In the summer of 2007 I played my very first RPG. I have always been a science fiction fan and that was, until that summer pretty much the only fiction I ever read aside from some classical literature. I did not like fantasy and being a bit of a literary bigot wouldn't even consider Urban Fantasy at all. I was a snob yes and I am young and have no where near the RPG experience as most of you all.

That Summer a friend dragged me out of my safety zone and took me to a local Comic Book Store ( as an aside I started reading comics that summer too lol). Once there I met some of his other friends including the weirdest person I had yet to meet in my young life. This was a guy named Larry Jones (real name I swear) and he was a Story Teller. And I played Mage the Ascension for the very first time. My Character was an Orphan I didn't know anything at all about the world, the game, or even the hobby really but I was hooked. I played in that game until I graduated High school and moved away to collage. We did play other games. But we always went back to that Mage game. And I loved it and it is still some of the best times I have ever had, it made me look at things differently than I had before. I'm pretty sure that that game shaped me.

At collage I dabbled in other games and even started gming and storytelling myself in chat rooms. But I never ran a Mage game. To me it was kind of a sacred thing Plus everyone else that played mage played a very different game Mage the Awakening. I bought the Books but it wasn't the same. So Mage was just a fond , very fond Memory.

Until Now.

As most of you know Onyx has been releasing 20th anniversary editions of the Classic World of Darkness Games. First Vampire, then Werewolf and now Mage.

Last week the Kick starters received their first draft Pdf's. The game itself is not out yet but it won't be long.

I want to run a Mage 20 game.

I want to run it here with my new gaming friends.

I don't plan on starting the game until it is officially released. Namely because the PDF is only available to Kickstarters and I don't want just kickstarters to have the chance to play.

But I do want to get the idea out there. Get anyone interested thinking.

It's classic WoD but different. It is the BEST MAGE that could be and it will only get better.

The Game I intend to run will be a stand alone Mage Game. It will not have crossovers with any of the other cWoD games and vampire, werewolves, what have you will only be antagonists. The old Metaplot will not be used. It will have no connections to any of the new World of Darkness. It will be it's own self contained universe.

It is not affiliated with the SPI games.

What im looking for is open minded people who want to play in a game where really anything can happen and where what you do really does have consequences.

I have not settled on the what my setting will consist of or all the fine details. I want to give the players a bit of a chance to help shape the genesis of my wold. I can answer questions and give summaries of bits of the game to help tide you over and become at least a somewhat familiar with how the basic game has changed.

So if your interested, if your curious, if you have ideas, if you want to come aboard the reality bending train, this is the place to sign up.

Nina

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice response so far i feel good.

One of the things a think I was a little unclear of was when I said I was playing in a self contained universe. It may have sounded like I wasn't going to be playing in the World of Dankness that isn't what I meant so thought I would clarify what I meant and give the first bit of setting Info that I have decided.

As you all know The Old World of Darkness Games (Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, Wraith, And Changeling) all shared a metaplot. Mage I in my opionion was the one game that was affected the most by the metaplot some would say suffered the most. Before M20 there were three versions of Mage, 1st ed, 2nd ed, and revised. M20 takes the best of all three of the previous games and improves it as a whole, and while this game does follow the meta plot it actually allows the game to be modified so that the meta plot can be ignored or changes. Of course we have all been doing that ourselves for years in other games but this time they actually put in some basic options that allow the changing of the plot or outright ignoring it while still being the  same Old World of Darkness. They call these Future Fates.

Basicly they take a stance from the POV of First Edition and project forward to all the major events of the metaplot and offer up alternate options for how something else could have happened. I am using a lot of Future fates. So my game will be a Classic Old World of Darkness game with Future Fates Options being used. As for the other four game lines. Yes they exist in this game but they are Only going to be used as information/setting and antagonist. All PCs will be mages there will be no exceptions to this (caveat: if someone wants to start a non awakened mage  and play before awakening and they have a good concept and understand that they will awaken within the story I may allow that.).

I am also assuming that all PCs will be Tradition, Disparate, or orphans. Anything else I will be disinclined to allow without a super good concept and a lot of convincing.

So here is my first bit of setting ino These are the main Future Feats that I have chosen for my WoD. These represent the changes to the Metaplot (most big meta plot events simply did not happen here or were very different.) which effect the PCs you will notice that almost all pertain to the Traditions, there are Technocratic FFs but i am keeping them as ST only for now.

Keep in mind that this is Player Not character information for the most part. Also there is one FF that i have not decided on that is the one about the Technocratic Paradigm. There are two options I know which one I want to use but this one I though I should at least get your opinions on. before making a final decision.

If anyone wishes to discuss any of these please post, pm or come to chat when Im there.

Future Fates: Doissetep

Perhaps the most powerful collection of wizards in all Creation, Doissetep occupies a vast, tempestuous Horizon Realm where internal and external storms never end. Dozens of Tradition mages and hundreds, maybe thousands, of their companions, maintain a perpetual game of scheme and counter-scheme in that place.

In the “official” Mage metaplot, the Hermetic stronghold Doissetep winds up destroying itself on November 10, 1997. A so-called “Ascension Warrior” knocks the whole field of mystic dominos over. Infiltrating Doissetep, this Great Betrayer – supposedly the reincarnation of the Traditions’ greatest failure – tips the balance of power inside the stronghold. Within minutes, the entire place implodes from an escalating internal war. Hermetic Archmaster Porthos Fitz-Empress sacrifices both his power and his life to contain the damage. Even then, the repercussions echo through various worlds, killing and injuring hundreds of people who’ve never even heard of mages.

In the aftermath, a “war in the ruins” erupts as various parties fight to claim Doissetep’s treasures. This war spirals into greater levels of devastation until the Avatar Storm finally cuts that conflict and its combatants off from the earthly realm.

Doissetep’s literal and symbolic annihilation is a pivotal event in Mage history. However in this WoD that didn't happen

• The fall didn't happen like that: Doissetep is cautionary tale for Tradition wizardry. Internal politics and divisions among the most powerful Mages of an age led to schism and intrigue.

No one who wasn't there really knows what happened, and anyone who was there isn't here anymore. On that fateful day Doissetep simply vanished, all the ways of traveling there simply ceased to work, all means to find it lead to nowhere. No mage who was there as ever been heard of again. It is quite simply one of the greatest mysteries in the modern age to mages.

