Glacier

Phoenix returns with a shout out for the old guard.

About ten years ago, the site that was absorbed into this one, EurOpNet, took up a very large chunk of my spare time (you know, before it was devoured by college)... I'm thinking of running an Adventure! game now, and I found my thoughts drifting back here to my old friends: ProfPotts, Ezekiel, Asbjorn, Sprocket, Arye el Kabeer, Cottus Centimane, Skylion, BlueNinja, Operations, Knave, Heritage, Bahamut810, Alex Green, you were all such incredible companions in the weird worlds that we explored together. I know we've all gone in our different directions, but I think of you all from time to time. Shoot me a PM or post in this thread if you would like to keep in touch. (I'll make sure it's set to PM me when I get a message, in case you see this after I leave).

:baaa:

I'm still around here as well, though 90-something % of my time for this site is currently devoted to writing up the Aberrant: Nexus fanbook. It's been a slow process, esp. with a Muse as erratic as mine tends to be. Don't know if I'd do well as a player after so long a dryspell - my last game (Aberrant, natch) was back in 2004 or thereabouts!

Anyhoo, glad to see another old-timer kicking around here.

I periodically reminisce as well, glad to see you're still around. Glacier's "a snow ball's chance in hell" is still a classic in my mind...

You betcha; I have a ton of favorite old moments from those games. Masters forcing Glacier to fight as a nova by beating the shit out of dormed-down John is probably the most classic of a huge repository of classic ProfPotts awesomeness.

Warlords of Tellus was awesome too. One day I'll be able to tell stories like that. :)

Has anyone heard from ProfPotts since the heyday? The disappearance is a bit worrisome, Hope he's alright.

I'm pretty sure he's okay. I recall it was much more of a gradual disappearance, not like one day he was posting ten times a day and then suddenly, nothing. (And hey, not like he was the only one. I feel like forums like this had a lot more attrition in the days before reddit).