye out. Something I'm good at."

Sighing she looked over to CJ. "By the way Casper, we're going IN to the tower. The steel and concrete will count for something. Once we are up top we'll have command of the entire surroundings." She said, slinging her anti-tank sniper over her shoulder like it was nothing. "30 feet won't be nothin' we could whisper and hear each other up in that tight box."

"At night I'll have to go into night-vision mode with my eyes... happens when you can see in the dark like people see things in the day-time."

She starts walking into the tower after getting the rest of her kit. "Now let's go, time's burning off. We need to get set up."

"Also I hope everyone remembered radios." Fiona said out loud for everyone, pointing to her earpiece attached to her radio pack. "If I or CJ spots something you can be damn sure we're gonna be chirping."

Edited by Fiona Warner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Casper finds a spot inside the tower and begins his vigil He offers no comments on seeming like an idiot approaching the building and his subsequent entry into the tower. He notches the mistake to being sidetracked by all the estrogen in the air.

At the mention of radios he leans toward Fiona and whispers; " Are we not all tied in to Temples mental wifi? I been on a few runs where we all formed a report or whatever you call it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As they took up the search through the wreckage they found little to go on, though once up in the tower, CJ's more developed senses alerted him to something that wasn't so prevalent on the ground, a scent of Fresh blood, and it wasn't human, it smelled like Tyrannosaur.  Roughly a mile away he could see trees shaking moving to the west, almost in a line with them there at the outpost, as if something was headed towards them.  Then they all could hear the roar, It was a big Rex alright, and it sounded angry, then a second later, they heard another and then a third roar from the same direction, answer it.

 

Temple and Locke had an incredibly quiet ride to the northern outpost, and found everything to be quiet,   They were met at the entrance by one of the 10 people on duty at the outpost, and unlike the heavily damaged outpost, this was fully intact, and obviously on high alert.   The two men in the lookout tower seemed on the ball, and inside, there were three people seated at a bank of sensor and video feeds.  
 

A woman, a Lieutenant Holger, addressed them.  "Dr, Locke, Miss Faire, welcome to Outpost 21, I hope you'll find everything in order."

 

"We won't stay too long Lieutenant, and we'll try to stay out from underfoot, we just need to get the lay of the land, and i wanted to inspect an intact outpost.  We just came from the one that was attacked.  The Rest of my CRT is there, doing some special investigation."

On the screens they could see video from outside, and some ways into the forests, from motion cameras and weather radar on another.   "Lieutenant, we have motion to the northeast, Looks like a solitary Utahraptor."  The soldier pulled up the motion tracker and the picture from only seconds ago,from the camera, of a single Utahraptor, a younger one, as it wasn't but  four feet tall, stalking alone through the woods.   "Watch him,  we get solos here and there, but they won't come any closer, they're smarter than that."

Locke watched, and noticed something else, it was only for a second, but the Raptor turned and looked right at the camera, directly.

"Temple get Everyone here back to base now, Start with the soldiers here.  Lieutenant get your people from the tower, they're here.  Start sending all data to the base now, they're coming."  With that Locke pulled his gun and head for the door, ready to stand guard.   There was a rumble then a crashing explosion, as part of the building began to collapse, and he braced himself against the door to control room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Drop your gear and stand still"

As she shouted the order she knew it was hopeless she could get maybe half of the soldiers out then she would be dead on her feet, that meant leaving five and the Doc. She couldn't live with that not six more not so soon.

The panic rose, in her head all the voices screamed at once and the building fell apart.

Without a single thought she grabs the first soldier and steeps back to the main base. "Tell them there is a major attack under way at the outpost!"

Then she steps back and repeats the same 3 more times before she is done, powerless. As she prepares to step back for the last time she shoots a thought to the Sarge before cutting the link.

<Sarg, we are under attack I got four soldiers out but im spent we aren't going to make it>

Stepping back ito the ruined Outpost she sees the Doc, shirt ripped, standing over the lifeless corpse of a raptor, blood spilling from the three bullet holes expertly placed through its skull.

She pulls her guns and looks at the Doc.

"I'm done, and on hindsight this maybe wasn't such a bright idea."

