Mutants and Masterminds: Deities and Destinies

Aphrodite Pandemos

This is an invitation game. I'd like to get four at least to start it up :)

Accepted

Carver (Loki, shapeshifting and Illusion)

Long6 (Poseidon, Water Control and Talking to Fish)

Malachite (Hermes, Flight and Cyberkinesis)

Nina (Thor, Super-Strength and Weather Control)

Noir (Athena, hard light weapons and armor)

Rorx (Odin)

Declined (still have spot if wanted :))

Asarasa

Forge

Jordan

SalmonMax

Unknown

Heritage

Jeremy

~~~

Long ago, the world was overrun with beings of immense power. The common word for these beings nowadays is 'gods' and 'monsters'. Some of the gods were petty, others not as much. Most of them looked over humanity, though near the end it was coming to a head. They had become too dangerous to exist in the mortal realm. Two thousand years ago a sacrifice was made to metaphysically shift the world. Gods could not interact with the world except ever so slightly, these were seen as miracles.

March 14, 2015. The sky turned red for twenty four hours. During those hours people saw the return of creatures of Greek and Norse myth return to the world. During that time people were imbued with the powers of the Greek and Norse gods. The imbued would either exploit or protect humanity during these twenty four hours. After the red skies were gone so were the monsters, but the imbued were still there.

~~~

Game will be ran on Mutants and Masterminds Second Edition. PL10, 150pp. Ultimate Power is what I will default to power questions for.

Q: What tone are you going for?

A: Heroic, not four color. Think about the stories that come from Greek and Norse mythology. Those should give you an idea of the tone. Not saying you can't be a spandex clad vigilante who wants justice in the world. There are people out there that do that in real life, people with powers are definitely going to try it. But remember, this is 'the real world'. :D

Q: Will there be plot?

A: Yes, but I am not going to put you on a railroad where you can't do anything about it. Also, I'd like for your characters to be more than one dimensional so you can tell stories of your own!

Q: Why just Norse and Greek?

A: Greek is my favorite mythology. Norse is pretty popular about these games too, so I added them. In character explanation is that The Greek and Norse gods and creatures are the only ones that took the opportunity to get back into the world.

Q: Do other realms of existence exist?

A: Yes. Greek and Norse realms exist.

Q: How many have the gods imbued?

A: Depends on the god. Some chose one person worthy enough. Others just shared their power willy nilly. Either way, the human hosts of their powers are their eyes and ears in the mortal realm.

Q: Where are we starting?

A: Pensacola, Florida. 7AM Local time, March 15. The red sky has been gone for an hour and all the PCs are in the city somewhere.

Q: Do the imbued know what's happened to them?

A: Yes and possibly no. Yes, they were visited by a god, either physically or mentally. The god explained what was going on with the red sky (Chaos is loose and siccing monsters upon the world) and zaps you with a piece of their power, whether you want it or not. The god did not explain you are being their eyes and ears on the ground. Though some savvy people picked up on it.

Other questions asked will be put in this post :)

so basiclly the pc's have been imbued with the powers of one of the gods from either panteon... Say my pc was hit with the thor stick. so she would basiclly be the new lady thor

or

did we just get hi with random powers (meaning build a super powered character)

if  it matters i would be intrested much much more in the first than the second

Nina, the idea of the imbued is to be the eyes and ears of the deity that imbued you. They gave you a taste of their power and you can do what they do. Now as to if there is one or many, I was going with many. BUT I'll leave that up to the player when deciding their story. Some deities went 'that one is the only one worthy enough' and others went 'i want to see/hear/feel everything!'

Thanks for keeping up guys. Sorry I had a couple of sick days (food poisoning!) but I will still answer any questions you have :)

So far we have:

Mikala Kalua, Imbued: ?, Powers: ?

Amaryllis Azalea Jonquil, Imbued: Hermes, Powers: Flight and Cyberkinesis

Live Hayley Anderson, Imbued: Thor, Powers: ?

?, Imbued: Odin, Powers: Magic

Plus at least one more knocking around an idea :D

The red sky event was Chaos descending upon the world. It let out beasts and creatures of all sorts. Nice one and nasty ones. Great ones and small ones. While the gods were trying to contain Chaos, they needed both eyes and ears in the mortal realm. So they imbued a bunch of people. You were visited by your god either physically or mentally. They told you of their plight and gave you power whether you wanted it or not.

The Red Sky Event happened from noon GMT March 14 to noon GMT March 15. For about the first thirty minutes the people were powerless, then a rash of people started getting powers to fight or control or whatever to put the destructive monsters away. When the red sky faded away, the monsters seemingly were swept away. Seemingly. You'll hear and/or see reports of stragglers. Some of the imbued are are hunting them down. Others are using their powers to make things nice for themselves while others are using them to protect others.

We're not in a spandex superheroic world (yet?), but weird things are afoot and need investigating. Besides, the red sky only faded about an hour ago!

• 2 weeks later...

Is everyone who said they were on board still on board for this? I have a full character from Nina. Stats from Carver and Long. Malachite was redoing her sheet. Rorx mentioned he was working on his. Anyone mentioned in the first post, give me a heads up if you're still interested or want to join. If I go another week without contact, from at least 4 people I'll mostl likely shut it down.

Archived