MAGE 20 - The Tomorrow Unknown - By Moonlight Pale and Blue

MAGE20 ST

The mages quietly discussed the stacks of books and patterns when the cat  emitted a low growl leaps to the back of the sofa and darted into the Dining room towards the kitchen. As they stared after the cat Montros voice came to them from the direction the cat had disappeared.

"Hey! you guys might want to come down her we found something."

Aja put Boogie back to sleep with a push of a button on his laptop and the mages went looking for Montros and Kaitlin.

The room was a wizards paradise. here the books and scrolls occupied their proper place on ancient oak shelves, the magical and mystical tools of Hermatic Magick set on work tables, it was a if Kait and Montros had stepped into a wizards sanctum from centuries ago. They could feel power of the Node resting here in the heart of this old house.

Both were startled when the large cat came into the room followed a few moments later by the rest of the keyholders. The cat jumped up onto one of the worktables and sat looking at them, almost expectantly.

They were in a Sanctum. The safe secure place, the ultimate Sanctuary of the mage who made it, the Mage who would be it's master as long as he lived.

Unnoticed at the very back of the room nestled between two full shelves of books and magical ingredients, was a door.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cade was quite at home in a sanctum like this.  It really reminded him of home, really, though he could feel far more power in these surroundings than he did in the Antebellum manor he'd inherited from his adopted Father. 

"You could spend a mortal lifetime in here, and still probably not learn and master everything in here."   He was somewhat out of his element here, This was a far grander spell than he'd ever seen, certainly more than he was capable of duplicating.   Such a grand feat of will on inwardly spurred him to master himself, and increase his own ability to weave reality to his liking, much as it would any mage of his upbringing.   It wasn't jealousy, but an insight to the greater possibilities open to them all. 

As he began to look around he did notice the door, seemingly forgotten, and began examining it, looking for any sigils, but sometimes a door was simply a door.  "Now how much deeper down the rabbit hole dare we go?"  he asked the group collectively.

In the air, Kaitlin could smell the scent of old paper and parchment, leather bindings and glue, incense and alchemical substances, but the sanctum was curiously free of dust. Or not so curious - this place... felt in some manner, similar to the Sanctums they had been gifted back at Astrarium House. The place with the Black Door meant for the man who lived here and was presumed dead. Guess he already had a sanctum...

Kaitlin danced aside at the burly maine coon darted pass her and Montrose, then followed the cat into the Sanctum. It was too academic and structured for her tastes, but that didn't mean she was unaware of its arcane importance. Mather was missing, but she was beginning to doubt that he was dead. With his essence bound with that of the Sanctum, she would expect the place to feel more... desolate than it did. Instead, it felt... expectant, patient, waiting.

Like the feline familiar sitting on the worktable, watching them with enigmatic eyes.

Kaitlin stared back with eyes of amber, the feel of sinuous shadow and velvety quintessence brushing against the back of her legs as her Avatar drifted about her. Alien and ephemeral, Pantheris possessed an intelligence that was definitely feline, but it was much more as well. She didn't see why a cat familiar wouldn't be as well, if on a lesser scale.

"As far as the rabbit hole goes," Kaitlin said in reply to Cade's comment as she walked over to the cat and crouched down to meet its eyes levelly. "And maybe we'll have a Cheshire Cat to lead us. So, Coon, can you tell us or show us where your Master is?"

Events had spiralled quite out of control and Montrose mentally shrugged and let go of his need to actively know and opened his mind and senses to simply absorping what was being thrown his way. Life was funny like that.

"I guess you're not talking about that old disney movie, right? Never read much of the classics. I thought Plato described Utopia? Meh, I guess he did both."

Fixing the aptly-labeled Cheshire Cat with a quizzical eye, he simply waited for it to spring into action. At this point, if it were to start reciting the Gettysburg address, he wouldn't have batted an eyelash. "Got a name, fella, or shall we just call you Cheshire, like my associate suggested?"

