Flying Is Only Falling With Style [For Players That Want To Help Write The Setting]

Hi, my name is Samuel Holland and I prospective Demon storyteller.

After my exam tomorrow I intend to write up the VSS mechanics and post them as soon as possible.

I will be adding information about the History and the Setting to the VSS around this time next week,

If anyone would like to have an established presence in the City whether as a senior Demon, an authority in an Agency or Ring could please either let me know via PM or here so we can work together to build the world you guys want to play in.

After next Friday players are still welcome to make whatever character they like, I am very good making plots that integrate character concepts... even some of the oddballs... But we only be able to write modifications to the setting that aren't already made....

The reason I am asking this far in advance is so that I can work with the DST to make the Demon venue consistent with the rest of the Domain..

Cheers :)

Concept for a Temporal Agency:

Mission: Maintain Secure Lines of Communication throughout the area (primarily for demons).

This means Couriers, Codemakers, Darknet Users, Spies, Smugglers, possibly even some Bodyguards. Whatever it takes to make sure information moves unimpeded and unobserved from one place to another.

Of note, this a Temporal Agency, not a Free Agency, so this whole thing is a bit mercantile. Information dealing is a secondary source of effort, mostly because it feedbacks into the rest of the pipeline.

The ideas I am looking at vary from a Guardian Tempter to... a Psychopomp Tempter. Yeah, either way a Tempter.

---

So the Psychopomp would be more of... I was thinking in a sort of thief-y original job role, stuff like Without a Trace and such Embeds. So maybe part Smuggler/Stealthy Faciliator.

My job was to take things. Others might do the exact arrangements or assembly of this or that formation, matrices and components. I was a procurer, and for whatever reason, The Big Machine in the Cosmos chose to have a lot stolen. I did that, and well. But.... you know. Just the goods specified. No keepsies, side snatches or the like.

It was in a jewelry store, one of the best. For some reason, a hundred of the finest gold earrings would suit the God-Machine's tastes. Then there was this emerald set into a ring. It was just so pretty. I... just wanted it and took it. I Fell, then and there.

---

The Guardian would be more of a security person.

He had to stay alive, no matter what. And for whatever reason, they came for him. Criminals, the secret police, even some very annoyed vampires and worse. One of those democracy activists in a very closed country. It was tough, but I stopped them all. Then the sensory missive, just as the authorities were deciding damn the consequences and go crackdown in the streets. Step aside at the last minute. Let them kill him. ...Or was it a her, now that I think about it?

Either way, all the hard work... rendered pointless in an instant. That wasn't my job, to abandon him... even if the God-Machine commanded it. I killed a whole swath and got him/her to a safe house... and I realized I was still in the process of Falling.

---

Which looks better to you guys?

I'm game with a Temporal Agency. I have been thinking about Psychopomp Inquisitor with covers in the technical side of the telecommunications industry. Access to information is going to be its bailiwick.

The thousands of mortal hands that build the infrastructure of the world rarely have more than a glimpse of the greater whole. Collectively though, they have built the modern world and all of its telecommunication marvels. We know what guides those hands, for we were once a part of It. With that knowledge we can co-opt pieces here and there and build something for ourselves. We must have hands and eyes inside the system--for it is one system--in order to achieve any hope of security. Once I worked to continue the construction of that system, but now I work to suborn it, and make it work for us. Just as the God-Machine used some of us to direct the thousands of mortal hands to its purpose, so can some of us work to build back doors and side processes, and so much more. Our only hope of continued freedom is in understanding and identifying the machinations of what we face and being prepared for it.

@Gabe OOC : I like both ideas! Go with whichever you feel more comfortable with. :)

@SimpleWordsmith : I very much like the idea that you've built. We should talk to @Dawn OOC to discuss what your character may have influence over in the Region. :)

As always everyone here is welcome to send me sheets whenever they are ready.

Also check out the VSS, which I have tentatively named Original Sin and give me some feedback!

I look forward to seeing even more of this venue developing.

Sam

VST Awakening Armidale

Hopefully VST Demon Cape Town

I was looking at making a Paranoid-Conspiracy-Theorist-Hacker type character. (This being online venue means I can break my "no computers characters" rule.) The fact that he's essentially correct in the macro scale of things (there is in fact an unseen force guiding the world behind the scenes) doesn't actual make him seem more sane and reasonable in the micro-scale of things. (My next door neighbor ordered a sausage pizza when he normally orders pepperoni, he may be on to me.) He's obsessive and meticulous enough to actually get real things done, along with time wasted figuring out the exact timing of the all stoplights in the area.

And with the nature of Occult Physics being what they are, occasionally there actually is something to the strange patterns he dwells upon.

Archived