[Exalted] Diplomatic Agendas

Heaven's Reach ST

Methis seemed downright happy with the turn of events.  Politics, murders, swaying of nations, wheels within wheels, all within plans that were shaped like more wheels.  This was what life was made of.  It was somewhat unfortunate that his duties would require him to leave this world so soon, but it was not going to be without making an impression.  He always made an impression.

"Queen Emerald Sonata, while my work for the Confederation of Rivers would prevent me from remaining planet side for too terribly long, I would be more than willing to aid in smoothing things over as best I can while I am here."

He turned to regard Dan, though still fairly clearly speaking to the Queen.  "The duties of a Liaison to the Marshalls does mean that I am obligated to go where they go, which is a task I perform joyfully."

He looked back between Vera and the queen.  "Though the miracle of technology means that I am quite capable of assisting in other ways, whether as a diplomat or a propagandist.  Whichever is needed most urgently by the crown." 

"

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something about Methis suddenly clicked... His overeager nature to imbed himself into the political maelstrom forming around Her Majesty was bordering on an insult to the crown. "Our problems are our own, Methis. They are more than able to be sorted... Her Majesty has had crises like this before in her reign, this is nothing she is incapable of handling on her own."

"We don't need outside influences worming their way into our nation. You would do best to remember that fact."

There was a name she wanted to use on this "liason" now... "snaketongue" came to mind.

"Let me remind you... we aren't like the Empire. We don't need "Propaganda". There are no signs and posters reminding people of the glory of her Majesty or how the Volkovs and the other houses watch the people!"

She was holding back. "We asked for aid, and the Marshals came. Where was the "Confederation of Rivers" when my brothers and sisters died for their country? When The Captain here and his fleet fought by our side?"

Methis smiled the same smile that had won over nations before he had to say a word.  Even through the privacy shield that had been erected, those perceptive to such things could feel the room brighten as he did so, the light of the Sun's pleasure shining through him.

"And while you are a soldier, Lieutenant, I am not.  We play two different games, you and I.  You were chosen for yours by our mutual benefactor by Sol Invictus because you are the best.  The same can be said for me.  Please keep this in mind when telling me how to play my game."  The words were light, friendly, but their meaning was lost on no one.  There was a storm brewing, and the rest of the room could feel it.  "The Star Marshals are a charter organization.  One of the signatories of the charter that forms the Marshals is the Confederation of Rivers.  You ask where the Confederation was when aid was asked for, I give you Captain Dan Hawkins and his crew.  The Confederation of Rivers is there, as well as everywhere else that the Marshals bring peace and justice to the frontiers."

"I would not dare to take anything away from Captain Hawkins and his phenomenal agents.  Their actions on and above this world and countless others are commendable beyond measure.  At this point, as is evidenced by my presence, the time for open war and conflict is over.  The soldiers put their weapons away, enjoy some much deserved rest and relaxation.  Now is the time when Her Illustrious Majesty, Captain Hawkins' beautiful daughter, and I go to work."  He indicated the gleaming, golden metallic sheen surrounding everything in their vicinity.  "This party, the food, the guest list, the entertainment, the schedule, all of it.  There are no signs or posters proclaiming the glory of one party or another, but make no mistake, this is the work of a propagandist."

The mood lightened as he turned to Althea, bringing his hands together in what would be expected from someone fervently thanking the person they were talking to.  "And a phenomenally skilled one.  You have my admiration and appreciation for this, Althea."

He turned back to the queen, the mood light and cheerful again, the surrounding personages reflecting it.  Not through use of any particular charm or another, it was simply that when a social titan of the Unconquered Sun spoke, whether it was through words or even subtle, nigh imperceptible cues, the galaxy listened.  

"At any rate, as I said before, your Majesty.  On behalf of the Confederation, my services are at the disposal of the crown for as long as I am able to provide them. You have but to let me know what you desire and you shall have it"

Vera walked right up to Methis, looking him right in the eye. He just spat on the memory of her siblings... of those that died to earn that peace. "I see no scars on you, snaketongue. We won that peace. You just sat around with your flowery words."

She leaned over so Methis could see the building rage in her. "The one thing that keeps my mother from weeping over my vacuum exposed corpse is the fact I exalted out there in that battle. My brothers and sisters didn't have that damn luxury. You talk like you achieved all this!"

She balled up her right hand, it tremored. "But you are sorely wrong. We did... those that died... those that can no longer stand on their feet... and those of us who bear the loss. We achieved that peace! You would do well to remember that!"

Methis was mildly annoyed this time around.  Here he was trying to have a discussion with the Queen, and this would be officer kept interrupting.  Exalted or not, it was frustrating and had he not been unshakable in his manner, he may have reacted.  He sighed as the woman tried to intimidate him, proclaiming her indignation for all who cared to hear.  

