Psions Unite! OOC

Rorx

Dark - the other Aptitudes have alternates listed in their respective Order books.

Kono - Sorry if it wasn't clear, we'll be using tbe Linguistics rules from the Core rules, but other skills use the variations in the TPG.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Rorx, I know as you're on GMT, we might not easily meet, but I will be on from 6pm to 4am your time, if there is any time in chat you wanna catch me, that's the best time. Also my Skype is on my profile which can be good for text-based chat. ^_^ Might be helpful to have you hold my hand through some of this as it's my first time. (Note most Saturdays any time is good.)

Also... It BEGINS.

Having given some more thiught, and discussion, to alternates I've decided to reduce there cost.

First dot at a level in a Mode is the usual cost, Alternates are then 5xp at your highest Level in a mode and one xp less each level below that.

For example if you had 3 dots in a Mode the 1 dot alternate would cost 5-2=3xp, the 2 dot would be 4xp and 3 dot 5xp

In the unlikely case someone wants to start with an alternate it will be a straight 2 Bonus pts regardless of dots in the Mode.

according to the rules yes you can choose the alternate as you first pick however (and you might want to get a ruling from rorx if he is going to keep this) you have to buy the original before you can raise your mode since its considered the basic technique.

In regards to alternates new cost, I have just one thing to say: WOHO!!!!

I am almost finished with the crunchy side of my character (just final revue and polish). What format do you want the character? I currently have it as a cost focused text document, so I will have to translate it anyway.

PS. WOO

Text in pm is probably the easiest way to be able to reply/discuss it.

The thought with the Alternates is that they should be more like rotes/spells in Mage rather than having to relearn how to do something of the same complexity.

As long as yo need Os.

So far I have 2 possibles from Darksol, and characters from Nina and 32767.

I know you have a fairly well worked out concept and just need the time to get it into written form/stats so don't worry about it.

Ok, some people wanted to know a bit more about the background of this game/world and where the game is going....

Background

It's this poor mixed up world we currently live in, complete with terror threats, reelections, political tension and disease outbreaks (ebola), but 5 years in the future.

Welcome to 2020.

The Tokyo Olympics will be on this year. The UK's Queen Elizabeth aircraft carrier has just finished her final sea trials and gone on active duty, with its sister ship due to join it in a couple of years. Peace talks in the Ukraine have fallen apart again. Virgin Galactic announced that they will be ramping up from 2 flights a day to 6 flights a day with their 2nd craft coming on line in March, they are also developing Spaceship Two which will be bigger capacity and range to meet a new contract to supply and take passengers to the Bigelow commercial space station. This has been confirmed by Bigelow who also announced plans to open a 2nd space station by the end of the year and two more to follow in 2021.

I'll put other tech developments etc into another post later.

Where do I see the game going, what is it going to be about?

How do people cope with the momentous events that have occurred, and more specifically that have occurred to them. Do they use their new abilities for themselves, their community, all humanity or just try to hide them and forget about it as long as they can? How will society change, and will the players simply be observers to this or will they get involved and try to influence these changes?

With such a massive event questions are bound to be asked like what actually happened, what caused it and perhaps who and why? Will the players be involved in seeking these answers or try to disappear back into their normal lives?

What changes will occur to the world, what new art, media and technology will develop? New Sports? Will this be influenced by the players?

There will be periods of downtime of days, weeks, months and perhaps years as the story of the altered world develops....

The Party

Given the nature of the event, affecting the whole world rather than a chosen group, it would be difficult to justify having a premade group who all knew each other or could be forced together easily. Especially given the open nature of the game as mentioned above. So the characters are just some of the lucky ones, the ones blessed with power rather than remaining largely as they were or dying in the event. They are normal people (initially) taking the same flight like ~700 others. What will bind them together? Perhaps just surviving that flight will be enough for some to stay in contact and develop interests that they can help each other with? Others might recognise others that have changed and seek out people for support and for aid in developing their abilities?

Ultimately as time goes on I do have a way of pulling the party together by outside means down the line :)

I hope this helps give a better idea of what you are in for.  :)

Quick question for people.

What time flight do you want to be on? Choices are early morning about 0730 or evenings from about 2000 to 2300. That's leaving NYC JFK. Its a 7 hour flight so thanks to the time difference you arrive 12 hours later.

I really don't mind, but if I had to choose (ic, not ooc) I would choose the night flight. That said, I would probably just take the first flight (which would be 2000 for a normal day, or 0730 if he ran late (at his previous job))

Okay this is confusing. I wager people wouldn't arrange their flights in a way where they would have to be wherever they need to be next morning, they'd give themselves a day to adjust first (of course with a long nap on the plane to help lessen the blow)?

That and Rebecca (no matter the background) She'd take a flight to arrive in the morning so she has a whole day to herself.

It's not a big deal about which plane we take. Sleep on the plane, then do stuff after you land, and turn in a bit early, instead of arriving late and renting a room while not doing anything your first day in town. If your character planned on doing it that way, just assume a cancellation or delay happened, and you're on the night flight.

We're all on the same plane, whichever one you really want Rorx, and that is that. Game started.

Ok, looking at the current timetable there are two morning flights to arrive in the evening, these would require you to check in around 6am. There are 18 flights between 630pm and 11pm arriving about 12 hours later so between 6am and 11am. The market is clearly driven by the business using who wants to prep at work during the day, get the flight and 5-6 hours sleep on the plane then straight off to the meeting on arrival in London. This will be the CEO's plan, also he doesn't want to get up at some awful time in the morning for the early check in.

Unless of course Zoe wanted to influence him to go a day earlier on the early flight....?

Attention!!

Noetic Sensitivity is now a 1pt Merit, or a 2pt Flaw as it duplicates another 1 pt Merit, and the Flaw version is obviously worse than the Merit is a bonus.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programme....

Archived