There was still the matter of finding Mathers and his possible connection to their benefactor's death, (what if he hasn't died yet but will and this spell reaches through time to set into motion events that lead to his death so the spell goes off properly and yeah that's downright silly) if any.

• 2 weeks later...

TIME AND SPACE SPIRAL INTO CHAOS AND STAGNATION

A SNAP SHOT OF REALITY ON A BRINK

CADE'S HAND UPON THE DOOR, A BLACK HOLE SUCKING REALITY INTO WHAT?

TRIESSA PICKING UP A CHALK SLATE SUCH AS CHILDREN USED TO USE TO WRITE THEIR LESSONS ON, THE WORDS AND FORMULAS TWISTING INTO UNSPEAKABLE SYMBOLS WHICH DARE TO SHATTER THE MIND AND BURN THE SOUL

KAITLIN AND MONTROS, TOGETHER HOLDING HANDS FINGERS ENTWINED, CONFRONTING THE CAT WHICH SUDDENLY TAKES ON THE APPEARANCE OF A WILD RABID BEAST AND GROWS TO 5FIVETIMES ITS NORMAL SIZE

AKEMI, STANDING ALONE APART FROM THE OTHERS AMIDST THEM YET SEPERATE HELD BY SERPENTS BINDING HER LEGS AND ARMS AS IF CRUCIFIED HER BODY PIERCED WITH ARROWS BLEEDING FIRE

AJA AT THE SHELVES OF ESOTERIC VOLUMES PICKING UP BOOK AFTER BOOK SCROLL AFTER SCROLL AND FINDING THEM EMPTY SAVE FOR TWO WORDS

THE END

Cade stops, his hand not quite closed on the door nob, he looks back over his shoulder a sense of disquiet coming over him. He sees his companions, aside from Akemi, it's too early to call them friends. he spies Aja looking at books he seems to be pulling randomly off the shelf and thumbing through. Montros is standing behind Kaitlin who is crouched down eye level with the cat which is licking itself oblivious to them all. Triessa is at a desk against the far wall shuffling through chalk slates filled with formula and instructions for spells. And Akemi, dear Akemi, stands alone in the center of this mages sanctum a look of saddness in her eyes that he has not seen before. He almost goes to her but the door... he turns back his hand grasping the nob and twists.

The door opens easily there is magick everyone feels it all eyes, except the cats, are drawn to Cade and the door.

The first thing Cade and everyone else sees is the other side of the door. it is black and looks like iron there is a symbol on the door one they have seen. Cade looks through the door into a hall across from him is another door, it too is made of black iron and bears a symbol he has seen before. he looks to his right and sees another door at the end of the hallway. A door of brass. his heart beats hard in his chest he hears a voice behind him it may be Kaitlin's, it could be anyone's. "What do you see?"

In slow motion his head turns to the left as he leans further into the doorway already knowing what he shall see. A hallway stretching far away six more doors each made of a different material and bearing a single symbol he can make out the door which is his and the one belonging to Akemi. It is the Hall of Chambers in Astrareium House some eighty miles away in the middle of new Orleans. At the far end of the hall is the stair leading up to the floor with their bedrooms as well as the door to the rest of the house.

Standing in front of the door is Simon.

As Cade stepped through looking down the hallway, seeing Simon, he recognized where he was, and his gaze met Simon's for a moment.  "Everyone, I think we're going to have some explaining to do."   This was the door they'd been told to avoid, and now they'd come through the other way.   He wondered how this worked, and he held Simon's gaze.   "I think Simon, we need to speak with Miss Vail, as soon as possible."

He felt there likely should be more that he needed to say, but for now he himself was still working out all the ramifications of this, of what it meant, and how this would affect them all.   In his own mind he chided himself for not opening his senses abit more, but someone had to stay grounded in the mundane...

Everyone watches breathlessly as Cade steps through the door, as if expecting him to explode or disintegrate but nothing happens.