"Again, I am not taking anything away from your sacrifices.  Your actions are to be commended"

He looked at her fist, balled up and shaking.  Out of the corner of his eye and echoing in his mind he could feel, and in some cases see his Terrestrial bodyguards move into flanking positions around them.  Daesari and Myra taking positions back and to the rear, one on each side of the queen herself, a few steps off to the side in either direction.  Isolde stood behind him.  He wasn't attuned enough to Essence to notice such things, but he didn't have to be to understand what they were preparing for.  Methis quickly met the eyes of the Fire and Water aspects, a single slight shake of his head, half a centimeter in either direction and they began to relax their stance.  He turned one of his hands over and moved it down slightly.  He wasn't able to meet Isolde's eyes with her standing directly behind him but at least in theory the gesture should send the clear enough message.

"Now, please Lieutenant, step aside so that the diplomats can speak and make sure that the peace that you fought for so hard lasts.  I wish to avoid any unnecessary conflict.  Please"  He paused a moment and indicated the Queen that was on the other side of Vera.   "May we finish our discussion?"

"So... now you're threatening me?"

Her gaze changed. "You... you say the peace I fought for will be lost on your say-so? Fine. I'll take my leave."

"If I may be excused, Your Majesty, don't let the snake's venom into your veins."

"And by the way, Captain, you should be careful on who you choose to be your allies..."

"So... now you're threatening me?"

Her gaze changed. "You... you say the peace I fought for will be lost on your say-so? Fine. I'll take my leave."

Methis blinked a few times and briefly raised an eyebrow. Letting his confusion show. "I'm not threatening any-" He stopped mid sentence, blinked a few more times and looked to his girls, who for their part had seemingly relaxed fully, the situation looking like it was going to be resolved peacefully. "Nevermind."

"If I may be excused, Your Majesty, don't let the snake's venom into your veins."

"And by the way, Captain, you should be careful on who you choose to be your allies..."

He watched the assembled beneath the bubble. This discussion was clearly serving no positive purpose and it was time for the Queen speak, or perhaps the Lieutenant's new Captain. Someone in her direct chain of command.

Nova had watched the exchange behind an inscrutable mask.   When at last he spoke, his voice was low.  "Some things simply do not change."

He looked to the queen, Admiral, Methis, and Althea.   "I trust the four of you enough to know none of you would jeopardize the peace we have fought hard to maintain, and that the sacrifices on all sides will not be in vain.   I think perhaps I should have a word or two with my new charge in private.   If you would all excuse me for that I would be grateful. 

"My Daughter has shown herself to be more than capable of peaceful discourse of political nature, So I'll leave such things to her in my absence, as I have thus far."

His move was a political one of his own, with him leaving for awhile with the newest Solar, her conduct could be pinned on the Marshals, allowing the queen to save face.   It wouldn't be missed at all by the ones within the bubble, but it was a gesture to peace, and a show of what he felt was more important.  He looked to Methis, and nodded once, thankful that he'd backed his guards off before they had a major incident.

He turned his steely gaze to Vera, and knew the young zenith was smoldering inside over what she'd taken as an affront,  he didn't react openly to her.    He was annoyed by her outburst, but did understand.   Still he felt it had been largely uncalled for.

At times like this, he really wished that his brain could come up with more than durr, durr-hur-hurr, derpderpderp, or some variation thereof. Sure, he'd done all the legwork only to see it rapidly spiral out of control. Sure, he was blowing his cover to support the other Marshals. Sure, part of being undercover was not having any of the sweet gear he'd loot- Er, obtained from that stint in the Sargasso abd had only his trusty Behemothskin overcoat and sidearm.

To be fair, he'd been warned that situations were likely to spiral out of control, but for his tracking operations to run face-first into the meat grinder of planetary politics seemed somehow unfair for his first lead investigator gig.

Then again, if life were fair, I'd just be a two-cred hustler back at the whorehouse.

"Okay, Night-hunter, I'm in-"

The sound of the breaking door was unmistakable.

"...position."

Still better than Fat Camp

Methis had resolved shortly after being accused of issuing threats that he wasn't going to be the one to resolve this particular discussion.  The luminous glow filling the bubble indicated that he was still his own radiant self, his countenance and clothing choices cutting an image just short of the divine.  The response he had received from his offer of aid was perplexing to say the least.  It was not completely misunderstood, as this was not the first soldier he had dealt with.  Combine loss of comrades and family with the immortal divide between soldiers and politicians, and he did not expect that they would be fast friends.  It was the vehemence of the response that had brought the confusion.