Port Rolls witnessed by Long and Asa

[Long6] 9:47 am: heh    there's 4 there in the building with them  that are confirmed still alive
[Long6] 9:47 am:    
Nina *rolls* 6d10t7+3: 5,2,3,2,8,7.  Successes = 2. Plus 3 auto successes.  Total = 5.
Nina *rolls* 6d10t7+3: 2,8,6,8,7,2.  Successes = 3. Plus 3 auto successes.  Total = 6.
Nina *rolls* 6d10t7+3: 5,5,10,2,10,7.  Successes = 3. Plus 3 auto successes.  Total = 6.
Nina *rolls* 6d10t7+3: 4,8,8,4,3,2.  Successes = 2. Plus 3 auto successes.  Total = 5.
[Long6] 9:54 am: heh easy enough     

 

Edited by Temple Faire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Shit."

Fiona brought the mic up to her face so she wouldn't have to shout. "We got incoming... three screeches, don't know of what just yet. Best get secure and ready for something... it sounded big... and many."

She turned to CJ. "What we got?" She said, readying her rifle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

" We've got three large beasties coming in from the east maybe a mile out. About 2-3 minutes the way they're moving."

"I ain't got line of sight for longer than about a half a second the way their weavin through the trees out there."

Casper takes a hidden position from the direction that he thinks they're coming from so as to remain out of line of sight out of even the best perceptive beastie. He will use his other senses to do his best to try to find out if there's anything else other than a large creatures coming this way. As soon as he is relatively sure that they have decreased the range between him and them he will pop up and fire his assault rifle in  burst shots. 

He will be aiming to slow or disable the Rex's.. He will commit to this plan unless some other targets present themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Don't do anythin' fancy, CJ... if you can drop 'em, drop 'em. If you can get a clear shot, go for the joints of the legs... particularly the knee. That's a suitably big enough spot on the leg." Fiona says, locking a round into her rifle. "Blow out a knee and those big fuckers will be on their belly."

She takes a breath, bringing her rifle up as she takes a stable stance, looking through the scope. You'd think a girl that looked like her couldn't shoulder something as massive as her anti-tank rifle, but here she was holding it steady. "As soon as I see one, I'm plucking it in the first vulnerable spot I can find... an eye, knee... whatever. I can see further than you when not using the scope, but in this hunt I'll need to track things."

She watches the leaves on the trees to track the wind. Hoping to catch a glimpse of one of them. "For now also look for anything smaller. Coulda swore Temple was talking about Raptors before we came up here."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<Sarge, we are under attack I got four soldiers out but I'm spent we aren't going to make it>

 

"Shit."

Fiona brought the mic up to her face so she wouldn't have to shout. "We got incoming... three screeches, don't know of what just yet. Best get secure and ready for something... it sounded big... and many."

Abigail quickly shifted into a fully tactical mindset taking in the situation.

<On our way. ETA...I dunno.. ASAP. We might be driving out.>

"Temple, the Doc and the others are under attack, we need to get to them. Screw the dinos. What are they gonna do? Wreck the already wrecked outpost?" Abigail explained over the radio to the team.

"Fiona, can you carry one or more people when you do your long-distance jumps? Can anybody else do the same? CJ? Sonja? If so, I am sure it is faster than the truck." she asked everybody over the radio as she ran over to the truck, motioning for Sonja and Keira to follow.

"Either way, you two up there got one minute to take some shots to kill or slow them down, then get down the truck a fast as you can so we can jump or drive out. If we are driving out then CJ and Fiona, one of you in the front and one in the back, we might be shooting our way out or deterring pursuit. Sonja, in the back obviously and either Keira or I can drive." she instructed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I can take CJ. I go in a straight line jumping and to be honest that's bad when hunting a mobile target. I'll need to get CJ riding on me to use his AR to protect us from any suprise fliers."

She looked over to CJ. "We got a minute then we're out, Casper. So let's wing those T-Rexes and get the fuck outta here."

She hated the fact they were leaving a position where they could set up a basecamp easily, but Abigail was running things. It's on her if this was a bad idea. Might be a better idea to take the truck so everyone stays together.

"Let's make this quick, then I'm grabbing you and jumping to the truck. I don't think we're using the frequent flier miles after all."

Edited by Fiona Warner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I can take CJ. I go in a straight line jumping and to be honest that's bad when hunting a mobile target. I'll need to get CJ riding on me to use his AR to protect us from any suprise fliers."