4 hours ago, Cade said:

As Cade stepped through looking down the hallway, seeing Simon, he recognized where he was, and his gaze met Simon's for a moment.  "Everyone, I think we're going to have some explaining to do."   This was the door they'd been told to avoid, and now they'd come through the other way.   He wondered how this worked, and he held Simon's gaze.   "I think Simon, we need to speak with Miss Vail, as soon as possible."

He felt there likely should be more that he needed to say, but for now he himself was still working out all the ramifications of this, of what it meant, and how this would affect them all.   In his own mind he chided himself for not opening his senses abit more, but someone had to stay grounded in the mundane...

At the mention of Simon's name the mages exchange glances and the cat springs to life, leaping from the table and darting through the door and down the hall past Cade toward Simon.

"Well hello Equinox." The deep basso voice of the large man carries clearly to all even into the mages sanctum, the cat makes no noise that anyone can hear. Cade sees that the cat, Equinox he supposes, stops and sits like a dog in front of Simon, he watches as the two seem to converse without sound on some level he cannot comprehend. Behind him he senses the other keyholders at the door.

Simon looks up from the cat to Cade and then to the other mages gathering in the doorway. "That may not be the wisest Cade Allistair."

"Then I'm all ears to hear your thoughts on this, before we move to that, then."  He moves out of the way, allowing the others to follow him through."  

He looked over at Equinox and Simon.  "I take you're acquainted with the Familiar there then?   If he's still here then that means the Mage he's bound too is still alive and around too, but he was not home, and it definitely seemed like we were meant to find our way to that door, to this moment."

The tall, athletic young woman blinked, hearing Simon's deep voice rumble from the other side of the door that Cade had stepped through. Then she sauntered after him with powerful grace and blinked amber eyes again, finding herself in the hallway of Astrarium house with the looming figure of Simon standing at one end, the large cat - Equinox - sitting before him, something in their postures suggesting they were communicating.

"Maybe it ain't wise, Simon, but what's done is done, and we're here now," Kaitlin said with blithely confidence. She smirked at Cade. "And I don't think we're the ones who have to explain things, though we have to talk to you Simon, and Mia, about Tobias Gaunt, and why he'd send a lackey with a powerful elemental-thing to take us out."

Kaitlin's smirk widened and she flexed an arm, a sleek, hard bicep rising, though she rolled her eyes towards Triessa, just emerging from the black iron door they had been forbidden to cross. "Don't worry, we took care of it and have his lackey too, a stupid asshole named Boogie. But what we need to know or figure out, is how Mather's Sanctum got tied to Astrarium House when he wasn't even given one of the Keys." Amber, feline eyes narrowed. "And who knew about it."

• 2 weeks later...

Simon stared at them as they came out of the door one by one, looked briefly at the cat then strode toward them silently, the cat trotting alongside like a faithful dog. As he approached the mages moved out of his way, his gaze resting on each of them in turn. Those eyes seemed to pierce the soul as he took his measure of each of them, then he looked at the door, then inside the door being careful not to pass the threshold. He turned and looked at the other black iron door across the hall then back at the one before him.  A furrow of his brow and a frown on his lips and he gingerly extended his finger to barley touch the door. Collectively the mages held their breaths as finger met door and a sudden surge of magic filled the hallway.

The door of black iron suddenly began to corrode before their eyes, Simon stepped back an unfamiliar look of shock on his face. The door corroded faster flakes of rust falling to the floor to dissolve into nothingness,cracks now appearing in the structure of the door bright white light streaming from them as the rust fell away revealing a golden door, shining with an internal light. In the center of the door the symbol of Mather stood out in a silvery relief  surrounding the large symbol also in silver are five other symbols, the symbols of each of the five keyholders and crowning the assembly a seventh symbol which none of the gathered recognize.

Simon his usually look of complacent composure returning looks down the hallway and raises his hand the door there flies open and the box containing the keys flies into his hand in a blink of the eye. He opens the box his eyes flash an inhuman color before he hands the box to the nearest mage.

"This is unexpected. These are not real.' He looks down at the cat obviously they are communicating. "Yes equinox, you should show them what you can."