He watched Dan make his recommendations and noted the slight nod.  This was good.  The Captain at least had recognized what had almost happened and didn't.  When Vera stepped from the bubble and made her way off, Methis simply watched her go for a moment.  Looking back over the scene, he factored in the element that they both shared.  Exalted.  Certain Exalted, the Zenith Caste particularly were known for the strength of their convictions.  While Methis was functionally unshakable in his Integrity, it was believed that Sol Invictus made his Zeniths actually unshakable.  This explained a lot.  She had made her mind up before they had even met.  He was unfamiliar, he was from outside.  He was the enemy.  This made sense.  He could have turned the full brunt of his social might on her and nothing would have changed that.  This was the only reasonable explanation.  He was Cygnis Methis, the Perfected Architect of Worldly Magnificence.  He was a Prince of Nexus.  His connections and assets were known far and wide.  He could raise or destroy, bless or bury, any of guests here outside this bubble without even exerting effort.  With effort, he could likely make or break the entire room.  This was known.  It was documented.  People didn't just 'blow up' at him.  It simply did not happen.

"I do not believe Duchess Volkov and I are going to be friends any time soon.  How unfortunate."  He seemed to be genuinely remorseful about this fact, turning to the Queen and the Marshal Captain.  "For what it is worth, I apologize for my involvement in that exchange.  I was unaware that the Duchess would react so severely to an outsider's offer of aid"

He looked to the Imperial Admiral.  "Fleet Admiral Cathak, I offer you my apology as well that you had to see all that.  I'm sure we can attribute any implied insult to the Empire to the stress of adjusting to Exaltation and such things will not be a factor in our interactions later, yes?"

----------------------------------------------------------

OOC:

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but Methis is using the First Presence Excellency as well as "Irresistible Salesman's Spirit" to augment his "request" of the Admiral.

First Presence Excellency adds dice to his Presence roll, ISS makes every success on Presence he gets count for 2.  

Methis's Appearance is currently 9, reducing Cathak's MDV against him by the difference between Cathak's own appearance and his.

Vera fumed behind a pillar some distance away from the conversation and the bubble. Making sure she couldn't see the snaketongued diplomat trying to steal the crown jewels as some sort of payment for keeping her Aunt's nation from collapsing in civil war.

Something about his kind riled her to no end. And he chose just the right words not to persuade her, but to anger her.

She also knew from how Dan looked that she was going to be read the riot act... to her Dan's already more than likely bit the diplomat's bait hook, line, and sinker. Something about this whole situation was turning in her gut and she was pulled in 1000 different ways. Like a High-G maneuver but without the G-compensation system.

It was clear she was conflicted, that and her family's honor as well. To her... it was just spat on.

As Vera departed, the Queen reached out after her for a moment then let her hand fall back down again, and for a moment a hint of pain appeared on her face, before she controlled herself, it was just enough for the diplomats within the bubble to see it, but not long enough to be more then a flash.

Althea considered a moment, the rise in tensions was not at all what she wanted for this gathering and she exchanged a slightly distressed glance with the queen as tensions rose further.  A choice needed to be made, and she reached out and put a hand on Methis shoulder, speaking quietly as she did.  “Thank you for not taking offense, Prince Methis, the Duchess is still morning her dead, I at least will welcome your assistance in soothing tensions between the Empire and the Kingdom of Kry’sta’tor, regardless of what others may be thinking or feeling.”

As the Serenity caste indicated a willingness to work with the Eclipse to bring this situation to a harmonious resolution, Methis attention on Erika Carthak, the Imperial Admiral had her smile slightly and incline her head politely in his direction, as his words clearly soothed over whatever degree of irritation she might have been feeling .  "Of course, Prince Methis, I can hardly take offense at a soldier being a soldier, after all, I am a commander of troops."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gianno

While the other exalted were moving to corral the assassins, Gianno was more then free to pick his own location to intercept the assassins, he was close enough to put himself just about anywhere but right inside with the assassins before the lunars broke down the door.

With a smile and a nod, Dan was excused, and he left the negotiations to those who were best suited for it.   He made his way over to where Vera stood behind a pillar.  "Walk with me, Vera?  I've heard the gardens are quiet and relaxing at night."   It was a request, as much as command.   His tone betrayed no emotion, it was perfectly even and he honestly didn't seem about to ream her out.. 

Vera grunted slightly. Following. Something he didn't expect royal blood to do, although perhaps if she was 7th in line to the throne of the house at one point, it could probably be forgiven she wasn't as polished as her late brothers and sisters. "Yeah... I've spent many an hour there, but more studying my tactical lessons back in the academy... or smarting from my mother's rebukes and subsequent corporal punishments." She said massaging her shoulders. "I'm sure your medical teams will become acquainted with the scars on my back."

