[M&M OW/Collab] Alpha World

Sailor OOC

If you were serious, then I suppose I may have allowed my own bias to color the matter, I am somewhat uneasy about major religious characters as player characters in a game, though I don't have as much of a problem with connections to major religious figures, if that makes sense.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're keeping Villians as NPCs. But if you want to go the extra mile and make a villian for everyone to use, well, we'll give ya a nice hug.

As for "gray" characters, keep it on the light side of gray.

As I said, she'd not be a psychopath.  The best way to explain it is True Neutral, leaning towards the good side of things.

I don't know what to think at this point. What does everyone else say?

6: The theme is 4-color, so identities have to be hidden for logical reasons, and the players are of generally a well functioning moral and ethical compass.

Does this idea violate this rule?

...how is this difficult?

The character is a good guy.  Just not the type to sit about and play patty-cake with people.  Batman is 4-color and he's far from ethical or moral.  Keep in mind the guy is clinically insane while he intentionally knocks out teeth and breaks bones unless the thugs give up the information he wants.  My character would be nothing close to that ruthless.

That... That I can live with, actually, Dave.

Here's why... That explained your angle. Thanks. ^_^

I'm sorry, I was honestly confused, and sorta reaching to understand what you were shooting for.

Oh, as I'm building a Mercenary... can it be a good angle that she hires out to protect humanitarian missions (Like Doctors Without Borders, etc) and playing bodyguard, or heading to warzones once she knows who is a side that ethically and morally needs help?

Sometimes even Pro Bono, because reasons.

So... is that a good theme to the concept? Think A-Team here.

Is there a single city we'll be playing out of or will people be scattered all over the world.  Also, are we using any of the M&M material, like cities or organizations or is this basically Aberrant (a scientific event makes people super) with M&M rules?

Alright, for shits and giggles this is the character I worked up.  Being female she will probably be the second character I introduce (so those of you who play only females can have first dibs) but it helps to have the PC ready.  In the next few months I can use the time to fine tune it.  I'll post up my Spider-Man concept later.  He's pretty much already done, since I've played him before, but with my new knowledge of the system I might be able to tweak him a bit better.  She'll be modeled loosely off of Black Cat, as soon as I find a pic I can beg Vivi to edit.

Critique.  I'm curious on ways I can improve it or change things that aren't accurate.

Contessa “Lasombra” Danae

PL10

===Abilities===

STR 1 | STA 2 | AGI 8 | DEX 8 | FGT 8 | INT 2 | AWE 2 | PRE 1

Abilities : 64

===Powers===

**Deadly Aim**

-Training: Enhanced Skill 3 (Ranged Combat: Guns +6) • 3 points

-Independent Aim: May use any two range weapons of Damage 5 or less at once (Feature 1), Enhanced Advantage 1 (Ranged Attack) • 1 point

Powers: 4 points

===Equipment=== (70 Points, Equipment Advantage)

**Utility Belt** (Array, 18 + 18 Points.)

-Mini-Grenades:

-- Explosive Grenade: Ranged Burst Area Damage 6 • 18 points per rank.

-- Flash Bang Grenade: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 6 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; Impaired, Disabled, Unaware) • 1 point.

-- Gas Grenade: Ranged Cloud Area Affliction 6 (Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated) • 1 point.

-- Hardening Foam Grenade: Ranged Affliction 9 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized), Extra Condition, Limited Degree • 1 point.

- Collapsable Batons: Strength Based Damage 4, Subtle (concealable) • 1 point.

- Throwing Spikes: Ranged Damage 5, Improved Critical 2 • 1 points.

- Gasmask: Immunity 1 (gases) • 1 point.

- Rebreather: Immunity 2 (suffocation) • 1 point.

- Shadow Pellets: Enhanced Advantage 1 (Hide in Plain Sight) • 1 point

- Swing Line: Movement (Swinging), Speed 2 (8 Miles) • 1 point.

- Zip Line: Flight 3 (16 miles), Gliding, Limited to between two points, Platform • 1 point.

- Commlink: Feature (Communication Link) • 1 point (2 points if Subtle).

- Cutting Torch: Damage 1, Precise, Linked to Weaken Toughness 1 • 1 point.

- Digital Recorder: Feature (recording, audio, photo and video) • 1 point.

- Evidence Kit: Feature (tools, Investigation), Feature (Investigation Bonus +2) • 1 point

- First-aid Kit: Feature (tools, Treatment), Feature (Treatment Bonus +2) • 1 point.