At that moment a eerie yet familiar piece of music sounds 

Cade pulls his Phone from his pocket and glances at the screen caller Id is blocked, he glances at everyone and notices Simon nodding yes to Cade's unasked question. He answers the phone.

"Hello?"

"Why there you are, Cade Alister I have been trying to call you all afternoon." Mia Vail's voice can be heard by all from the tiny speaker.

"I do hope everything is alright? Anyway I know You all are busy with this that and the other but i want to invite you all to an early supper and a night out on the town. You all have been through so much I think it fitting to relax a litlle and enjoy New Orleans before you all get too involved in things. So how about you and the rest meet me at The Commander's Palace on Washignton, reservations are at seven. Simon can show you the way."

Spoiler

Cade is still on the phone.

Cade looked at the others quickly, and then nodded.  "Of course, that sounds great to me.  I'm sure the others will agree.  I'll let them know and we'll be there for Seven, in proper attire."  There was something insanely coincidental in her call, just as what happened with the door did.  Simon's words were even more of an enigma, and it was one he certainly wished to know more about.

He wasn't about to volunteer where they'd been or what they'd seen just yet, and indeed she'd not asked.  Likely, at least in his mind, she already knew all too well.

He waited patiently for her to say anything else, while glad the others were remaining silent, or to hang up, so he could get back to the matter at hand.

"That could not have been coincidence."  as he spoke what was likely in everyone's mind at the moment.  The cat's reaction was curious as well, and he looked to Everyone else.  "She wants to meet us at seven for a night on the town.  We've got between now and then to get ready."  His gaze shifted and held on Simon.  "I would very much like some explanations, Your last two comments certainly caught my interest.  I'm sure the others would love to hear them as well.  Is there some place we might go to, that is more suitable to hearing them?"

Kaitlin glanced down at the box in her hand, disgruntled. She gave it a small, sharp shake, feeling the Keys inside shift. She looked back up at Simon, her brow furrowed. "If these aren't real, were they the real ones when we first claimed them?"

She believed they must've been, their Sanctums had conformed to their inclinations and desires too closely. But if they weren't the real ones now, when had they been switched and how. She was trying to focus on one thing at a time as she was finding all the blatant and extravagant magick bewildering. Her flavour of magic was a subtle and personal thing.

"Have some issues with Mia, too, do you?" Kaitlin muttered to Equinox, when the main coon familiar hissed after Mia hung up. Then she caught up to what Mia and Cade had been saying and her uncanny, golden eyes widened in what looked like real concern.

Though unfamiliar and shocking, Kailtin had challenged a powerful Elemental unflinchingly with nothing more than her Magick and bare fists. She'd been dealing with events and situations beyond her experience with a stubborn refusal to back down, regardless of how strange she found it. But it seemed the idea of attending a high class restaurant with a definite dress code filled her with a vague and uncomfortable disquiet. Though having inherited a great deal of wealth, she didn't really know what do with it.

"Um, this Commander's Palace...." Kaitlin commented uncertainly, giving Cade and Simon an awkward shrug. "The dress code, I brought a pair of jeans with me. They aren't frayed that bad..." She gave a deep sigh, her well muscled and well endowed chest deforming the image on the front of her Pantera T-shirt. "That isn't gonna pass the dress code, is it?"

Simon nodded at Kaitlin's question. "Yes they were real last night when Rose put her key in the box and when i showed them to you this morning."  He looks back at Cade. "Explanations are not my purpose." He turns around his gaze encompasing all of them.

"You are the Awakened, your powers are beyond anything any mortal or supernatural creature can call forth. My purpose is to weigh the impact of your deeds. Follow Equinox, she know answers to questions you have not asked, and remember YOU are the awakened."

The cat as if on que trots  thru the door into Mather's Sanctum.