She shook her head. Realizing for someone who loved her so... could be such a apt disciplinarian. "Right now..." Her eyes narrowed. "I really don't want to even look at that... slick tongued little..."

Methis was still in her head.

He waited until they'd left and actually made it into the gardens, away from other people before turning to her and speaking.  "Well you damn well better get used to being around him, or at least serving on the same ship with him."  Nova looked at her.  "He is a Prince in his own right, a powerful Eclipse caste, and I know you feel some connection with him, because there is one.  All chosen of the Sun feel it.   He's a smooth talker, but he has elected, or been elected, to serve as Liasion with the Marshals from Nexus, a realm with considerable clout.  Even i don't want to get on their bad side."

"You damn near started a 4 way international incident, that would make things even harder on the Queen than they already are.  I know you lost family fighting in the last series of battles, against imperial abyssal, and infernal forces.  They may not be happy at the Imperials sitting at the table as allies, but that is the hand Fate has dealt us."

his voice took on the inspiring tone of a veteran commander.  "I took charge of this system when the ships at my command came in-system.  It was at my request that the Imperials disengaged the Local forces, focusing on the Infernals.  it was my Fleet, my ship, that brought down the Abyssal battleship, and her Deathknight commander.  One under my command destroyed enough of the Infernal fleet to force them to flee.  Then it was the marshals under my command, the special agents i've been assigned, who helped hunt down all enemy agents within the the lunar base, in addition to myself.  

"The Vara sent great amounts of aid to restore the base to full functionality, a First Age wonder that will grant enormous power to the queen and this system."

"All the peace of the last month means little, because politics is just war continued by other means, and it is every bit as delicate, and can ruin even more of creation the the direct ravages of war."

"Do you understand that?   What you did in there was a soldier's reaction, That's what you've always been, but NOT what you are now.   You are a Zenith caste, the holy priests of Sol Invictus.   You must rise up and become more than a warrior.  I know the strength to do so is within you."

"I do not berate you, or denigrate the loss you have suffered, but you must rise above it.  Soon it seems more responsibility will be thrust on you than you ever imagined, and you must learn to temper your exuberance, to control your temper.  I will help you, if you ask, and I know my daughter will be quick to offer her help, as forging or mending connections between two sides are something of her specialty."

"Methis is not our foe.  He had no part in any way in the battles we fought, do not judge him out of hand.  There are many ways to fight, many arenas of battle.  In his chosen Arena, He is among the most rare, the most powerful.  When we go back inside, I expect you to apologize to him.   Not in front of all those present, but privately, sincerely.   You jumped the gun, and he is gracious enough that with the stress of your life lately he will let the matter lie with that."

He watched her face as he spoke.  "You don't like what i've said, but this isn't the first time this has happened, it may not be the last."  near the end of his words his expression softened abit as if he were remembering an old memory.

"I understand that, Captain... but as far as I'm concerned I will apologize to him in the time and place of my choosing, no other." She said looking at him reading his posture. "Someone like Methis is dangerous. He knows his game all too well, and I'm not sure he realizes each word he says could cost people their homes, their livelihoods, or even their lives."

She crossed her arms. "If he is so willing to sell us down the river because I took exception with him because of what he's said, then he's not a diplomat, he's a spoiled child who is too dangerous to even be allowed in our number."

She wasn't sure if she was on dangerous ground now with Dan... at this point if she's out before she's even in, she didn't even know. "That is how I see it. If he is working in our best interests I stand corrected... but I have to see if we can trust him."

She shook her head. "You got the wrong person for the job, Captain... not for being some peaceful diplomat. I am a warrior by trade. It is what I was born into and probably one day it'll be what takes me out. I got lucky this time... to be honest I should be with my Brothers and Sisters in the beyond, not here among your kind."

"You have any idea how that feels, Captain? The guilt of surviving when everyone else you care for is dead?"

She sat on a bench. "Why now? If Sol Invictus saw I was worthy of waking up, why wasn't it sooner when I could have been steered in the right direction? I got all these memories in my head and all I'm seeing are my mistakes. The only thing I did right in my past life was getting myself killed over a matter of..."

Her eyes opened wide and she covered her mouth as if a great sin was witnessed. "By Sol's Grace... it was my Pride, wasn't it?"

There was tears in her eyes as her expression changed from a wounded child to someone whose eyes have been opened. "It was all about my pride wasn't it... Captain... I died back then because I felt I was a failure then... My pride was wounded and I destroyed myself to prove a point that didn't need proving. I shed all my pride and vengeance on the battlefield in the here and now and The Unconquered Sun saw it was time... now... I slipped... What have I done?"