Most believe that it was destroyed some how although the lack of evidence is troubling. Others talk of mass ascensions, or mass insanity, some say it is still there and that they just don't want to be bothered anymore. What ever the truth, the Chantry, has now in even such a short time as this become a mythic legend. Many Mages of all traditions and Factions spend years searching for it in hopes of discovering secrets and treasures. Perhaps you will seek it too.

Future Fates: The Great Betrayer

The most infamous criminal in Tradition history, the Great Betrayer was an alchemist who destroyed the First Cabal. Heylel Teomim – a hermaphrodite who had combined two souls into a single body – was supposedly destroyed by Gilgul. Over 500 years later, Heylel supposedly returns as the so-called Ascension Warrior. Claiming to be the Great Betrayer reborn, the Warrior destroys Doissetep, shatters other realms, and leads a war against the Council of Nine before apparently being killed a second time.

Is the Ascension Warrior really Heylel? No one’s sure. There are reasons to believe it and reasons not to. The event cripples the Traditions, though, leaving the field wide open for an apparent Technocratic victory. Whatever the truth might turn out to be, the Ascension Warrior’s claim leaves the permanence of Gilgul in doubt.

Who was this mysterious figure in your chronicle?

• What Ascension Warrior? That stuff never happened, or else it happened in a very different form. Perhaps the Warrior is still out there somewhere, if he exists at all.

Future Fates: The New Millennium

The world has changed a lot since the original Mage: The Ascension series, which ran between 1993 and 2003. Significant events and technologies have altered the social and political landscape. Beyond a certain escapade involving some planes and buildings and all the resulting insanities, the world has – as of this writing – experienced a time of new

revolutions; a global financial crisis which has yet to be resolved; a surge of climate change and natural disasters; the rise of social media; a massive conflux of wireless, cell phone/ smart phone, online video, digital imaging, body armor, drone weapons, high-speed Internet, and other revolutionary technologies; global controversies about gender and ethnic identities and their associated rights; and an expansion and consolidation of mass media and government surveillance that makes 1984 look like a business plan. These events, and many others, have made the world of our new millennium a different place – for better and worse – than the world into which Mage was born.

In the same vein, events that shaped Mage’s original setting – the crack wars, grunge/ punk/ Gothic music, the implosion of the Soviet Union, Gulf War I, and that newfangled “home computer” thing, among others – are ancient history now. Doubtless, there’ll be people reading these words who weren’t even born when the first Mage book slid off the presses,

and other folks who’ll want Mage to be exactly the way it was back when they played it during Bill Clinton’s heyday.

And so, with regards to the many changes our world has seen since 1993, a Mage Storyteller has several options:

• Shit Happened: 9/11 happened, Hurricane Katrina happened, the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars happened, and the world’s smack in the middle of global climate change. International revolts, Fox News, the Greek economic crisis, and all the other messes and miracles that define our era are in full swing. Mage 20 assumes this option, but you don’t have to.

Future Fates: Chantries and Horizon Realms

The scope and abilities of Chantries, as well as their connection to Horizon Realms, changes drastically between the first two editions of Mage and the Revised Edition. In the original editions, Chantries can be fairly powerful, with Earthly manifestations tied to even more powerful Horizon Realms. In Revised, the effects of the Ascension Warrior’s rampage, the Avatar Storm, the Reckoning, and the apparent triumph of the Technocracy cut most Chantries off from Horizon Realms, exile their residents, and reduce their magickal potential.

Depending on the Storyteller’s desires…

• Nothing has changed: Chantries and Horizon Realms are as potent and magickal as ever before… more subtle, perhaps, than they had been in the legendary past, but still miraculous in comparison to mundane facilities.

Future Fates: The Reckoning, the Gauntlet, and the Avatar Storm

In Mage Revised, events within the Reckoning metaplot turn passage through the Gauntlet into a torturous and potentially deadly ordeal. This Avatar Storm flays Awakened Avatars, inflicting serious damage on a mage’s body and soul. Meanwhile, mages who journey outside of Earth’s material realm for more than three months or so become Disembodied; their material bodies fade and leave only their spirits behind. The inhabitants of many Otherworldly Realms have therefore become ghosts of their former selves, their Realms now echoes of the places they once were. According to this metaplot, master mages and mythic beasts are now only spirit entities, existing in a haunted, Otherworldly limbo. Earthbound mages lose their connection to Realm-bound masters, so they must forge new Paths for themselves. This

catastrophe is said to mark the End Times, reflecting magick’s failure within the Ascension War.

In order to capture the flavor of “classic era” Mage, this Reckoning metaplot is optional in Mage 20. Depending on the tone and nature of your chronicle, you could regard the Avatar Storm in one of the following ways:

• The Avatar Storm never happened: Passage between worlds remains challenging but not torturous. Ignore all references to the Storm, Reckoning, and Disembodiment.

Future Fates: The Spirit-Nuke

In the Reckoning metaplot, a Void Engineer named Xerxes Jones piloted a specially designed Umbraship into the Shadowlands around 1999. His trip coincided with an Underworld war that apparently involved the spiritual reflections of Earthly nukes.

When Xerxes dropped his experimental spirit-nuke into the Tempest, the combined detonation raised a titanic Maelstrom that tore much of the Underworld apart. This act, in turn, caused the Avatar Storm. The fate of that ship and its crew remain unknown.

Depending upon the Storyteller’s wishes:

• The spirit nuke incident never happened: The Shadowlands, Stygia, and other Dark Empires remain as they’re presented throughout the Wraith: The Oblivion series. And for updated possibilities, check out Wraith: The

Future Fates: Cell Phones and the Internet

When Mage appeared in 1993, the Internet barely existed. A mere handful of people had even heard of it, and fewer still knew how to access it. Since then, the Internet has become a cornerstone of the world as we know it. In the new millennium, that Internet connects the human world in ways that seemed impossible around 1993. By 2013 – thanks to cell phones and wireless Ethernet (neither of which existed in 1993) – net access is pocket-sized and portable. With rare exceptions, anyone in the industrialized world can reach it whenever they want to. This makes a huge difference for certain elements of Mage: The Ascension.

A wired world is a more knowledgeable world, for starters, with access to a theoretically infinite collection of information; that information is far more consistent and accurate than it was in the 1990s… and often more entertaining, too. Between cell phones and online social media, there’s more connection and less solitude. People can compare notes from across

the world, plan flash mobs, expose police brutality, stage protests, and spread the word about anything from political corruption to grumpy cats. It’s hard to hide in this world, and most folks don’t seem to want to. On some levels, this is the Virtual Adepts’ dream fulfilled.