Simon's answer only begged more questions, Cade was reminded abit of Uatu, The Watcher.   Still Equinox seemed to be leaving them behind, and he nodded.  "Alright, we'll be back in time to meet Mia then."  he turned to Kaitlin  "There's a few places we can stop to get you something appropriate to wear on our way back from Mather's that will do in a pinch.   Come on though, we're gonna get some answers, one way or another."   With that he moved back to the Golden door, and followed Equinox back through the doorway where they'd come from.

A small part of him recalled the speech about not trying to enter a door without permission.   He wondered if they had it or not, but didn't stop his steps, They'd find out nothing by staying there.

Kaitlin Followed Cade and Montrose and Aja were close behind them. Triessa was about to follow them into the Sanctum when she thought of something she wanted to ask Simon. She turned and his name faded from her lips, the hallway was empty. Simon was gone, had disappeared as if he had never been there. She stared at the empty corridor for a moment and muttered "This is getting weirder and weirder..." then followed the rest.

Equinox had waited by the door as soon as Cade had entered the room she darted up the stairs towards the kitchen. The mages followed, when they go to the pantry they heard her yowl from the dining room and rushed to catch up to her. In this manner she led them through the house to all of the stacks and which Triessa had pointed out was a sort of map of Atlantis. She finally led them into a small office at the back of the house. This office was much less cluttered and moreover contained no stakes of books or knick knacks. Equinox jumped up on the desk and pawed an oversize softcover book which some of the keyholders recognized as a road atlas. she knocks it to the floor where it falls at the mages feet.

Triessa went over and stooped down to pick up the atlas.

"So...do you think he was really here?" she asked as she looked for bookmarks, or other indications of which page the cat was trying to indicate. After a moment she lowered the book down to Equinox's reach, so he could paw at it or whatever he wanted to do with it.

"Simon, I mean. Was it him, or some kind of magical thing?"

Triessa turns the pages looking for something, anything. The cat leaps back onto the desk lightly belying its size and the rest of the mages gather round as the atlas opens onto the page showing Louisiana and the zoomed in insert of New Orleans and the surrounding area.

And there on the page written INTO the map is the Symbol belonging to Mather, exactly at the spot where the Atlantis Plantation is.

There is an ethereal pop and the house and it environs seem to fade from existence leaving the mages seemingly standing in mid air. Then they see them the stacks of books and things fading into view, slowly revolving around them growing changing becoming a miniaturized version of the Plantation in every detail including some not seen from the ground. It is Aja who notices it a chamber or room deep underneath the plantation. Calculations taking into account scale show that is is roughly a 10'x20'x20' box some 200' underneath the Offices of the Plantation. Etched on all sides of the box are symbols most are unknown, these symbols seem to entwine and contain Mather's symbol. Looking at them make the mages queasy and unsettled.

Equinox hisses.

Kaitlin gave a low, feline growl, shifting her weight from one foot to the other, slightly discomfited by all the vulgar magick around her. She looked around at the image of the Plantation surrounding, amber eyes narrowed in concentration. Weird, but really damn handy that, to get a good look at your surroundings, I'll admit.

"It was Simon, but I don't think he or Mia actually have anything to do with his 'end', even if they know more than they are sayin'," Kaitlin commented in response to Triessa and Aja. "I think he's just missing or hiding." She nodded down at the chamber visible below their feet. "And that down there looks like a likely clue, don't cha think? Somehow, it looks like Mather hacked his way into... the Sanctum, uh, Directory, or whatever of the Plantation. But is that a backdoor, a hiding place, a prison, or something else? And how do we get it? Unless..."

Kaitlin gave Equinox a steady glance, her eyes almost as yellow as the cat's. "There's something here that'll let us step from here to there."

The cat tilts its head to the left it's brow furrowed as it gives Kaitlin the eye. It leaps off the desk again and walks up underneath the image until it is under the box, then it rears up on it's hind legs and swipes at the part of the building above the box. The Plantation offices.

Equinox settles back down on her hind quarters and fixes Kaitlin with that same stare, this time tilting her head to the right.

