I will be making my next game post tomorrow. have all spells and anything else done today please.

Hm. That's...okay.

Base TN is 7. The maximum bonus from sphere knowledge is -3 TN.

So it seems like the best TN I could get is 4?

Am I misunderstanding?

I did not reveal all of your bonuses but you can have as many bonuses you are eligible for.... instrument use, quintessence, node proximity, situational, etc.  however your bonuses can never drop a casting to lower than a 3TN which is the case here.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

before i get to much further in depth here I would like to know if there is still interest.

i seem to only have 2-3 players now who i don't have to drag a post out of.

If it real world not letting you play let me know I understand real life trumps play time

if it something im doing or not doing let me know

maybe the game isnt turning out to be what you  thought

just let me know

The main thing here is communication I don't want to keep asking others to post in a game that isnt going anywhere

I'm not mad or upset I just want to know so I can decide what to do

Partly it's the Monday/Tuesday one-two punch thing I got going. And part of it is a lot of activity at work. We've been preparing to get everyone moved out of our offices, so time I might otherwise ponder posts has been replaced by cleaning out an immense crapton of crap and putting it in giant boxes to be disposed of.

But I've also just been having trouble getting into Triessa's head. I'm finding I'm prone to waiting and seeing what other folks do before thinking about what I want to do...which is never a good sign for me. I need to find her voice and get comfortable in her skull again.

I will try to stay up to speed better.

OK going forward i will temper my expectation for posts to only need a response within one week. I will try to make my main story pots on Sunday or Monday. with a dead line for responses  one week from the Wednesday following my post. this will give everyone a full week on your schedules to respond. all i ask is that if you are going to miss the post send me a quick pm letting me know.

combat threads i will continue to do as i did this time and  have you tell me what you intend and include any fluff and i will write the post.

I know PbP is slow but at the same time if one person is slower than the rest and i wait on them we lose momentum which can cause a slow down in other posters (this is what is happeneing) and eventually kills the game.

Also If I am not doing things well let me know I want everyone to have fun. and i am open to feedback to improve my storytelling.

• 2 months later...

ok at this point aside from some rp which you all should do to discuss the situation I need to know you immediate planes.

It is roughly 2pm Mia expects you at the restaurant around 7:30

it is a two hour drive back to the plantation and about another hour from there to the city.

it is about two hours from where you are now back to the city or you can ge to astrarium house from the sanctum below.

don't forget Boogie.

I'd suggest taking the shortcut to Astrarium. We take an hour to the Plantation (3pm), do some looking around for an hour or two (4-5pm), an hour back to the city (5-6pm), gives us an hour or two to do some shopping and get ready for dinner (6-7pm), and a half hour to the restaurant.

Somewhere in there, we dump Boogie off on a bus out of town or throw him on a freight train and he can ride it like a hobo. Kaitlin has no issue beating the shit out of him, but she isn't (yet) cold-blooded enough to just off him and feed him to the gators.

Anyone else have a different suggestion?

I like the idea of looking around the plantation for an hour or so, deciding what to do with Boogie then, then setting off back home.   We can make a short shopping trip for the right attire (even Cade will need something more than what he brought with him) then get ready and meet Mia.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

as you can see in the most recent Post by asa for Kaitlin your keys are calling to each of you. Taking up your key will bring a avatar vision unique to each mage this will also allow you to raise your Arete to level 4. use asa's post as a model and post your visions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have decided that things just aren't working out. I am going to write a conclusion to this plotline myself. I will not kill anyone off.

Afterwards if there is any interest i will reboot the game with some changes.

If there is no interest I will end the game.

nina

• 2 weeks later...

ROTE PSA

About Rotes. Stuff about rote starts on page 601. Even more in the How You do That book. I strongly suggest everyone get some rotes. rotes are good. I will not be as lenient with paradox as in the last game so rotes are an easy way to cut that down.

Pick some make some up But use them they are easier to cast and usually designed to not call attention.

Thank you

Rotes, Procedures, and Other Prepared Effects
Mages like to be prepared. Thus, although freeform realitycrafting is any mage’s prerogative, many characters employ previously prepared Effects – rotes, spells, Procedures, Adjustments, and so forth – as part of their mystic or technological bag of tricks. For simplicity’s sake, we’ll just call such Effects “rotes” for now. Certainly, no good Technocrat would be Deviant enough to use words like “spell” or “magick” to refer to what
he does, but the various terms all mean the same thing as far as game systems are concerned.

Knowing and Learning Rotes
Rules-wise, a rote is simply an Effect that your character has used before or learned from someone else. Some groups teach rotes as part of basic training, whereas others pass them along to their close friends, apprentices, and so on. Beyond the story-based opportunities to learn such tricks, there’s nothing special about a rote. You do not need to spend points to learn one, nor are you limited to a certain number of rotes. If your group wants to reflect the process of learning rotes from some other character or source, simply roll your character’s Intelligence + either Esoterica (for mystic techniques) or Science (for technomagickal rotes), with a difficulty based upon the highest Sphere in that rote + 5. Learning a Rank 1 rote would be difficulty 6, and a Rank 5 rote would be difficulty 10.
If you want to have characters discover rotes through research or mystic/ technological tomes, use a Perception + Research roll with the same difficulties given above. This way, a hidden library or forbidden codex can present new and interesting opportunities for a sharp-witted character.
Naturally, the mage must share a focus with the rote in question before he can use it to his benefit. A Man in Black isn’t going to get far with a voodoo curse unless he adjusts his thinking to accommodate such Deviant ideas! A character who wants to adopt a rote from a different practice or paradigm would be casting that Effect at +2 difficulty, as if he were working with unfamiliar tools… which is, of course, exactly what he’s doing.

OKIES

i need to know who is living at the Astrarium House and who isnt. If your character does not reside there I need a description of where you do live and any fluff you want to add about neighbors, neighborhood etc. doesn't have to a 5000 word essay just a little something for me to work with. Pics are a plus.

Also some of you have not given me anything about your contacts. I need that. and please no more cops. everyone cant have a cop in their pocket this ain't a vampire game :)

shoulld have some info on the chantry posted soon

You're all marbles and conkers if you think Xavier would shack up with these... these... kids.  It's bad enough he had to take time from his self-loathing to actually participate in their shenanigans.

Ugh.

Especially with the Vandersnatch constantly sweating HGH and getting it all over the furniture.  No.  Thank.  You.

:P

Triessa has a room at the Astrarium House when she's around, yarp.

And in my defense for having a cop contact, it's not having anyone in my 'pocket' ya know. :) They just know each other, and are on decent terms. He might be willing to give advice or do a little favor, but he wouldn't risk his job or anything. If I wanted that kind of relationship I'd have taken him as an Ally. :)

Don't be skittish and shy

when posting don't be afraid to add to the story, don't be afraid to add things or non player characters. be bold lead events this is your story. Dont make all your post just reactions to what I post.  No it isn't open world but it is collaborative the more you put in the more we all get out of it.

if you have an idea but are afraid to go ahead with it ask me in pm I will not bite your head off i swear.

same goes if your scene requires the use of another pc. if you don't want to speak for them get with the player explain what you need and let them tell you what they would say or do.

I want to tell a good story. don't let mechanics get in the way, don't let the fact that we aren't all in the same room playing slow you down.

Lets tell an awesome story together

• 4 weeks later...

let me know here where cheshire and Triessa are going they can either go with kaitlin or they can follow the girls who are going to the streetcar stop, btw the streetcar is almost here so it will be leaving in just a couple of minute long enogh for you to get on with the girls or not.

but let me know which way you are going please

Archived