And yet, cell phones and the Internet trivialize things too. When everything’s accessible, it all seems less special. By 2014, many folks suffer from information overload, over-familiarity, and a circular obsession with online distractions. These new technologies flatten social interactions as well. You can have friends in Greece yet never see the folks next door. If you live in the industrialized world, you don’t need to be a dungeon troll in order to spend most of your life online. A paradoxical sense of connected alienation seeps into many relationships, in which partners argue with strangers while ignoring the person beside them. Self-centered outrage trumps social interaction. Sexism, racism, and all manner of social grotesquerie pour from social media communities where bizarre forms of intimate sociopathy manifest as real-world brutality and terroristic “pranks.” With the world at our fingertips, it seems to slip through our hands.

Whose ideal world is this? It’s too unpredictable for the Technocracy, too brutish for the Virtual Adepts, too trivial for the Society of Ether, and too banal for many Awakened folks. Yet it is magickal in every way that matters. Who’s behind it all? And do you even want this crap cluttering up your Mage: The Ascension world?

A Mage 20 Storyteller has several options:

• Your story takes place in the 21st century, with current Internet and cell phone technology: Adjusting the influence and abilities of the Virtual Adepts and other factions, you run your chronicle amidst the familiar trappings of the ever-wired world.

Future Fates: The Horizon War, Doissetep, and the Storm

As mentioned elsewhere, the Mage metaplot features several cataclysmic events. In the late ‘90s, the Ascension Warrior’s crusade included Doissetep’s demolition, several other evastated Horizon Realms, and a massive attack on the Tradition stronghold called Horizon. Followed by, perhaps even culminating in, the Technocratic disaster in the Underworld – and

the resulting Avatar Storm – the majority of Horizon Realms were either destroyed outright or else cut off from Earth, doomed to drift into deep space forever.

Depending on the wishes of your troupe and Storyteller:

• Ignore the metaplot: Ascension Warrior who? Avatar what? There are as many Horizon Realms as you want there to be, with no attrition from metaplot concerns. Doissetep could be alive and well, and Horizon might remain a safe haven for Tradition mages everywhere. The fate of those worlds is whatever you want it to be.

Future Fates: The Reckoning and Sixth Age

The late 1990s prove disastrous for the Traditions. In the metaplot between the Mage 2nd and Revised Editions:

• Hermetic rivalries tear Doissetep apart, the Thanatoic Master Voormas goes rogue, and the Ascension Warrior leads an army of angry young mages into Horizon and essentially levels the place during the Horizon War.

• In a Second Massassa War, the Order of Hermes goes to war with vampires, to the vast expense of all parties.

• During a Week of Nightmares in early June, 1999, some sort of godlike monster rises in Bangladesh; the Technocracy nukes the Indian subcontinent, and the spirit nukes (see Chapter Four) unleash the Avatar Storm and other metaphysical disasters.

• Not long after that, a Technocratic force wipes out what’s left of Horizon, killing most of the surviving elders and obliterating the Council’s home. The Council Primi disappear, leaving the Traditions leaderless. Those combined catastrophes set the Nine Traditions reeling. The Technocracy intensifies its Pogrom, and – by the opening of the new millennium – the Ascension War is declared over. The Disparate Crafts are hunted down and supposedly destroyed, their few survivors fleeing to what’s left of the Traditions. The Technocracy, also in disarray as Earthbound Technocrats get cut off from their Deep Universe Constructs by the Avatar Storm’s Dimensional Anomaly, winds up presiding over an apparently apathetic human race.

• Following the cataclysms of 9/11/ 2001, humanity appears to go insane. Religious fantatics spark wars on every continent. Defiant Tradition mages soon discover an enigmatic Rogue Council, but they cannot decipher or trust its source. The Reckoning arrives, and a final Sixth Age is underway.

Given this literally game-changing metaplot, we are going with this option:

• None of that ever happened: As in the mid-1990s, the Technocracy and Traditions are more or less equal, with the Nephandi mostly banished from Earth and the Marauders too scattered to provide much threat. The Disparates have their own territory, but the cataclysms that pushed Ascension to the edge have not occurred and maybe never will.

Reality’s a funny thing,

Future Fates: The Traditions

Between Mage 2nd and Mage Revised, the Council goes from a powerful entity with Otherworldly strongholds and godlike Masters to a struggling collection of survivors whose greatest assets have been lost. Thus, the status of Tradition characters and their groups will depend enormously on the option you choose to employ:

• Metaplot? What metaplot?: None of that stuff happens or happens differently, Horizon still exists as a haven but one that has become insular and withdrawn and Doissetep is simply gone. Events in the late 90s brought the war to a head and disaster was looming for both sides the disasters that befell the world during the first part of the new millennium are mostly paradox backlashes. This cause the warring factions to step back and the war goes cold. The Traditions remain a force to be reckoned with, but many Mages have withdrawn to Horizen which is now more a Fortress than a retreat.

Future Fates: The Sphinx

As portrayed in the sourcebook Transmissions from the Rogue Council, the Sphinx and its origins are intentional mysteries, meant to remain unsolved. In that spirit, Mage 20 does not provide an official solution to the riddle. Thus, a Mage Storyteller has the following options:

• What Sphinx? Whether because Horizon never fell or because the transmissions never appeared, the Sphinx metaplot never occurred. Maybe it’ll show up in later adventures or remain a rumor in certain corners of the Awakened world. The game-changing elements of the transmissions and their source, however, have no effect upon your chronicle.

Future Fates: Hollow Treachery?

According to certain sources, Horizon fell because an ambassador from the Hollow Ones led Technocratic forces into the Realm. Whether or not that accusation is true remains debatable even within Mage sourcebooks. Several Revised-era books make the claim, whereas others present the Hollow Ones as a harmless bunch of dissidents. So did the Darklings perform the greatest betrayal in Council history… and if so, was that the act of one treacherous individual, or was it part of a master plan on the Hollow Ones’ behalf?

By now, you’re probably familiar with the phrase “it’s your call.” In the case of this “Hollow treachery” element, though, it’s a pretty significant decision. If the Darkling ambassador did cause Horizon to fall, then the Hollow Ones are targets for every Tradition mage with an understandable grudge… or they will be targets soon, if that betrayal has yet to be revealed. Should that be the case, the Disparate Alliance could find itself declared an enemy of the Council, even if most Disparates know nothing about Horizon or the attack.