Cade couldn't quite stifle a chuckle at that.  "That would have only been better if you'd said "Jinkies" Triessa."   The magic that had surrounded them for a moment then relented didn't faze him.  "Seriously, I think Aja's onto the right track.  If they didn't have anything to do with the end, they know more than they've told us."

Akemi had been quiet as was her way listening measuring.

"I think perhaps the sudden change this has brought into our lives has clouded the way we look at things. We are in this together and none of us know each other very well, we have no grounds for trust in one in other outside of myself and Cade none of us had ever seen the others until last night. And here we find ourselves not only in a mystery but a mystery which questions our own natures as Mages. If you have an insight or a theory please share it with us. This goes for each of us not just Mr. Klarfeld, myself included."

She gives  Aja a respectful bow.

Kaitlin's eyes narrowed to mere slits, her head tilting in imitation of the feline familiar, though in the opposite direction. She snorted and stood back up, but a faint smirk tugged at one side of her mouth. "Smart ass."

When Aja made his comment about Mia, Kaitlin shrugged a broad shoulder. "I'll admit that I didn't notice anything in particular, then again, I wasn't particular looking." She nodded down at Akemi, then looked around to take in everyone with her amber-eyed gaze. "Not sure about any insights or theories, but I noticed something about Simon. He's not... normal."

She grunted and rolled her eyes at the looks the others gave her. "I don't mean that he's, like, seven feet tall and built like a better proportionedSchwarzenegger. Look." Kaitlin curled an arm, a large, hard bicep rising and struck a pose that made curves any swimsuit model would envy very evident. "Muscles and curves like mine don't usually come together. And I'm even stronger than I look."

Kaitlin didn't sound like she was boasting, just as if she was stating a fact, though she was still obviously proud of her very athletic, yet curvaceous, physique. "It might not be impossible, but it is highly improbable. Let's just say puberty was unusually kind to me. Simon is like that, only... more so... Or maybe in another way. He doesn't have any hair, like any, anywhere, no scars, no weathering. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't have a belly button and looked like a Ken doll between his legs." And wouldn't that be a waste?  "It's like, I dunno, he was manufactured in a lab, rather than born and grew up naturally. He looks like someone's idea of what a big, strong, intimidating guy should look like, rather than a real person, if you catch my drift. What it all might mean, though.."

Kaitlin raised her hands palm upwards and shrugged.

• 2 weeks later...

After a heated debate it is decided to follow Kaitlin's idea and return to the city. Not having the time to deal with Boogies effectively Aja, at the urging of the rest of the Keyholders, places him into a deeper trance and they lock him in one of the bedrooms placing a simple spell on the door to subtlety keep anyone out of the room.

The sextet make their way outside to the parking area without alerting any of the house hold staff. Having left the van at Mather's house they pile into their own vehicles, Cade, Akemi, and Aja into Cades car while the rest go in Kaitlin's jeep. Cade leads the way and in a little more than forty minutes they arrive at the Plantation...

Spoiler

It is a little after 3pm.If you have any questions catch me in chat or pm me

On 12/26/2015 at 1:01 PM, SalmonMax said:

"You mean he's not real? Hmm!" Triessa looked intrigued at that. "Maybe it's some kind of projection? Like, he's sending his mind into some kind of magically created body."

"Or maybe he's some kinda simulacrum. A golem. A made man and not in the mafioso sense of the word."

Shopping. A night on the town. Oh what the hell, it's not like it was the weirdest thing that had happened so far.

"Definitely possible." Aja agreed. On the drive he had time to elaborate. "When Mia made mention of Mather back then, her eyes briefly went black. Blacker. Pure utter black. And I could tell. Hate in her voice. HATE like there was no other definition of the word. Not just distaste for personal habits. She had something against him all right. She's known more than she's told us, and AL implied this had the qualities of an inside job."

"Whatever he is, Simon's connection in all this and Astrarium house is tighter than we know, it seems like," Kaitlin agreed with Triessa and Montrose. The tall, athletic young woman drove with a precise aggression. She was rather heavy on the gas, yet remained hyper aware of where she was in regard to the rest of traffic, her amber eyes sharp, and never seemed in actual danger.

