Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dave ST

Mutants & Masterminds:[Emerald City] Clique, Clique, BOOM!

Recommended Posts

As the alarms sounded outside Caleb & Sons Jewelry in Downtown Emerald City three young women ran from the site and hopped in a brightly painted Lamborghini that was hot pink and purple. The driver was an attractive woman with bright blue hair. Her passenger, an incredibly athletic looking woman with her purple hair tired up and long bangs hanging down either side of her face, appeared to be covered in a shiny, pink lacquer, like her skin was a candy shell. The third, who hopped in the back of the convertible, was a lovely Asian girl, her black hair cut short.

,,

“Again,” said the Asian woman. “I have my doubts.”

,,

The blue haired girl grinned and floored it as the sounds of sirens echoed in the distance. The Lamborghini peeled out of the parking lot and streaked down the highway along the river front, heading west towards the Ports. “Relax, Pixie,” The beautiful woman cooed. Her confidence bolstered the Asian in the back seat. “Everything's under control. We got this.”

,,

Pixie relaxed some, her thumb gently massaged a metal cylinder strapped to her thigh. “We just, don't need all this. I could have had it by now...”

,,

“We'll get what we want,” the athletic, candy coated woman spoke up. “Without an excessive body count, Pixie. Crush, floor it. Loose the police so we can get on with this.”

,,

With a sly smirk The Crush floored it. “You two both need to relax. I see the police, Jawbreaker.” She swerved around a corner and from the exhaust a billowing black cloud of smoke consumed the squad cars in pursuit. One slammed his breaks and another rear ended him. The last of the three swerved and slammed head on into a parked car. She looked out her mirrors and smiled wide before letting out a laugh. She stroked the dash lovingly. “That's a good boy. See? I told you Jay Bee... We. Got. This.”

,,

All three ladies smirked triumphantly as they rounded another corner and sped south towards Red River Bridge.

,,

Cryostorm, The Gale, and Lux Lucis. This is your thread, you may hear about the crime in a number of ways. Maybe you saw the accident with the squad cars, heard the alarms trigger, or you're one of those nosy people who sit around listening to the police band all day. The ladies are alert, so surprise is going to be difficult. The Lamborghini is headed south in excess of 100 mph.

,,

If you decide to go on the offensive, let me know and we'll start a combat going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...about 400 feet above Emerald City...

,,

A bright yellow and black form streaked across the sky, moving along the escape route of the fleeing jewel thieves as they dashed away. Velma heard of the robbery when she was taking a nap at the TV station before heading home for the day. Sadly that wouldn't be without incident now. Crime never sleeps or keeps hours. Velma had changed into her costume in a shed behind the station before taking off, and now the heroine of the storm was in route.

She wasn't sure if others would show up, but she could handle three thieves and a speeding car... but seeing they were in a high-spec sports car, that made things harder. It was moving at a great speed and what The Gale wanted was to reduce the possibility of injury to bystanders and the criminals themselves. They might be breaking the law, but they deserved a fair trial none the less. And with care of not harming the citizens of the city.

,,

Then she saw the smoke screen then was impressed. Impressed to take action. She flew down matching their speed on the city streets, deciding to get a closer look at the situation and their further capabilities before taking action. She wasn't sure if her yellow rainslicker costume and black cape has started to make the rounds among the criminal element, but she was sure there was about to be trouble none the less.

These guys were professionals, and probably armed. Better for her to draw fire than have them wildly shooting at the police, or causing more accidents.

,,

She started to attempt to pull alongside the thieves. "Pull it over!"

,,
Notes
I don't know the identity of the thieves in the car IC, and when she left to see what was going on The Gale probably missed all of the description of those inside the car. And no, not flying with the hat. Hood is pulled up. Hehe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paul had decided to walk back to work from his lunch break. As it turned out, that was a good decision (though fate hadn't yet decided exactly how it was to end). He saw the garishly painted Lamborghini put out a smokescreen and was on the sidewalk side of the car that the police cruiser slammed into. This looks like a job for... oh, how corny! Paul slipped quietly into an empty alleyway, sent a quick text to his dad saying that he'd be a little late, and then slipped on Azaroth's amulet. A blinding flash of light filled the alleyway as well as Paul's mind and even down to his soul. Out of the blinding flash stepped Lux Lucis, clothed in armor made of light and shining as bright as the noonday sun. And like the flash of light that he was riding, Lux shot out of the alleyway and in pursuit of the car that had evaded the police up to this point.

,,

Lux could keep pace with the car and then some, but it still took him a little bit to catch up with it. In fact, by the time he did, a flying lady in a rain-slicker had already caught up with them. He heard her give the ladies in the car the imperative to pull over, and gave the flying lady a tip of his helmet in acknowledgement. He then flew a little out in front of the car, hoping that his brilliance would entice them to at least slow down somewhat. "It'd be awful bright of you three to follow the lady's advice."

,,

Not doing anything overtly offensive, just flying enough ahead of them to be an annoyance and using his create light ability to hopefully make it more difficult to see and thus make them slow down. If that doesn't work, then it just doesn't work, and he's just a second flying hero telling them to pull over (and a somewhat better target while at it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Seriously?!?" The blue haired driver quirked a brow. "Did he just?"

,,

"He did." Said the pink, hard shelled passenger.

,,

The driver looked to The Gale and rolled he eyes. "I don't know what's worse, you super goody types, or that you actually go out in public wearing that!" With a an obscene gesture every lady in the car put on a pair of designer sunglasses. "Sweetie. Get us out of here."

,,

With that request the sports car revved its engine and took off like a bolt through the mid day traffic. "Later loooosers!"

,,

With pinpoint precision the sport car began weaving itself through traffic. It managed maneuvers that were deadly and most of the time was missing cars by only an inch, at best. If that blue haired girl was indeed driving, then she was either incredibly good at what she did, or was getting damn lucky. People layed on their horns and yelled from their windows but they had to yell at was a hot pink blur.

,,

The chase is on! You have no obstacles, being in the air, aside from a few road signs and lamp posts and larger vehicles (semis). They have a ton of obstacles, namely all the traffic.

,,

They scored a 24 on their check (DC 20). They succeeded by one degree.

,,

Make a flight check (D20 + Flight). Against DC 15. Your goal is simply not to fail. If you fail by two or more degrees, you are out of the chase. If you succeed by one degree (matching their success), you keep up pace with them, if you succeed by two or more (exceeding their success), then you you may pass them. The more you succeed by, the farther you may pass them.

,,

You have a set limit to catch them. If they gain three degrees of success over you at any point, or the time runs out... they get away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flight Roll
Rebecca OOC *rolls* 1d20: 12+6: 18
[Rebecca OOC] 7:20 pm: Looks like I'm in the chase for now.
One degree of success

"Did they?!? They did! Those Hussies!" The Gale muttered. The car wasn't hard to keep up with for now, although it was stressing her ability to not only keep up but keep herself from hitting street signs or girders. This had to stop and quickly, and their obscene gesture did not help. The Gale's eyes glowed white for a moment through her goggles before she raised her right fingertip, the smell of ozone could be smelled clear as day as the ions in the air moved about before snapping into attention to The Gale's mental command.

Suddenly an arc of electrical power, the very primal force of lightning itself surged from that extended finger! Her goal? To smack the car's console and cause the vehicle to shut down and die on the road. The lightning bolt cracked from her to the car...

Rolling to hit with my Lightning bolt - DC 25 Save
[Rebecca OOC] 7:22 pm: Heh.
[Rebecca OOC] 7:25 pm: Rolling for zappitude.
Rebecca OOC *rolls* 1d20: 16+10: 26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lux Lucis had to pull up to avoid becoming like a bug on their windshield as they sped up. Lucky for him, he was able to fly in a straight line, over the traffic that they had to drive through. Otherwise he might not have been able to keep pace with them.

,,

Well, the polite response didn't work. Time for a more measured response. This time his voice was louder, to overcome the ambient noise, and less amicable than before. "You may have glasses for the glare, but you cannot escape the Light of Justice!" And with that a beam of light leapt from his outstretched hand towards the engine (apparently in the back from the layout of the car). Hopefully a hole through or at least into the engine block would cut this chase short... and with a minimum of collateral damage.

