Mutants & Masterminds:M&M3E Emerald City

Dave ST

Rev, can I use this power?

Time Stop

You can put time on “pause”, freezing the entire world and allowing you to move and look around at the tableau at your leisure. You cannot affect anything while time is stopped (for that, see Temporal Ambush). Still, this power allows you considerable opportunity for scouting and surveillance, such as stopping time, walking into a place and having a good look around before walking out and restarting time again. Your effect rank determines how much subjective time you get; with rank 9, for example, you have an hour “outside” of time to do things, then time returns to its normal flow. The Subtle modifier means no one notices you “move” when time is stopped.

Time Stop: Quickness (Subtle 2), Speed (Subtle 2), Quirk: Limited to routine actions while active (–4 points) • 2 points per rank.

Yes, but the Rule of Rev applies: if you irritate me with it, I kick you in the junk.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, real quick guys:

Don't worry about spending PP on equipment that involves 'everyday life'. Smart phones, lap tops, iPods, home PCs and a car are sort of a given. Most people gain those through RL experience and jobs. There is nothing super about it.

The caveat though is simple: don't be a derp. If your character works as a clerk at a local 7-11 then he's not driving this years Lambo. Lifestyle gear is free. If you have to ask me 'would this be considered lifestyle gear?' then the answer is prolly 'no'.

Headquarters, even if it is your house, have to still be purchased.

Hey, real quick guys:

Don't worry about spending PP on equipment that involves 'everyday life'. Smart phones, lap tops, iPods, home PCs and a car are sort of a given. Most people gain those through RL experience and jobs. There is nothing super about it.

The caveat though is simple: don't be a derp. If your character works as a clerk at a local 7-11 then he's not driving this years Lambo. Lifestyle gear is free. If you have to ask me 'would this be considered lifestyle gear?' then the answer is prolly 'no'.

Headquarters, even if it is your house, have to still be purchased.

Glad to hear that! I will probably convert that PP into something other than Equipment, then.

Oh that's good to know. Although I'd wager getting a kevlar vest totes isn't lifestyle, particularly one custom tailored for your costume. And yes, My character will have a few levels of Benefit: Wealth. I might end up making something of a roost for us in terms of a HQ. And yes, first version of my build, I managed to actually have about 20 PP left.

Jordan - I don't really have a problem with Cryostorm having a 14 Toughness I have a hard time seeing it as justified. Using other energy controllers as a reference none of them have Staminas that high.

Now, if its a sustained protection power, like ice armor, or an ice shield that could be shattered. That makes more sense. I still think 14 is a bit high, but they're your points.

Hey Rev, I actually used the Elemental Archetype to build him so he's kinda of a half and half brawler/blaster, as per the Ice Elemental build (although I pushed the protection a little higher). The 14 toughness comes from an Alternate Form that takes a Standard Action to change in to, so there will be times when he's not protected.

Also, I did take the stereotypical weakness complication for an Ice guy (Fire & Heat) so he still has his weaknesses...

They'd be wasting ammo. Trust me. Bullets are just another form of hail to The Gale.

Actually I'm not sure if I simply push the bullets with a wind until they've stopped in mid-air, or I have a combination of kevlar and good positioning (Defensive Roll FTW).

The Gale is submitted.
Was flying overhead doing my weather report with the traffic guy in Channel 11's chopper when the silver storm hit. A crash and some scary moments afterward Velma discovered she was the only Meteorologist on earth that could control the weather...

Don't blame her for bad weather though.

Alright, so far I have:

The Gale - Rebecca

Miss Mystery - Vivi

Cryostorm - Jordan

Kything - Carver

Lux Lucis - Stargaizer

I'm missing Miracle Girl's full write up, but I do have her statistics. We may just begin without her

Archived