As a Storyteller, you could have a monumental sword of Damocles hanging over the Disparates, just waiting for the moment when the Traditions discover the Hollow ambassador’s betrayal. The Technocracy, too, might want to clean up loose ends by eliminating the Hollow Ones (and their allies) once and for all. Maybe that ambassador was actually a Hollow turncoat, betraying not only the Traditions but the Hollow Ones as well on behalf of the Nephandi. It could even have been a simple act of spite. Chances are, he was acting on his own… but perhaps he wasn’t. Could the entire Horizon attack have been a plan to clear away the deadwood and leave room for the Disparate Alliance? Is the entire

idea of Hollow treachery a rumor without substance… and even if it is, does anyone think the Traditions will just ignore the possibility that their Council was destroyed by the Hollow Ones? Not bloody likely. Whether or not the accusation is true, the idea of Hollow treachery will certainly influence the other Disparates. After all, the Hollow Ones might betray them just as casually. If the truth remains unknown, then its revelation could tear the Alliance apart. If other Craft mages have heard the rumors (whether or not those tales are accurate), those rumors will probably color the mages’ perception of the Hollow Ones in general. Maybe some folks felt it needed to be done; others, though, might be watching for a black-clad, trendy-looking knife in their backs, and they might have already planned accordingly…

Faced with the potential repercussions of Hollow treachery, the Storyteller has several options:

• It never happened: Horizon never fell, The Traditions and Hollow Ones still get along as well as they always did, and the Disparate Alliance is just an attempt to protect unaligned mages from the Technocratic purge while also exposing the Nephandic infection within the Union itself.

Future Fates: The Technocratic Paradigm

According to Mage Revised, the Technocratic belief system wins the Ascension War by the end of the 20th century.

Sleepers accept a Consensus in which science defines reality. As mentioned earlier in this book, that conclusion misses several vital elements of global belief, both back then and especially now. Nevertheless, it adds a dramatic sense of urgency to Mage chronicles.

Depending on your group’s desires, you can assume that one of these two options are in play.

A word about Reality Zones. Mage 20 introduces Reality Zones, in past versions reality was all encompassing if the technocracy wins all non tech magic become vulgar. No mater where you are. But even in our real world not everyone has the same belief. In places in our world some things that we think are of a magical is thought to be real there fore in those places a person casting a spell may not be vulgar. It might get you burned to death or stoned but paradox wouldn't bite you in the ass. The reason for this is that in that place that location the people the local masses believe in it. And that at its core is what Mage is about Belief is Reality. So mage 20 created Reality Zones Places where the local belief is so strong and wide spread that the Reality Paradigm is different.

From the PDF

“As it says in Mage 2nd Edition, magick is never “just part of the landscape.” Although it might seem more rigid at certain times and places than at others, one fact every mage understands is that reality is never fixed into a certain form. Although the mystics of the early Revised Edition era felt a profound crisis of faith and feared that magick is dead, the truth of Awakening allows every mage to rework reality to a certain degree. The boundaries of coincidence show just how much flexibility a given region of reality can bear. And within certain reality zones, some types of magick are more coincidental than others.”

And

“Simply put, magickal Effects that fit a place or culture work better than ones that go against its grain. If Jodi Blake wants to incite mass murder, for example, she’ll have an easier time doing that at a protest rally than at a Buddhist temple.

In game terms, a reality zone affects a mage in one of two different ways:

• Acceptance: Effects and practices that fit in with a reality zone are usually coincidental and might – at the Storyteller’s option – lower the difficulty by -1 if the Effect or practice suits the tone of that area. (See Appropriate Resonance on the Magickal Difficulty Modifiers chart.)

• Rejection: Effects and practices that clash with a reality zone tend to be vulgar and might add +1 to their difficulty if they go against the local atmosphere. (See Opposed Resonance on that same chart.)

What does that mean? Simple: if your beliefs and actions suit a reality zone, that zone accepts your magick; if you go against the grain, the local reality rejects you.

In short, it’s easier to work with Reality than to go against the flow. And if you want to change things, then that task is

easier if you work with what you have than it is to force your Will down Reality’s throat.”

• Technocratic Belief Dominates Certain Parts of the World: Technological paradigms rule most of the industrialized world, but there’s a lot more flexibility than people realize. Definitions of vulgar and coincidental magick depend upon reality zones, which are described in Chapter Ten, (pp. 611- 617).

Reality Zones in this setting a very Rare and have to have a large Mass of sleepers to create one.

The United States is an Industrialized Nation and Falls under the Technocratic Paradigm. New York City Is technocracy yes there are all sorts of beliefs systems but they are to small to break the overarching paradigm.

Detroit a city in the throes of what many consider the worst Urban Blight ever is an Urban Decay reality zone yes its in the middle of a Technocratic Paradigm but it is subject to the reality of the cities masses who are living there day in and day out hammered by the hopelessness of their lives.

If you travel out into the country lets say in Nebraska. Its not Urban there isn't much industry but there also isn't a mass belief system either so It falls under the main Paradigm.

Only in very extreme, remote zones would the Tchnocratic Paradigm fail and become vulgar.

• Reality’s in Flux: The Technocracy seemed to win, but that perception wasn’t accurate. Reality zones determine the boundaries of coincidental and vulgar magick, and Earth might even be sliding toward another Mythic Age in which a different paradigm dominates the world. This option would give you a much wilder Mage chronicle, with certain forms of obvious magick becoming coincidental (in the old form, casual), whereas certain approaches to technology would become vulgar. Such a high-magic chronicle would hold a very different reality than the official World of Darkness, but it would suit an End Times saga in which the promises of science had been rejected in favor of mystic chaos.

Under reality in Flux, again the Technocratic Paradigm rules mostly but Localized Reality Zones are much more common. And it is possible for things that are technocratic to become vulgar in some localized zones.

From the PDF

“Localized realities extend from small areas (a house, a field, an underpass) to communities of several hundred people (a small town) or areas of several dozen miles. Higher populations – or really low ones – tend to lead a localized reality toward either Primal or Technocratic extremes. This localized reality syndrome allows mages to create Sanctums and Chantries, whereas Sleepers spread faiths, build churches, maintain cultural traditions, and use art, education, and technology to change their world in small yet significant ways.”

In the New York Example above while the city is Technocracy due to the vast number of ethnically diverse people many recent immigrants other beliefs could very well form localized reality zones where certain magick's normally vulgar would not be.

Note that under the Flux option it is possible for PCs to impact a localized reality zone, possible changing it to his or her purpose.

Will have some rules up for Character Generation soon

Some things to think on

It is 2015 in the game world. ANd pretty much the world is as it is but darker lol like we need that huh.