,,

[stargaizer] 8:54 pm: flight check


Stargaizer *rolls* 1d20: 10+6: 16 ,,

[stargaizer] 8:55 pm: attack w/ ranged light attack
Stargaizer *rolls* 1d20: 9+13: 22

,,

If it hits, it's vs. a DC20 toughness check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The passenger and the driver swayed towards the doors as the blast of light seared into the console, destroying the radio and killing the music. The bolt of lightning exploded off the hood in a shower of ozone and sparks, leaving it's hot pink surface marred and charred black. The vehicle swerved and almost struck a semi, missing it by inches. It sideswiped a small hybrid sedan, causing the driver to swerve off the road into the girder, but it didn't look the occupant suffered any injury.

,,

"Oh you did not just mess up my favorite toy!" The driver yelled. She cast off her glasses and turned around in her seat, a glare of pure malice directed at The Gale. "Jawbreaker, Pixie... lets waste these fools. Boy Toy, my sweet..." She got an evil smirk as she glared at The Gale. "Light. That. Bitch. Up."

,,

The vehicle sped forward incredibly fast and then trunk raised up, not opened, it raised up, like a G.I. Joe toy or something, and underneath it were a series of small cylinders and quickly the heroes cursed their luck. Missile tubes. Of course! Why not?!? Didn't those come standard on all Lamborghinis now a days? Without warning the tubes launched a barrage of micro missiles. The rockets streamed through the sky towards the heroes and then suddenly, *clink!* they burst open into a series of smaller, lighter rockets and set about exploding the whole area, trapping the heroes in the blasts.

,,

Drivers slammed their brakes and scent of burning rubber filled the highway as the area devolved into pure chaos.

,,

Revenant *rolls* 1d20: 16: 16 + ?? Toughness = Success. No Damage to the car.
Revenant *rolls* 1d20: 12: 12 + ?? Toughness = Success. No Damage to the car.

Revenant *rolls* 1d20: 16: 16 + 12 Driving check vs DC 20. 2 Degrees of success. (You must make at least 1 degree of success to stay in the chase.)

,,

Micro-Rocket Attack! Burst Area Damage.

Revenant *rolls* 1d20: 12: 12 + 12 for The Gale's Dodge = Success. Toughness save vs. DC 15
Revenant *rolls* 1d20: 7: 7 + 6 for Lux Lucis's Dodge = Failure. Toughness save vs. DC 19

,,

To expedite combat, I've rolled your defenses for you, and I'll leave the rolling of your Toughness saves to you. Some of you may not like the idea of me rolling your defenses, and I understand that. Remember, I use the same dice roller you do (most of the time) and it helps us get this done faster. Saves like Fortitude and Will and even your defenses, I don't mind leaving for you guys to handle, but in the case of large attacks like Bursts and Area attacks, it's easier if I just roll for the group as a whole and we react from there. If you're adamant about rolling your own defenses, say so in the OOC. I'm not here to screw you guys, I just want the game to move forward, both in and out of combat.

,,

Now that everyone has said 'Hello' in their own special way roll initiative.

,,

The Clique attacks as a group and have a combined initiative score of 15.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Initiative: 23
[Rebecca OOC] 3:54 pm: Anyways right... Initiative time!
Rebecca OOC *rolls* 1d20: 15+8: 23
[Rebecca OOC] 3:54 pm: Not bad...
,,
Toughness Save: 24
Rebecca OOC *rolls* 1d20: 16+8: 24
[Rebecca OOC] 4:25 pm: No problem. Didn't even dirty my raincoat.
,,
Flight Check:26
[Rebecca OOC] 3:55 pm: Now for that all-important flight check...
Rebecca OOC *rolls* 1d20: 18+6: 24
[Revenant] 3:57 pm: That's 2 degrees.
[Rebecca OOC] 3:58 pm: Outstanding. You cant outrun the gale of justice!
,,

The Gale moved through the explosions, her cape whipped from the concussion of the many micro-missiles, but she was still coming, the rage of the storm building within her. The Gale glared. Dodging the micro-missile barrage was well within her skill, then again what if the missiles were just a prototype? That thought left her mind as action was now needed. This car and it's passengers needed to be stopped immediately. Particularly with these amazonian terrorists deciding to test out weapons of mass destruction against the road and their travelers. How many people are just trying to live a normal life, going between their job and home or doing important work for the community? Velma saw that all the time with all the human interest stories she's seen. Like hell she will let these three cause any more havoc.


