Game Proposal: Tara

Dawn OOC

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds interesting, but I would like to read more on the system first before and how things are done before deciding on anything.

All the documentation is available up-thread, in the first few posts of the thread. Let me know if you have questions.

[Nina] 5:50 pm: carv...how bad is the crash?
     [Carver] 5:54 pm: The Mel will never fly again. She took the landing belly-first, which is good as the people were in the upper levels but bad in that it cracked her in two pieces.
    [Nina] 5:56 pm: so i am assuming that there were casualties among the cryotubes or no?
     [Carver] 5:56 pm: Yes, there were.
     [Carver] 5:58 pm: The cyro rooms ran most of the length of the ship's spine, so some people's tubes were pierced by debris or thrown a great distance.

More questions that should be of interest: 

[Forge] 10:57 pm: dreams in cryo? yes/no?
     [Carver] 10:57 pm: Up to you.
[Forge] 10:57 pm: ok
     [Carver] 10:57 pm: It's an individual effect.
[Forge] 10:57 pm: is age suspended?
     [Carver] 10:58 pm: Yes. 
[Forge] 10:58 pm: k
[Forge] 10:58 pm: how far should we write to?
     [Carver] 10:58 pm: Once you move out of your immediate area, stop.
[Forge] 10:58 pm: and are we in a giant hangar like area or in smaller rooms?
     [Carver] 10:59 pm: The room is a large hanger that stretches the length of the ship.
[Forge] 11:00 pm: is the damage viewable from where Morgan is? sunlight?
[Forge] 11:00 pm: not sure how big the ship is
     [Carver] 11:00 pm: The ship is huge but in two pieces now; it cracked from the stress of landing. It's up to you how close to the crack you were.
[Forge] 11:01 pm: fair enough
[Forge] 11:01 pm: landing in daytime side?
     [Carver] 11:01 pm: Yes,.
[Forge] 11:01 pm: and since im on a roll of questions, how many moons does the planet have, if any
    [Carver] 11:02 pm: Two.
[Forge] 11:57 pm: how long does defrost take?
     [Carver] 11:58 pm: About 5 minutes but side effects can last for hours (in extreme cases).

[Asarasa] 12:05 am: While in cryo-sleep, can we have anything more than boxers and an undershirt on? Like a chain or necklace, wedding ring, etc?
     [Carver] 12:06 am: You shouldn't since that's one more thing for medical to take off of you if there's a problem. If you character wanted, they certainly could wear something.
[Asarasa] 12:07 am: Okay. Next, if we brought any gear or other items with us, is it stored near or under our cryo-bed, or in a seperate 'luggage' area?
     [Carver] 12:09 am: Behind the bed in a compartment built in near the head.

Okay - I got a post out, but left it open for Polina to help - if she can help him brace a foot or leg, he can get the leverage he needs to lift Talina over his shoulders himself without risking falling over the edge. Jack will explain what he needs if asked - he also speak Russo-Euro well enough, though he has a pretty rough accent. Or Polina can come with some other way to help. Or Talina can continue the post and hopefully Jack's plan will most work instead of getting both of them killed.

Or something else I haven't considered from those mentioned or not mentioned can happen. I'm pretty good with going with the flow. Hopefully, we won;t get eaten by the birds before we get off the damn ship! :P

Guys, moving forward, I think I'm going to schedule plot posts on Wednesdays and Sundays. I think that should give people time to reply and means I don't have to take big steps in each post. 

To be an active PC you'll need to post once a week on average. I get that RL screws with people and sometimes folks get busy so it's not like a week without a post means you'll be dropped. It just means I'd like to see weekly activity from people.

If you have an issue and can't post for a while, just let me know. I'm cool with absences due to real life.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, just a point of clarification - where is Rochelle in relation to the group at the top of the lift. At first, I thought she was at the bottom of the shaft, but it was pointed out to me that she is on the other side of the breach. But it looks like she was looking up to see the creature and us. So, I'm guessing she is on the other side of breach, but still a ways off the ground, but her side of the ship is laying lower than our side of the ship?

Just need a bit more of understanding, so I know what we might get into, if some of us are climbing down or up.

I will of course Edit as necessary.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So as we said/threatened at the start of this game, we’re still working things out. One of those things is how bosses work (Yes, the 5 named NPCs with write-ups are considered bosses). The way I thought it worked was that bosses work like PCs, but that goes against one of 5C’s core rules: the ST really doesn’t have to do any rolling. They are meant to be Target Numbers, modified by circumstances in the game, for the PCs to reach.

The Conflict happening between Talina, Moira, Gabriela, and Bellamy is the first case where PCs are in conflict with a boss. Bosses get full sheets instead of TNs like every other NPC. As such, I shouldn’t have rolled but we didn’t have great rules for target numbers on bosses. We now do, which is that for each die in a skill, they are assumed to have rolled a 5. This makes bosses tough, we know, but they’re supposed to be.

The way to beat them is through Assisting: “Assists are actions that give a flat bonus equal to your die pool in the skill to one other character. Dice granted by Advantages do add to the bonus. You cannot do an Attack and an Assist from the same column in one Tick. Assists can apply to Attacks or defense, and can occur in the same Tick as the assisted character or a different Tick. Cross-column Assists are at half your die pool.” (pg. 7)

As an action, you can declare that you’re assisting another PC, which adds to their roll. In fact, multiple PCs can assist another and “gang up” on one target. To Assist, just declare where and with what skills, and the next attack of the character assisted adds a +1 for every die the skill to their roll.

As always, see us for questions.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived