On the Sociological Construct that is Furry Death Machine Society

Or, in laymans terms, who's planning on playing what?

I've got a general idea for a Rahu Iron Master, fresh faced out of his degree and with no idea what to do with all of this "free" time he has. Though depending on some things, I may go Blood Talon instead.

I know SalmonMax was looking at a cop of one stripe or another, but any idea on Auspice/Tribe for him? Anyone else have notions on what they may be looking at?

My own character concept is pending my local domain deciding what is being run with 2.0.

For a Cop the best Tribe is probably Iron Master since their "Prey" is Mankind. Auspice really depends on what his preferred tactics are.

Double Glory, nice. The Blood Talons are interesting. I'm reading through the 2E book myself, to update my knowledge of the rules. I'm liking the overall theme. The Tribes being purposed towards a particular kind of threat was an interesting one. Especially as the Blood Talons as a wholes purpose breaks the Oath. Or at least bends it significantly.

Concept: 57 year old Elodoth Ghost Wolf. Basically, I'm an Engineer whom now owns his own firm. I hire an Accountant that ensures that the rest of the pack (if they don't have one already) has a job and income on the books.

Perhaps I may have even fathered some of the PCs?

I don't want to be Alpha (OOC Sam Holland doesn't want to be Alpha), but if we do go with me being the father of some PCs maybe I was in the past and one of my children is now? Or perhaps the Child of one of my rivals that I was Beta to?

No problem,

I would very much like to have some sons and daughters and maybe even a wife (or an ex-wife) or maybe both!

Basically my character concept is a werewolf has grown "too old for this shit" and now looks after his family why watching his children perform the same mistakes that he made in his own youth.... The difference, of course, is his children and the generation of werewolves that they are part of live in a far more dangerous age of cell phone cameras and a far more observant police force....

"I work at a family owned Engineering firm across the road from Cape Town airport. I trained to be an electrical engineer and, back in the day, I used to get out and do a lot of the work myself. Fixing the electrical components and ensuring that all the instruments worked.

Now I mainly let the apprentices do the majority of the real work and I sit up in my office filling out paperwork. Back in the 70s when I was a Sergeant for the South African Air Force, I promised I'd never end up an officer... Look at me now.

Nonetheless, it keeps family life going and ensures that my kids can afford to live and have their own places. It also gives some paperwork for the rest of the pack whom don't actually have jobs to get rent and credit cards and cars and what not.

Sometimes I wish I went and followed my dream of being a fisherman.... But life would have been far different if I did.... Maybe, one day I can retire... Take my boys out fishing everyday out on my 50' yatch. Ahhhh, it's good to dream. Oh well, maybe one day. "

- Bear Govender

post-3410-0-85953600-1430719011_thumb.jp

Sam, so...one thing I really want to do is have my character pretty new to werewolfery...so I am not -sure- that you being my dad would work 100%. I also want her to be fairly new to Capetown as well. So one possibility could be a child from a previous marriage (or not-marriage) while overseas? Depending on the circumstances, you may not have even known of her...

But even if not a father, there's other possible relationships that could work. Unclery is possible, or maybe even just a mentor that adopted her after her First Change. Lots of ideas.

When you all have a relatively good idea what you want to play, we should also sit down and map out the territory.

Google maps used to be implicitly good at doing these things, but they seem to have taken away those functions. I'm trying to find a suitable alternative; and if not I'll hobble one together quickly.

Megan Lewis will be an expat American coming to Capetown on the advice of her tribe. A singer/songwriter/musician who had a budding career  and a small amount of fame in America and Europe as well as the internet before her change. she has a couple of independent albums and toured America and Europe. She is hoping to start a new life in Capetown where she can escape recognition. Her first change probably took place about a year or so ago.

oh just in case you missed it way up there she is a Cahalith/Blood Talon

He did say Cahalith or Elodoth, so it may not be certain. And it's always handy to have more Elodoth on hand. That ability to force people into or out of Kuruth can only be used once per scene per Elodoth.

On Victoria and Queens, there is a bar with graffiti murals painted tastefully on the walls. Hidden where the lines of one meet the curves of the next, the Auspice glyph for Elodoth is nestled, and between another two, Stormlord. Once you notice these, smaller and with slightly less emphasis, the other four Auspice and Tribe glyphs can be seen. The bar is called "The Lion's Den" (or just "The Den" to the regulars) and in the window there hangs a sign "Spirits served here". The bar does have a rather extensive selection of distilled alcohol, even some distilled in a pot still out back, but there are also three draught taps and a fridge the barman has to kick every now and then to keep working.

He did say Cahalith or Elodoth, so it may not be certain. And it's always handy to have more Elodoth on hand. That ability to force people into or out of Kuruth can only be used once per scene per Elodoth.

Besides, if the current Vampire concept doesn't pull through, I'm going to use Darrik as a replacement, so I may even go with something else entirely.

• 2 weeks later...