Velma drew a deep breath, then in a split moment there was a flash of light in her eyes before she let out not only tornado-force winds, but a shout clear to be heard across the city. "I SAID PULL OVER!!!!!" she shouted. If those girls haven't seen what a EF5+ Tornado could do to a car, they are about to sadly find out. The Gale just hoped that they were buckled up and there was airbags. Because they were in for some chop.

Movement Action: Staying within 60 feet of the car in flight.
Standard Action: Cone Area Move Object 10
- 25 tons, 60ft Cone, Limited Direction: Pushing away, Reduced Range: Close
Free Action: The shout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lux Lucis didn't dodge all the missiles... and quite frankly he didn't need to. Those that didn't bounce off the plates of light exploded harmlessly against them... well, mostly harmlessly. The explosions threw him off course and forced him to pull up. Both of which to such extent that he lost persuit of the car. It wasn't hard to follow them from up higher, but he was out of range, both of his attacks and hopefully of theirs as well.

,,

And so he followed them, from high above, impotent to do anything but wait for them to slow down, stop, or be forced to do either one of those. "Justice is patient, but you can't outrun the light forever."

,,

[stargaizer] 9:08 pm: Rolling Init


Stargaizer *rolls* 1d20: 14+2: 16 ,,

[stargaizer] 9:12 pm: Toughness save
Stargaizer *rolls* 1d20: 12+13: 25

,,

[stargaizer] 9:09 pm: Flight Check
Stargaizer *rolls* 1d20: 4+6: 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cryostorm was having a rather average patrol that day. After saving a dog for almost getting hit by a car, stopping an errant purse snatcher and even returning a wayward balloon to a grateful 8 year old girl, Cryo was feeling pretty good. Then came the explosions a block or so over by the highway.

,,

Pouring on the speed and Ice, Cryostorm flew over the nearest building, his Ice bridge weaving under a billboard for a local radio station. He witnessed a high speed chase between a hot pink Lamborghini firing off what looked like miniature rockets as it sped towards the Red River Bridge and a couple of supers he didn't recognize. As he joined the chase in an effort to catch up he evaluated what was really going on here. As the sports car weaved dangerously though the traffic, seemingly unconcerned at the danger they were putting those around them in as they sideswiped other vehicles and and shot off volleys of missiles, Cryo concluded that they were the most dangerous threat in the situation. He waffled briefly in concern for the devastation they were leaving in their wake but renewed his energy in the chase as he realized no one had yet to be seriously hurt by their antics. He aimed to stop that.

,, ,,

[Jordan] 11:20 pm: Initiative...


Jordan *rolls* 1d20: 5+7: 12
[Jordan] 11:21 pm: meh. okay onward. Flight check...
Jordan *rolls* 1d20: 9+5: 14
[Jordan] 11:21 pm: ugg... not the chill one's day...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Layered plates suddenly unfolded from behind the back seat and it took only a moment after the car was pushed up and off the ground by The Gale's wind blast that the vehicle had a hardened roof that protected the occupants inside. The power swept the car up and threw it into the crowded traffic. It slammed into several vehicles and tore through the lanes as it rolled down the way before coming to a stop as it slammed into the rear of an SUV. Vehicles slammed their brakes as drivers tried to stop in time. Some succeeded, while others didn't and the result were cars rear ending each other and piling up around a single a pink Lamborghini that rested on its side.

,,

Slowly it shifted and fell from its side back onto all four tires. The plated pink canopy folded back and the ladies inside looked a little shaken up but none the worse for wear. They ladies got out of the car, Jawbreaker looked angry, snarling at The Gale as she slammed the door. Pixie was emotionless, she hopped out of the car with the grace of a natural gymnast. "Are you out of your mind!?!" screamed Crush, the blue haired driver.