The city I have chosen to Set my Game is New Orleans. Yes I know that that is kind of cliche for a WoD game but it is a city which fits the tone that I am looking for and will blend well with the themes i want to explore as well.  New Orleans is a Neutral City as far as mages are concerned meaning neither side of the war lays claim to it and it has a large transient population of mages that pass through making it a perfect place for cold war activities. 

PCs will have  Xp to spend before play I have not determined how much. So you won't all be newly awakened. Although you can be if you wish

New Orleans and the area around it has room for some interesting Reality Zones, sense the people there often believe some interesting things about the world, and the Bayou has room for some interesting hidden places.

Also, just to give folks a heads up, though some of you already know...the character I will be creating for this is a Virtual Adept, with the Paradigm of Everything is Data, and focus is Reality Hacking. 

Character Creation Process

Step One: Concept and Identity

Decide identity and motivation; choose concept, Affiliation, Essence (Dynamic, Pattern, Primordial, Questing), and archetypes.

Step Two: Select Attributes

Place initial dot into each Attribute. Prioritize primary, secondary, and tertiary Attribute categories (Physical, Social, Mental) (7/ 5/ 3).

Place your dots

Step Three: Select Abilities

Prioritize Abilities as above (13/ 9/ 5).

Choose Talents, Skills, Knowledges.

Check Secondary Abilities for specialized Traits. No Ability may be higher than 3 at this stage.

Unlike most WoD Game I give you One Dot free in the Following Abilities : Alertness or Awareness (choose one), Drive, Academics, and Computer. If your concept doesn”t make sense to have one of these abilities you can place the free dot in a similar ability which would make sense for the concept after checking with me.

Step Four: Select Advantages

Choose Backgrounds (7).

Define focus (1 paradigm, 1 practice, 7 associated  instruments). Will have to make a post for this since its a major change from the original games.

Step Five: Finishing Touches

Record Spheres (6, with the Affinity Sphere receiving the first dot). Record beginning Arete (1), Willpower (5), Quintessence (Avatar rating) and Paradox (0).

Spend freebie points (15).

Describe appearance/ impression, quirks, culture, beliefs, Avatar, motivations, identity.

Sample Concepts

• Activist – Journalist, blogger, lobbyist, malcontent.

• Artist – Writer, dancer, painter, musician.

• Athlete – Team player, personal trainer, physical artisan, thrill-seeker.

• Caretaker – Parent, teacher, social worker, medical professional.

• Criminal – Gang member, con artist, drug dealer, thief.

• Executive – Tycoon, manager, facilitator, power-player.

• Guardian – Cop, security guard, conspiracy theorist, social watchdog.

• Intellectual – Scholar, professor, philosopher, social critic.

• Kid – Child, student, innocent, gutter-punk.

• Laborer – Factory worker, sales clerk, roadie, construction worker.

• Mystic – Priest/ ess, hermit, shaman, enlightened weirdo.

• Night-Owl – Bartender, bouncer, club-goer, celebrity.

• Rebel – Vagabond, outlaw, urban tribalist, subculture devotee.

• Technician – Mechanic, lab tech, craftsman, computer geek.

• Warrior – Solider, mercenary, vigilante, prophet. Essences

• Dynamic – Passionate force for progress and change.

• Static – Grounded agent of secure stability.

• Primordial – Elusive figure of primal mystery.

• Questing – Wandering dreamer of new horizons.

Archetypes (Nature & Demeanor) the following are examples in the M20 book I alos havea list of additional Archtypes that I am compiling that will be posted

• Activist – You fix a broken world.

• Benefactor – You’ve got the power to help, and so you do.

• Contrary – You invert order to reveal greater truths.

• Crusader – You’re a front-line fighter for a better tomorrow.

• Hacker – You upgrade things by taking them apart.

• Idealist – A greater Truth awaits us, and you know what it is.

• Innovator – Your imagination drives progress forward.

• Kid – Innocent and playful, you inspire others to take care of you.

• Loner – You need no one else.

• Machine – Weakness is for lesser beings.

• Mad Scientist – True science knows no bounds!

• Martyr – It’s your pleasure to serve.

• Monster – You’re the unapologetic shadow in the mirror of your world.

• Prophet – Speaking truth to power is your life’s work.

• Rogue – Rebellion is your gospel and your fame.

• Sensualist – Sensation is your drug of choice.

• Survivor – No matter what happens, you endure.

• Traditionalist – As far as you’re concerned, the old ways are best.

• Trickster – You make the world your toy.

• Visionary – You see beyond the obvious and chase a greater vision for us all.

Factions

The Affinity Sphere entry under each group gives the default Sphere for this sect. Some groups have more than one Sphere listed, but only one Affinity Sphere may be chosen per character.

• The Traditions seek a return to the days of High Magick or a new dawn of mystic potential. Bitter enemies of the Technocracy, they appear to have been losing the battle for reality.

• The Technocracy enforces global order under their Enlightened guidance and protection. Dedicated to wiping out Reality Deviants, they’ve spent over 500 years at war with the mystic Traditions.

• The Disparates protect their ancestral ways, nurture their chosen people, and disdain this war that has caused untold misery. Often dismissed in the battle for reality, these groups have largely gone underground and now begin to band together for mutual protection.

The Nine Traditions

Both names given for traditions are in Use. Pre-Millennial Mages tend to Use the Old From While mages who awakend after the Turn of the Century have adopted the newer form embracing the New diversity and philosophical trends.

• Akashayana/Akashic Brotherhood – Masters of mind, body, and spirit through the Arts of personal discipline. Affinity Spheres: Mind or Life

• Celestial Chorus – Sacred singers who give a human Voice to the Divine Song. Affinity Spheres: Prime, Forces, or Spirit

• Cult of Ecstasy/ Sahajiya – Visionary seers who transcend limitations through sacred experience. Affinity Spheres: Time, Life, or Mind

• Dreamspeakers/ Kha’vadi – Preservers and protectors of both the Spirit Ways and the Earthly cultures that have been looted, abandoned, and oppressed. Affinity Spheres: Spirit, Force, Life, or Matter

• Euthanatoi /Chakravanti – Disciples of mortality who purge corruption and bring merciful release from suffering. Affinity Spheres: Entropy, Life, or Spirit

• Order of Hermes – Rigorous masters of High Magick and the Elemental Arts. Affinity Spheres: Forces

• Society of Ether/Sons of Ether – Graceful saviors of scientific potential. Affinity Spheres: Matter, Forces, or Prime

• Verbena – Primal devotees of rough Nature and mystic blood. Affinity Spheres: Life or Forces

