Sign in to follow this  
Quantum Fire

Paragons OOC

Oh...

As for my situation, it's very fluid, perhaps I should have just given a heads-up that I may disappear for a stretch of a couple days if things go from bad to worse.

Tomorrow and Tuesday as the place I'll be hiding from the heat from will have WiFi I will definitely be getting Sakurako posted when I get an official approval.

And basic setting details complete, further setting details are up to you folks as the players, if something can fit into this setting one way or another, I'm more then willing to allow you to go for it.

I'm thinking I may allow one to gain 2 to 3 experience for a side story arc, which would not have to be run to by me, but more character development, roleplaying and interaction between your player characters.

Hey, sorry I don't have my character complete yet, I know the date for that was the 24th. The last few days have been pretty hectic, but I should have time to finish the character stats for Ari tomorrow. I hope that's okay.

Hey, sorry I don't have my character complete yet, I know the date for that was the 24th. The last few days have been pretty hectic, but I should have time to finish the character stats for Ari tomorrow. I hope that's okay.

This is fine, I ended up being less available on Thursday then I intended due to being called into work early, going to shift the first post slightly to a new years party to allow players to interact with each other a bit, rather then my original intent, and give you folks still working on characters a bit more time.

However, those of you who had characters ready to post and posted them by the 24th.. gain something for meeting my deadline.

So Seraph, Siren, Incubus, Helix, Erebus and Endeavor get the following:

Meeting Character Creation Deadline: 5 Bonus GXP

Should I spend my GXP before posting in Activation? Sort of want to get "Self Analysis" before it's too late.

Oh, and is the party a formal gathering?

Nevermind, just dived on in. :D

Looking through the character stuff.  Do we have any automatic background points in backing for being part of the Paragons?  I couldn't find that referenced, but for some reason I keep thinking we do...

Edited:  Actually, is there just a character creation thread I'm missing?  I found the one that gives the general templates and such, but I feel like I'm missing some info somewhere.

As far as I know, we start with no intrinsic dots in Backing with the Paragon - we are grunts in the organization unless you assign points to it yourself... or if Krul assigns some to us at a later point.

As for a character creation thread, it should all be here. The first spoiler in the first post details some houserules, the second has the templates, and the last spoiler gives some examples of Vices and Virtues, which Krul is using in place of the standard Nature mechanic.

I put everything regarding character creation under the Character Design thread, as referenced by the above player.

As to backing, I didn't assign any free points in backing, mainly because the organization is just formed, and you've just been asked to join, unless you purchase points in backing, which at this point, Puck and Endeavor are the only one's who have. 

Actually, I'm slightly amused by the fact that the two most intelligent and creative members of the team are the one's with backing, though it makes a good degree of sense for them to have it.

Hmmm i didn't even think about backing. Since the organization is new but as per my history I've been around the guardians  for a few years and presumably  the Paragons, due to my mentor :), since its inception what if any would be an appropriate level of backing for a character such as helix?

I missed that chat, what is GXP as opposed to EXP?

General Experience (GXP)

Template Experience (TXP)

General Experience can be spent on anything, Template xp can only be spend on things that are under your template, body modifications and more quantum pool are always in your template, but if a power can be show to be significantly in theme with how your template expresses itself (such as Siren purchasing powers that revolve around music) template xp can be extended to it as well.

from the Character creation thread

:)

Well, Helix, depends, to some degree, having a powerful mentor such as yours, or have a collective mentorship such as Cassidy's, or a high influence such as Darrik's can cover for such things, but if you wanted to fit better, backing 2 or 3 within the paragons would be appropriate.

True, but Eden, the most populous only has about a Million or so, doesn't it? (A pretty good achievement for a spherical station as a typical O'Neil Cylinder could house half that.)

Heheh...Helix being the resident psychic is the one person who can legally get away with responding to in-character thoughts as opposed to dialogue.  :D

i though you two were talking about the threat reposrts I missed that it was internal dialogue case i wasnt being careful whilke i was running around working. anyway i fix my post so it not mind reading any more but maybe something else... Ill be more careful in the future. im just showing my newbness.

She technically responded to inner monologue, but since it went through so smoothly I thought she had telepathy in her powers with TK.  :lol:

Sign in to follow this