She looked up to the Captain, it seemed her spit and polish started to erode into the shape of a young Zenith back from the beyond. "I don't want to repeat the same mistakes... not this time. Harmonious Thunder will not be responsible for another mistake. Not this Lifetime. Not anything that would decide the doom of star systems."

"The one thing I never said in my past life... I need to say now... I need your help, Captain. Help me to rise and shine brighter than all the other lights in the heavens."

He watched as she had her own epiphany, something he was somewhat surprised to see come so fast, but then She had been chosen, and indeed she was more powerful than she should be for so young an exalt. 

As she looked up to him, asking for his help he nodded, and gently placed his hands on her shoulders.  "Of course i will help you, it is what circlemates do, my old friend."

"It is not our place to guess the reasons of our patrons, but to accomplish what they set before us, and to enhance life for as many as we can, to plumb the depths of mystery, and show the wisdom to know when enough is enough."

"Methis and Althea will be out diplomats, Sophia will keep us connected, You, Karen, and I are warriors, Zed and Kestrel can get places the rest of us cannot.  Dyna will keep us and our artifacts functioning,, and Noble Endeavor serves as my Second in Command.  We all have roles to play, and we may be called upon to act beyond them.  I trust most all to be capable in this, by virture of being Exalted."

Very nodded. Brushing off her dress uniform. "Understood."

She trembled a little, as that wave of knowledge washed over her. "I will speak with Methis when it is an option... Seems indeed my pride was one of my enemies again, just not as badly as the last time my Pride cost me."

She sighed as her tension passed. "So... Captain... You have room for a Voidfighter pilot who is also trained in the Gunkata techniques of House Volkov?" She said with a smile. "If so... I'm definitely at your service."

"I do indeed, and even if I didn't, room would be made, for one of such pedigree."   he smiled at her.  "The chosen of the sun are meant to work together, and having you work alongside me sounds like it will be beneficial to both of us, as well as my ship and crew."

"They are home and family to me, in time, perhaps, they will be as such to you."  he knew it would likely not, but still he would do what he could to make her at home on the ship.  She had obviously not felt the connection they did indeed have, but it was due to inexperience.    All things would come in their proper time.

"Are you willing to set aside your current home and people, and take up a greater cause?  Bringing law to the entirety of the cosmos, working in grey areas when others cannot, dispensing justice and judgement as needed, and rendering aid to all who walk in the Light?"

Gianno figured he'd come to the right place as the sound of door smashing and the sight of two ladies bursting through met him at once. Well, business was underway. Cracking time. Gianno waited and casually whistled, counting in his head until the apparent Marshal brute squad was clear and through, before sauntering to the door way and leaning back against the sides of the portal, drawing his starmetal, gleaming sleek starcaster.

Annnnnnnnnnnd spare the glance to make sure he wasn't going to run directly into the fracas or miss the targets.

Sophia's Eyes Light up upon hearing the Plan.  "Squeeee!   Thank you Kestrel!   I'll be sure to kick some asses."

Once in Position she nods to Karren.  And then.......

SMASH!!!  Sophia Kicks Down the Door with such force the hits the Wall on the otherside.

" Tch tch tch.   Door they sure don't make doors as solid as they used."  She said making a stance.

Vera stood up, looking Dan right in his eyes, even at the distance they were in her presence seemed to fill the area more than an average person. "Sol Invictus granted me my powers once more to bring light to the darkness and bring hope to the hopeless. Sometimes just a kind word won't be enough, I guess that's why he chose me. I can fight, as well as move people... although I think I need to work on that last part a little... It seems I was reincarnated here at this point and time not only as a second chance, but because I am needed."

She scratched her head. "Sort of odd, the memories in my head of my past life I know are mine yet... I know I'm still me, you know?" She sighed, "I'm just glad I don't... remember my final painful moments as the first Harmonious Thunder or I wager I'd have more than a few... pieces of unresolved baggage."

"I also wager I'm being allowed to remember for some reason... it seems partially as a lesson... but I think there is more. But I can't place my finger on it..."

"Mysteries and complications, Captain..." She sighed. "Your life this interesting beyond fighting for Truth, Justice, and the Solar way?" She said with a smirk.

"Very few remember the moments before they passed from the world.   Fewer still remember their first incarnations.   As to why you can remember, it is so we do not make the same mistakes again."

At her last comment and question he laughed, he couldn't help himself at it.  "Oh no, no, no.   This, this is tame compared to what we Marshals normally contend with.   and as Solar Exalted, you can bet that this, this is only the tip of the iceberg of adventure and strangeness that you have seen."

