Aberrant: Nova World - Recruitment

Justin OOC

They were listed grouped together. *shrugs* I assumed from that that he intended it as three dots of CK with those as the purchased techniques as opposed to three separate powers each at one dot. I also hadn't read all the way down yet to where he said he's gonna make a different character, so I guess it's moot anyways. :)

,, ,,

Anyhoo, who wants character ties?

Kait is from the Midwest and is one of the most prominent R&D scientists at the company. She specializes in the study of quantum energy/phenomenon and in the medical study/treatment of novas. She's good friends with Dragonstorm and has a gaming-geek baseline "kept man" husband; she also does charity work for areas traumatized by Q-Storms or places/people that have been harmed by nova eruptions or irresponsible nova behavior.

Ummm...those are the hooks I can think of right off the top of my head, but I'm more than open to suggestions! :D

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(On my phone)

Maxwell is working on his Masters in Oceanology. He's a hedonist from Florida who loves surfing, rollerblading, and enjoying life. Since the team lacked someone with knowledge of the seas and the growing problems in the Earth's oceans, he was asked to join the team. Some still find it odd that a fire nova has an affinity for water.

He's a great guy, with the understanding that if things are allowed to get worse, enjoying fun time on the beach will ne cancelled for everyone. He also co-owns Bad Daddy's BBQ. A bar and grill that has achieved immense popularity with tourists and locals. It's week end parties are legendary.

Aside from oceanology, Max is phenomenal chef. Culinary snobs claim he's wasting in a "BBQ pit" but It's his American/Haitian cuisine thats made the place so popular. That and Bad Daddy Kane is awesome company. Bad Daddy's BBQ is so popular that its made Max and Bad Daddy minor celebrities (Influence 1) in the state of Florida.

The%2520Sorceress.jpg

This is Seraph when she's active in her nova persona, yes, she does shape her outfit that way (though it's neofiber/eufiber based, so she can alter her dress as desired for the circumstance) at such times. She's somewhat of a energetic and hedonistic individual herself, so she would get along great with Maxwell, but she's unlikely to have any ties with him, coming from the northwest, she lived in a houseboat on the columbia river, on the edge of Portland, OR, so ironically, she's about as far to the north and west as you can be from Maxwell's home and still be part of the US, or living in Seattle. She has a love for nature, that was before she became a nova, and she still loves nature, only these days, nature seems to return her affection in spades, which is part of where she got the name 'the Druid'. I picture her houseboat these days surrounded by all kinds of animals, some of them less then safe for other people to be around without her present, and I picture her rescuing animals fairly regularly, as much as humans, not to mention the rescues in which she's rescuing animals from abuse by humans...

Character ties would be cool, sense before her eruption she was a linguist, and a good one, after her eruption, she's more then mastered the field, between linguistic genus, linguistics 5, she can speak dozens of languages fluently, and with nature mastery, if you count her ability to speak telepathically with every plant and animal in existence, she can work as a translator in any field of the life sciences.. She's most likely quite willing to work with Dr. Weaver in terms of studying her abilities, and assisting in rescue work.

Sure! Kait would have been fascinated by the ability to communicate with plants and animals. As she worked/works on her understanding of biology, she probably consult with Seraph quite a bit. Also, she will forever be asking the girl if she's cold. ;)

Hm...Dr. Delacosta has been seen very infrequently near ocean oil rigs running obscure tests, but otherwise isn't out at sea much at all. In blogs or certain free scientific publications he's outspoken about the need for humanity to find alternatives to fossil fuels. It may be hinted that he's been looking into the truth of peak oil since he left the employ of Exxon-Mobil. Other than that he tends to disappear into the hinterlands of Montana for months at a time. Anything there you can work with?

I may have to buy Cipher for some of the...incidents that happened in his recent past.

Kait is a supporter of alternative/renewable energy and many of her charity contributions would be to organizations that promote and develop those technologies. They've probably also "spoken" to each other through post-and-response forums and blogs on scientific websites. :)

honestly i should have asked before using them so that's my bad. but while i was doing some landscaping earlier i had some time to think about the character and i think im gonna still go with it but obviously do some retooling to make the concept work. although i do have to admit the cybersaurus idea is pretty cool and i might have to make that as well but to use in one of the games i play IRL.

Had a busy couple of days, so have yet to PM my character to Justin. I've got it mostly hashed out in my head however, and on scratch paper.

A couple comments/questions. First I'll say that I'm making a frontliner combat slugfest type character; simply because that's my favorite kind of "super" to play, but I've been working hard to keep it grounded in a solid sense of reality, and humanity. Just like some here like to play the scientist, I have my "archetype" as well. Don't worry, he is not going to be a dick, and most certainly is not going to have any "squicky" elements that I have messed around with in the past.

Second, it has been said that Eufiber is allowed...is it produced by Annibal Buendia in this setting as well, and has it become a fashion statement for the wealthy? May we take the Eufiber attuned merit? Is the weave skill allowed?

I should be able to finally get it all sorted out and sent in for approval later this evening.

Working on Sakurako now, actually. Gonna slide my character a little in terms of origins, particularly in how she arrived in Houston. She'll actually be there for a while. Although she's lost contact with her Parents (for unknown reasons) in the story, and that is how she's ended up residing in Houston. No way home. That means changing the initial back-story.

While Long can answer more fully, from our conversations on the board; No, Eufiber is not the icky excretion of another Nova, and Weave is not allowed. I myself have taken the Eufiber Attunement Merit and haven't heard anything about it but I can't say for sure about it yet. Don't know what the actual story of Eufiber is either but I think it's a creation of the Company so I doubt it has the same social status as in the canon universe.

Eufiber is a product of NovaStar, created by one of the R&D teams Dr. Weaver has led over the years. The Merit is available, and the social status of the material has not been discussed. The Weave skill is not being used.

Whoever plays Delacosta (sorry, I don't remember off the top of my head), I might suggest being a little more specific than 'terrorist' in who attacked the facility. That's incredibly vague. Was it eco-terrorists trying to stop the research? Corporate saboteurs? Someone else?

'Terrorist' makes it sound like Al Qaeda or somesuch randomly attacked a remote research facility in Texas for....reasons?

It's not a critical thing, I guess, it would just make the background hang together a bit more coherently if the motivation of the attackers (through their group affiliation) were clearer.

I actually left that vague because it was ultimately covered up. The details of who they were and what they were after were labeled classified by the govt. and no known organization came forward to claim responsibility. The incident was even hushed out of the media. ((It WAS an organization that instigated the attack, but it's one of those shadow-orgs like SPECTRE from the Bond movies, they deliberately stay in the background where they can do the most damage.))

Sky Lion there is a game called Warframe that has a lot of different suits.

,, ,,

I am aware! Though I'm not really one for online multiplayer shooters, especially of the free-to-play variety.

In other news I have my sheet all finalized and ready for submission, but my background still needs to get written out before I can send it in. I'm too exhausted to think/write at the moment, but have plenty of time over the next day or so to get it complete.

Also, I had a version of the Bermuda Triangle I was thinking of, but as has been noted that feels a bit cliche. So do a lot of my first notions. I think S-G hit it out of the park with his elemental swap zone. Hopefully some good inspiration will hit me...

Archived