- Flashlight: Environment 1 (light), Subtle • 1 point

- Lockpicks: Feature (tools, Technololgy), Feature (Technology Bonus +2) • 1 point.

- SOTA Multi-tool: Feature 2 (reduce penalty -5) • 1 point.

- Restraints: Feature (restraint) • 1 point.

- Tracer Bug: Feature 5 (tracking signal, audio signal, 10 mile range) • 1 point.

- Wrist-Comp: Feature (tools, Technology), Feature 2 (Technology Bonus +5) • 1 point.

**Shadow Suit** (24 points)

Kevlar Weave: Protection 3 • 3 points

Active Camouflage: Concealment 4 (All visual) • 8 points

Adhesive Grip: Wall-Crawling 2, Enhanced Skill 2 (Acrobatics +4) • 6 points

HUD Tactical Lenses: (Darkvision, Low-Light Vision, Distance Sense, Tracking) • 7 points.

Modular System: Feature 1 (Incorporates applicable equipment)

Sword: Damage 3, Improved Critical 1

Light Pistol: Ranged Damage 3

===Advantages===

Agile Feint, Attractive 1, Benefit 1 [Ambidexterity], Benefit 2 [Cipher], Benefit 2 [independently Wealthy], Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 14, Evasion, Grabbing Finesse, Improved Aim, Improved Grab, Close Attack 7, Improved Trip, Languages 3 [English, Japanese, Russian, Italian], Power Attack, Precise Attack 2 [Ranged; Cover and Conealment], Quick Draw, Skill Mastery [Acrobatics], Uncanny Dodge

Advantages: 46

===Skills===

Acrobatics 8 (+16), Athletics 6 (+7), Deception 3 (+4), Expertise: Burglery 3 (+5), Expertise: Criminal Law 3 (+5), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 4 (+5), Investigation 4 (+6), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion 2 (+3), Ranged Combat: Guns 1 (+9), Sleight of Hand 4 (+12), Stealth 4 (+12), Technology 4 (+6), Treatment 4 (+6), Vehicles 2 (+10)

Skills: 29 (58 ranks)

===Offense===

Initiative +8

Unarmed +15, Damage 1

Explosive Grenade +9, Ranged Burst Area Damage 6

Flash Bang Grenade +9, Ranged Burst Area Affliction 6

Gas Grenade +9, Ranged Cloud Area Affliction 6

Hardening Foam Grenade +9 Ranged Affliction 9

Collapsible Batons, +15 Strength-based Damage 5

Throwing Spikes, +9 Ranged Damage 5 (Crit 18-20)

Sword +15, Damage 4 (Crit 19-20)

Light Pistol +15, Ranged Damage 3

===Defense===

Dodge 11, Parry 11

Toughness 4 (6/w Defensive Roll)/7 (9 w/Defensive Roll), Fortitude 2, Will 3

===Power Points===

Abilities 64 + Powers 4 + Advantages 46 + Skills 29 + Defenses 7 = Total 150

Well, the belt is assumed to incorporate room for everything (a bit of a stretch, I know), but a lot of the equipment is small or collapsible or worn on her suit as part of the outfit but still considered part of the belt.  Like her collapsible batons would be worn one on each thigh in the spirit of Daredevil, but still technically considered utility belt, not part of her costume.  Factor in sliding things into boots, gloves, a small array of pouches on her belt, and you have the complete Batman package.

Ever notice how he has that massive cable gun... but it's nowhere on his belt?

Well, the belt is assumed to incorporate room for everything (a bit of a stretch, I know), but a lot of the equipment is small or collapsible or worn on her suit as part of the outfit but still considered part of the belt.  Like her collapsible batons would be worn one on each thigh in the spirit of Daredevil, but still technically considered utility belt, not part of her costume.  Factor in sliding things into boots, gloves, a small array of pouches on her belt, and you have the complete Batman package.

Ever notice how he has that massive cable gun... but it's nowhere on his belt?

Dave, I was making a joke. Most iron age supers were the epitome of "Tacticool". As in pouches everywhere. It was a riff on the style of Rob Liefeld. :P

I understand the whole "compactable gear" concept. ^_^

I think my whole issue was just some building frustration with my process more than anything. Sucks as before I said I'd quit, I had a solution in The Gale.

I'll have something for Dawn and Long to chew on with this.

And Max, please sign up. :D I'll still look at characters too.

Also, I have updated the faq with the current Quintet that is the "Steering Committee" as it were in regards to who is in charge of the game.

Any one of these 5 you can refer your character to, and as per the rules your character must be reviewed by two members of this group for it to be accepted.

Archived