,,

The car began to rattle and literally fold itself, metal plates shifting and moving, shirking down while other components expanded all with a metallic whir and that familiar sound those one movie vehicles made when they became... yep, you guessed it, robots. Although he was considerably smaller than one would expect (6'6") for something that was just as big as a Lamborghini, all of his weapon systems suddenly flared out like on Iron Man's suit and compressed themselves back into their hidden slots with a 'hiss'. His frame was blackened and charred and showing signs of skidding across the asphalt. He reached his hand out and tore the hood off a sedan. It crunched effortlessly to his robotic strength and he pressed it to his 'injured' chest. Instantly the metal was broken down into something resembling liquid metal and it smeared itself over his injured parts, sealing his injuries and restoring the glistening paint job.

,,

"Fine." Said Crush. "You wanna dance, we'll dance. We have some time to kill anyway. Boy Toy and I will take bucket head. Jawbreaker, Pixie... you get the air head fashion victim."

,,

"On it." Jawbreaker said, slamming her fist into her palm. Pixie said nothing. She walked forward behind Jawbreaker, pulling the small rod off her thigh. It a single motion it expanded to the size of a bo staff.

,,

Lux Lucis and Cryostorm - It will take you 2 move actions to get to the combat zone (meaning you will not be ale to attack this round). If you choose, you may spend a Hero Point and arrive there in one move action, allowing you to still take an attack action this round.

,,

The stage is set and the scene is simple. The Gale has made it difficult for The Clique to leave, since she caused a pile up. The Crush is considered to have 'Partial Cover' (-2 to your attacks against her, +2 to dodge Area attacks) since she's using Boy Toy as a 'shield'. Jawbreaker and Pixie are heading off in the direction of The Gale.

,,

The Gale = 23

Lux Lucis = 16

The Clique = 15 (Boy Toy is holding his action)

Cryostorm = 14

,,

The Gale is up first.

,,

Note About Hero Points - In case it needs to be said, every story starts with each PC having one point. More are awarded as the story goes on, but they do not carry over into other fictions (unless it's stated otherwise, of course). So if you end this story with 4 Hero Points... you go back to having 1 Hero Point when the next fiction starts. The only way to really waste a Hero Point, is to not spend it at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well... no one said nature was precice in it's wrath. That and to be honest this was The Gale's first real fight. Seeing the carnage caused first by the missiles but second was her knocking the now obviously a robot car through traffic... this had to end, and perhaps sooner rather than later. The Gale stood with her right shoulder pointing towards the group while pulling back her hood with her left hand, letting her braided into a ponytail hair drift in the breeze caused by the air around them returning to normal. The reflection of the two in her amber-colored goggles.

,,

Seeing how there were people about, this wasn't the time to suddenly drop or raise the temperature... it was time to be more direct. But she couldn't act right now. There was two of them and others as well and she wasn't sure of anything just yet. She needed a moment to assess what these two were capable of. The lithe girl with the really clever staff was probably a powered martial artist, and a good one. The big one called "Jawbreaker"... well that one was probably about the less graceful but quite as dangerous art of fists breaking bone.

,,

If anything... these first few moments were gonna hurt. And badly. But at this point...

The Gale, hovering above the ground makes her first move and flies up and away to 35 feet from them and the street... if they wanted to bring their melee skills to bear they would have to leap to her. If they can do so, and she wagered the big one might have the leg strength to pull that sort of vertical off. Therefore she made a tactical choice as she forcefully and quickly leveled her right hand at Jawbreaker. She knew they weren't gonna stop. Not now.

,,

"I'm so sorry..." The Gale said, unleashing another lightning bolt, aimed right for Jawbreaker.