She looked over to CJ. "We got a minute then we're ejecting from here, Casper. So let's wing those T-Rexes and get the fuck outta here."

She hated the fact they were leaving a position where they could set up a basecamp easily, but Abigail was running things. It's on her if this was a bad idea.

Then something crossed her mind. "Think we have enough vehicular assets to carry everyone? I could take one more average weight person with my jumping along side CJ with their kit, but that's gonna be awkward as fuck."

Casper looks with disgust at Fiona.

"No offense babe, but you can come back and get me last. I aint never bugged out of a scrap. If your out, have a nice life."

He peeks up off the tower from behind cover and analyzes spots for cover and for possible fortification.

He then barks into the coms; "I can handle my own. If I need ta evade and escape I am not leaving this area without something of a trophy to study."

He looks at the approaching destruction analytically and then down at the surrounding buildings.

"Worse case, you all scurry off and then come back in a few minutes and shoot at the crowd cuz most likely they'll be comin' after me."

 

Casper slings his assault rifle with rapid precisions betraying his quantum powered dexterity and then hefts his Heavy MG in one hand and his duffle full of gear over his other shoulder.

 

Casper will begin lighting up the first target he can see. He will fire with prejudice. He will do his best do disable the giants or stop anything else he might see. His plan is to be left behind if everyone else is leaving. He will make whatever stealth, or strategy rolls he needs to find a narrow, very narrow  pathway between 2 large (read: immovable objects) in the rubble or buildings in the area. He wants to find a spot he can possibly draw back into where he can wedge himself into and prevent being bitten by the T-rex's if he is unable to stop them. If he stops them and there are little critters, he wants to bottle neck them into an area with only one way in.

Short of being forcefully taken away, arguments to get him to leave will fall on deaf ears. However, he will not be aggressive toward any team mates.

Edited by Casper "CJ" Juliens
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"If we cannot all jump, then none of us will. We stay together." Abigail says firmly to everybody over the radio.

"Take your shots and get down to the truck. That goes for you too CJ. We are NOT on fucking safari. The others are under attack and are NOT gonna hold out long. So take a shot and get your ass down here NOW, or so help me I will drag your ass to the truck myself you long in the tooth bastard." she barks into the radio as she opens the door and starts the truck.

 

Abigail is not leaving anybody behind. If she needs to drag CJ down the stairs, she will (or have Sonja do it, but he might get off on that. Hehe).

I'll make a Command roll if needed.

Edited by Abigail Boyde

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fiona sets up her sniping routes. "Like hell... you get one minute, the two of us. Then we all are leaving. I need you to back up my shots, but once we're called I don't give a flying fuck if you don't like it we're outie. Besides, how will we have any contest to see who buys drinks at the bar, if you get turned into kibble before we even get started?"

Taking the time to aim so I can use my accuracy boosting abilities to their fullest. Lemmie know when the rolls start.

Edited by Fiona Warner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I can jump about fifty feet up and two hundred feet across," Sonja claimed dryly in response to Abigail's question, her long legs letting her keep up with a jog where everyone else ran, "but I don't think that is what you mean. It's not really a means of travel, though I can take care of the truck if it gets stuck or something."

Though she took Abigail's orders as mere suggestions - she was too much of celebrity superstar and successful business woman not to - Sonja still followed the female Ranger to the truck. Even with three potential T-Rexes on their tail that could do real damage to her, Sonja didn't feel any particular fear of them. When you can crush steel like playdoh and tear SUVs in half with your bare-hands, your fear of physical harm is drastically lowered. Most of Sonja's nightmares focused on her growing to ten, twelve, twenty feet tall or taller.

That said, before climbing into the back of the truck, Sonja grabbed the canvas soft cover and effortless yanked it off with a single pull. Her wealth was such that she didn't worry about private or public property all that much - she could always afford to replace or repair it - but if they were being chased by a trio of T-Rexes, she wanted to be able to see them and respond in kind instead of crouching with her vision and movement impeded. She might be immensely strong and tough, but her teammates weren't necessarily as well.