• Virtual Adepts – Reality-hackers devoted to rebooting their world. Affinity Spheres: Correspondence/ Data or Forces

The Disparate Crafts

• Ahl-i-Batin – Seers of Unity through Divine connection and subtle influence. Affinity Spheres: Correspondence or Mind (never Entropy)

• Bata’a – Inheritors of voodoo, dedicated to restoring a broken world. Affinity Spheres: Life or Spirit

• Children of Knowledge – Crowned Ones devoted to alchemical perfection. Affinity Sphere: Forces, Matter, Prime, or Entropy

• Hollow Ones – Dark romantics laughing in the face of ruin. Affinity Sphere: Any

• Kopa Loei – Defenders of Nature, the Old Gods, and their culture. Affinity Sphere: Any

• Ngoma – African High Magi, sworn to restore what’s been taken from their home and people. Affinity Spheres: Life, Mind, Prime, or Spirit

• Orphans – Self-Awakened mages surviving in the shadows of other sects. Affinity Sphere: Any

• Sisters of Hippolyta – Guardians of the Sacred Feminine. Affinity Spheres: Life or Mind

• Taftâni – Middle Eastern mystics shaping the gifts of Allah and the Arts of man. Affinity Spheres: Forces, Matter, Prime, or Spirit

• Templar Knights – Bastions of chivalry in a corrupt age. Affinity Spheres: Forces, Life, Mind, or Prime

• Wu Lung – Preservers of heavenly wisdom, order, and nobility. Affinity Sphere: Spirit, Forces, Matter, or Life

Abilities

Primary Abilities

• Talents: Alertness, Art, Athletics, Awareness, Brawl, Empathy, Expression, Intimidation, Leadership, Streetwise, Subterfuge

• Skills: Crafts, Drive, Etiquette, Firearms, Martial Arts, Meditation, Melee, Research, Stealth, Survival, Technology

• Knowledges: Academics, Computer, Cosmology/Subdimensions, Enigmas, Esoterica, Investigation, Law, Medicine, Occult, Politics, Science

Secondary Abilities

• Talents: Animal Kinship, Blatancy, Carousing, Do (this is a special skill that has very stringent requiements which must be met. Also any non Akashayana must justifiy your learning Get with me if you wish to have Do as askill so I can fill you in.), Flying, High Ritual,Lucid Dreaming, Search,  Seduction (optional: Hobby)

• Skills: Acrobatics, Archery, Biotech, Energy Weapons, Hypertech, Jetpack, Pilot, Riding, Security, Torture (optional: Professional)

• Knowledges: Area Knowledge, Belief Systems, Cultural Savvy, Cryptography, Demolitions, Finance, Helmsman, Lore/ RD Data, Media, Pharmacopeia/ Poisons (optional: Expert)

Backgrounds

• Allies – Friends who’ll help you out.

• Alternate Identity – An established alias.

• Arcane/ Cloaking – Mysterious ability to remain unrecognized.

• Avatar/ Genius – Embodiment of the Awakened/ Enlightened Self.

• Backup – Agents you can call upon in emergencies.

• Certification – Special permits for special things.

• Chantry/ Construct – Mystic or Technocratic stronghold.

• Contacts – Information sources and social networks.

• Cult – Group of dedicated believers.

• Demesne – Personal inner dream-space.

• Destiny – Inspiring sense of great purpose.

• Dream/ Hypercram – Ability to tap into Abilities you don’t normally possess.

• Enhancement $ – Cybernetic or biotech improvements to your body.

• Fame – Notoriety in the Sleeper world.

• Familiar/ Companion – Non-human helper with special abilities.

• Influence – Social clout in the mortal world.

• Legend – A potent archetype connected to you.

• Library – Access to special information.

• Mentor – Awakened/ Enlightened elder with a bond to you.

• Node – A place of power that’s more or less in your possession.

• Past Lives – Helpful memories from prior incarnations.

• Patron – Influential benefactor with helpful resources.

• Rank – A title of importance among the Masses.

• Requisitions * – Access to Technocratic hardware.

• Resources – Financial credit, cash flow, and property.

• Retainers – Skilled followers.

• Sanctum/ Laboratory $ – Special place to work your arts.

• Secret Weapons * – Guinea-pig status with Technocratic inventors.

• Spies – Information networks.

• Totem $ – A powerful spirit ally. (Shamanic characters only.)

• Wonder – A Talisman, Fetish, or Device that contains its own reality-bending power.

*Available only to Technocratic Union characters. $ Costs double the usual amount of points.

Spheres

• Correspondence – Understanding of the connections between places, spaces, and things.

• Entropy – Study of mortality, probability, and chaos.

• Forces – Command over elemental energies.

• Life – Influence over organic beings and the physical structures of living bodies.

• Matter – Control of inert materials, objects, and solid elemental structures.

• Mind – Influence over emotions and thoughts, including the ability to project consciousness from one’s physical body.

• Prime – Control over primordial energies.

• Spirit – Contact with Otherworldly spaces and entities;

considered an Art by mystics and a Science by Technocrats, though in game terms it’s all the same thing.

• Time – Perception of, and influence over, temporal states and time-based phenomena.

Technocratic Spheres (optional rules)

• Data – Tracing connections through information.

• Dimensional Science – Hyperphysics of alternate dimensions.

• Primal Utility – Employment of quantum valuation energies.

Freebie Points

Trait Cost

Attribute 5 per dot

Ability 2 per dot

Background 1 per dot

Sphere 7 per dot

Arete 4 per dot (Max. Total: 3)

Willpower 1 per dot

Quintessence 1 per four dots

Merit cost as per Merit

Flaw bonus as per Flaw (Max. Total: 7)

Experience Costs

Trait Cost

New Ability 3

New Sphere 10

Affinity Sphere current rating x 7

Other Sphere current rating x 8

Arete current rating x 8

Attribute current rating x 4

Ability 3

Background* current rating x 3

Willpower current rating x 1

• Storyteller’s option; Backgrounds might not be raised by experience points. Also, Backgrounds that cost double the usual amount cost current rating x6 the following Backgrounds can be raised or bought with XP:  Allies, Backup, Chantry, Contacts, Enhancements*, Influence, Library, Sanctum*, and Spies. *denotes a background wich cost double

Merits and flaws (These are optional you may take as many Merits as you wish and up to 7 points of Flaws or any two flaws of any point value. The Merit/flaws here are what are listed in the M20 book any merit/flaw from the OwoD could be used and I am in the process of sifting through them now once done I will post the list of additional merit/flaws)

Name Cost/ Bonus Type

Merits

Acute Senses 1 or 3 Physical

Berserker 4 Mental

Dark Triad 3 Social

Language 1 Mental

Stormwarden/

Quantum Voyager 3 or 5 Supernatural

Ties 3 Social

Too Tough to Die 5 Physical

True Faith 7 Supernatural

Umbral Affinity 4 Supernatural

Flaws

Addiction 1 or 3 Mental

Construct 2 Social

Cursed 1 to 5 Supernatural

Deranged 3 or 5 Mental

Echoes 1 to 5 Supernatural

Enemy 1 to 5 Social

PTSD 2 to 5 Mental

Stress Atavism 4 Mental

Pre-Play XP –  65 to be spent after character creation unspent points may be banked. Note Arete can be raised over 3 (max of 5) with Pre-play xp and some justification in your BG Story.