In no particular order, so far we have:

1. Kaoleth: Rahu Iron master
  2. Salmon: Elodoth Iron Master
  3. Nina: Cahalith Blood Talon
  4. Gabe: Elodoth Iron Master
  5. Jess: Ithaeur Bone Shadow
  6. Samuel: Elodoth Ghost wolf
  7. Wing: Aaron Imirdum Asilaldil, Elodoth Storm Lord

While I am STing, my toon will not be active in the venue save running his bar and killing any Hosts that show up and acting as a neutral party between the packs until my term is up. He'll be off on Official Storm Lord Businessâ„¢ until then.

Whether we run with the one pack or (better) two pack clutch structure depends on whether or not we get the two more players to justify having two packs if not, it'll be the one relatively large close to fracturing pack.

I'm toying around with an idea for a Cahalith Storm Lord. Half-crazed and covered with scars, he'll tell stories that'll raise your hairs and make your ears lay flat. How much of it is true and how much delusion... hard to tell. Just when you're about to write off a real whopper though... he'll bring some souvenir or nicknack out that seems to support it. He's salty and smelly and... someone you want having your back when things get bad. Of course, when he's around things tend to get pretty bad.

finals are done so i will get my wolfie to you this weekend :P

No hurry, Nina. I'm just trying to form a good mental image of the venue in my brainspace so that I can coalesce the protoplot I have into something a little more solid.

Lists help me.

As do maps.

And pictures, especially done in chunky Crayola crayons.

I'm toying around with an idea for a Cahalith Storm Lord. Half-crazed and covered with scars, he'll tell stories that'll raise your hairs and make your ears lay flat. How much of it is true and how much delusion... hard to tell. Just when you're about to write off a real whopper though... he'll bring some souvenir or nicknack out that seems to support it. He's salty and smelly and... someone you want having your back when things get bad. Of course, when he's around things tend to get pretty bad.

Sounds good. I've taken to spending my programming time in the chat room.

I can't guarantee I'll be 100% attentive until you get my attention. Then I'm all professional.

I'm just currently working on some ST helpers.

So, after the discussion in chat the other day, and thinking it over the last day or so.. I've decided that your lack of Irraka auspice can not stand.  I'm tentatively thinking bone shadow as a tribe, but the hunters in darkness are also speaking to me.

So, after the discussion in chat the other day, and thinking it over the last day or so.. I've decided that your lack of Irraka auspice can not stand.  I'm tentatively thinking bone shadow as a tribe, but the hunters in darkness are also speaking to me.

I am thoroughly glad to hear it. Now I must up my game.

Could everyone, as part of their character development process, please open the page in my sig, go to the maps page and add any thing to the map that they want and, in the description, any approvals that may or may not be attached to it.

I am using the "cromlech" marker icon for the one locus I have planned (which is not to say you can not put in the request for one for your individual packs or personal use {good luck keeping a personal locus is all I'm sayin'}) and the one called boardercross (misspell not mine) for keyed verges. Any other ones you'll find out.

I reserve the right to say "No can have".

Oh, also. Send me the export code that the save button spews out.

The Cape Point area looks lovely, but I think some discussion of pack(s) has to happen before I can note anything down.

Any decisions been made on whether there are one or more packs? Two is probably better in terms of manageability gives each room for growth. Anyone definitely want to fly solo?

I'd rather like to have my character start as part of a pack or join one real quick. Anyone stepping up to lead a pack yet? If no one else steps forward, I could see my character as alpha of a pack. Anyone want to sign up to follow a half-crazed, but battle-tested Cahalith Storm Lord?

The Cape Point area looks lovely, but I think some discussion of pack(s) has to happen before I can note anything down.

Any decisions been made on whether there are one or more packs? Two is probably better in terms of manageability gives each room for growth. Anyone definitely want to fly solo?

I'd rather like to have my character start as part of a pack or join one real quick. Anyone stepping up to lead a pack yet? If no one else steps forward, I could see my character as alpha of a pack. Anyone want to sign up to follow a half-crazed, but battle-tested Cahalith Storm Lord?

We have reached the magic number of 8, not including my toon, which gives us the room for two packs of four with loads of room for growth.

Having read some of forsaken 2nd edition now, I'm finding I like the changes, but on a different note, the character is shaping more in my head.  Irraka Auspice, Hunters in Darkness Tribe, likely going to be assassin facet of Irraka, her wolf side is forming well, her human side is giving me a bit of trouble.

The Cape Point area looks lovely

Just digested this line. For some reason it had escaped my notice.

I'm writing a document regarding the Shadow in Cape Hope, but it needs Dawn's Sign off (possibly even Jess').

Between The Flying Dutchman and the fact that the Cape of Hope sees some truly terrifying antarctic storms, it's not the kind of place you want to be in the Shadow. Not that it's at any risk of becoming a Wound, but that it's Wild and Primal and the End of the World.

It's one of those places in the Shadow that you should just avoid unless you're looking to explore the Deep Shadow or get eaten by a dragon or a weird maggath thing.

If you're comfortable with that, golden, but otherwise you might want to stick to somewhere a little less Wild.

Archived