Quantum Fire

Aberrant Proposal

lol im not easily scared off

Also a fan of MIss Marvel I see. Also, what are you thinking of building? (I also invite you to our chat.)

Huge Ms marvel fan :)

but im not going to make a clone of her im leaning toward a warper

I haven't read all the back posts on this yet, but I'm thinking about throwing my hat into the ring on this one. :D Thinking of playing the telepath or the shape-shifter template. Will post later this evening with more info.

Welcome Nina, and Kylie and while your both certainly welcome to submit a character and concept, at the moment the warper is semi-closed unless AceWildCard has changed his mind.  For that matter, I really should go ahead and put down the templates that are taken. 

Now, if I have a submitted character sheet or serious background, it's fully closed, but if folks are still tentative, then I have indicated Semi-Closed, then it's mainly that they have expressed a good degree of interest, but I don't have a sheet yet, however, they have dibs at this point.  That lasts until the 20th however, if I don't have a submission for that template by then, it's up for grabs.

Biomanipulator: Closed (Puck)

Blaster: Open

Brick: Open (Multiples allowed, if differentiation between characters is significant)

Cipher: Open

Clairvoyant: Open

Controller: Semi-Open (Multiples allowed, if Controllers are different enough from each other.)

- Closed Controller Concepts: Darkness Controller (Erebus), Water/Weather Controller (Undine)

Dominator: Closed (Darrik)

Icon: Closed (Siren: Cassidy)

Molecular Master: Open

Scrapper: Closed (Seraph: Maia St. Croix)

Shifter: Closed (Aradia)

Speedster: Open

Stalker: Open

Telekinetic: Closed (Helix)

Telepathic: Open

Tinker: Closed (Endeavor)

Warper: Closed (AceWildCard)

Wizard: Semi-Closed (Possibly Janos)

have settled on playing the TK, and have actually found that i Like the concept I made for her more than the one i was making for my proposed warper.

I will be playing Melissa "Lissa" Teal. A young (21) woman who erupted 5 years ago and has been living and training on Eden since her traumatic eruption. Her Nova Name will be Helix if that isn't already taken in this world.

queston concerning the world and our templates.  I know in basic Aberrant the powers are the same but what makes us unique is how we define and discribe our powers. Does that stand true in the Paragon world? i mean since all conflagration class novas have a template and all have the same base/core powers and weaknesses within that template, is the way i discribe my powers working and looking unique to me or are we all using quantum the same way because of the templates? is there any variatons within a given Template?

Also do we have a rough idea of the numnber of known/varified conflagration level novas and a rough estimation of breakdown by template?

oh im not talking about other players i mean with in the world. Its what i liked about aberrant was the uniqness of your characters because of the way you defined and discribed how your powers worked thru the quantum. i dont wantt all the TKs out in the world to have the exact same abilites as me and i definatly donot want thier powers to work the same way as define/discribe mine

They have the powers of the template, but they don't have whatever you chose to do with your personalization points (about half of the omegas out there only have about 10 points of personalization points, or less, and non of them, even those who have more points, will have spent them the way you do).  Also, how you describe or see your powers are different for everyone with that template, if your telekinesis creates a blue aura around things that you use it on, no one else does that.  And if your force field has projection or wall, or both, your the only tk with those extras on force field.

For example, Cassidy is the only Icon who has Mega-Manipulation as high as the rest of her social megas, making her the most socially capable Icon in existence, and no other Icon has the Clarity and Tactful enhancements either.  She is also the only icon as musically focused as she is, while there are other icons with musical talent, non of them have the Bardic Gift enhancement or her talent with Manifestation, or have Holo focused on sound rather then image.

I'm a special snowflake! :P

But what I think Nina was asking was more along the lines of does every TK have the same basis for their powers - like are some more like the Psychic Jean Grey telekinesis, while others manipulate Gravity in specific ways and others use Force Constructs like the Green Lantern?

I think the disconnect here is that Aberrant, like other systems such as Champions, is based around the idea of "player defined special effects."

In normal Aberrant, TK could be TK (which is to say mental manipulation of matter/motion), or it could be force constructs or whatever.

However, in Krul's world this is altered, and TKs are defined in the pure, Jean-Grey like form.

We have more powerful characters, but their powers are more strictly defined.

ok I just needed a bit of clarification for my background and i now have it thanks everyone

:)

So other omegas have less points?  Meaning we are literally among the most powerful of your kind...no wonder we had to come up with nemeses.  There's no way to be this powerful without making someone else angry.

question (and not the last i am sure) I have never as aplayer had to make a nemesis for my self. I am assuming that i am not actually making the charcter but rather just a description of who it is  and why he hates me. is that the right idea?

thanks

Well Mr. Pixel (Saku's nemesis) doesn't hate Sakurako but sees her as a challenge... Of course being the worlds greatest hacker you'd want to test your skills against the best the Paragons have to offer, I wager?

For personal reasons I am going to be stepping away from the game.

So, after some thought, I'm going to go for individual character threads, rather then all under one thread.. characters should use the following template when I give clearance to post your sheet.

Topic Title Should be: [Paragon Character] Character Name

It should also have the Tags: Character, Aberrant: Paragons

Content should include the following

Picture or Pictures (optional)

Name

Code/Nova Name

Template

Virtue

Vice

History (Should include eruption)

Character Sheet (In spoilers, I would like sheets to be set up as follows, for ease of reference)

Attributes

Abilities

Mega-Attributes & Enhancements

Backgrounds

Powers

Willpower

Quantum 5
Quantum Pool: 30

Permanent Taint:

Temporary Taint

Aberrations (including Template Weakness)

Soak

Health Levels

Movement

Merits and Flaws

Other

Ace: If you have no body modifications that give extra bashing and maimed conditions, you only have the basic set of health levels. As for soak, it's mentioned in the area on character creation, and has a section in combat as well. I don't have my physical book on hand (with dog-ears marking the page) so I don't know the page numbers off hand.