He offered her a smile.  "Luckily, you will not see and face it alone, you will be among friends."

Vera smirked. "Almost enough for me to renounce my title and take this on full throttle... might calm things down a little, considering the fact most of the drama is the fact I'm a Zenith in the Volkov line... then again it might also serve the vultures hiding in the royal court well if I end up dead on the frontier somewhere... then again from what I've seen if it's enough to kill one of us, it's a threat to everyone."

Her smirk turned to a grin. "Fabulous... to be honest all this is going to do is make me stronger. That's what's scaring the elite."

"So... what's first?"

"it can be an intimidating thing to face, A young solar, gifted with real power.  Now is exactly the time they should be nurturing you, helping you become who you truly aspire to be, are meant to be.  Still they fight and bicker, squabbling like children." 

"What comes next is you and I return inside, and slowly make our rounds and eventually we rejoin the queen and our previous conversation.  I expect you to find a proper way to privately apologize to Methis, but know if you cannot be sincere, he will know.  Beyond that be yourself, and don't get drawn into politics."

he shrugged,"You can always remain with me if you like, but I'd prefer it not seem like I hauled you out here to dress you down and now you're a little whipped dog at my heel."  his tone told her he didn't see it that way at all,but it was plain to see that this would be what the more uncharitable would think within.

Vera smirked. "Trust me, I know being rebuked." Said, on her feet and putting her hand on Dan's shoulder. "You probably would knock me a good one if you did such a thing. My Mother... she knew how to work you over."

She shivered, remembering the lashes. "You don't look like the 20 lashes type. You have... an unusual balance to how you handle things."

"It would do me well to learn how to access that within myself."

She nodded. "Let's start making our way back in, but... as you said, let's make the rounds. Tonight isn't the night for apologies unless we get to mingle at some party later."

She put on her garrison cap. "Now, shall we?"

Assassins (Because a Picture is worth a 1000 words)

As the lunars break into the room, and Kestrel slides though a window

Hotel Room

speedart___trooperfx_entry_by_blueauraar

Inhabitants

Two Females in Blue Jade Tech Outfits

cyber_girl_by_arist0te-d56385h.jpg

One woman in purple

possible%2520endings%2520caste.jpg

There is also a pair regular humans in the room, but they are just extras when up again exalted.

Diplomacy

While Dan and Vera talked, the queen watched for a moment, turned her attention to the others inside the bubble.  "Well, I believe that just everything that needs to be said privately is said, and I can't keep the privacy bubble without being challenged in way or another by my own people, hopefully the Marshal and my niece will be rejoining us shortly, in a calmer mood."  She gave the three still inside with her a charming smile as the bubble came back down.

Meanwhile, it was fairly clear that Methis has managed to charm both Erika Carthak and Althea Hawkins at the very least, the queen was a bit harder to read, likely because she was focused on trying to be hard to read in this circumstance.  "Hopefully, we all can come out better for the experience."

The conversation between Vera and Dan had gathered it's own attention, though non of the courtiers or diplomats had drawn quite close enough to be heard, they were watching the Dawn and the Zenith.

As the front door buckled and exploded inward under the irresistable force of Karren and Sophia's apocalyptic entrance, the occupants of the room could perhaps be forgiven for missing the slow, silent slide of one of the windows from nearly shut, to open enough for someone to get their head through...which was also just wide enough for Kestrel to slip frictionlessly through. She moved as silently as a dream, and protective weaves of essence still twined around her. Had the assassisn not been distracted, they would probably have figured it out, perhaps had a chance to enact countermeasures.

As it was, they had plenty on their plates without worrying about that.

Once inside, Kestrel paused just a moment to let them engage the lunars before joining the fight.

(OOC - Join Battle

[salmonMax] 7:57 pm: Also, join  battle
SalmonMax *rolls* 8d10: 7+2+1+3+2+3+7+8: 33
[salmonMax] 7:58 pm: Tch. Well 3 successes.)

Waiting for the action to begin never quite sat well with Zed. It was always better to act and go on the offensive or, as was often the case with him, cut and run.

Copied from OOC
[Rubio] 2:21 pm: Okay. Six dice for join battle...
[Rubio] 2:22 pm: Aaaand I can't roll from my phone
Asarasa *rolls* 6d10: 7+2+6+5+4+2: 26
[Asarasa] 2:23 pm: It's /d xdy
[Rubio] 2:26 pm: Ahhh
Rubio *rolls* 6d10e7: 10,6,9,2,5,5. Successes = 2
[Rubio] 2:27 pm: Actually 3 fir rolling the 10
[Rubio] 2:27 pm: Witness?
[Rubio] 2:28 pm: Anyone?
[Lobby]: Jordan has entered at 2:28 pm
[Asarasa] 2:29 pm: Witness
[Jordan] 2:29 pm: Heya Folks

[Asarasa] 2:29 pm: Heya Jordan

"Oh Nice digs you all got here.  Shame I'm gonna have to smash it up!"