Lightning Strike Roll - Result: 23
Rebecca OOC *rolls* 1d20: 6+10: 16
[Rebecca OOC] 8:59 pm: Spending a hero point on that.
[Rebecca OOC] 9:00 pm: I am going to HP a re-roll
Rebecca OOC *rolls* 1d20: 3+10: 13
[Rebecca OOC] 9:00 pm: So with +10 that's a 23
Movement Action: Fly up to an altitude of 35 feet, and just as far away from Jawbreaker and Pixie.
Standard/Attack Action: "Lightning Strike": Ranged Damage 10 - Range: 250/500/1000, DC 25
Free Action: What The Gale says...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lux Lucis flew in at full speed, but stopped just inside his accurate range with his light beam. He watched everything that went on, and was honestly impressed when the hero spawned tornado picked up the car and threw it into traffic (luckily a quick survey of the scene didn't show any serious injuries or situations that needed to be immediately addressed). His draw dropped, however, when the car transformed into a robot. Well, that explains a lot...

,,

The shiny pink skinned lady and the blue/purple haired driver started going after the other hero who had come to the scene. The remaining passenger and the transformer car both faced Lux. Ok, my opponents have been decided. "Turn from your life of crime and step into the LIGHT!" Lux yelled (to cover the distance) as a blazing bolt of light shot from his two outstretched palms and sped towards the car that the last previous occupant was using as cover.

,,

HP remaining: 0

,,

Hovering around 490' away from his targets/opponents (short range of light is 500')

,,

[stargaizer] 9:43 pm: Ranged light attack
Stargaizer *rolls* 1d20: 17+13: 30

,,

If that hits, Toughness save vs. DC 20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The air smelled of ozone as lightning streaked towards Jawbreaker. The candy coated hard body didn't stop advancing though. Like a polished mirror the bolt of electricity struck her and she smirked, adjusting the angle of her body she arced the bolt down her own arm and before The Gale knew it, the bolt was on it's way back!

"Sorry for what?" Jawbreaker asked grimly. "Didn't feel a thing. Pixie, bring her down."

Reactionary Re-Direct - Result 26
Revenant *rolls* 1d20: 19: 19

Lightning Bolt - Your Toughness DC is 22.
The redirect lowers the damage effect from 10 to 7, not as powerful, certainly deadly.
Jawbreaker is holding her actions...



Pixie nodded and was off like a shot. The wreckage provided her with all the advantage she needed. Already capable or prodigious leaps, the young acrobat sprang onto a car, then onto a semi trailer and then finally launched herself towards The Gale. With all the silence of a whisper Pixie had attached herself to The Gale. Her legs locked about her waist, tightly and while not particularly powerful the young Asian's attack were precise and brutal. One blow after another her fist slammed into The Gale's side until finally she unlocked her legs, and vaulted off from the weather witch, making it a point to slam her staff across the side The Gale's head as she landed gracefully onto the ground.

Attack Action: Attack - Revenant *rolls* 1d20: 7: 7 + ?? Hit!
Melee Attack Effect - Your Toughness DC is 21.
Fast Grab!  Failure.  The Gale succeeded in defending herself from Pixie's hold attack.

"Oh my god..." The Crush had to smirk. "Is this guy serious!?" When the light smashed against Boy Toy's chest, searing into his circuitry, her narrowed in anger. "Okay, seriously... I'm still making payments on him! Quit with the robot hate!"

Boy Toy staggered, a charred pock mark from the beam still had a soft glow of molten metal, but it didn't slow the machine down any. No matter what he seemed to remain in front of Crush, ready to defend and protect her regardless of the cost. His eyes turned red and the targeting software kicked in effect. The palms of his hands began to emit a azure glow until he raised them up at Lux Lucis and two dazzling blasts of white hot plasma streaked off in his direction. The blasts were so accurate that they slammed into his armor and almost knocked him out of the sky.

"Careful! I don't want them dead." She swept her hair forward over her shoulder, smirking devilishly. "Besides, I wanna see what's under the helmet." She glared at Lux Lucis, who was attempting to recover from the impact, and smiled in his direction. Now that he could see her more clearly she was stunning. "Sweetheart, let's get acquainted..."

Boy Toy failed his toughness check by one degree, he's at -1 to further Toughness checks.
Attack Action(Medium Range -2 'to hit'): Revenant *rolls* 1d20: 20: 20 + ?? Critical Hit!
Plasma Blasts - Your Toughness DC is 28.
 
