This is incomprehensibly silly...

Sakurako Hino

Wonderful! The lead's characterization is ironically funny in a really good way. It's also a good example of common sense and/or "anime savviness" in action.

If I'm not mistaken, that comic is a great new idea in the making for a very meta comedy anime. I'd love to see it developed so that they could poke fun at and/or lampoon all the major anime genres out there.

A thought that crossed my mind... what if no matter wherever she went she would run into common tropes in that country too...

US: She has to dodge a bald older gentleman trying to recruit her to his school for "gifted youngsters", a angry looking African American with an eye patch trying to recruit her for the "Avengers Initiative", and a rather bookish librarian trying to recruit her to fight things coming out of a "Hellmouth"...

UK: Constantly hounded by either a crazy man who seems to live out of a old police call box wanting her to come with him, or some rather dashing american chap in a blue military coat who has taken an uncomfortably close interest in her.

You can run with this sooooo hard. The one girl that everyone won't leave alone...

Archived