Sophia Slams both her feet onto the ground as she makes a stance

"Come On!"

rolls
Abyss Phantasia *rolls* 5d10: 6+10+2+9+2: 29

so 3 Sux fo JBs

Diplomacy

While Dan and Vera talked, the queen watched for a moment, turned her attention to the others inside the bubble.  "Well, I believe that just everything that needs to be said privately is said, and I can't keep the privacy bubble without being challenged in way or another by my own people, hopefully the Marshal and my niece will be rejoining us shortly, in a calmer mood."  She gave the three still inside with her a charming smile as the bubble came back down.

Meanwhile, it was fairly clear that Methis has managed to charm both Erika Carthak and Althea Hawkins at the very least, the queen was a bit harder to read, likely because she was focused on trying to be hard to read in this circumstance.  "Hopefully, we all can come out better for the experience."

The conversation between Vera and Dan had gathered it's own attention, though non of the courtiers or diplomats had drawn quite close enough to be heard, they were watching the Dawn and the Zenith.

Vera adjusted her dress uniform as she and Dan moved through the halls. Paintings of various heroes and heroines of the Kingdom, dead and still living with some are arrayed along the side-hallway Vera decided to take, not really wanting to double-back for some reason.

She stopped for a moment in front of a painting of a man... in his 40s, dressed in full flight gear, but wearing a cloak with a detailed trim, standing in front of Kry'sta'tor itself. 

"Duke Andre Antonov Volkov"... She said, running her finger along the name placard on the bottom of the picture. "Hero and Founder of House Volkov... and my Father. He was one of our finest Aces... died defending the people from the predation of Pirates that had been causing problems with trade in our frontiers. I and my Sisters avenged him... In kind."

She couldn't look at the painting, suddenly. "I don't think my Father wanted to see his sons and daughters again so soon... yet without me..."

She turned to Dan. "I know you understand... all I want is what is best for the Kingdom... My family has spent it's entire heritage defending the crown and who had worn it. We are the elite guard of Her Majesty... You know my being taken from here will leave just my Mother to carry on that duty, and managing all the cadet branches of the family."

She sighed. "I'm going to admit, I was 7th in line to become the head Duchess of House Volkov... as such I was allowed to follow my interests instead of matters of the throne. I... I was thought to become just a shipman on one of her Majesty's Voidships, although what got me into the cockpit of a Voidfighter was my skill and my interests."

Smiling she scratched her head. "I used to pilot a small racing Voidsloop before my entry in the Academy. It's odd the skills you pick up in Solar Sailing transfer to piloting a Void Ship."

"You know if we got time after this is all sorted, perhaps your group might need some rest and relaxation, I could show them the wonder of Solar Sailing sometime. It's an acquired skill, but depending on the class, it's also a wonderful experience for all aboard." She rested her hands behind her. "Would be a nice way to apologize... Maybe Methis can hold a party on a particularly big one. I think my Mother still owns her Yacht..."

She rested her finger on her cheek. "Then again every moment here I'm being watched by interested eyes. Let them watch, you'd swear this is a schoolyard and the new student is trying to hit on the class president." She said with a kidding tone.

Then she suddenly straightened. "Oh... sorry, I slipped from protocol, Captain."

Assassin's

Surprised, but quickly alert to the attack, the exalted within the room reacted with the quickness and skill one would expect of the most capable beings in the galaxy.  The mortals were caught completely flatfooted, but the exalted reacted with a degree of speed that was almost unnatural, the first was the woman in purple, and as they got closer, it was also possible to see the tiny purple sparkles covering her eyes, telling those who knew what she was.. 

Xia, the Endings caste shifted to a combat stance, as she activated the form charm known as snake form, and in her hands unfolded a starmetal seven section staff ringed with purple script on each of the seven sections.

The twin air aspects though were a little less easy to differentiate, except one clearly had a lot more weapons on her person then the other, from the knife sheaths she was wearing, but it was the blue jade chakram that she pulled out as she activated the charm Air Dragon Form and prepared to move that really differentiated her from her sister.

The last one shifted to the back of the room, a more defensive stance as she looked over the invaders, she was a bit less quick to react then the other two and so the attackers were moving a bit faster then she was.

