Mutants & Masterminds:[M&M 3e Proposal] A Long Vacation [closed]

Sailor OOC

A Long Vacation...

Hello. Here is that idea I promised.

At some day in the near future... maybe a few days from now, your character is teleported to an island. It's a small island, but it seemingly has everything you've wanted in a private get-away. Also you feel different when you arrive. As if there is a new power within you...

When you look up the sky seems to be in an eternal sunset as the sun is a reddish color, and you can feel the air is warm and the sea inviting. And somehow you know there are others at other islands around you... in fact you know where all the islands are and where someone could potentially be... but not who or why.

All you know is, now you got a lot of thinking to do on what to do next...

The concept of "A Long Vacation" is to explore a mysterious world, or to meet up with others in this region you've ended up in, or simply live out a new life. It is obvious you are not on Earth anymore, and the sky and stars and sun are definitely not Earth's. But, you are indeed different now. You're stronger or smarter, or more powerful as a result of this. but what is the purpose of being sent to these islands?

The Character Creation rules are simple.

Power Level 10, Standard Points

1 power point for 3 skill ranks

No Time Travel, Precognition, or Postcognition.
No immunity to needing to eat, sleep, drink, or breathe, or otherwise need resources to survive.

Note while you can start with any equipment (including vehicles) of your choice, if they break down and you can't find parts, it's gone.

I require a minimum of 3 complications. 1 Motivation, and 2 others.

I will advance characters slowly in this game... perhaps 2-3 PP a thread.
I also want 1 post minimum a week from players.

Also earned Hero Points carry between threads, and everyone with 0 HP resets to 1 at the start of a new thread.

Once you make your character you and I will discuss what sort of surroundings your little settlement will have, as well as what is in the house and what sort of vehicle you will have (even if you can fly or swim).

As a bonus... here is a map of the area... You will get to select your island among the group. You may even start with a fellow player if you wish. Also if you wish you may start on a large yacht of your choice. You will have to know how to operate it, though.

MbUNxF6.jpg

One note, the very large island in the south islands... no one can start there.

I think I'll add a little more.

1: This is a ST driven game. Although I will play off what the players wish to do. If the players want to work together, then that is what will happen. Same if everyone wants to do their own thing. I'd prefer everyone be in one or two groups at some point, though.

2: This isn't going to be a game about survival, although where you are you may occasionally have to look for food and drinkable water away from home.

3: I've also added a few things to the introduction. In regards to Adaptability in particular.

I should make a note that is incredibly important about the location everyone will be in. Outside of that group of islands it seems there is nothing but ocean, also if you get more than 100 miles out from said islands your power starts to drain, more rapidly the further away you are, until your powers completely vanish. Also any movement powers outside of combat outside of the zone slow then become non-functional.

It would be wise to either consider only quickly leaving the area for short periods, or use a vehicle. Otherwise be prepared for treading water or falling out of the sky (or both).

It's interesting either way, though I'm not sure how many folks are interested out there, if you want to limit things specifically, M&M is easier to do so, but everyone loves abberant games around here.

Now that I've switched to M&M I should make one expectation clear, you aren't going to be capes and tights... unless that is what your character's escape is. In fact this is something that I should make clear. The island your character gets is part of their ideal escape. This also includes what sort of powers and the theme they have is. It's their power fantasy made real.

Archived