The Crush
Attack Action: Using a power on Lux.  Will resistance DC 20.
To Lux Lucis and Cryostorm (when he arrives), The Crush has a Presence of 10 and Attractive (2 Ranks).
To The Gale she has a Presence of 5 and Attractive (1 Rank).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cryostorm poured on the speed as the brief but intense wind storm rocked the sports car back and caused a major pile up. He watched the Lam transform into a human sized robot and the girl with the candy coating reflect lightning back at the weather girl as he drew to within 100 feet of the melee.

,,

With only a split second to analyze the situation, Cryo decided that taking the robot out of commission should be his first priority. "It's time for you to Chill out metal-man!" He yelled to get the bot's attention as stream of ice erupted from his outstretched hands and flew towards the pink automaton.

,, ,,

Using a Hero Point to get into the fight.

,,

Free Action to yell at the Robot.

,,

Move Action to move to 100' from the robot

,,

Standard action to attack with Cumulative Ranged Affliction 7

[Jordan] 10:57 pm: Rolling to attack with the Icy Snare
Jordan *rolls* 1d20: 14+10: 24

If that is a hit, The Robot needs to make a DC 17 Dodge roll to avoid getting Iced up. Failing by 1 Degree makes him Hindered and Vulnerable, failing by 2 degrees makes him Immobile and Defenseless. The target will have to use Strength to overcome the Snare

,,

Favored Environment-Urban is set to Active Defenses this round. That makes his Parry and Dodge both 8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[Rebecca OOC] 3:09 pm: ok
[Rebecca OOC] 3:09 pm: Gonna make my toughness rolls here...
[Rebecca OOC] 3:09 pm: which are +8
Rebecca OOC *rolls* 1d20: 1+8: 9
Rebecca OOC *rolls* 1d20: 7+8: 15

Velma gets slammed with the lightning bolt she had tossed at Jawbreaker, only to have insult added to injury from Pixie. She slides back, her cloak smoking and singed and a lightning pattern now embossed on the arm of her coat. Not to mention the excruciating headache from having Pixie knock her one in the head with her staff.

The world wasn't staying steady, and she didn't feel steady either. She needed to get some distance from herself and the crew... perhaps her wanting to stop the criminals quickly wasn't the best plan. That and it seems the other heroes that have showed up are not organized. At least not yet.

,,

She shoots up from the battle ground to 300 feet to assess the situation. That was all she could do as long as her left arm was screaming to her from the singe of her own attack, and having been knocked for a loop. That, and to improve her tactical situation.

,,

"Watch out for the big one! She can reflect attacks!" She shouts, pointing out Jawbreaker before shooting up into the sky.

Staggered - Can only take Free actions, or Standard Actions
-2 Toughness
 
Movement: Fly up to 300 feet
Free: What the Gale said...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The blasts from the transformed car took Lux Lucis by surprise. The hits burned straight through his hardlight armor and the shock of actually being hurt dazed him for a moment. And while he was dazed, the other hero, the one who had chased the criminals with him, got struck by her own lightning bolt, beat up and whacked in the head by a staff, and was looking a little woozy on her... flight... as she backed away. Not to mention the fact that his opponent (not the car) was actually noticeably attractive... and apparently the car was now frozen in a block of ice.

,,

His head was clouded, but he did hear the warning that the shiny lady could redirect attacks. Through the haze in his head, she seemed more of a threat than the frozen car or the pretty girl hiding behind it. So he turned his attention, and his beam of light towards her. And this attack came without warning, since he was too dazed to come up with a snappy one-liner.

,,

[stargaizer] 7:32 pm: Toughness save vs. DC 28
Stargaizer *rolls* 1d20: 1+13: 14

2 degrees of failure: dazed until the end of My next turn (only free actions and 1 std action) and a –1 to future toughness checks (effectively +12)

,,

[stargaizer] 7:41 pm: Will save vs. DC 20
Stargaizer *rolls* 1d20: 11+11: 22

1 degree of success

,,

[stargaizer] 3:58 pm: Attack check vs. Jawbreaker
Stargaizer *rolls* 1d20: 6+13: 19

,,

If that actually hits, toughness DC vs. 20 (rank 6 damage (magic, light) effect)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×