Bonus Point awarded for Detailed and entertaining Backgrounds/Preludes and for Images describing your character.

The following links lead to an extensive list of both Merits/Flaws and Archetypes (Natures and Demeanor) from the Old World of Darkness

Both of these list were compiled by Death Quaker and should get full credit for the hard work

http://www.deathquaker.org/gaming/meritsflaws.html

http://www.deathquaker.org/gaming/archetypes.html

New Orleans and the area around it has room for some interesting Reality Zones, sense the people there often believe some interesting things about the world, and the Bayou has room for some interesting hidden places.

Also, just to give folks a heads up, though some of you already know...the character I will be creating for this is a Virtual Adept, with the Paradigm of Everything is Data, and focus is Reality Hacking. 

My thoughts on New Orleans exactly :)

If you intrested in playing and have a character idea pleas post them so we can work it out (already have two who are working on reality hackers which is fine by the way since one of them is a bit unorthodox)

one thing to really keep in mind is that you do not need to lock yourself into the Mage Sterotypes of the old versions. You the player decides how your character works magic what her Focus is.

Focus isnt what it used to be now its is what defines your Mages practice an dis mad up of Three things which You decide.

1- Paradigm - What you  Believe in

2 - Practice - How you turn your Belief into Action

3 -  Instruments - What you use to Practice your Belief

these three thing add up to  your mages Focus

Excerpt from the Mage 20 PDF Page 256

Focus:

Paradigm, Practice, and Instruments

As revealed in Chapters One, Two, and Ten, magick is an extension of the mage. Belief guides the Arts that shape reality. Thus, your character’s focus is an essential part of who she is and what she can do.

In previous editions of Mage, the term “focus” referred to the various tools a mage used in order to cast magickal Effects or Procedures. In Mage 20, focus becomes a collective term for a character’s belief, or paradigm; his associated practice; and the instruments that go with both. A Hermetic wizard’s focus,

therefore, would be the High Ritual Magick practice and a number of beliefs and tools associated with that practice.

Focus also provides one of the defining differences between a mystic mage and a Technocrat: A mystic might eventually learn to transcend his focus, but a member of the Technocracy is indoctrinated so firmly into her focus that she cannot leave it behind without a major change of beliefs. Technomancers aligned with mystic groups – the Virtual Adepts, Society of Ether, and other science-based willworkers whose worldviews are somewhat flexible – might grow beyond their tech-based focuses in time, but

it takes significant effort in order for them to do so. Tech-based reality favors tech-based Arts, but only the most Enlightened tech-based mages can escape the focus of their views. (For details,

see Character Progress at the end of this chapter.)

A new Mage character needs a focus comprised of at least one paradigm, one magickal practice, and no fewer than seven associated instruments. (Seven’s a mystically significant number.) You can combine existing paradigms and practices into new ones, or add new instruments, if the Storyteller agrees and if that hybrid practice and its tools fit your character concept. In time, your mage’s Arete rating can rise high enough to put those tools aside.

In the beginning, though, a focus for his magick – however he defines that magick – is absolutely required.

What sort of focus could you employ? For an example, let’s use Malcolm Jamal Leonard, our Wall Street Trickster. Combining the ancient High Ritual Magick of his ancestors with a high-tech version of the Art of Desire, Malcolm focuses his intentions through a mix of both. His tools include complex diagrams based in sacred mathematics, crafted to look like spreadsheets; prepared amulets he gives as gifts to business partners; carefully chosen words; the purification baths he enacts each morning; prayers he offers to the higher powers; the rituals he conducts behind closed doors; the specially tailored suits he wears; and the commanding presence he brings to everything he says and does.

Even Malcolm’s gym routines include self-perfection exercises that no one, except perhaps another mage, would recognize as magickal acts. Through these tools and practices, he focuses his intentions and brings magick into his world.

Common Paradigms, Practices, and Instruments

How Focus Works

What does the mage believe? = paradigm

How does the mage turn belief into action? = practice

What does the mage use in that practice? = instruments

All combined = focus

Paradigms (pp. 568-571) these are sample paradigm you can combine mix and match even make up totlly uniqe ones if you want.

A Mechanistic Cosmos

A World of Gods and Monsters

Bring Back the Golden Age!

Creation’s Divine and Alive

Divine Order and Earthly Chaos

Everything is Chaos

Everything is Data

Everything’s an Illusion, Prison, or

Mistake

It’s All Good – Have Faith!

Might is Right

One-Way Trip to Oblivion

Tech Holds All Answers

Practices (pp. 573-586) samples as above

Alchemy

Art of Desire/ Hypereconomics

Chaos Magick

Craftwork

Crazy Wisdom

Cybernetics

Dominion

Faith

Gutter Magick

High Ritual Magick

Hypertech

Maleficia

Martial Arts

Medicine-Work

Reality Hacking

Shamanism

Voudoun

Weird Science

Witchcraft

Yoga

Instruments (pp. 588-600) Samples again

Armor

Artwork

Blessings and curses

Blood and fluids

Bodywork

Bones and remains

Books and periodicals

Brain/ computer interface

Brews and concoctions

Cards and instruments of chance

Celestial alignments

Circles and designs

Computer gear

Crossroads and crossing-days

Cups and vessels

Dances and movement

Devices and machines

Drugs and poisons

Elements

Energy

Eye contact

Fashion

Food and drink

Formulae and math

Gadgets and inventions

Gems and stones

Group rites

Herbs and plants

Household tools

Knots and ropes

Labs and gear

Languages

Management and HR

Mass media

Meditation

Money and wealth

Music

Nanotech

Numbers and numerology

Offerings and sacrifices

Ordeals and exertions

Prayers and invocations

Sacred iconography

Sex and sensuality

Social domination

Symbols

Thought-forms

Toys

Tricks and illusions

True Names

Vehicles

Voice and vocalizations

Wands and staves

Weapons

Writings, inscriptions and runes

ok I have a reality hacker called  i also have a entropy and a ecstatic with life as affinity called . One of these will be come free once the two players which one is going to do which.

