Shadowrun - How Pink Was My Mohawk?

Charlotte

So I've gotten one or two comments about the overwhelming nature of the system, which I confess I'm feeling also. I do want to run 5th Edition Shadowrun, but: reading, and mastering, all the subsystems in the various other books is taking me a bit longer than I figured.

Would anyone be adverse to dialing the starting level back a shade, to strictly core-book-only and default play, with the understanding that I'd be generous with nuyen and karma and there would potentially be some SURGE goin' on down the line, to get things going faster? Or would folks rather stick with it the limited access to later books and the higher level of play, with the understanding that it'll take me a bit longer to get up to speed?

Let me know what you think.

I'm gonna go with "yes" for now, BUT: 

The big drawback is that with most any other character, I do number checking via HeroLab, but HeroLab doesn't have Run Faster as a module yet. It's coming, but in the meantime, I will have to check i by hand so it will take a bit more time. Not much, but a bit.

But yes, the pixie is allowed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks. Update on the game: unfortunately, a big ol' plate of Internal Audit soup has landed on my work desk, so I cannot make any commitments for the month of February. This, combined with my as-yet imperfect grasp of the system, means the game is shelved for now.

I do want to run it on the far side of this pile of happy horseshit at work, and I'm going to use my space time between now and then to more fully grasp the system, which may necessitate a scaling back in scope.

Hope to see you all later! Sorry to have led you along like this, and hopefully it's only temporary.

• 1 month later...

Hey folks. Figured I'd dip in with an update. Unfortunately, it's nothing good.

Garbage February has turned into Garbage March with no end in sight, as it turns out a lot of places like to do their year-end around this time of year. It's not really fair to keep people waiting, so I'm going to say that for now, this game's not going to happen.

I do want to run Shadowrun someday, but it won't be for a while yet. Sorry, all.

Archived