Kaitlin came to a stop in a space at the Atlantis Plantation parking lot at the same time Cade did and closed the door of her battered Wrangler with a casual slam after hopping out. As they began to walk up to the Plantation house, she frowned at Aja and shook her heard. They had heard his comment on the drive over speaker-phone while they had talked things out.

"I hadn't noticed Mia's eyes," Kaitlin admitted, disappointed. With her feral senses, she believed she caught most things, but she had been distracted by the idea of having more financial security than she could have imagined before. "Her relationship with Mather is something we'll have to bring up, but an inside job seems... I dunno, too simple, too much like a movie. This," she said, nodding at the Plantation house as they crossed one of the footbridges," is real life."

There were still a few tourists about, though both visitor and administrative parking were already look sparse by mid-afternoon. Kaitlin straightened her fit shoulders and stalked forward with purpose. "We were here earlier with Mia, so someone might recognize our right to be here. If anyone challenges us, I say we just say we're here on her behest, as part of the conditions for our inheritance from Anson. I want to take a look around the offices in the House and the basement where the Node and Library are - I think those are our best bets. Now, do we stay together or split up to cover more ground?" Kailtin glanced down at her sportswatch. "I guess we have just over two hours or so to look around."

As they followed behind the rest of the group Akemi and Cade spoke in whispers;  finally Akemi nodded and Cade quickened his step catching up to Kaitlin at the top of the stairs leading onto the veranda and the entrance to the plantation house.

"Hey lets hold up just a minute."

"Look, whatever we do, we are NOT blowing off dinner with Mia.  She is a much more powerful mage than all of us combined.  Now where we're going is not some place you can go to in casual or even semi formal clothing.  Granted tuxedoes aren't the name of the game, but we need far better than what I imagine any of us has here.    It is going to take time to get what we need, and attain the proper look we need for tonight.   We can speak to Mia about our suspicions, if you wish, but as you know, Simon highly advised against it.   In fact, she did call me almost the second after I uttered her name.   So let's be reasonable.  We will have plenty of time to look around later, after all, we live here at least half the time now.  So let's go acquire what we need for tonight, then get ready."

Cade spoke with the calm surety of a man who thought his way was the correct path.  "We'll be safe tonight, at any rate, so long as we play the parts we agreed to play for now." 

Kaitlin glanced over her shoulder at Cade, her brows furrowed quizzically. "Who said anything about blowing off dinner with Mia?" She shrugged and the hard, sculpted muscle of her tall frame rippled athletically. "I figure after two hours of looking around and then driving back and over to the restaurant, we'll have almost an hour to shop. Lots of time to buy our fancy clothes." The amazonian teen saw doubtful looks on several faces, her lips turning down in an uncertain frown. "Right? How bloody long does it take to buy a pair of nice slacks, a shirt, and a jacket or whatever?"

"longer than that, for where we're going, and I know this will sound terribly sexist, but you should certainly consider some sort of dress for this.   It will take longer than an hour, that's almost assured, especially as I'm willing to wager some of you have never had to wear clothing such as this.  While it's not all out formal, you will need to be on your best manners."

Akemi smiles at both Kaitlen and Triessa

'It will take us girls much longer than an hour just to fix our hair and makeup." She injects, including herself in a polite manner.

"Besides we have suspicions, each of us, of one sort or another. I am certain that the coincidence of Ms. Vail's phone call, was no coincidence. We will been seen if we go about searching in places we have no legitimate business and unless we are very careful someone will inform Ms. Vail. Mr. Klarfeld's revelation of what he saw is alarming, and i wish we had been informed earlier. Matters are moving rapidly I would like for us to find a moment prehaps after this dinner where the six of us can discuss and find a common ground where trust can assert itself."

Everyone is somewhat stunned. this is the most the small asian woman has spoken since they came together.

Archived