If you want to reserve a concept post it here. talking about it in chat will not get it held and this doesnt have to be final  just a

I am thinking of going _________ and ________ is good enough for now

thanks

If I make a character for this game, I'm thinking of revamping my Free-running/Parkour-ing, Skateboarding Thief from Attrition for this, who focuses on personal enhancement. New to Mage society, would probably be an Orphan or maybe of the Akashic Brotherhood if found early enough, with an Affinity for either Life or Mind.

Need to read more on Paradigms, Practices, and Instruments before determining what they are.

Just grabbed a copy of the book for nostalgia's sake and damn! the bloody thing clocks in at 689 pages on my pdf!!! Part of me would really love to to create a character for this...

Is there still room to get in on this?

Even though the Technocrats are the Heroes of the setting (Running water? Hygeine? Printing Press? Good stuff, eh?), I've had this odd idea for an Ecstatic who uses extreme physical activity as a means of inducing physiological changes that result in altered perceptions and  fantastic insight.

For those of you making characters or concepts a note. While the game city is set in New Orleans unlike other WoD games it will not be tied there if anything Mages are very mobile :)

your characters do not need to be native to the city they can be from anywhere in fact not being native could be an advantage.

There will be a reason  for your characters to come to New Orleans at the start and it won't be to party at Mardi Gras

also characters do not need to have prior knowledge of each other but if you wish to establish connections you may.

I have some other things to catch up on for some other games and as soon as i am done with that i will begin trickling in world Information

Thank you all for the interest.

Rubio, the magic of technology has many benefits, but what makes the Technocrats not heroes isn't the magic they use, but the oppression they use it for. There are other factions that embrace technology, but have a more open and inclusive worldview.

I wouldn't mind playing in an OWOD mage game... I've never actually played owod mage and I don't have the PDF yet as I didn't have funds when the kickstarter was a thing.... But I do have a strong grounding in Awakening and I use a lot of flavour from owod in my Mage game...

I also learned Awakening by the practices so I would just need to learn how Entropy is flavoured in comparison to Fate and Death... Or I could just avoid that Sphere for simplicity?

(I for one am a big fan of the Technocrats after they got their own book.... It made them so much more interesting)

upped pre-play xp to 65, 30 was to low...remeber if you wish to start les experienced you can bank this xp

also remember background/prelude storie and Images of chacter will earn additional xp which can be used pre-play.

will be gin fleshing out the setting in a few days.

The Technocratic Spheres are available to ex-technocrats and to some other mages

FROM THE PDF

For the most part, these optional Spheres may be purchased ONLY by Technocratic operatives, as these disciplines reflect the training, research, and conditioning of the Technocratic Union. The exception, Data, is based on innovations by the Virtual Adepts and has since been adopted by technomancers from all over the spectrum.
In most respects, a Technocratic Sphere functions like a mystic one. These three variants, however, have a few noticeable bonuses and limitations, which get covered in the individual entries. A character cannot possess both a Technocratic Sphere and the corresponding mystic Sphere. Doing so would essentially reflect a divided perspective on Reality – believing two related yet opposed beliefs about the same thing.
That said, a character may transition from one to the other if the story supports that transition. In such cases, the character temporarily loses a dot in that Sphere until she has a chance to add one point of Arete, essentially experiencing a revelation that allows her to adapt her old expertise to her new understanding.
At that point, the Sphere returns to its previous rating. The player does not have to spend extra experience points to return that Sphere to its old level, although raising it, of course, costs the usual amount of experience points.

Please everyone don't worry about what others are playing Play the character you want to play specialize in the spheres you want to specialize in. The splats In M20 are not as rigid as the were in past versions you can line up 5 of any given traditions or desparates and none of them would be the same

Fair enough, I suppose that came across as a bit more of a complaint then I intended it to be, but I prefer not to overlap traditions at this point, so Rubio can have the Ecstatic, though I may keep the life focused affinity, as I'm switching my concept to Akashic Brotherhood, .. In fact, I'm going to to use Akemi here, with Martial Arts as her focus.

I am incredibly overwhelmed by the amount of interest M20 has elicited I am very excited that a game I really love and have always wanted to run has sparked that same desire to play in so many of you.

But I am also very intimidated now by that very same thing. Most of you have so much more knowledge and history with the older versions than me I am wondering if I can possibly do a game of mage justice.

When I played mage In High School the game line was pretty much over I think having been replaced with the Nwod. I can't even tell you what version of the Old Mage we played. I was just a player and fell in love with it.

I tried the nwod mage and I didn't like it so I gave up on mage. When they did they kickstarter I jumped on and boom now I have a wonderful book and what I believe is an awesome game. What I don't have is a 20 year history with the old game and the old world of darkness. Yes I now have all or most of the books for old mage (have not read them don't have time) To me they are a resource not a bible.

I think this lets me Take M20 from a different perspective. I don't have a bunch of preconceived notions about how the old world and the new fit together.

I love this game

I really want to run it

But I'm starting to wonder if I am the right person to run it.

I'm fearing that I can't live up to the expectation I see in your collective enthusiasm.

So this makes me a little sad. I don't want to disappoint but the doubt monster has bit my ass big time today.

Now On a less emo wallowing in self-pity note I have recieved two pretty much complete characters now and both are fabulous.

Jer, Rubio I am very happy with what the two of you have shown me. Both of you have given me characters who are unique in my experience and who very much embrace what I think is the essence of M20 “I define my Reality” Both of you have given me Tradition Mages but instead of making your characters fit the tradition, both of you made characters you wanted to play and you made the Tradition fit the character.

Rofl, ok, I'll admit, that is is very amusing, though your going mind, and I'm going to stick to life, I'm still going to use this character, and I think I'm going to stick to Akashic Brotherhood..  I'll think about the focus a day or so, I may stick with Martial Arts, or I might go for something more unusual.

Worry not. For myself, at least, I have no intention of being a difficult player or Canon lawyer (as if such a thing made any sense in a setting where reality itself is up for grabs). I'm happy to be able to participate.

Rubio's Practice isn't really Martial arts...he uses it more as a tool

Remeber Focus is now the combination of three things.   Paradigm (what you believe) + Practice (How you realize what you Believe) + Instruments (The Tools You use in your Practice)

Archived