Join Battle Results

5 - 8 - 1 - 7 - 10 - 1 - 8 - 10 - 6 - 6 (Xia): 7

6 - 2 - 5 - 9 - 2 - 1 - 9 - 9 - 10 (Blue Wind): 5

Gianno: 4

Kestrel: 3

Sophia: 3

Zed: 3

10 - 4 - 3 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 4  (Lily): 2

8 - 5 - 5 - 5 - 4 (Exquisite Dynamic Synergy): 1

2 - 3 - 4 - 9 - 1 (Karren): 1

Mooks: 0 (Surprised, bottom of the round)

Nova took in everything with the practiced air of attention,   "A Sailing trip sounds relaxing.  If your mother doesn't have one still one can be acquired easily enough I imagine."

He looked at her.  "Dan will do for this, Vera.  I may be here as Captain Hawkins, but you are here in your capacity as nobility, whether you like it as such or not.  Don't strain yourself trying to adhere completely to some preconceived protocols that don't really apply to the situation."

He nodded over towards the Queen.  "I think enough time has passed that we can rejoin the conversation circle we left, let's make our way there, and give them all something to really wonder about."

Vera smirked. "Let's."

Sometimes she knew how to leave people guessing. Deception is after all a skill of a practiced tactician and warrior.

She returned with Dan to the meeting, her expression calmed and neutral, less bound to protocol, but more attentive to the current situation.

Zed remained alert outside the room, waiting to intercept anyone who emerged from the immediate melee where the celestial powerhouses were shortly to mix it up. His sidearm felt woefully inadequate, but somehow it seemed that closing in to close combat (please don't let it come to that) was a bad idea to lead off with.

• 2 weeks later...

The Assassins

The battle went very quickly, too quickly in fact for the degree of opposition that was expected, for most members of the party, it seemed as though the Sidereal, Xia was not there, but Gianno drew upon considerable strength of will and knew better, the sidereal had altered fate and destiny to insure that she wasn't there.

Meanwhile, without Xia's support, Blue Wind and Lily alone were no match for the combined efforts of the celestial exalted.  As fate realigned itself so that Kestrel's attacks fell upon Blue Wind instead of Xia, her sorceress sister screamed and begged to be allowed to save her, willing to tell them anything and to do anything necessary if it would save her sister.

Demanding explanations, the Air aspect told them everything they wanted to know, explaining their targets, the three individuals who hired them, two local nobles and a member of the Mnenom Syndicate from a distance.  The targets had been the Queen, her niece Vera, and the sidereal, Althea.  The details of why were not entirely certain, though the two nobles were close enough to the throne for the reason to be understood, and the Carthak and Mnemnon houses were rivals.

Meanwhile, with explanations and introductions, Gianno was able to present his credentials, of a sort, with Dyna and Dan confirming them over the net link though the heartstones.  With the information that Lily was able to impart to her, Kestrel had Zed attempt to intercept Xia as she shifted to a different location and took to the streets, the water aspect barely managed to follow her even as Kestrel began to relay the information back to Dan and check to see if they had any way to intercept the Sidereal.

Diplomacy

Meanwhile, as Dan and Vera were moving to rejoin the small gathering around the queen, Dan was contacted by Kestrel to inform them most of the assassins had been caught, but one of them was attempting to escape.  At the moment, the only one with a good chance of catching her was Vera, using the Voidfighter that had been gifted to her by the queen upon her exaltation.

So the Zenith was quickly running out of the gathering, heading to her ship even as Dan moved to join his daughter and the queen.  Just in time to hear Althea speaking to the circle around the queen about their next move.  "I am going to begin a prayer to invoke peace, harmony and the maiden serenity, if you would would care to extend your efforts to mine, I would welcome it, Prince Methis.  I intent to invoke the full power of my caste in this, so you should prepare yourselves."

With those words, she drew a prayer strip from her garment and wrapped it around her eyes, it became solid, made of starmetal and blue jade.  Then she moved to the center of the room and began a song and dance that was both prayer and blessing, calling on the maiden of serenity to bless this gathering, to bring peace and harmonic resolution to the talks and to bring the diplomats together in one purpose.  Her perfomance drew the eyes of the entire gathering.

Althea has activated harmonic completion, the charm invokes an unnatural effect, an emotion of trust toward her to everyone who pays attention to her performance, it has little effect of those who already trust she knows what she's doing, such as those of you around the queen, but it's got a broader effect toward the entire gathering.  It also grants two bonus successes to anyone who makes any social moves to exert complementary influence that spreads her message and goals, which at this time is to bring this gathering into harmony and commitment to the peace efforts.. ON another note, it turns all of her performance dice into automatic successes, which in this case is 13 dice, so her performance is an amazing one.

Archived