Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier

Dawn OOC

Yeah Hawkeye got the shaft (*ahem!*) in Thor and the Avengers both. I hate to say it but I think Jeremy Renner was miscast. It's like...Hollywood really WANTS him to be a leading man (see: The Bourne Legacy), but he's just missing something. Not sure what, maybe looks, maybe charisma. He was great in the Hurt Locker but I haven't really enjoyed him in anything since.

You admit that he has gotten fewer lines and less chance to play his character than the others, but then judge him to be miscast? That's a little rough. ? I personally thought that he showed good acting/charisma/etc during the "You and I remember Budapest very differently" line.

I don't know what he was in the Bourne Legacy, but in MI: Ghost Protocol, I thought he did a great job (in fact, he was the only reason I finished that because Tom Cruise wasn't carrying his weight there). You like him in the Hurt Locker. How about we give him a chance to show us more before we decide that Marvel/Hollywood goofed? :)

ETA: It's definitely not looks he's missing, either. ;)

Can you at least agree he's almost no chance to show us what he'd be like as Hawkeye? And that maybe we should give him more than a handful of lines, many of them delivered while he was under instruction not to act like Hawkeye and instead be Loki's Hand Puppet?

This is the first movie I've gone to see in over five years. I was very pleased with the experience and have decided that I'm going to try to go see each of MCU movies as they come out in theatres. I don't think I can handle the loud noises (or in six months or so, finding the babysitting) necessary to see movies in-theatre more often than that, but the MCU movies are just beautifully done and exceptionally entertaining for me. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was very "Meh" on this movie, because they took elements of Civil War, and the Aftermath of Secret invasion, as well as a core thing that happened that I truly hated Marvel for. They brought back Bucky. The entire first 2 decades of my life no matter who came back in DC or Marvel, Marvel could at least say that Bucky died, and stayed that way. Then The Red Skull get's a half-assed Cosmic Cube. Rediculous power still, and what does he do with it? Nothing so grand and over the top as would be expected, he uses the cube's single charge to rewrite the world so that Bucky was alive , and all this time had been his pet assassin. And his reasoning... "I could do so much to Captain America, but nothing I do will hurt him as much as this, the friend he lost, the one he pays his penance for failing to save, turned against him, at my beck and call, a man hated and feared by all governments, a man he can never redeem..."

Archived