Sonja jumped into the back, the truck jouncing slightly under the impact of her weight, then moved so that she was standing right behind the cab, standing with feet shoulder wide and a hand on the roof for stability. She debated for a moment on what weapon to keep a hand before settling on one of the lead balls she carried. If it wasn't the most lethal, it certainly provided the strongest impact - if it didn't kill one of the dinos on their trail, it would have a strong chance of knocking it down or out, or make it decide to look for food elsewhere. Besides, CJ and Fiona seemed like much better shots than she was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Everyone else is dead."  "Locke looked at her intently.  "I killed this one, and there's another two at least.  I heard the screams at the same time from different places.  Do you have any other means of defense aside from the gun?"

"Not really."

"Then stay behind me, whatever you do and we'll make it out of here.   We're going out to the jeep, While you cover us I'll drive us out of here.   Tell the others to stay put.   The base knows to be on the lookout, and has formed a cordon around the City line, and the troops at all the outposts are being recalled.  We need to survive, and get to the others.   I have a theory."

--------------------------------------

The Rex roared again, and was answered in the same fashion.  CJ got his first real look as the animals stepped into a clearing, and it was unlike anything he'd ever seen.  It wasn't three Rex,   It was one, with three massive heads,slightly longer arms, and a thick long tail held out for balance.   He could see the bright red glow from the beasts' eyes, and noted it was actually picking up speed.

thor_riding_a_three_headed_rex_by_strong

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Temple looks at her twin Glock 20SFs and grins.

"Really Doc you should have read my file, these are designed for big game and I use hollow points for maximum damage. I can take out raptors pretty easily with these puppies. As for Telling Sarge anything, no go I let her know we were under attack and probably wouldn't make it out. I got no power left."

She hefts her gloks and looks out side checking all points looking and listening allowing her hypersenses to work.

"Lead on Doc I got us covered."

She steps out after the older man guns at the ready hypersense detecting any change in the 3d image of their location indicating the approaching monsters.

"Oh you may want to call sarge on the radio, I think they are trying to mount a rescue."

Nina] 9:47 am: need to make an awearness rool in GA doese her observant and situation awearness specialties apply?
[Long6] 9:51 am: it will yes
Nina *rolls* 12d10t7: 8,5,4,6,1,8,3,1,9,2,6,8.  Successes = 4.
[Nina] 9:51 am: all those dice and only 4 sux
[Long6] 9:52 am: win some lose some

 

Edited by Temple Faire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fiona muttered under her breath. "Fuck this..."

She grabs CJ by the back of his tactical vest and leaps, landing in a open area in the back of the truck. Tossing CJ into a side seat she takes a position with her rifle. "We better get a move on, this is a moving fight. And mind your ears, when the little lady sings, it's a face-melter."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Locke take off running toward the nearby Humvee shaking his head at Temples announcement.

""Why the hell are they coming here? We're fine."

Suddenly he brings his Gun out unleashing three rapid shots into the bush an inhuman scream of pain answers.

Behind him Temple trains her guns to both sides when she hears a flapping sound overhead and behind her...

Temple will launch herself into the air and spin to bring her weapons to bear on whatever it is she hears, firing both guns at what ever she sees while still in the air john woo style.

[Long6] 10:33 am: correct
[Nina] 10:34 am: fist bird  dex 5 + firearms 5 +two guns specialty +1 - 2 9 dice
Nina *rolls* 9d10t7: 7,10,5,3,3,2,6,8,4.  Successes = 3.
[Nina] 10:39 am: second bird 8 dice
Nina *rolls* 8d10t7: 8,7,7,9,6,2,7,4.  Successes = 5.
[Nina] 10:40 am: third bird 7 dice
Nina *rolls* 7d10t7: 1,5,4,3,1,1,6.  Successes = 0.
[Nina] 10:40 am: fuck
Long6 *rolls* 2d10: 3+5: 8
[Long6] 10:40 am: both guns jam on the 3rd shot

[Long6] 10:43 am: the guns do +3 and +5 damage on the first two rolls
[Nina] 10:44 am: kk
Nina *rolls* 5d10t7+3: 3,5,10,3,2.  Successes = 1. Plus 3 auto successes.  Total = 4.

Nina *rolls* 5d10t7+5: 6,1,4,10,5.  Successes = 1. Plus 5 auto successes.  Total = 6.

 

Leaping and spinning in mid air, guns blazing, Temple unloads on a trio of pteranadon dive bombing them. her rounds slam into the first two aerial monsters then both her guns jam as she slams into the ground on her back.

"Doc incoming from above!"

Edited by Temple Faire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×